PDA

View Full Version : the be-all end-all guide to defeating your mirror (post suggestions here!)

Pages : [1] 2

SoliS
20-05-2005, 20:51
the rules:

post only builds you HAVE defeated the mirror with, and please, post builds where you did not have to REALLY struggle to do it.

suggestions may be general, but I would like more specific builds

please limit the questions (if you need help, just search the thread for the build you want)

keep OT to a minimum

EXPLAIN THE STRATEGY BEHIND YOUR BUILD!!!!!! only listing skills sometimes isnt enough.

have at ye!

SoliS
20-05-2005, 21:04
RANGERS:

heres my first setup: (this applies to ALL rangers, not just the R/Me that i play)

Hunter's shot
Penetrating shot (or attack?)
troll unguent
DISTRACTING SHOT
symbiosis
quickening zephyr
that other nature ritual that takes 5 seconds to cast.... spirit of wind? not the preparation read the wind, the OTHER one thats a spirit but does the same thing.

***THIS IS IMPORTANT*** no matter what, the mirror will think the spirits help him. If you run in close to him, he whips out an axe and won't go back to bow, but still casts the rituals whenever he can. this means he cant use your BOW ATTACKS and the spirits dont give him ANY BENEFIT. leaving him with only ONE SKILL: TROLL UNGUENT. "oh no!" you think. "now i wont be able to kill him!"

WRONG.

as soon as he casts troll, use distracting shot (the one that interrupts target's current ACTION but only deals a few damage)

he cant heal, you whip out the bow attacks and destroy him. took me 3 tries to get this build. once i figured it out, he went down first time.

any nature rituals will do, as long as they dont help him and DO help you. symbiosis helps no one, but its the only other one i had. 5 second cast time too.

NOTE: if you use ANY mesmer skills, you will screw yourself over, because if you try to cast troll, he WILL interrupt you, or take your energy.

Darc.Syde
21-05-2005, 07:43
mesmer

backfire
wastrel's worry
shatter delusions
empathy

everything else leave blank.

start off with backfire then empathy, then dodge ur mirrors arrows until you can shatter del ur empathy.

Darc.Syde
21-05-2005, 10:13
monk'

run 4 maintainted enchantments

life attunement
essence bond
holy veil
divine boon

healing breeze
3 dmg spells

ur mirror will use all of the maintained enchantments leaving it with no energy to use heals like breeze. life attunment wil also cut ur mirrors dmg.

kukuman
21-05-2005, 22:32
Monk

Scourge Healing
Bane Signet
Banish
Balthazar's Aura
Heal Area
fill the rest up with self-heal skills

Cast Scourge Healing on the mirror. Pound the hell out of him. He will likely try to heal himself, eventually he will start to use Heal Area. Get up next to him so you can take advantage of the free heals. Also, if he casts Scourge Healing on you, when you get healed from Heal Area the mirror gets twice the Scourge Healing damage against him.

Nefaru Firestorm
22-05-2005, 03:12
Necro/Elem (Works for any Elem combo)

Animate Bone Minions
Animate Bone Horror
Animate Bone Fiend
Well of blood
Firestorm
Meteor Storm
Glyph of Lesser Energy
Ressurection signet

All skills but 3 require someone to be dead, and thus useless in this match. As soon as the match begins, cast Meteor Storm on your mirror. This will keep knocking it down. It will most likely get firestorm off- no biggee. Walk out of Firestorm range and cast it yourself.

The mirror will be dead in about 12 seconds.

Kaziurra
22-05-2005, 03:15
This is my warrior build that i beat him with.

Skills:

1. Frenzy
2. Hundred Blades
(Yes, thats all)

Explanation: This is a very simple but easy to play build. Just wait until he casts Frenzy and then pummel him with Hundred Blades or any quick melee attack that adds extra damage. He basically kills himself.

Glorfendill
22-05-2005, 06:05
Rangers 2nd version.

Once again this works with ranger in either secondary or primary Except I can see Warriors having a slightly tougher time due to the mirrors increased skill with both axe and bow weapons. Load up on every Nature ritual you have along with Penetrating shot, powershot, point blank shot. all three are not required so if you have more than 5 nature rituals take those over the attack skills. Put max/near max ranks in Marksmanship, and Expertise (if you are ranger primary, caster primaries should have adequate energy for expertise not to be required) once the battle begins close to melee range and proceed to attack using your skills as often as you can. the Mirror goes straight for every nature ritual in his arsenal.. IF you don't kill him before he even begins attacking you will kill him soon there after... I defeated him in 16 seconds and I got hit once with this setup.

Fighting him at melee range gives you the benefit of facing his axe which will deal far less damage than the bow unless you are a warrior as well. 95% of the time this is a mute point anyway, but if you are lacking a high dmg bow, or don't have enough nature rituals the dmg output of his axe will still leave you at an extreme advantage. Warrior secondarys should use this same strategy even though the mirror will hit just as well with the axe because it still keeps him from being able to use the attack skills. Warrior primarys should probably stick with warrior based strategies as the low energy supply really will hinder your dmg output.

superflyfly
22-05-2005, 11:03
ranger/mo

penetrating shot (quick recharge)

natures renewal
predatory season
favorable winds
that one that makes signet cost more
quickening something or other
and 2 more i cant remember

basically fill it up with 7 nature rituals, mostly ones that will benefit you in some way

even if it benefits him, he will be too busy casting all 7 of them, and i killed him before he even finished casting the last one

also, put all your attributes at 0 so that rituals die fast and he recasts them
just put your expertise and marksmanship up as high as you can after you get in, so you can poound him hard and for a cheap cost

Adrmalck
22-05-2005, 22:01
Warrior:

Use an axe.

lol, seriously.

Your mirror will still use a sword, and therefore will not be able to use adrenal skills.

My mirror hit me once with power attack... healed about 2-3 times with the signet, and got me to.. well, about 3/5 health... and I didn't heal once. I annihlated him.

So yeah, use an axe.

Also, have frenzy on, but don't necessarily use it, and for great justice. When they begin their frenzying, hit for great justice; your skills will charge super fast, and if you have a correct build for your character, you can be using a skill (be it either energy or adrenal powered) for every attack against your mirror.

mrscarywasp
23-05-2005, 00:00
Warrior/Necromancer

Using fiery sword (14-20 custmised) and grim cesta (+10 energy)
Strength 10
Swordsmanship 10 (+1 from helm)
Curses 10

Skills:
Blood Ritual - He sacrifices hp
Defile Flesh - He sacrifices hp
Blood of the Master - He sacrifices hp
Malaise - You lose energy, he loses hp
Chillblains - You take cold damage (not much, around 30), he becomes poisoned
Awaken the Blood - He sacrifices 50% more hp, but will gain some hp when skill ends (about 90)
Parasitic Bond - Target loses hp, and you regain hp when it ends (about 90hp)

The mirror self was dead in about 52 seconds (so close to the bonus!!!) and probably killed himself more than I did.

I had about 75% hp when he died.

Hntar Undreno
23-05-2005, 08:25
anyone got one for a N/Mo?? I beat him but won with only 16 health left..

what i did was use demonic flesh (elite.. you sacrifice 20% health and gain 180 max hp or somethin like that for 52 seconds) and then wait about 10 seconds to let my health regen to full before entering the battle, then i had vamp gaze, along with 6 useless curse spells (with my curses skill being of course at 0). While he cast the curse spells (and demonic flesh, which of course only hurt him since he was never able to take advantage of the fact that he had a higher max hp total) i attacked with 11-20 dmg staff and spammed vamp gaze as often as possible. However even with this strategy I just barely won, so I was wondering if anyone had a better strat for the N/Mo. I tried using reversal of fortune however he ended up using it better than I did, lol, and also tried pacifism, however the 2 attacks he got off while I was casting pacifism negated the initiative that I had by casting a spell on him at the end of pacifism. And I didnt think any healing spells would be smart to use for the obvious reasons..

Skeptic
23-05-2005, 22:13
A friend used Healing breeze and the rest capture signet on his monk, I assmume this or something similiar would work for virtually any build. It's a lame tactic but it got the job done after he had alot of death fests, and just wanted to get it over with and move on.

Necro Idol
23-05-2005, 23:49
Nec/Mo:

Healing Breeze
Defile Flesh
Blood of the Master
Chilblains
Dark Pact
(all others blank)

Target him with your most powerful distance weapon. Concentrate on keeping your Healing Breeze active and blasting him with your staff from a distance. He'll cast all the other health sacrificing spells and will eventually drop down enough for your staff to take him out.

MasterNightfall
24-05-2005, 00:05
Elementalist/Anything, or Anything/elementalist

Stock up on spells, and use Maelstrom.

Game over for the mirror.

TheGreatDivorce
24-05-2005, 01:21
Mirror was disappointing, after hearing all the troubles that my friends and even some of you guys are having I thought I'd have a harsh time in there.

With my Monk, this was the easiest thing I have ever done. I my life didn't even go down 25%. All I did was rush up to it and used Balthazars Aura, Symbol of Wrath, Bane Signet, Smite and Banish. It was dead in 10 seconds.

SKiN
24-05-2005, 14:49
After about 4 tries with varying skills I tried just using a max damage axe with no skills equipped, beat it first time no worries :)

Respectdadragon
24-05-2005, 16:48
Mo/Me

Hated this stupid mirrow, was taking way to much damage of with that bow of his

Lv 12 Domination

Empathy

Distortion

Cast empathy and run side to side with distortion on, beat him with full health first go with this strat, dont equip any other skills

Magical Influence (MGIN)

magicalinfluence.guildwizard.com

Diceclock
24-05-2005, 17:05
If you just walk in with Backfire and 1 buff, could you just cast backfire on him, and wait for him to kill himself buffing?

Widget
24-05-2005, 20:53
ranger/mes (you can be ranger/whatever for this one)

-distracting shot
-troll unguent
-however many bow attacks you want

get in close and attack however you want. if he tries to use troll unguent, use distracting shot to disable it. if you need to heal, troll unguent

Cyric Soulbane
24-05-2005, 21:34
W/N
-----

I killed my mirror in 9 seconds flat. I stacked up a few health sacrificing necro skills (blood ritual, dark fury, defile flesh, etc), frenzy so he'd take double damage, and sprint. He used all the health sacrificing skills, sprinted over to me, used frenzy, and I hit him twice with my sword. It ended after 9 seconds and I had no less than 90% health. I was quite astonished how quick and easy it was after hearing everyone complain about how hard it was!

MenerekeVerbaal
25-05-2005, 05:22
Ranger/Elementalist

Equipped:

Fire Wand 11-21
Flame Artifact +11

Skillz:

Fire Storm
Quickening Sephyr
Meteor (not Meteor Rain)
Flare

How to:

Get up close (melee distance)
Cast Firestorm
Cast Quickening Sephyr
Cast Meteor
Cast Flare(s)

grtz..

J.

Linada
26-05-2005, 00:15
N/Me strategy.
cast empathy, price of failure, insidious parasite and keep them up. No other skills equipped.
The mirror will either miss you and loose health or hit you and loose helath and gain you health :)

hakkafusion
29-05-2005, 15:33
N/Ranger Alternate

For those of you that speeded through the game, like me, without much spells... here's a alternative.

Penetrating Attack
Read the Wind
Point Blank Shot
Distracting Shot
Troll Unguent
Quickening Zephyr
Favourable Winds
Defile Flesh

--> As soon as battle starts, move into melee range, Mirror cast the two Rituals, use Read the Wind, Penetrating Attack. By now, Mirror should cast Troll Unguent, if so, use distracting shot, if not, use point blank shot. Make sure you have 5 energy for distracting shot when mirror cast Troll Unguent. Mirror will attack with axe, should not do more than 30 damage compared to that 50 or 60 with bow. Mirror should now use Defile Flesh, maks it even easier. Use Penetrating Attack and take him/her down. You should have at least 1/5 health left when mirror dies. No need to cast Troll Unguent, waste of I bow attack time.

Hope this help, if not, let me know.. =) Took me 9 tries to figure this out, but once i figured it out, 2 tries and done =)

Webba
29-05-2005, 16:22
Ranger/Warrior
Sword skill at 11, expertise at 10, wilderness survival 6

Gash
Final Thrust
A variety of interesting and largely useless natural rituals except possibly winnowing (which is usefull and you should take).

Stratergy is to let him cast rituals while you run at him screaming and beat him to death before hes finished with all 6 natural rituals. Complicated, I know. :)
I beat him in under 50sec for the bonus and without losing 50hp using this combination. A good sword will help though mine was nothing special when I did this.

Sephy
29-05-2005, 20:41
Mesmer/Monk

BEFORE going into battle, cast 2 or 3 monk enchantments on yourself (NOT mending). Your mirror will cast one or more of them too at the beginning of the battle, but this will cost some precious time.

Dont equip any healing spells, but nuke your mirror. Cast Chaos storm to start off with, your mirror wont move out of the way. As soon as your mirror casts Chaos storm on you, move out of the way. This will give you a nice advantage (yay for bad AI). Finish him off with all other damage dealing skills you have.

Dont worry about energy regeneration (you will have 0 or 1 pip after casting the 3 enchantments), you wont need it if you nuke him.

Spirit of Sephiroth
30-05-2005, 01:33
W/Mo Kill in 20 seconds or less build =p

10 Healing prayers
10 Swordsmanship
10 Strenth

For Great Justice
Galrath Slash
Pure Strike
Final Thrust
Healing Breeze (I didnt need it... but just in case =D)
Frenzy (Let your mirror use this, and wail on him whil he casts the next spell)
Aura of Divinty (Or whatever it's called, Monk enchants last 10%+ longer while you mantain this enchantment)

Empty out last slot, or bring another junk enchant, preferably with a Loooong cast time

Use For Great Justice while he frenzies, and rush in while he casts and use pure strike for some nice damage. Follow that up with Galrath if he lasts long enough, and then finish him witrh final thrust next time he frenzies.

I beat him with 9:43 on the clock with this setup

See you In Droknar's and Dragon's Lair!

FowerFighter
30-05-2005, 07:28
elem/mesmer,

Blinding Flash +empathy,
Leave rest blank

He won't hit a thing and keeps killing himself, Self just don't attack

Mr Dead Wish
30-05-2005, 09:04
Warrior/Necromancer

Using fiery sword (14-20 custmised) and grim cesta (+10 energy)
Strength 10
Swordsmanship 10 (+1 from helm)
Curses 10

Skills:
Blood Ritual - He sacrifices hp
Defile Flesh - He sacrifices hp
Blood of the Master - He sacrifices hp
Malaise - You lose energy, he loses hp
Chillblains - You take cold damage (not much, around 30), he becomes poisoned
Awaken the Blood - He sacrifices 50% more hp, but will gain some hp when skill ends (about 90)
Parasitic Bond - Target loses hp, and you regain hp when it ends (about 90hp)

The mirror self was dead in about 52 seconds (so close to the bonus!!!) and probably killed himself more than I did.

I had about 75% hp when he died.

N/Mo: Defile Flesh, Dark Pact, Healing Breeze, Deadly Swarm.

Only cast Healing Breeze then only Deadly Swarm, we will cast the others and basicly kill himself :surprise:

Will try again soon without the healing for bonus let you now if that works :rolleyes:

Ragnarok-
03-06-2005, 04:20
W/N

i've tried this several times to make sure it works:

redo your stats so that str and swordsmanship are maxed

i had 4 skills eq'd: Frenzy, Sever Artery, Gash, and Pure Strike

he/she comes out with a bow at beginning so I ran up there used frenzy got my adrenaline and used Sever Artery&gash. Beat it in like 8 seconds flat.

psychotron
03-06-2005, 12:23
mo/w

skills used
frenzy, balthazar's aura, dismember, axe twist, penetrating blow, executioner's strike, healing breeze, life attunement.

realized quick that the mirror uses a sword close up, so why give him any skills for that? had an axe and thought that'll work.

fight started i casted balthazar's aura as soon as next to it, and attacked. by the time i was able to use the first axe skill, the fight was over.

11 healing/9 smiting/10 axe.

got it on my 4th try.

mater sparkicks
03-06-2005, 14:24
elementist/monk. flare fire storm meteor storm fireball meteor inferno aura of restoration and resurect.
20 to fire 13 to energy storage. killled him in 7 seconds. used meteor storm on him he used fire storm on me . i dodged he didnt fight over

Mr Dead Wish
03-06-2005, 15:03
the rules:

post only builds you HAVE defeated the mirror with, and please, post builds where you did not have to REALLY struggle to do it.

suggestions may be general, but I would like more specific builds

please limit the questions (if you need help, just search the thread for the build you want)

keep OT to a minimum

EXPLAIN THE STRATEGY BEHIND YOUR BUILD!!!!!! only listing skills sometimes isnt enough.

have at ye!

Necro/Monk (high: Dead Magic, Healing Prayers).

Retribution, Dark Pact, Defile the flesh, Deadly Swarm, Healing Breeze.

Cast Retribution before getting in, Healing Breeze, Deadly Swarm as often as possible, I beat the mirror in about 40 secs. the other two will cost him 10% or 20% live :rolleyes: .

Cacophony
03-06-2005, 21:40
My character being Eva Ostara, an E/Mo, I used the following:

Well, since I'm an Air + Water Ele, I already had an Air attribute of 10 (same with Water).

Skills:
Blinding Flash
All "Element" Attunement Spells
Rest were blank

I brought a decent 11-22 Air damage staff and this is what I did. I brought the Attunement Spells to let my Mirror self waste time casting them on herself, while she was doing that, I cast Blinding Flash. Since she was Blinded and was a far enough distance away from me to have attacked me long range, she pretty much missed me every single time. All I did was stand there and regularly attack her with my staff while spamming Blinding Flash whenever it was about to wear off on her.

I beat her very easily with 441 of 505 health left.

bl1nded
03-06-2005, 22:53
R/Me

skills used: penetrating shot, all other skills were either nature rituals or pet skills

since your mirror self doesnt take a pet, all of those spells are useless, nature rituals take him a long time to cast, if you get in really close to your mirror self, he will attempt to use an axe on you with 0 axe points, therefore dealing around 10 dmg per go, whereas you can spam penetrating shot

dixalex
04-06-2005, 00:18

Skills:

1. Frenzy
2. Hundred Blades
(Yes, thats all)

Explanation: This is a very simple but easy to play build. Just wait until he casts Frenzy and then pummel him with Hundred Blades or any quick melee attack that adds extra damage. He basically kills himself.

Im sorry, but to my understanding a Warrior is not able to get Hundred Blades until late in the game. Maybe im mistaken. Basically you dont get any really good moves until your almost complete with the game. Or atleast not any elites. Im a W/me and defeated my mirror in 4 tries. Just equip skills that you know it wont utilize properly and you won. I have yet to get an elite and I have ascended.

Stormshadow
04-06-2005, 01:12
I have Ascended on 4 different character builds. In every case I beat my mirror on the first attempt in 30 secs or less - except the Necro/Monk, but that was only because I didn't fully think out the plan the first time in.

Mesmer/Necromancer
Elementalist/Ranger
Ranger/Warrior
Necromancer/Monk

here are the basic rules I followed:

1) take no heals - anything I have the mirror has too
2) max out only the attributes you plan to use - set the rest to 0 unless you have no skills that use that attribute equipped
3) take 2-3 skills to use myself
4) the remaining skill slots fill with high energy, long cast time, sacrifice, or (in the case of Monks) those that take away energy regen. Any buffs should be of minimal benefit and preferably have 0 in the related attribute.
5) when possible, for casters choose area of effect skills that can be easily sidestepped over high spike damage or targetted attacks. You cast it, the mirror does too ... you step out of the AoE, but it doesn't

If you follow the 5 simple guidelines above, you should come out on top.

I'm sure you can see from the variety of posts that there are many different ways to go about beating the mirror even with the same profession combinations. As far as specifics for each, I think handing someone that information will just create more players at higher level that can't think for themselves - and there's already too many.

Gali Had
04-06-2005, 02:15
I can't wait til i get to do this fight now.

If you go into the fight without any armour on, does you mirror have any armour? If so does doing this and then quickly equipping your armur give you any advantage over them?

WarriorOFfaith
04-06-2005, 19:13
Ok, i believe someone said in the begining for warrior hundred blades and frenzy. I think that would work, but is stupid being as you get hundred blades after you beat your mirror. For my warrior i brought frenzy. Thats all it takes. When he used it i was hitting him for over a 100 damage a shot. I took him down in 8 seconds. Its so easy to do, thats all you need.

SpineyNorman
04-06-2005, 20:18
elem/mesmer,

Blinding Flash +empathy,
Leave rest blank

I went in with my E/Me just to see what it was like, I almost killed the mirror. I readjusted my attributes and went in and killed in what I think was under 10s
Skills:
Lightning Strike, Whirlwind, Blurred Vision, Chain Lightning, Lightning Orb, Aura of Restoration, Backfire, Res Signet (this is my standard exploring set except for backfire slot wich changes quite a bit)
Sequence of events:
Aura of Restoration before you enter
Lead with Backfire
Lightning Strike
Lightning Orb (1/2s before done casting, had backfire on me)
Stop casting and attack with weapon; 1 or 2 hits and mirror is dead.

RandomBum
05-06-2005, 00:12
Mo/N.

Skills:
Healing Breeze
Any necro blood magic spells that sacrifice health.

Thats it. When you start, use healing breeze ony uorself, and star wanding him to death. The mirror seems to dislike using healing breeze, and all he's left with is the necro skills. He keeps sacrificing health, but cant heal. Eventually, you'll kill him. Keep reusing healing breeze when necessary. Might take a while with a crappy wand, but it works.

Gali Had
05-06-2005, 01:22
Well I just ascended.

When everyone was talking about a mirror, i thought that it would at least look like me...

Im an air elementalist and killed him on my 3rd go by spamming with gale, shock and whirwind alternatly to knock him down with lightning strike inbetween

deathmf
05-06-2005, 11:20
Any Warrior
Swordsmanship: 12
Tactics or Strength: 12 (I guess it doesn't HAVE to be that high)

1. Galrath Slash
2. Final Thrust
3. Pure Strike
4. Savage Slash
5 .Seeking Blade
6. [Tactics] Deadly Riposte
6. [Strength] Dolyak Signet
7. [Tactics] Riposte
7. [Strength] Power Attack
8. [Tactics] Thrill of Victory
8. [Strength] Warrior's Cunning

Strategy:
Use all your skills. Warrior's Cunning is helpful if your mirror evades or keeps blocking your attacks. Thrill of Victory is good when he has less HP. Just use the damage dealing skills and it should be over fast. The mirror doesn't use the skills very fast (as in one after the other), so you should be dealing more damage then it is. I killed my mirror in 9 seconds. Good Luck.

deathmf
05-06-2005, 11:24
Warrior seems to have the easiest time with the mirror.

Another tactic is to have some attack spell or something with a long cast time (aside from if your a mesmer primary) that won't hurt you badly if your mirror gets it off. Your mirror might us it and while it's casting you can beat the crap out of it.

Elfshade
05-06-2005, 12:54
Warrior/Fire Elemental Level 20

Sword 9, Tactics 8, Strength 8, Fire Magic 11 (using minor runes of each warrior type). 510 life using minor vigor. Using fiery dragon sword armor +4, 15-22 dmg, armor 16 shield. Armor a mix of 80 +20 phys. parts, with 71 parts and some 60 parts I believe.

Took all my skills with me cause I just wanted to do a first test and thought I die, then make a sane skill choice. It was a piece of cake.

First I used fire storm, expecting him to stay right there once I go melee. Worked like a charm. Then Conjure Flame for extra damage, and shield stance (14 seconds 75% chance to evade). Then I bashed him with the sword. After a few seconds he was down 60%, and healed. I used that to use Healing Signet (for 100 points) twice myself while bashing him. Then I used the bleeding combo (Gash and Artery Strike or whatever its called) to finish him. I had about 80% health left (down to 40% at some point) and no problems at all.

Other skills I had equiped but didn't even use was final strike and resurrection signet (I would have used final strike but the wimpy mirror went down before I could even load it up on adrenaline).

Cheers,
Elfshade

The Norse
05-06-2005, 13:00
yea, i killed the mirror in like 2 hits, did sweet dmg on it, i was level 20 tho..

anyways, i have a mate who beat the mirror when he was level 4, yepp...
his idea, my struggle, lol, we grouped up and i ran him from ascalon to augry rock, took me like 1 and a half days, he beat his mirror with empathy, while he dodged arrows like mad, his build was ele/me. not sure bout what skillz he had on him at the time, but it was like 3 or 4 skills so he didnt use anything but empathy. It took him an hour or so to kill it. :lol:

treon
06-06-2005, 00:35
Mo/Ele healing prayers 16
fire magic 10

I took 4 enchantments.. (but i dont think mirror used any of them)
I also took fire storm and healing breeze

I cast breeze before going in then used fire storm on him and he used fire storm on me

i just moved out of the way
then he used his bow which i dodged till my health was back up then repeat

easy!

jediman
06-06-2005, 05:05
hammer w/mo

healing:9
strength:9(1 is items)
hammer:12

19-35 hammer, chainmail everything for armor.

flurry
mighty blow
irrisistable blow
hamer bash
for great justice!
griffons sweep
healing breeze
mending

tips: use mending right away and then charge him with flurry, get him knocked down with hammer bash and use any damage skill on him, just try to keep him down. if he uses breese then hammer bash him (i think that interupts it), i got it in 38 seconds.

black claw
06-06-2005, 17:35
Could you guys post what type of weapon (damage mainly) you were using too? I've got a 11-21 Truncheon (I'm an N/Mo), but it only does 2-4 damage to my mirror. :confused:

For what it's worth, I've seen a lot of skillsets that include health sacrifice. My abilities are all crammed into Cursing (that's the last time I let someone else play my char) so it hasn't quite worked for me, but my mirror knocks himself down to about 150 health before blasting me with -101 dam bow-shots. O.o

black claw
06-06-2005, 20:48
Crosspost from the <link removed>.

Well, I just ascended, and it was a pain. It took me at least 30 tries. I have no idea how many times Dev tried with my character.

N/Mo20

Soul Reaping: 13
Curses: 10
Healing: 2

-Death Pact
-Shadow Strike
-Bane Signet
-Healing Breeze
-4 more spells which require blood sacrifice

Note: My abilities were seriously screwed up, and I was out of refund points, so I was stuck with half of my points stuck in a useless ability, and the other half stuck in an ability I never use.

I went in, immediately casted Death Pact and Shadow Strike in sequence, followed by Bane Signet, Death Pact Again, and Healing Breeze. After that, I casted whatever damaging spell that was charged up charged up. I think I ended up casting Death Pact 4 times, Shadow Strike 2 times, and Bane Signet 1 time. That takes him down about 1/3 health, but he kills himself by casting all of the blood sacrifice spells.

Thervold
06-06-2005, 22:45
Any elementalist prime or secondary:
Load up AoE spells such as firestorm, eruption, maelstorm, or meteor shower. The mirror will not move out of the damaging area, but you can. Easy win on the first try with my Mo/E.

rrumaner
06-06-2005, 22:47
I used Frenzy immediately, hit it with a Shocking Long Sword of Enchanting (Lightning Dmg 15-22 ) and then Sever Artery and Gash. He went down before I was able to hit the key for Life Siphon. It was over so fast I didn't have time to look at the counter.

Eve
07-06-2005, 00:25
I was apprehensive about the mirror, and I breezed thru it in seconds with my Ranger. I followed the forum suggestions.

AAATed
07-06-2005, 11:39
MONK/WARRIOR:
divine boon (spam this), bonetti's defense, retribution

Epametheus
07-06-2005, 23:15
Doesn't look like anyone has mentioned this..

The Mirror has a 12 in any attribute that you've invested any points in. Got 3 Strength? It has 12. Got 4 Divine Favor? It has 12. It helps a lot to reduce any passive attributes that you only keep a few points in down to 0. Any points you're getting from runes don't count for purposes of calculating its attributes. However, it's also capped at 12 -- if you have a 13+ in something, then you're outright better than it is in that category.

-----------
My W/mo (after runes)

L13 Swordsmanship, L9 Healing Prayers, L9 Protection Prayers, L1 Strength

Additional items of note: Rune of Minor Vigor, Rune of Minor Absorption, a 15-22 customized wingblade of enchanting, and a +12 energy Healing Anhk (32 energy total)

Sever Artery
Gash
Galrath Slash
Hundred Blades (I was able to get it when Gorgaan Hatemonger still had it; replace with Seeking Blade, Pure Strike, Wild Blow, or For Great Justice. I don't recommend using Wild Blow is that's your substitute)
Healing Breeze
Shielding Hands
Final Thrust
Frenzy

Strat: Frenzy is just there to screw over the mirror. Drop Healing Breeze and Shielding Hands after it uses Sever Artery, since Gash and Galrath will soon be coming down the line. The mirror is dumb, so it'll use Final Thrust as soon as it has enough adrenaline, rather than waiting until you're badly hurt. Just beat the crap out of it; I was actually rather surprised at how swiftly my mirror died (15-16 seconds or so). You should win at 70% health or so.

----------
My Mo/E (after runes)

13 Smiting, L10 Healing Prayers (could've dropped it to a 0, but didn't deem it necessary), L9 Earth Magic, L1 Divine Favor

Additional items of note: Rune of Minor Vigor, Hale Smiting Staff of Enchanting (40 energy total)

Scourge Healing
Banish
Symbol of Wrath
Balthazar's Aura
Ward against Melee
Grasping Earth
Heal Party
Balthazar's Spirit

Strat: Use Balth's Spirit before you begin the battle; it should help you out a little in the regen department. Grasping Earth is there to give the mirror something to waste time with, and Heal Party is also there solely for the mirror's use.

When the fight starts, drop Scourge Healing on it, and then run right up to it and drop Ward Against Melee, Symbol of Wrath, and Balthazar's Aura in whatever order you wish. It should switch to the Chaos Axe, running afoul of Ward against Melee. Cast Banish when you have the MP for it. Now you just start hitting it. When its HP drops down far enough (with Smiting 13, Symbol + Aura should do over 300 damage to it over 10 or so seconds), it'll start casting Heal Party. Since you dropped Scourge Healing on it, it will lose more HP than it gains. Since Heal Party has no cooldown, the mirror will then immediately cast it again. It will keep this up until it dies. The fight should take around 20-25 seconds, and you should have about 50%-60% of your HP left when it dies.

deathly summoner
09-06-2005, 14:51
w/mo

runes ~~> minor axe mastery, minor vigor which i found didnt not buy from vendor.

~dismember
~penetrating blow(i believe thats what its called)
~executioner strike
~cyclone axe
~healing signet
~the skill that gives more life(only used it this one time)usually rebirth is here
~healing breeze
~mending ~ personally this was the most important skill!

casted mending right off the bat. this works well when hes not hitting you so i almost had above 2/3hp the whole time. i'd get him down to next to nothin then he'd cast healing signet. thats the only healin skill he used. i was surprized he didnt use healing breeze. used dismember to knock down his health and then in a random order i used executioner strike and pentration blow. this was sucessful, took me about 1:30, or so. got it done first try :happy65: .

Garth Taal
12-06-2005, 06:39
Finally! After many, many attempts, I defeated my mirror - barely. How?

Lvl 20 N/Me
Death Magic: 10
Blood Magic: 11

I brought only self sacrificing spells.

1. Chilblains
2. Malaise
3. Dark Pact
4. Blood Ritual
5. Defile Flesh
6. Enfeebling Blood
7. Signet of Agnoy
8. Animate Bone Fiend

As soon as I landed in the room, I started attacking with my staff.

CAST NO SPELLS!!!

Just have to slug it out. The "Mirror" hits with the bow, but then starts casting. Meanwhile, I'm just plugging away with my staff. It ended up with with both of us at zero health. We both died at the same time. But the game kicked off the cinematic for Ascencion! I made it! :clap: :happy14: :clap:

BlueBudgerigar
13-06-2005, 05:35

Lvl 20 N/Me

1. Chilblains
2. Malaise
3. Dark Pact
4. Blood Ritual
5. Defile Flesh
6. Enfeebling Blood
7. Signet of Agnoy
8. Animate Bone Fiend

CAST NO SPELLS!!!

Just have to slug it out. The "Mirror" hits with the bow, but then starts casting. Meanwhile, I'm just plugging away with my staff. It ended up with with both of us at zero health. We both died at the same time. But the game kicked off the cinematic for Ascencion! I made it! :clap: :happy14: :clap:

after much sweat, I hit on the formula (and thx to many who have helped with advice):

I used 16 blood magic (had a superior rune)
10 fire magic
2 curses

Spells:

Defile flesh
Dark pact
Blood of the master
Glyph
Bone fiends
Rez signet
Blood ritual
Meteor shower

I hit him with Meteor shower immediately, dodged to the left, threw dark pact and defile flesh...then some dark pacts which finished him off...

The KEY for me was METEOR SHOWER...NOT METEOR...I didn't realize there were 2 different spells!

:happy65:

L I
13-06-2005, 06:57
i have no idea how your pyromancers did it with AoE spells, but being a E/Mo was not that bad. i took off ALL my spells. keyword ALL. except flare. my mirror happened to have a cane and was dealing very weak dmg...so i just flared the life out of him. convenience? luck? yea i think so too. :happy34:

Arienrhode
13-06-2005, 20:04
I beat my monk mirror with four skills @ lvl 19 and crappy gear:

Reversal of Fourtune (main spell)
Healing Breeze
Banish (main spell)
Symbol of Wrath

It is very important that you DO NOT move, make him use his bow. If he whips the axe out you're done. Basically you just spam reversals to recharge your health (use a breeze if things get really bad, but the mirror doesnt use them). Make sure you take a low dmg wand or staff down too so his continual reversals basically mean nothing, banish will be the main dmg dealer and time them after your weapon hits so he doesn't reverse them. It takes awile but it works with low lvl and bad gear.

SpineyNorman
14-06-2005, 23:18
W/Me
Brought my skillset from the previous mission (Elona):
Sever Artery
Power Attack
Healing Signet
Watch Yourself
Chaos Storm
Backfire
Blackout
Ressurection Signet
Stats:
Domination: 9
Strength: 9
Swordsmanship: 11
Tactics: 11

I led with Backfire, though it did absolutely no good as the mirror didn't cast any of the spells I had equipped. After a bit, I realized that neither of us was making much progress--we spent most of the time between 50% and 100% health.
Solution: Chaos Storm, followed by Blackout. Immediately after Blackout ended, Mirror used Healing Signet; I used the opportunity (was ready) to Power Attack, followed up with Sever Artery, another Power Attack on the next Healing Signet use, a few more swipes, and done. First try, probably nowhere near the bonus, but done.

Inida
16-06-2005, 06:25
How to beat as a low level monk with 2 skills:
Take only retribution and reversal of fortune, and keep smiting and protection about even with no points anywhere else. As soon as it starts, cast retribution and then reversal. Make sure to melee with your wand/staff to keep his reversal off, so retribution hurts. He should do enough damage to keep your life up and his should drop fairly quickly.

boxterduke
16-06-2005, 14:54
Beat the mirror yesterday the 2nd time around. The first time I was looking as the scene and was not prepared.

Me/Mo lvl 20, took 7 seconds I think

Backfire
Empathy
Chaos Storm

I just cast each one once and he was dead.

EternalTempest
17-06-2005, 16:39
I was able to beat my mirror in under a minute.

My character build: I'm trying the official strategy guide E/Me combo.
I have lvl 51 crafted pyro armor with all seeing eye.
I have Fire @ 12 / Energy @ 11(+1).

I have:

Arcane Echo, Aura of Restoration, Fire Attunement, Glyph of Energy
Flare, Fire Rain, Phoenix, Meteor Shower

My normal strategy is to have Aura of Restoration / Fire Attunement on.
If the monsters our grouped or non-moving boss
--> Arcane Echo -> Meteor Shower/Fire Storm --> Glyph of Energy --> the "Copied" Meteor Shower/Fire Storm -> then the what ever was not copied Meteor Shower/ Fire Storm. Constant Flare Stream with fire storm on standby by if there slightly mobile.

My Mirror on the other hand was using similar but less efficient strategy. It use one enhancement and was then trying to keep hitting me with Fire Storm / Meteor Shower then Flare (guessing she was low on mp).

My greatness weakness if they Move out of the AOE range.

Waited for the 2nd heavy damage aoe took effect, moved out of the AOE area after it was targeted blasting with Flare the entire time with Aura of Restoration / Fire Attunement. I think I got one firestorm off on her on the very begging. The Mirror was still trying to hit me with the AOE spells mostly.

Demonpack
17-06-2005, 23:07
this is the exact build u need to beat the mirrior for N/E... i have 16 death and 12 fire also have 5 soulreaping.
deathly swarm
vile touch
animate bone fiend - not used
verata's sacrifice -not used
fire storm
glyph of lesser energy - not needed
fireball - not used

every time the match starts the mirror will either immediatly use fire storm or glyph then fire storm. u just cast it right back at him and run out of the storm then cast deathly swarm and vile touch and deathyl swarm again and vile touch.. he will die in around 20 seconds with you at half health. my build beats him in exactly 20 seconds without variation.

Rancid Hate
19-06-2005, 04:27
what i did with my ranger/ele was used ms and fs and when u first get in the battle the doppleganger will use ms and jsut jump out of it. then wait for him to use firestorm then jump otu again and get into melee range and shoot him while using ur aoes. should take him out within the next 10-15 seconds heh

Malar Zen
21-06-2005, 22:06
Mo/E

Best time 14 secs, longest 18secs.

I went all offensive as I couldn't seem to heal as fast as he could, took about 6 tries to get it and finally had him in less then 15secs, I have gone back 3 more times to make sure it wasn't just a fluke and all times he has been toast. Believe me the longer this battle goes on the less chance you have of winning, be quick about it.

Skills used in the order I used them;

Fire Storm
Meteor Shower
Run in next to him
Symbol of Wraith
Inferno
Bane Signet
Banish -> if required, only needed this one time

I didn't need to heal at all, his initial Fire Storm hit me twice as I was casting Meteor Shower, then I ran in, the rest is history. :happy34:

SerratedAngel
23-06-2005, 11:28
I'm a W/Mo and I killed the Doppelganger first time around.

I fought it like I fought everything else in this game. Using Gladiator armour for extra energy, and a healing ankh for health and energy, I used the following skills:

Mending (always on)
Healing Breeze (Doppelganger doesn't use this, for some reason...maybe too high energy cost? = Unfair advantage in healing)
Banish
Symbol of Wrath
Bonetti's Defence (Used by doppelganger, but then uses skills straight after, so...unfair advantage)
Executioner's strike

I also had two useless skills.

Nice and easy does it....about 3mins

Elfshade
23-06-2005, 22:41
Lvl 19 Fire max with minor rune, markmanship maxed (not even needed).

Fire Storm
Meteor Shower
Dodge
Storm Chaser
everything else blank

It seems he casts Storm chaser although he remains stationary (as long as you don't come close, so don't), and Dodge only helps againt arrows.

Opened with Tab-1 (Fire Storm) by mistake. Then ran out of his own fire storm, he cast a dump speed spell, hit him with Meteor Storm. I was rather demolished myself (down to 20% or so) but he went down, and this build worked the first time I tried.

Lady Alkimiyia
24-06-2005, 13:55
mesmer

backfire
wastrel's worry
shatter delusions
empathy

everything else leave blank.

start off with backfire then empathy, then dodge ur mirrors arrows until you can shatter del ur empathy.

Actually, I am a pure mesmer and used this formula which required no dodging...

Cap out Fast casting & Domination @13, everything else set to zero.

The spells I equipped, in order...

Arcane echo
Backfire
Empathy
wastrel's worry
Shatter delusions
energy sig

What I actually used...

Cast once for Arcane Echo
cast once for Backfire
cast once for Empathy
Cast Arcane Echo again(aka Backfire)

It was over so friggin fast I didn't have time to blink!!!

botrytis
24-06-2005, 17:26
Here is my build when I beat my doppleganger: Fast Cast 10, Illusion 9, Domination 11, Inspiration 9, Axe 6, Tactics 4. I am using Enchanters armor with one Superior rune of illusion and the rest minor runes (including one for life). I am using a Defensive Jeweled Staff of Fortitude (which really looks great - like a double-headed snake staff).

Here is what I used Backfire, Empathy, Shatter Hex, Wastrels Worry - I had them set up in this order too. Basically I used in this order - Backfire, Shatter Hex, Wastrels, Empathy, Shatter Hex, Wastrels and Wastrels again. All in all it was about 20-25 seconds - I had 50% life at the end and got a regular +9 Healing Anhk from my doppleganger at the end!! :happy65: :clap:

This took 4 tries - not too bad. It looks like the doppleganger uses the skills in order and this really killed it.

Dave

odinravenblood
24-06-2005, 17:36
Fire ele, very simple really.
Only take meteor shower and fire storm.
At the beggining move out the way of his rains, they take awhille to recharge.
Just cast meteor shower on the doppelganger. Then whilst they are in the meteor shower rain down fire on them. Simple reallly :D
EDIT: this took only 2 trys-did it on my second try. It took about 30-40 seconds. I did it in under 50 seconds but i have no idea what mny bonus reward was

xXAmorphisXx
25-06-2005, 03:04
Had a really hard time doing it as a Mo/R even following the directions given up here earlier, so I tried something a little different.

Skills (in this order, if it makes a difference)
Favorable Winds
Quickening Zephyr
Healing Spring
Winnowing
Kindel Arrows
Apply Poison
Pin Down
Concussion Shot

I put all my points in Marksmanship and wilderness survival

Right before the cin use apply poision. Then skip the cin and immediatly hit him with some poision. Move up close and use kindle arrows. By the time he's finished getting through all the nature rights he'll have half his life and try to use healing spring, which you'll interupt with just a regular attack. He'll switch to axe if you're up close and all the kills benefits he cast earlier won't help him in the least. I think he landed two hits on me before I killed him. Never used pin down or concussion shot.

Hope it helps anyone else that was having problems.

Mgzkun
25-06-2005, 11:06
Beat the mirror yesterday the 2nd time around. The first time I was looking as the scene and was not prepared.

Me/Mo lvl 20, took 7 seconds I think

Backfire
Empathy
Chaos Storm

I just cast each one once and he was dead.

similar set up..without backfire of course -_-..that spell is PURE evil -_-

Mo/Me 19 after 4-5 tries.. The match was so CLOSE, barely survive with 1-2 HP i think. I was so pissed off that I took amost all of his HP and think I would have to try again..but and then bang, a beautiful screen appeared :D, 50k XP xD ..

Empathy
Chaos Storm
Revesal of Fotune(to heal your self)
+ some useless enchant and -1 energy degen stuff

Quickly press Tab and cast chaos storm, moving around cuz he'll use chaos storm too, then emphathy. Move in melee range so he''ll use the axe cuz the bow hurt... rinse and repeat.. If HP go low u can use RoF and remember to wack him with your wand...

Chaotica
27-06-2005, 16:48
Monk/Elementalist

Weapons:
- Max Damage Staff (11-22 Fire Damage)

Spells:
- Healing Breeze
- any combo of 7 completely useless enchantments that work on removing conditions or resurrecting people.

1. Cast Healing Breeze whenever you need to heal in between striking at your foe with your weapon (even against the ranged bow, I whooped her butt).

2. Cast your 'useless' enchantments at your leisure.

It may get down very close in health (so watch that health bar and don't forget Healing Breeze - the Mirror Self doesn't use it at all), but you'll come out on top. This was my first attempt and a successful one, even though I still consider myself a complete newb. :happy34:

rpgdutchie
28-06-2005, 07:43
hi

first of all it seems that your doppelganger uses a weapon, mine used an axe.

I used a pure hydromancer to defeat my alter self, and i did it within 50 sec so i got 50.000 xp ( used hydromancer because its the best 1: 1 build ( my opinion )

build :
used no elite, and still missing 30 attribute points
13 on water ( minor rune )
12 on energy

skills: armor of mist, blurred vision, maelstrom, ice spikes, ice spear, water attument, aura of restoration, forgot to take out resurection signet

the fight:
first aura of restauration, and water attunement
she attacked with an axe so i casted blurred vision her attacking was 1/2 as good.
she wanted to cast, so i used maelstrom interrupting her casting.
killed her with ice spikes just pounding away, not very much damage but you can cast it again and again.

think could be even faster, but the fight started before i was ready.

this is my experience hope it helps somebody. :happy14:

Hurin66
28-06-2005, 08:10
Just Remember this take advantage of skills that require the user to respond:

For example you can move out of AoE, your mirror cant, If you use a hex that is triggered by an action you can avoid it, your mirror cant (empathy, backfire, scourage healing, price of failure, insidious parasite and much much more).

Also remember that the mirror has maxed attributes for everything so take skills from just one and max it as high as you can. (along with primary attribute).

Also fill your bar with uselessly dumb skills: Nature Rituals that have no effect but will waste 5 seconds if the mirrow casts them, skills that are simply bad and useless etc.

A little bit of thinking and a couple attempts and u should have ur own strategy to own the mirror in under 50 seconds. :happy34:

Findariel
28-06-2005, 12:50
TIPS
Warrior: probably the easiest to beat mirror with. As long as you are a sword or hammer wielder, just use them and the corresponding skills and you kill the mirror in about 10 secs first try. Mirror is MADE for warriors. Piece of cake.

Axe users may have to (temporary) switch to one of the other weapons.

Well my W/R had an absurdly easy time, while the mirror was casting all the nature rituals I was happily slashing and gashing away, leaving me victorious at 85% health within 10 secs. :happy59:

N/Me: As any posts here indicate, that's very tough!! I managed in 10 tries, by mere luck. No tactic I tried worked:
- I equiped some attack skills and some blood sacrifice skills but the mirrior only uses the attack skills and then starts shooting with her bow/axe (which deals more dmg than my max dmg truncheon), using a skill very now and then. She NEVER uses the sacrifice skills like she does the nature rituals.
- Empathy? Mirror also use it against you.
- Price of failure and then run around? Doesn't deal that much damage. And she hit me still more often than she missed, so in the end I turned out losing more life than the mirror. :rolleyes:

walkerx
29-06-2005, 20:28
Necro/Ranger

Order of Pain
Awaken the Blood
Enfeebling Blood
Defile Flesh

Just ran round the outer ring and didn't use my skills or fire a shot, but he killed himself

Arcane S
02-07-2005, 05:45
E/Me - Max Fire Attribute

Equipment
Max Dmg Fire Staff
60 AL Robes/Leggins
51 AL everything else.

In Order
Physical Resistance
Firestorm
Conjure Flame

Do not use physical resistance, it's only meant to increase the damage the mirror takes and buy you enough time to avoid his/her Firestorm. Cast Firestorm and immediately charge the mirror. Cast Conjure Flame and attack. Should be dead within 15-20 seconds. It may come close. I had 60hp but you should do better if you have a full 60AL armor set.

TheDreamer
05-07-2005, 04:52
I was apprehensive about the mirror, and I breezed thru it in seconds with my Ranger. I followed the forum suggestions.

could you please let me know exactly how this worked? I am having problems winning at the mirror test.

dhcalva
06-07-2005, 13:53
For a Warrior/Elem it was an easy fight.

All I took was Frenzy and Iron Mist

At the beginning of the fight he cast iron mist on me and wailed at me ineffectually for the next 5 seconds while I killed him. Total time: 7 Seconds.

For those that don't know, Iron Mist slows your foe down 90% (so I was walking really slowly, but he ran to me so it's all good) and in exchange they can only take damage from Air (i.e. Shocking). So all his attacks did 0 damage while all mine were full power. :)

Смерть
06-07-2005, 20:34
I am a N/W and just beat my mirrior image yesterday. I went into it with a bunch of life-draining and other hexes. Unfortunantly (for a complete victorious ending on my part) I died, but the hexes continued on the doppelganger until it died with the countdown still clicking until I returned to the city. So victory was bittersweet for me. :p

The build I used:

Life Siphon
Faintheartedness
Insidious Parisite
Parasitic Bond
Suffering
Mark of Pain
Plague Touch
Defile Flesh

(All maxed out skills)

I casted these as fast as I could and let the health dengeneration do its job.

~CMEPTb

TheDreamer
07-07-2005, 02:10
could you please let me know exactly how this worked? I am having problems winning at the mirror test.

I used 5 skills for my pet, the distracting shot & power shot(I think), got up close to avoid that white bow that kills you in 3-4 shots & it took only about 3-4 hits before she exploded. Thank you anyway for all the great input! :happy34:

nuetina
07-07-2005, 04:09
Ranger:
I did it on my first try with a couple major dmg shots like power shot, then the rest were silly skills like quickening zypher (which takes forever to cast) and some pet skills. Just walled on her with my major dmg shots, then ran up so she whipped out her sword (or whatever it was), then a couple more dmg shots and she was dead and I still had half my hps.

Entame
07-07-2005, 05:11
Ranger

Time to beat mirror: 9 seconds flat
I equipt my nature rituals, he trys to cast them at the very start. I used apply poison and then used damage bow attacks (power shot, determined shot, precision shot) and he went down in 9 seconds flat.

battletrax
07-07-2005, 05:52
I did it at level 19 as a w/mo. I'd forgotten to change my skills, so I had a lot of useless stuff. I basically had healing breeze and nothing else useful. Took me almost no time to kill the mirror b/c it never used healing breeze. I'm not sure if I was just lucky, but this is a very easy way to win :)

psychotron
07-07-2005, 10:31
TIPS
Warrior: probably the easiest to beat mirror with. As long as you are a sword or hammer wielder, just use them and the corresponding skills and you kill the mirror in about 10 secs first try. Mirror is MADE for warriors. Piece of cake.

Axe users may have to (temporary) switch to one of the other weapons.

Well my W/R had an absurdly easy time, while the mirror was casting all the nature rituals I was happily slashing and gashing away, leaving me victorious at 85% health within 10 secs. :happy59:

N/Me: As any posts here indicate, that's very tough!! I managed in 10 tries, by mere luck. No tactic I tried worked:
- I equiped some attack skills and some blood sacrifice skills but the mirrior only uses the attack skills and then starts shooting with her bow/axe (which deals more dmg than my max dmg truncheon), using a skill very now and then. She NEVER uses the sacrifice skills like she does the nature rituals.
- Empathy? Mirror also use it against you.
- Price of failure and then run around? Doesn't deal that much damage. And she hit me still more often than she missed, so in the end I turned out losing more life than the mirror. :rolleyes:

beat mine with my nec/mes in my first try... it was much easier than i thought it'd be. went with backfire, empathy, and all the sac spells i had. mirror (of course) casted the empathy and backfire on me, but i got a backfire off. it killed itself. this was on july 3rd so i'm not sure if they changed anything. now to go armed with what i read here and beat my ele/mo's

samarium
07-07-2005, 17:07
I haven't done it yet, but I plan to do it tonight. I put some thought into my build beforehand. Hopefully by writing it down I can work the kinks out of it and if someone knows my strategy won't work, then that's even better :D

-Sam

EDIT: Drat. I won't have Price of Failure until Drok's Forge. What an oversight! XD

Recalculation time!

I guess I'm going with Defile Flesh/Dark Pact/Healing Breeze/Deathly Swarm, maybe with Insidious Parasite thrown on in case he decides to attack me.

Sounds pretty simple.

I wish all the really good abilities weren't past this point, but that would make this fight a piece of cake I s'pose ;)

samarium
07-07-2005, 19:50
That worked pretty well!

In the heat of combat I forgot to use Healing Breeze, so that didn't help me, but I still managed to tie the fight with that bugger on my first round. I hit Deathly Swarm, he kills me, then my Swarm hits - victory!

But my GOD. I had an 11 (after runes) in Death magic, cool, my Swarm hits for ~67 damage. He pulls out a Deathly Swarm, and.... 131 damage!? Holy crap! He must have a 25 or so in Death! XD

Oh, yeah, watching my wife (R/Me) try this fight, I learned something: Rangers, your pets don't come with you. It's really one-on-one.

-Sam

Scary Person
08-07-2005, 20:34
For killing the mirror its pretty hard for Elemenalists.
Especially for air and earth. (if you are those types of eles)
I'd say that equip 1 skill for earth, it would be stone daggers and for air, it would be lightning orb. Well, for water and fire. Who uses water magic in the first place? And for fire magic bring flare.

Wandalf
09-07-2005, 21:58
Mo/Me
12 on healing, 12 on divine favor and 0 on smiting

Balthazar's Aura
Symbol of Wrath
Divine Boon
(that's it)

Before you step on the final stone, cast divine boon on yourself
run up to the Doppelganger and start using the 2 Smiter skills. I used a 10-20 Firedmg Staff to aid the killing process. Use Divine Boon if you need healing.
It was all over in about 20 seconds (on my first try) :D

I don't take credit for this setup or tactic, my sincerest thanks go to a guy named "... The Chosen" (forgot the name man, sorry about that ;) ).
If you're the one that helped out a Monk with IGN Dalfo Curativo, let me know, so I can edit this post to give you full credit for this setup.

BLooDBLaDE
10-07-2005, 11:59
Hi Guys

Im Mo/E Lvl20

I think i just found out an easiest way for monk to deafet his mirror,2nd class doesnt even metter.
I tried some varius tactics and since i had a low dmg rod i decided to let the mirror to dmg himself.
Before mirror i was pure healing monk (healing max rest to divine favor)
So i put my divine to 0 and lowered healing just enough so i can get smiting to max.
I took 3 spells
Holy wrath
Retribution
Holy Freeze

So before the battle starts just cast those 2 enchants and just let him dmg u while you are healing with heeling breeze.U just have to use on spell in battle,easy;)
He will killl himself in less of 15 seconds

Shinshi
12-07-2005, 10:02
warrior/monk

sprint while activating the teleporter
run up to mirror self
use frenzy
use any damaging skill available

4th try and I had him.

Dont take healing and take skills that take a long time to use.

topher
12-07-2005, 23:04

Lvl 20 N/Me

1. Chilblains
2. Malaise
3. Dark Pact
4. Blood Ritual
5. Defile Flesh
6. Enfeebling Blood
7. Signet of Agnoy
8. Animate Bone Fiend

CAST NO SPELLS!!!

I am a n/mo and did roughly the same thing as you, although i was gettin worked (probably took me 10-15 tries) until i decided to run away from doppelgranger(whatever it is) and run up the ramp and hide... he didn't follow me outright and possibly glitched or something, cuz he wasn't shooting me either... beat it in just over 50 secs i think

Kalis Pax
13-07-2005, 00:25
Thanks to the wonderful suggestions on this board, my R/W has reached the dizzying heights of ascension. She's all cocky now - think I'll take her for a run to Droknar's Forge :)

KyoUmerio
13-07-2005, 09:53
I'd say that equip 1 skill for earth, it would be stone daggers and for air, it would be lightning orb. Well, for water and fire. Who uses water magic in the first place? And for fire magic bring flare.

actually its really not that hard for Ele's regaurdless of their type. basically what you wanna do is find your own weakness and exploit it, for example, i knew mine was close range. so he cast fire storm, i cast meteor shower on him. followed by running to him casting phoenix (which hits all enemies surrounding you and then the trageted enemy) and then Inferno thats all i did and it was over. not sure if that helps any but i hope it did

Norhaxu
13-07-2005, 12:57

I don't know about other Elems, but my Pyromancer did it quite swiftly: the 2nd try (the first try i was busy taking screenshots :p) i used: Fire Storm, Incendiary Bounds, Meteor, Fireball and then Imolate (though i don't really know if the last one hit him). I only had these in my skill bar and a few useless attunements to keep him busy(all except fire). I had +15 fire then.
It was easy. Just keep running around the jerk :)

Lord Fraginator
15-07-2005, 18:01
W/Me

14 Swordsmanship
10 Strength
10 Tactic

Weapon
Fiery Long Sword
15-22
Damage +14% enchanted
Health +25

Skills used

Frenzy :happy34:

Mirror Death = 9 seconds :surprise:

KillahBee
17-07-2005, 08:45
n/me

1 defile flesh
2 backfire

if this isnt self explanetory enough then fine

cast backfire on him let him cast defile flesh ....wee :eek:

roguebanshee
18-07-2005, 02:36
Mo/R:

Zealot's Fire
Divine Boon
Divine Spirit
5 Nature Rituals

Cast ZF before you activate the cutscene, skip it, run up to mirror, cast DS, spam Boon.

First try, 15-20 seconds.

Tears of Dragon
18-07-2005, 06:50
Hello everyone,

You should not equip any skills at all. I know it sounds crazy, but try and you will see. As soon as your character will attack first, you cannot loose. You and your mirror self have the same damage so if you start dealing it you will surely win.
The only skill I had with me was Healing Breeze. I won in few seconds.

If anyone has more questions you may look for me online. My characters are
1. Ranger/monk Loon lei lvl20
2. Warrior/monk Meaya Dragonslayer lvl20
3. Elementalist/monk Gu Long lvl7
4. Monk/elementalist Dream of The Moon lvl8

Good luck to you all.
:happy14:

Justiceblade
18-07-2005, 08:01
Raise domination as high as possible. Take all hexes that don't activate with spell casting and shatter hex.

Now just STAND NEXT TO HIM and SHATTER HEXES OFF REPEATEDLY. DON'T CAST ANY HEXES ON HIM. Kills him easily, especially if you use on attack trigger hexes that damage him as he'll attack when he can't cast.

Good hexes are Empathy, Cluminess (just don't attack with your weapon).
Ethereal Burden, Imagined Burden, Fragilty, Spirit of Failure.

Easy victory within seconds. Remember Mesmers have the most damaging shatter hexing and one of the fastest. My mesmers won in 2-3 shatter hexes.

Justiceblade
18-07-2005, 08:07
Sorry, forgot to mention. Tho it is true that empathy and cluminess can speed the process you will also now give him the chance to shatter hex and damage you if u stay near. I've always prefered to not cast ANYTHING on him and just Shatter Hex right next to him. Easy, one-sided victory.

Raise domination as high as possible. Take all hexes that don't activate with spell casting and shatter hex.

Now just STAND NEXT TO HIM and SHATTER HEXES OFF REPEATEDLY. DON'T CAST ANY HEXES ON HIM. Kills him easily, especially if you use on attack trigger hexes that damage him as he'll attack when he can't cast.

Good hexes are Empathy, Cluminess (just don't attack with your weapon).
Ethereal Burden, Imagined Burden, Fragilty, Spirit of Failure.

Easy victory within seconds. Remember Mesmers have the most damaging shatter hexing and one of the fastest. My mesmers won in 2-3 shatter hexes.

humpff
18-07-2005, 12:04
Elementalist,

Eruption, Fire Storm. Meteor Shower, and some fireball stuff cast fire storm first, mirror will cast it aslo, walk out his fire storm and cast eruption or meteor shower, he's dead then. Do NOT bring any heal spells, he should be dead in around 20-30 seconds

Justiceblade
18-07-2005, 13:24
put alot of enchantments that would not be helpful and no direct attack spells, but do bring the AOE Balthazar's Aura + Symbol of Wrath.
If you don't bring any attack spells aside from these then he will just cast enchantments on himself and attack you with his weapon.

Can bring Essence Bond to regain energy on physical damage (hit him with a elemental/non-physical weapon preferably so it's one way) and Balthazar's Spirit (this will not be one way however).

Now just cast your Essence Bond/Balthazar's Spirit before going in.
Once in attack him with your elemental weapon and spam your AOE spells next to him. When you Bonetti's Defense charges up use it and keep attacking but don't use any skills until both smites are ready then spam and repeat.

Relatively easy win.

Demon Dip
19-07-2005, 18:40
THIS WAS THE EASIEST IN GAME THING I DID! FIRST TRY.....WITH ELE/MO

Here's what i did.....
Equipped all elemental attunements. (fire/air/water/earth)
No healing skills at ALL!
Only enabled one damage skill.....flare!
Enable a couple of space takers like res and sig cap.

I hit fire attune and then got off first shot with flare. Repeat flare till he dies. NO PROBLEM! DON'T FORGET HE IS UR MIRROR any damage spells/skills u enable he will use against u. Good Luck! :thumbsup:

Mari
19-07-2005, 21:57
I'm a Level 20 Warrior/Elementalist and beat my doppleganger in 15 seconds. All I equipped was Frenzy and my Fire Dragon Sword of Fortitude with Shadow Shield. Heck, it was so easy I'm doing it again :p

Brisbane
20-07-2005, 06:00
Mesmer

Empathy
Distortion

Cast empathy then distortion, don't attack back (have high domination).

deosil
20-07-2005, 15:10
Monk/Mesmer:

Retribution, Zealot's Fire, Empathy. Other skills should be the ones with the longest casting time, affecting enemies that attack (like Pacifism, Spirit Shackles and Empathy itself). You can rearrange your attrib points if you are a healer, you will get 50k xp anyway.

First cast Empathy on him, then Zealot's Fire on yourself. Run up to him and cast Retribution over and over until he dies. He will spend about half the time casting his useless stuff on you, but will cast Retribution only once, since it is maintained, so you won't get damaged by Zealot's.

Warrior/Necro:

No weapon skills, only sacrifice. Just go and beat on him with base attack.

~Kazama Fury~
21-07-2005, 04:20
This is for anything Necro, I beat the doppleganger at level 16 on the first try and within the 50 second time span.

Only attributes in Curses.

Go up in melee range.

Price of Failure (it melee's, misses 1/4 of the time and pays the consequences)
Suffering (drain each other's life)
Death Nova (takes time to cast)
Defile Flesh (nobody is healing, it sacs life and wastes time)
Order of the Vampire (sacs quite a bit of life every 5 seconds, also minimal gain since its blood is at 1)
Dark Pact (since you have no points in blood, itll do minimal damage compared to how much it sacrifices)

Can try with Malaise, Blood of Master (not sure if it works) or Blood Renewal

If Ranger secondary, pad the rest with spirits.
If Mesmer, backfire, spirit of failure
If Monk, reversal of fortune, life attunement
If Elementalist, pad it with some elemental attunements
If Warrior, assuming if you have no points in tactics puts the doppleganger's tactics at 1, you can try equipping healing sig, though I don't recommend it. The necro skills above will be sufficient.

Lord Maidrin
22-07-2005, 17:09
All you need monks, to beat ur mirror are the folowing:

Healing breeze
Balthazar's sprit
Zealots fire

as soon as u get in there, cast balthazar's spirit, then cast healing breeze on you. After you have dun that go close to the mirror. This makes him pull out his sword which duz less dmg then his bow. This is the perfect opportunity to use zealots fire. Its as easy as that.

main thing u wanna do is keep casting healing breeze and if it runs out, zealots fire. Do this whole process until the mirror is no more. (zealots fire last for........ i forgot how many seconds but i think 20 or sumthin like that, it is also quie easy to bea the mirror under 50 seconds) :happy65:

Eugene Bi
24-07-2005, 09:59
Necro:

1 attribute point in blood - (forgot to take off gloves with minor rune :)) and full skillbar of health sacrificing spells - Dark Pact, etc. - anything that say sacrifice x% of health, etc. At this attribute level they do more harm to the caster than to target. After he started casting he was almost dead right away. Coup de Grace with my truncheon finished the battle.

1SG Bowie
26-07-2005, 02:15
Monk/Ranger = Pure Healing Monk (Just a few leftover points placed to help Storm-Chaser get me to someplace quickly if needed.)

Every so often I tend to get a little strange about things. My Mirror Self brought this out in me after my first dismal attempt failed. As a pure healing Monk I realized I would need to make some changes before I killed my Mirror Self. I ended up making 83 trial runs to find out what seemed as if it would work best. (For some strange reason, I donít remember being able to use an axe or bow as well as my Mirror Self; strange.)

I tried different combinations of skills out in an attempt to find those that would work best. I never could get my Mirror Self to use 4 auras at once, thereby depriving himself of energy regeneration. Another thing I learned was he will spam any healing spell he can and, it appears as if he has more energy than I do. I also attempted to use Scourge Healing but, it did not appear to have as great of an effect on him as it did on me.

I also had a smaller energy pool than many people and, the small energy pool limited any tactics of spamming spells. Energy of 38 total for this test.

I had a full complement of Attribute Refund Points to work with but, I would not need them all. I stripped points equally from Divine Favor and Healing Prayers in order to bring my Smiting Skills up to 13 with the +1 Tattoo I was using. After you gain the vast amount of experience from killing your Mirror you will have plenty of Attribute Refund Points to return to being a Healer.

On round 84 I was only intending it to be another test but, I accidentally ended up killing him. To tell the truth; despite making so many repeated tests, I did not expect to kill him so easily.

(Skill Line-Up)
Balthazarís Aura
Holy Strike
Smite
Banish
Bane Signet
Winnowing
Winter
Favorable Winds

(1) I Hit C and Space Keys as soon as I begin to appear. (My computer lags a bit and, this gets a strike or two in while he finishes casting Favorable Winds and I finish lagging.)
(2) Holy Strike (I get a good chance to hit him as he is casting Winter.)
(3) Activate Balthazarís Aura now that I am in close.
(4) Hesitate a bit to use Smite and it allows him to be attacking when me when I hit him with Smite; giving him that extra damage.
(5) No need to hesitate with Bane Signet because of the casting time there is a good chance to catch him attempting an attack.
(6) Holy Strike again allowing him to receive the extra damage because he is knocked down.
(7) Smite again. (His life was at a sliver by this time and it was overkill.)

I was in part lucky because my timing allowed me to add extra damage from a few of the skills. I was attempting to fight him without running out of energy and, cast as few spells as possible. I took only 2 hits in this match; one from his bow while I was lagging when I loaded and, the other from his axe. I have also found that without something for him to cast while I lag into the game he gets several hits in. He sometimes uses an axe and, it does more damage than his sword.

My time was 27 seconds but, part of that time was spent on lag and, waiting for him to take extra damage from my spells.

Side Note: I also attempted to se if the order I activated the Glyph Stones would have any effect on him but, they did not appear too. I did however find that you could enter by activating just 2 of them. Activating the last stone and then the middle stone will let you in. The first Glyph Stone seems to auto activate when you do it out of order.

DOA
26-07-2005, 22:22
Since everyone seems to be posting thier ways of passing, here is mine:

Lvl 20 N/E
I beat the doppleganger at level 20 on the first try and within the 50 second time span.

Attributes:
Blood Magic = 11
Soul Reaping = 5
Fire Magic = 12
Nothing in everything else.

Weapon equipped:
Truncheon (Dark DMG: 10-20)
Idol (Energy +12)

Armor:
Devlish Scar Pattern (Armor 60, Soul Reaping +1)
Necrotic Tunic (Armor 70, Energy +5, Reduces protection from holy damage)
Necrotic Gloves (Armor 70, Energy +5, Reduces protection from holy damage)
Necrotic Leggings (Armor 70, Reduces protection from holy damage, Energy recovering +1)
Necrotic Boots (Armor 70, Reduces protection from holy damage, Energy recovering +1)

Equipped Skills: (in exact order). -not clear whether or not order matters
Conjure Flame
Earth Attunement
Conjure Frost
Water Attunement
Fire Attunement
Glyph of Lesser Energy
Fire Storm
Maelstrom

1: As soon as the cinematic ends or you select "skip", get ready to IMMEDTIATELY press "c", "8".
(8 = Maelstrom)
2: Look for any AoE being launched. If clear, press "6"- wait for it to cast, then "7".
3: Use "Q" or "E" to IMMEDIATELY get out of AoE if being launched.
4: While you are waiting for "7" (Fire storm) to re-cycle, just use your weapon.
5: Maelstrom should be ready to launch again, launch "8".
6: Then launch "7" (Fire storm).

DO NOT run up to him, stay your distance.

I tried many other posts here and this is what worked for me. The KEY is to get out of his AoE.

-DOA
CyberGameZone.com

bloozmahn
26-07-2005, 22:46
am i the only one that thinks most of you people are completely full of crap?

20 seconds???

i've tried most of these strategies, and either ANET has changed this quest our you guys are smokin crack.

my elementalist "mirror" ( i use the term loosely) hits me for SIXTY damage with a chaos axe. Exactly how is this my "double"????

Everyone in game acts the same way.. OMFG!!!@21!!!11 you're such a noob. Then they give me a "strategy" that works nothing like what they say.
the mirror hits twice as hard, takes 1/2 the damage and can melee like a lvl 30 boss warrior. what gives?

?
:confuse:

roguebanshee
26-07-2005, 23:19

20 seconds???

i've tried most of these strategies, and either ANET has changed this quest our you guys are smokin crack.

my elementalist "mirror" ( i use the term loosely) hits me for SIXTY damage with a chaos axe. Exactly how is this my "double"????

Everyone in game acts the same way.. OMFG!!!@21!!!11 you're such a noob. Then they give me a "strategy" that works nothing like what they say.
the mirror hits twice as hard, takes 1/2 the damage and can melee like a lvl 30 boss warrior. what gives?
1) How good is your armor?

2) Are you trying to wand it with a non max dam weapon?

3) How fast are your reflexes?

20 seconds is very doable with the right selection of skills and, in some cases, weapons & armor.

Benefits the Mirror/Doppleganger has:
a) Max stats for everything.
b) Max damage weapons too.
c) The best armor available.
d) It doesn't have any loading time or reflex based problems.

Problems it has to overcome:
a) It has to rely on whatever skills you select.
b) It can't use every skill in an intelligent way and it's not too good at combo moves.
c) It won't try to dodge location AoEs (Fire Storm, Meteor Shower, Maelstrom and such).
d) It thinks that some skills are beneficial to it regardless of whatever else you have equipped (such as Ranger spirits).
e) Some skills will always be activated before others (like Fire Storm before Meteor Shower).

Try to look at some of the suggestions posted and understand why they work.

Ravenstorm Moonsong
27-07-2005, 22:01
elemental/monk
meteor shower
flare
this is what i used as soon as the storyline was over and i target. once you cast meteor shower, its over. by the time i casted my second or third flare, it was dead.
ravenstorm moonsong (post)
storm silvermoon (pre sear)

ifixphns
28-07-2005, 06:22
RANGER, ANY SECONDARY

Well since mirror only goes to his axe at melee distance, load yourself up with the following:

Hunter's Shot
Penatrating Attack
Power Shot
Savage Shot
Called Shot
Point Blank Shot
Well, all your heavy hitting Bow Attacks.

Close to bad breath distance and flail away. Sure to snag the less than 50sec. bonus.

FireballX
28-07-2005, 09:42
For my W/R build, I took:

Sprint
Frenzy
Power Attack
5 Random spirits

When I rushed in, it was busy casting a spirit. I hit it once, it casted Frenzy. Spammed Power Attack and it died in 3 hits.

Fun stuff.

Fenric
28-07-2005, 13:49
R/W, filled up on spirits after hearing the mirror will cast each one in turn, then two or three melee skills. He didn't even get to fight back.

One thought I had.. what if you loaded some spare armor with useless major runes, lowering your health to something really silly.. BUT then not wear it. Would your mirror continue to wear it and then become a real easy target? Might be handy for some warrior builds that are difficult to fight.

roguebanshee
28-07-2005, 16:01
One thought I had.. what if you loaded some spare armor with useless major runes, lowering your health to something really silly.. BUT then not wear it. Would your mirror continue to wear it and then become a real easy target? Might be handy for some warrior builds that are difficult to fight.
The Mirror/Doppleganger only clones your skills, not your attributes or equipment.

FireballX
28-07-2005, 23:13
The Mirror/Doppleganger only clones your skills, not your attributes or equipment.

I believe attributes are all maxed out, equipment is maxarmor, also.

Ravenstorm Moonsong
29-07-2005, 16:14
if your of an elementalist type cast meteor shower right away. hope that helps.
ravenstorm moonsong post
storm silvermoon pre sear

IBeJebus
29-07-2005, 17:21
I believe attributes are all maxed out, equipment is maxarmor, also.

You are correct. The Doppleganger is maxed on everything.

sophistry
30-07-2005, 03:18

Skills:

1. Frenzy
2. Hundred Blades
(Yes, thats all)

and you got hundred blades b4 undead rurik how?

xxxRAVYNxxx
31-07-2005, 21:57
this is so easy, done it in like 10 seconds, take 2 skills, echo and Meteor shower (nuthin else), w8 unto he casts meteor ( u will b hit by bow also ) move, and cast echo then meteor, target him twice, and say nite nite to him. u may use echo with any big dam spells, should work, as long as u let him cast first. and keep circeling him.

CosteŮo
01-08-2005, 01:36
As long as you're a mesmer primary/secondary Empathy all the way :happy34: but unless u have fair amount of points in Domination just lie back

Wandalf
01-08-2005, 14:21
and you got hundred blades b4 undead rurik how?

Kaziurra's post was made before the final release of GW. (22-05-2005)
His/her setup was one from the BWE's, when Hundred Blades was not yet an elite. ;)

GoTh
01-08-2005, 23:39
I don't see why people have so much trouble beating their mirror. I didn't even know what it was I was fighting the first time I went through the game with my ranger. I started attacking it, realized I couldn't win, went back and got distracting shot, then beat it in like 30 seconds.

kamotu
02-08-2005, 05:31
If you're a mes/x or a x/mes, bring backfire, hex breaker and spells. before you enter the fight throw on hex breaker, throw backfire on him, and dance

wind
02-08-2005, 06:01
This is about the most effortless Ranger method.

3 skills

Distracting shot
Apply Poison
Dust trap

Prep Apply poison just before entering, skip cinematic, hit him with one shot, dust trap ... he should try and disrupt that which is good. ;)

Now you have your distracting shot ready if he decides to apply poison, don't use it if he decides to put down a dust trap.

You'll beat him quick and get the bonus.

You could even make this a fair fight and don't prep poison before you go in.

All you need to do is wait to see wether he'll use Dust Trap or Apply Poison.

He does Apply poison, you do Distracting.
He does Dust trap, you do Apply poison.

Either way you'll be able to get the jump on him and have Apply poison first, which is what will kills fast.

20 seconds???

?
:confuse:

From all the times I've done this with ranged builds, the double only attacks with an axe if you somehow fudge up on your movement.

I'd just target him a Maelstrom as quick as possible. You should be able to move sideways with the 'q' or 'e' keys if he gets one off somehow too. Doesn't matter if you're not a Water Elementalist, all you really want is the disrupting nature of that spell.

In other words you'll have a few seconds where any more of his attempts to cast spells will be disrupted. You on the other hand have side stepped and can freely pound him with all you got.

That should get you the bonus too.

Psychotic
04-08-2005, 07:42
Mo/W:
I killed him in a couple seconds... 10 max.

Skills: Frenzy, Sprint, 6 sword skills(i had 3 adrenal, 3 energy).

sprint to get close as fast as possible use the energy-using skills, then the adrenal. actually i think i killed him before i got to use them all.

E/Me:
Killed this one really fast too(bout 15 seconds):
Skills: Illusion of Weakness (already had it on me, he casts it and it ends up not really mattering...), Backfire(cast him on this AS SOON AS THE BATTLE STARTS), empathy, conjure phantasm, shatter dillusions, aura of restoration, and flare.
basically, i backfired him(before he used illusion of weakness) so his life was at like 30-40% 1 second into the fight. then i empathy, and conjure phantasm while dodging arrows, and shattered dilllusions FTW.

wizowoz
04-08-2005, 19:33
Monk
Your hero screen can be setup any way you want. Remove all spells with the exception of Healing Breeze. You can keep your regular equipment. Just stay back and let your character shoot him long range while popping Healing Breeze whenever it is about to run out. That is all there is to it, very easy.

Rampageoh
05-08-2005, 00:29
Ele/Mo

Normally I play a Water/Healer but for the mirror I switched to Fire. I filled all the Monk slots with Reaurrection type spells with long casting times. Then I took along Armor of Frost, Firestorm, Meteor Shower and Lava Fount (I think).

I walked in and hit Armor of Frost and then Firestorm. The mirror hit me with a Meteor Shower right away which knocked me down but I got up and moved out of the way. I then tried to keep moving. Unfortunately I got too close and aggroed it so it came after me melee. I just stopped and cast Meteor Shower right when the Doppie cast Armor of Frost.........toast! Elapsed time 12 sec.

Lexa
05-08-2005, 05:11
Mo/Me

Empathy, Distortion, Aegis - Leave the rest blank.

As soon as it started I cast Empathy then Distortion and then Aegis and just kept casting and did it under the 50seconds. :winking47

It took me about 10 trys before i got the right combination.

Good luck. :)

UchihaMaeda
05-08-2005, 06:05
I was a Mo/Me when I ascended.

I went pure Monk, all smite with Healing Breeze.

Banish
Bane Signet
Smite
Holy Strike
Zealots Fire
Symbol of Wrath
Balth Aura
Healing Breeze

The AI doesn't seem to use Breeze. Put on ZF before the cinematic and skip it. You're nearly right next to him.

Get RIGHT next to him. Balth Aura and Breeze. You get ZF bonuses for both. Smite. Bane Signet + Holy Strike. Banish. He's dead.

I swear, it couldn't have taken 8 seconds. The only thing with a cast time is Bane Signet.

It was just a straight-up, knock-down, flawless victory that it had to be a joke.

Septhiroth the Newb
06-08-2005, 06:24
yeah, so i didnt both to read the entire thread, im sure some1 said something close to this before... ... so this is what i did,

Ele/Monk
skills:
Firestorm
Lava Front (?name)
Inferno
all "element" Atunements

when battle first started mirror casted some spells, the atunements, while i fired of firestorm, which immediatly after he casted. this is easy, just step out of area. I then charge at him and cast inferno and lava. two AOE skills that destoryed him before he had a chance to fire off anything. :) beat him in under 50 sec w/ first try with this built. didnt use any mo skills. fire maxed out.

Sadow
06-08-2005, 17:13
For the enterprising Necromancer/Warriors out there:

-Enfeebling Blood
-Blood Renewal
-Defile Flesh
-Frenzy
-Vampiric Gaze
-Vampiric Touch
-Strip Enchantment (Simply if you need a quick heal mid-battle.)

The strategy: Wait until your mirror uses Enfeebling Blood, Blood Renewal, and Defile Flesh. Then, get close and wait until the Frenzy graphics appear. Immediately hit Vampiric Touch and then Vampiric Gaze right after. Since Frenzy is on, this should do well over 200 damage with 12 Blood, which should effectively kill it in its weakened state.

Subarunyon
07-08-2005, 12:21
N/R

OMG I really laughed at how easy it was ^^;;;

Power shot
Penetrating Attack
Apply Poison
Favorable Winds

Other nature rituals (I brought Winnowing and I put Quickening Zephyr at the last spot, I wonder if that matters tho)

Set marksmanship at full, use apply poison before cinematic and skip it. Cast Favorable winds, then just spam skills and after that just attack him till he dies ^^;;

I did get closer to him but I think that wasnt necessary.

I wonder if anyone managed to bet mirror with pure necro skills. My friend said he and mirror spammed health absorp skills but it doesnt work for me X_x;

Cane
07-08-2005, 13:23
If you really don't care about the bonus. Get a max damage weapon and no skills at all. Now voila it's a 50/50 match :D

Wandalf
07-08-2005, 13:43
If you really don't care about the bonus. Get a max damage weapon and no skills at all. Now voila it's a 50/50 match :D
This might work as a Warrior or Ranger, but when you're a Necromancer, Elementalist, Monk or Mesmer, your technique could be very, very boring. ;)

Cane
08-08-2005, 18:04
as long as it works. :D

Monk Realist
08-08-2005, 18:47
I brought crappy armour (no that is not a skill), a smithing rod, 12 healing prayers, 8 fire magic, a smithing rod a protective icon and just 2 skills.

meteor shower
healing breeze

Thats all, takes about 1 minute.

ZirePhoenix
09-08-2005, 11:27
Mo/x

Zealot's Fire + Stances (5 energy) and anything else that doesn't work by itself but triggers zealot's fire. If your dopple uses Frenzy, then even better.

Using Divine Boon as healing will prevent your dopple from healing, since he's not that smart.

TySJI
10-08-2005, 06:05
I had a bit of a tough time beating him as an almost pure healing monk. Now, if you keep a bar half full of healing spells, then he'll become a ranger with excellent healing and you'll have a heck of a time beating him.

I emptied my skill bar, then put in Healing Breeze and Divine Boon. Mirror, for whatever reason, cannot use Healing Breeze (though I heard if you use DoT spells he then can.) With no healing spells, Divine Boon is useless to him.

Thus a pure healer can put on Divine Boon, use Healing Breeze as necessary, and kill him.. eventually.. with you staff.

shackler
10-08-2005, 22:33
N/Mo (14 DM, 11 Curses, 7 SR, 0 BM)

Skills:

Price of Failure
Blood of the Master
Barbed Signet
Blood Renewal
Dark Pact
Order of Pain
Signet if Agony

Target Doppelganger, cast Price of Failure on him, and run in circles around him
Took me about 11 seconds for him to kill himself :lol:

Septhiroth the Newb
11-08-2005, 06:39
this is all but a little bit rediclous..
you say, have a max damage weapon....but i do not have the means to get one, nor even know what 1 is like,
you list all these skills that you get after ascencion, that is if you play the game in the correct order and do not rush.
so the problem is that i do not have these max dmg or even half the skills you say to use.
thanks for the help.
btw ive been playing for about 3 weeks.
i am a N/R, pure necro i've never even played a ranger so that cant help me.

roguebanshee
11-08-2005, 13:30
this is all but a little bit rediclous..
you say, have a max damage weapon....but i do not have the means to get one, nor even know what 1 is like,
Look around in the desert, some of the collectors there offer max damage weapons others offer max AL armor.

you list all these skills that you get after ascencion, that is if you play the game in the correct order and do not rush.
Most of the skill recommended in this thread are available before you ascend. Either from quests or trainers, a few have to be captured from bosses.

i am a N/R, pure necro i've never even played a ranger so that cant help me.
If you have Ranger skills you can still equip them even though they offer no benefit.

Septhiroth the Newb
11-08-2005, 16:26
ok, so i did eventually beat him, like 15 tries.first try with this skill set after spending about 1hr to find some of them:

rotting flesh
Order Of vampire
signet of agony
enfeebling blood
demonic flesh
chiblains
barbed signet
Deathly Swarm

rigth after cinematic, i casted rotting flesh, poisoned him immediatly. dopple starts using blood sacrifice skills, then i used barbed sig on him, and deathly swarm twice.
killed him while still had 1/2 health.

since i did not have a max dmg weapon, and did not feel like spending another few days trying to get one b4 icould ascend i knew i had to use spells to get his health down the rest of the way thats where deathly swarm swarm comes in b/c his health seemed to stop at 0 w/ just poison on him and he would not die.
did not take blood renwell, b/c i first few times i did, i could not kill him before the skill ended, = more regen, then +xx health, so his health kept getting back up. couldnt use price of failure, that attribute was not maxed.
my attributes werent even maxed, i didnt feel like geting more refund points, so i just went in as-is.
Blood Magic- 5
Death Magic-12
Soul Reaping-8 w/ sup rune
Marksmanship- 9 b/c i had a poisoner's longbow with more dmg then my staff

ps: when i said ranger couldnt help me i ment that i didnt know what the skills where, not that i couldnt equip them. i defeated him as with pure Necro skills anyways.

Vao Naian
11-08-2005, 23:46
It doesn't matter if you have any attributes in these skills by the way.

Take:

Awaken the blood
Scourge Sacrifice
Blood renewal

Now, as soon as you get into the mission he will cast scourge sacrifice on you and then immediately cast awaken the blood. As soon as he starts to cast scourge sacrifice, cast scourge sacrifice yourself. Then start meleeing him. As soon as he gets awaken the blood off he will cast blood renewal. Total time to kill: four seconds.

(blood renewal is 1/3 health sacrifice * 1.5(awaken the blood) * 2(scourge sacrifice) = 100% hp.)

Aisha Heavens
14-08-2005, 20:29
Very easy!!! i did what someone here sugested:

Packed frenzy, and nothing else!!!

Then i let him/her use frenzy and I hammer her to death!!!! not uding frensy or any skills at all!!! I was hitting it for like 80... beat it in about 5 seconds flat!! i had such a laugh with it!!!! :happy53: :happy53: Gl to all!!! if you are a warrior, this is the fastest way to kill it!!!
thanks for all the advice!!!

Mystery of shadows
15-08-2005, 12:25
Seriously, I had no problems whatsoever taking down my mirror with my W/Mo. The build is simple, it's not custom-built for the mirror or anything.

atribute priorities goes like:
1. axe mastery
2. strength
3. prot. prayers

Skill setup is something like:

Cyclone axe
Executioner's strike
Penetrating blow
Dismember
Axe twist
Shielding hands
Vital blessing
Ressurect

Idea is:
- Get vital blessing up the first thing you do.
- close to melee
- put up sheilding hands when you start pounding at each other
- keep pounding without using any adrenal skills until Dismember and axe twist are charged
- use dismemb/twist for weakness
- then start using executioner's and penetrating
- he's going down...

cyclone axe and resurrect are waste of space here, i know, but with this build i beat my mirror on the first try.
(btw. I still use this build, so sue me... :uhhuh: )

DaiMonde
15-08-2005, 21:14
i only joined this forum cos i wanted to ask a question about the mirror doppelganger dude. im still a noob despite being lvl 20, im garbage at these games. i was a bit apprehensive about facing this dude, i read and reread everything in this thread and like someone else i was a little sceptical about beating it in 20secs.

that was until i did it.....1st time.....in 10secs.

it just takes a little planning.

W/E

sword/ship 13
earth about 8
fire 9

nothing else

skills, frenzy, swordmanship skills, didnt matter, didnt get to use em, conjure flame, inferno and iron mist.

the doppelganager turns up with a bow !?!?!? uses iron mist- the only thing of use to it, i conjure flame and frenzy, game over.

all you disbelievers have faith and put a little thought into skills before you go, use its strengths against it.

big thanks to the people before me in this thread who probably saved me about 30 attempts :happy65: :clap: :happy14: :happy34:

Lunaredge
17-08-2005, 14:19
e/me

fire 12+ as much as possible
energ storage(max)
0 insp (biggie)
flare
earth, wat, air attune
physical resistance
3 empty slots

Mirror WILL use phys resistance(less elem resist)
we assume u are using pyromancers armor(fire resist)
spam flare, mirror WILL die before you run out of energy
the attunements buy you some nice extra time.
just keep spamming flare. nothing else. or u will die
(switch flare for stone daggers or ice spear works, switch earth or water attune for fire attune)

deep dish
17-08-2005, 18:48
Elementalist

Water magic +12(or higher with runes up 2 u)

Skills:
Maelstrom
ice spear
ice spikes
shard storm
water attunment
mist form
2 other spells can be any ones

now first off cast maelstrom as soon as cutscene goes off, then spam ice spear and others(note: mirror will try and use spells but cant because of maelstrom but incase he doesnt and just attacks you cast mist form then keep spaming spear and others).within no time at all he will die AND if somehow he manages to cast maelstrom on you run out of its way and cast it back at him.simple and effective and in my opinion water is the best element to use to beat him

talkdirty
17-08-2005, 19:50
your mirror will bring exact same skills as you do.

for a warrior , just regular hit will beat him/her.

Oc rye
19-08-2005, 03:09
Mesmer:

I put in max Domination, and brought only 2 skills. Both skills recast times where the same as the duration of the skill, so basically they were infinite. I brought:
1. Signet of Midnight and
2. Empathy
The moron basically comitted suicide while I filed my nails. lol

Majosea
19-08-2005, 17:23
Elemental/Warrior

I killed the doppelganger in roughly 10-15 seconds

first four slots
Fireball
Meteor Shower
Firestorm
Meteor

second four slots
Windborne speed
Water Attunement
Magnetic Aura
Earth Attunement

I rattled off the first four in succession while he fumbled with the second four and followed up with one more fireball. He hit me with one arrow.
End of Story

ChaosJester
20-08-2005, 20:30
I beat the doppelganger in about 15 seconds with this tactic:

Pre-prep Kindle Arrows and equip Drakescale Armor if you have any. Let him cast Favorable Winds and he will then begin casting Kindle arrows.. this should give you 7 sec. of free time to attack him.

The rest of your skill bar should be as follows:
Dual Shot
Penetrating Attack
Power Shot
Hunter's Shot
Determined Shot

Keep the first skills in the shot line up far to the right, and the less powerful ones to the left.

Keep marksmanship at 14+, and get Expertise up to 8 or so.. that should give you enough energy to spam the shots and kill him before you have too much damage. When I killed him, I still had about 90% of my health left the first time, and I got the bonus.

DuncanIdaho
21-08-2005, 18:53
I play a Necromancer / Ranger cute girl, and when i happened to fight my mirror, i died several times. Why ?

First the armor : I had been told your mirror had the same gear. Well that is quite wrong, specially with the weapons. I doubt it also has the same AL as you. So basically, arrow vs arrow it is a lost battle

Then spells : Well ... my mirror has stronger spells, and even if I can handle its spells i can do nothing when it comes to arrows ... bad. Moreover, it also casts better spells (even with lvl 15 death magic), and i can't kill him with Blood Spells. Thus i come back to a battle of arrows and i'm dead.

I began to think there was no way to beat him. Then I tried something : i only used life sacrificing skills : Order of Pain, Defile Flesh, and Signet of Agony. The goal is to have him to sacrifice about 2/3 of its life pool, then to plunder him with arrows. In these conditions you can win a 'battle of arrows'.

The thing is, you must run around the room while he casts spells that bring is life down (run that kind of ring that goes up and down). Then when its life is low enough, aim it with your bow (you need a good bow). It takes me between 22 and 70 seconds to bring him down that way. It's really efficient, i've tried it 4 times and i won, so if it worked with me, it should work with you :)

Alhandra
24-08-2005, 21:03
First: N/Mo

Most people think it's a pain, but not really...

1) The only healing to take is healing breeze - the AI works in such way that it casts healing breeze when they are under DoT attack (like life siphon or such - obviously a no-no then). Healing breeze is a good idea since it will compensate for some of the stupid bow damage.

2) Never, never go in melee.

3) Take 4 useless enchantments + desecrate enchantments. You don't use any enchantments. Desecrate enchantments with 4 enchantments on will do some nice dmg with maxed curses. Total 6 skills. Btw, life attunement is a bad idea, because the shadow casts it after it's at least 50% health down, but if you don't have anything better, works just as well.

Takes a few tries to get this working. Didn't bother trying with sacrifice skills.

Second: R/W

While I learned about spirits much later, I simply did more damage than the mirror. For one thing the mirror seems to use a composite or longbow. For another it's not as good at using preparations, as you can be. And finally, preparations last quite a bit and you can cast the first one before you step on the last rune and skip the cinema.

So, simply - a max dmg shortbow, poison arrows, kindle arrows, and flurry or lightning reflexes. Cast poison arrows before you enter, poison it, kindle arrows and continue. Repoison if necessary. Takes a couple tries, but eventually the mirror dies while you have about 5%-10% health left. I'm not sure the mirror ever used kindle arrows. Frenzy for the mirror would be an option, but I'm not sure it would actually use it.

Third: Mo/Me

4 useless hexes + backfire. Backfired itself to like 1hp and I killed it with one wand swing. Good useless hexes: spirit shackles, and virtually any hex that does something after target attacks - your counter: don't attack. You dont want to deny the mirror of energy with that build so be careful what you use on it. You want short duration, low energy hexes, preferably anything that has fixed duration to no more than 10 seconds.

MartialKlerik
26-08-2005, 19:57
I took four skills that have to be cast on an "other ally", two res spells, retribution, and healing breeze. Your mirror doesn't use the last two and the previous six are useless. Put retribution on myself, ranged attack with staff, and kept healing breeze going. Easiest I've every done.

Alexia of Durham
28-08-2005, 16:22
I have a ranger/monk and did it as follows ( as was suggested earlier ) :

equip your skills slot with QZ in first slot and with nothing but bow-skills in rest of slots ( possibly troll ungent as well ) . the moment you enter the arena , move close to the opponent - in melee - and start using those bow attacks .

The counterpart will always start of with QZ so you have an advantage already . Simply start using all those bow shots in order , he/she will be wielding an axe .Thee is no way the doppelganger can beat you under these circumstances .

Lesi
30-08-2005, 01:32
I've read through most of these posts and most of them seem to be forgetting that the skills are being used by you AND the Mirror.

I'm a N/Me and beat the Mirror in 19 seconds. All I did was attack with my staff while my Mirror kept useing life depleteing spells. :lol:

dusta
30-08-2005, 16:25
monk

balthazar's aura, <----run up to doppel
bane signet
banish
symbol of wrath (u prolly wont have a chance to use this one considerind u alrdy won :thumbsup: )

jupiter henchies
01-09-2005, 02:14
Not sure if this was mentioned.
I played a ranger primary, and only carry 4 skills with me:
Healing Spring
Barbed Trap
Dust Trap
Whirling Defence
*an optional frame trap
That's all you need. The AI will activate WD first, so do you, the only catch is that you will set up all the traps. Because of the longer interval between each bow shots, you hardly get interrupted. Then, simplily move back to lure him to the traps and activate healing spring before WD ends so as to negate mirror's higher damage with the bow.
Once he start using healing spring, you will be able to intterrupt him.

DaveyHollingrad
01-09-2005, 08:19
Monk/Ele

Blessed Aura
Holy Veil
Life Attunement
Protective Bond

Balthazar's Aura
Symbol of Wrath
Healing Breeze
Blinding Flash

My doppleganger cast the first four enchanments while I ran up close and cast Balthazar's Aura. Once he started attacking, I cast Blinding Flash. I had just enough time to cast Healing Breeze and Symbol of Wrath before he died.

Took about thirty seconds.

I've done it before, but I still found it amusing that my monk went from level 14 to 19 :lol: .

SocialDetritus
01-09-2005, 16:22
For any Monk, I would suggest taking little or no healing (you shouldn't need it). I ascended a Monk recently, and used something like:

Retribution
3 other maintained enchants (any you have will do)
Divine Boon or Orison (cheap, low recharge spell)
Zealot's Fire

It shouldn't matter what you have for the MEs. Don't use them on yourself, you won't need them. Just before you enter, slap on ZF. Run in, and start spamming Boon. When he's done casting 1 or 2 of the enchants, he will start to hit you, triggering Ret. Keep spamming, and I believe it only took me about 15 - 20 seconds to beat him, if that. Don't attack him, because he'll have Retribution on as well (duh). Bam, ascension and secondary beaten flat.

Blades Trinity
12-09-2005, 06:33
Monk.

I took:

-Balthazar's Aura
-Symbol of Wrath
-Bane Signet
-Banish

I dumped all my skills in to smite,the second i got in I ran up to Doppleganger,put on Balthazar's Aura and Symbol of Wrath,started using Bane Signet and Banish.

i think i was lvl 16 at the time?

Took 16 seconds by the way...lol

Arno
12-09-2005, 08:38
Very easy with this build (N/Me) :

Price of Failure
Insidious Parasite
Enfeeble
Spirit Shackles

In skills but not used
Enfeeble Blood
Mark of Pain
Dark Bond
Death Nova

As soon as you get to your mirror, enter melee and cast the 4 skills : he'll attack with his axe draining his own energy and health, while healing you.
Re-spam skills when needed. Easy. With enfeeble he was doing something like 18 dmg and healing me 17 ;).

jupiter henchies
20-09-2005, 18:41
I completed another one with a Me/E build, pass on my first try so I don't know if I just got lucky.
Imagine burden
Backfire
Mantra of flame
Flare

you'll get the picture, mirror cast imagine burden first while u do backfire.
Then he'll just flare u. With Mantra of flame, it's 24 damage for 100 damage.
Less than or around 10 secs.

EphemeralDreamer
21-09-2005, 07:02
With my Elem/Mes
1)Backfire
2)Empathy
3)Metoer shower
4)Firestorm
5)Any f the attunements
6)Conjure Frost
7)Swirling Aura
8)- (or any usless spell that has a long cast time)

The key to this is puting all ur pts into Domination Magic. As soon as the match start cast backfire and run cuz it will cast metoer shower, then cast empathy on it. Here is the important part....Just run away casting backfire on it whenever it runs out. The mirror will kill its self casting all the spells u have, and with 114 dmge from backfire it shldn't take long before it's dead(Tip don't cast bacfire or empathy on it if u are suffering from backfire)

With my Mes/R
1)Backfire
2)Empathy
3)Epidmeic
4)Spirit of Shackles
5)Spirit of Failure
6)Ether Lord
7)Channeling
8)Illusiion of Haste

Same idea as the Elem/Mes, attk plan, just cast backfire +empathy and run, and your mirrir will kill its self

With Mo/N
1)Holy Warth
2)Rebritution
3)Awaken the Blood
4)Defile Flesh
5)Chilblains
6)Signet of Agony
7)-
8)-

First put all ur pts into smiting. As soon as the match start cast Holy warth and rebritution and run close to it 1st so it can cast Signet of Agony and then run away let it hurt it self by cast self dmge spell (Awaken blood cause it to lose 2x the heatlh) and whenever it attk u rebritution and holy warth kick in

With my W/Mo
srry can't remember, did this one a while back

Alexia of Durham
21-09-2005, 15:10
Monk/necro is also quite simple :

-healing breeze ( counterpart doesn't use it )
- banish
-bane signet
- divine boon
hit divine boon and breeze before going in and keep those running and hit the doppel with banish and bane signet .As he/she is not using healing breeze and you are it will be over very fast .

I didn't equip ANY necro skill for defeating doppel ( although I'm sure you can do it even faster if you do )

SpineyNorman
23-09-2005, 04:56
R/E
Time: long--but I beat it first try.
As I typically do, I took the build I was using during the previous mission.
Distracting Shot
Healing Spring
Troll Unguent
Ward Against Elements
Ward Against Melee
Comfort Animal
Charm Animal
Resurrection Signet

Took a bit to get the timing down and everything going my way, but I closed to melee range (mirror switches to axe), cast Ward v Melee, used distracting shot on mirror's troll unguent. That was about it. Just plinked her to death while I evaded 50% of her swings. Healing Spring is easily interruptible, so it was a non-issue.

Oh yeah, my point distribution--and I do mean distribution
Earth: 8
Beast: 5 (6)
Expertise: 8 (9)
Wilderness: 9 (10)
Marksmanship: 9 (12)

Frickaline
23-09-2005, 17:13
The best generic strategy for fighting any mirror is to help your mirror to screw up. Take a few good skills that work great together and do lots of damage and for all other skills, take crappy, time-consuming, nonsensical skills from the professions that you do have points in. Take no healing whatsoever because healing is pointless and only gives your enemy a way to heal from your onslaught. Don't use any of the "lame" skills you put on, let the mirror make that mistake.

Best example of this working well is with a ranger - take a bunch of goofy nature's rituals with you and you will see what I mean.

Turingher Khalet
27-09-2005, 19:54
As you did already say, frenzy for a warrior.

--

I actually was quite disappointed, lol. I ran into him, casted frenzy and 3 seconds later he was dead, lol. I didn't even know I won really, it was that easy. Maybe ANet should nerve this 'exploit'.

RyanMurphy
02-10-2005, 23:17
Mo/X

Zealots fire
prot spirit
healing breeze

basicly runs like the invincimonk build... i beat dopple at level 7

http://img243.imageshack.us/img243/1206/gw3137wc.jpg

Devoraan
03-10-2005, 06:09
I can remember my build, but i was warrior/monk lvl 17, i had stuff like final thrust, seeking blade, healing signet, whatever. I got beaten 5 times in a row! then a friend told me to try SHIELD STANCE he got less then 10 hits and spent most of his time healing when i just pommeled him down :surprise:

2 eezie :happy34:

Preist TuX
03-10-2005, 08:56
Me/Mo

As the title sais, a lvl 6 mesmer Vs the lvl 20 mirror, and it is plausable.

the build its self:

1. Buy a major vigor (you WILL need it)
2. Get a minor fast casting
3. Major Dommination magic
4. Get some items that give you extra HP, ie a green +30 & +30 hp staff. (does not matter if its for your prefession or not, you just need the hp)
I used a monk item that gave a -1 regen +30 hp and loads of energy (max)
and a starter cane (yes the one from pre-searing)

The skills used.

1. Backfire
2. Arcane echo
3. chaos storm
4. emphony
5. Healing breeze
6. Protective spirit

Max up your dommination magic as much as you can. and put some points in protection and healing prayers.

Before you step on the last stone cast protective spirit and healing breeze.
step onto the stone.

1. Press "C" and then cast backfire
2. cast arcane echo
3. chaos storm
4. by now he has casted chaos storm on you.. MOVE out right away
5. cast healing breeze and prot spirit
6. cast emphony
7. Now cast your7echo'd chaos storm and watch him die.

Good luck, this was the only build i could work out to get it killed, since you have low HP and easyly take dammage. After beating mirror, you will become lvl 13, good luck finding a group in dragons lair, i needed to get pure hench.

Might take a few tries to get the correct timing, but i beleive this is the best build for low-level Me/Mo's.

Kyrilliki
06-10-2005, 19:29
I've done this 4 times... However, I'm only going to talk about my first 2 ascension successes.

Please note that a few of the skills I used I got in Droknar's Forge and Snake's Dance, as well as Talus Chute because I got to level 20 before I ascended with these two builds, and I had decided to skill cap.

1 - MONK (Ranger)
I ascended with my monk back in the days before Anet nerfed smiting, so, I did this with smiting skills. Healing (and protection, as well as divine) skills prove to be...generally useless in this kind of situation. The only good prot spell to use here with be Amity, but since you can only cap it in Peridition Rock as far as I know, we won't bring it up. Of course, it is a good thing to cast if you want to buff when you're going into battle. It is otherwise useless because once your target takes damage, Amity ends.

Spell breaking is good, but it requires high Divine Favor to be truly worthwhile to use because of the steep recharge time, and unless you went skill capping in Snake's Dance before hand (very few skill capping groups take anyone under level 20). If you can use it, it would be good to cast on yourself, however, your Doppelganger will use it and thus make it futile to fight...

I went in knowing I would have to do damage. So, here is this is the build I used (at this point, I had done the Forgotten Wisdom quest, so I had the first 15-attribute quest under my belt at this point). So, I brought in smiting skills, and all smiting skills. I only brought 1 healing skill.

Healing Prayers - 14
Prot Prayers - 1
Smiting Prayers - 13
Divine Favor - 1

I didn't put anything into ranger because it was just there. Plus you can't bring in your pet, which just sucks donkey balls.

I didn't spend my others because I was trying to conserve.

On my skill bar, I had...

Signet of Judgement
Holy Strike
Bane Signet
Banish
Smite
Symbol of Wrath
Healing Breeze
OPEN

The doppelganger used all but Healing Breeze. So, going into battle, I cast HB on myself and then I let him attack and once he had, I unleashed my attacks against him, while healing because of HB. I barely lost any health.

I took damage from the smite spells, but not as much as my doppelganger did and I watched my energy to make sure I always had 10 energy so I could cast HB in the blink of an eye and maintain my health regeneration. My HP regen was 8+ because of my high Healing Prayers.

ARMOUR: Wanderer's Vestments from Droknar's Forge
RUNES: Major Vigor, Minor Healing, Minor Divine, Minor Prot, Minor Smiting
WEAPON: Hale Smiting Staff of Fortitude

I didn't use any major runes except vigor, so, I had a lot of HP going into battle, which really helps.

2 - RANGER (Warrior)

This is the second one I ascended, despite that this was my second first character.

I decided to try ranger on my first attempt. I went in with 7 different bow attacks and 1 Wilderness Survival skill (Troll Unguent). It didn't go very well because we were too evenly matched. My Troll Unguent has a HP regen of 9+ because of my high Wilderness Survival.

I left before I died because neither of us were losing HP and I played around with my skills for a while, and since I had maxed Wilderness Survival and Marksmenship, I didn't have change skills in order to make the most of what I had in order to win.

I had been watching the text spam on my screen and I noticed that someone was giving a necro this advice: bring all self-damaging skills. Your doppelganger will cast them on himself and kill himself. You don't cast any on yourself, just have them in your bar. All you have to do is finish him off.

Since I'm a Ranger/Warrior, that was seemingly useless to me because I don't have curse skills, however, I do have Wilderness Survival skills (and Beast Mastery). Within these two skill brackets, there are spirits. These spirits take a while to cast and there are so many that you can easily fill all 8 skill slots with a spirit.

I didn't know if it would work and since I couldn't think of anything else, I emptied out my skill bar and put in all spirits, and voila! The fight was one sided. I had only my arrow and just kept firing.

Now, since the spirits change the environment, I got the benefit of it and when the end of the fight game, I looked at my HP bar and I had nearly 800HP because of all the spirits that my doppelganger was casting.

Expertise - 5
Beast Mastery - 1
Wilderness Survival - 12
Marksmenship - 14

Nature's Renewel
Quickening Zephyr
Favorable Winds
Fertile Season
Edge of Extinction
Symbiosis
Winter
Winnowing

ARMOUR: Forge - Leather Top + Boots, Drake Scale Pants, Archer's Mask & Gloves (Collectors)
RUNES: Major Vigor, Minor Expertise, Minor Wilderness Survival, Major Marksmenship
WEAPON: Ebon Ascalon Bow of Fortitude

Destregan
10-10-2005, 19:38
i did this as mesmer / necro

with the following skills :

order of the vampire
blood renewal
shatter enchantment.
wastrels worry

In the start of the battle your clone immediatly casts blood renewal making him loose 33% hp shatter him
he will do order of the vamp then and after that blood renewal again , at this time wastrels worry him and he is dead, done in 5 seconds or so.

IIIPowerIII
10-10-2005, 22:47
Any advice for a lvl 6 monk/nec to kill his Mirror... I though it would be a piece of cake... but no lol..

IIIPowerIII
11-10-2005, 00:20
Did it with Prot spirit and some sac skill... I used prot spirit on me, until he sac himself to death lol. Also got the bonus. Now i'm an happy lvl 13 monk with 7 hours of playing :lol: :happy65:

Novia
11-10-2005, 06:46
r/e

conjure flames
kindle arrows
favorable winds
2 of quickening zephyr/winnowing/any other spirit
serpent's quickness
power shot
dual shot

at least 9 expertise
12 marksmanship
the rest in fire

run right up to him and use serpents quickness,conjure,kindle, and favorable winds if he hasnt already put one up. he pulls out an axe, gets busy casting spirits.
then just shoot him and use dual shot and power shot, you'll kill him in 20-25 secs tops

Doyle
15-10-2005, 21:59
This may be already known, but since a few people at the end were asking as monks:

I beat my monk dopple (and got the bonus) with one skill: Healing Breeze (all the rest were empty).

Pre-cast before the last stone, start wanding him as soon as you come in, cast breeze as soon as it starts flashing. He outdamaged me, but breeze made the difference.

Wozl
16-10-2005, 22:49
With my Elem/Mes
With Mo/N
1)Holy Warth
2)Rebritution
3)Awaken the Blood
4)Defile Flesh
5)Chilblains
6)Signet of Agony
7)-
8)-

First put all ur pts into smiting. As soon as the match start cast Holy warth and rebritution and run close to it 1st so it can cast Signet of Agony and then run away let it hurt it self by cast self dmge spell (Awaken blood cause it to lose 2x the heatlh) and whenever it attk u rebritution and holy warth kick in

With my W/Mo
srry can't remember, did this one a while back

Pure genius. My mirror died in around 14 secs! Thnx muchos dude. :happy65:

mute
17-10-2005, 14:51
Monk is by far the easiest class to kill the mirror...

Skills:
Healing Breeze
Retribution

Attribs:
half on healing prayers
half on smithing prayers

Tactic:
just use the retribution before you enter the fight, and then attack him and use breeze to heal... Dunno why but the mirror simply doesn't use healing breeze once.. easy kill... happy ascending :D

Zaxares
18-10-2005, 03:11
I'm a Mo/W, so I intend to chuck on Frenzy in there as well, just to speed things up. :D

Aisha Heavens
21-10-2005, 15:45
With my necro I just brough Awaken the blood and a couple of health saccrificing skills ;) ... she was dead in about 15-20 seconds... I just hit her with my wand and let her cast AWTB and the rest ;) killed herself to death!!!! :D

Tristam Green
27-10-2005, 00:36
E/Me:

Aeromancer/barely any in Mesmer.

14 in Air Magic
11 in Energy Storage

I was using Kryta Aeromancer Armor, with a Major Air Magic Rune and a Major Energy Storage Rune attached.

- All-Seeing Eye + Major Air Magic Rune
- Aeromancer Robes + Major Energy Storage
- Aeromancer Gloves + Major Vigor
- Aeromancer Leggings
- Aeromancer Boots

Skillset: Arcane Echo + Glyph of Lesser Energy + Lightning Strike + Lightning Surge + Chain Lightning + Lightning Orb + Enervating Charge

Key: Echo on Orb or Chain, spam away with others.

Top time:
13s.

Eagle Shaman
28-10-2005, 20:13
I spent 13 tries on my monk trying to get past ascension...finally made it. I wish I had read the forum first..cause I got my Mes through first time with this tactic. THANKS!!!!!

elem/mesmer,

Blinding Flash +empathy,
Leave rest blank

Bearan Stormstrider
01-11-2005, 21:43
Smite!

SKILLS:

Bane Sig
Banish
Smite
Holy Strike
Symbol of Wrath

ENCHANTMENTS:

Balthazar's Spirit
Retribution
Anything smite or protection (I brought Vital Blessing)

Put on the enchantments and wait for full energy before entering. Once in start with banish. Hit him with sig when he's attacking to get him down and use Holy strike before he gets up, and use Symbol of wrath to do massive dmg. The smites wont kill him but the Retribution will. I got him in 12 seconds (the amount of time needed to cast banish twice) and he didn't hurt me enough for vital blessing to be useful (but I do have 540 health without Vital Blessing).

Fownkaymownkay
02-11-2005, 21:57
ranger: bring all the preparations you have. while its casting them, power shot, pen. shot, shoot more, power shot again, pen shot, dead

warrior: bring frenzy and final thrust. itll cast frenzy in the beginning of the fight. hit him till you get 8 adren. for final thrust. By then, the mirror has less than 1/2 life, let him frenzy again, and final thrust him for quadruple damage.

BWAHAHA

FM

winterfever
05-11-2005, 08:28
easiest way to beat ele mirror is tihs:

equip weak attack skills but no heal skills. you will need these skills however: obsidian flame, ward against ele, and arcane echo.

cast arcane echo, cast obsidian, cast obsidian again, and while they're both recharging hit urself up with a ward against ele (at this point or so he should be hitting u with ur other ele skills other than obsidian cuz he's dumb) keep hitting him up wiht obsidian he'll die within 5 secs. easy 50k exp~

gwmaster
09-11-2005, 00:10
E/Mo: i used glyph of sacrifise+meteor then inferno,phoenix, and flare My record: 12 secs whit 15 fire

Angel Arrowrain
10-11-2005, 15:35
Ok Rangers, listen up!!!!
Here's is the most easiest way to defeat your mirror!!!!!
After a little while i founf out the way......
First be sure u have a maximum damage bow 'cause else this wont work!
Then equip at least 5 Nature Rituals of no use to yourself (so no predatory season!!!)
Then equip Kindle Arrows, Savage Shot and Troll Unguent.
When the battle begins your mirror wil lose time casting al the rituals.
While he is doing that, activate Kindle Arrows and start to shoot him like hell.
When he is done casting the Nature Rituals, and do it like i say now, only shoot a Savage Shot at him when he is using Troll Unguent!!!!!
He won't have achance to restore his HP and u can kill him in no time :clap: :happy14: So Rangers.......Go Kick ***!!!!!!!!!!

hairypoopmonster
11-11-2005, 13:41
i was a lvl 12 mo/w

as much as i could in axe (around 11)
the rest in protection

protective spirit
any axe skills you have
fill the rest with pointless skills w/ either -1 regeneration or high energy costs

as soon as u get in, cast prot. spirit. then charge him. he uses a sword so he cant use the axe skills. use all of them when u get them. keep protective spirit up at all times. at lvl 12, i killed it on my third try. you should end up with almost no life, but you should be able to kill it.

xiaomao
12-11-2005, 11:56
Warrior/ANYTHING

12 points (Hammer mas, Axe mas, Sword mas; doesn't matter)

Skills:
Frenzy

Just attack him. He'll use frenzy and kill himself.

Monk/Anything

12 Smite
(rest) Heal

Skills:
Zealot's Fire
Healing Breeze

Zealot's for damage. Doppleganger can't use Healing Breeze if you didn't know =)

BlueBudgerigar
12-11-2005, 15:24
easiest way to beat ele mirror is tihs:

equip weak attack skills but no heal skills. you will need these skills however: obsidian flame, ward against ele, and arcane echo.

cast arcane echo, cast obsidian, cast obsidian again, and while they're both recharging hit urself up with a ward against ele (at this point or so he should be hitting u with ur other ele skills other than obsidian cuz he's dumb) keep hitting him up wiht obsidian he'll die within 5 secs. easy 50k exp~fire attune, meteor shower and flare and no others...he'll cast fire attune first...you cast meteor shower...sidestep...then spam him with flare...he'll die within 30 secs. easy!

Great Noz
12-11-2005, 17:06
i beat my mirror in aout 5 secs with this build for Mesmer/Necromancer'

Awaken the blood
enfeeble
Darkaura
illsuion of weakness
empathy
backfire

domination 16
fast cast 12

tarathial
13-11-2005, 16:22
The strategy behind my guild was to not give the thing a chance to heal cause when i went in there with like orison of healing and other healing/ prot, he always kept himself very well healed. So the second time all i did was get huge dmg skills and pound on him till he died :D

-Galrath slash
-sever artery
-perfect strike
-gash
-flurry
-frenzy
-endure pain
-one more sword dmg skill i can't remember :( )

DustyAerhe
16-11-2005, 01:48
Just beat my mirror yesterday. lvl 20 W/Mo, completed all quests available up to that point. Had 1 elite captured (word of healing)

NOTE: it appears the doppleganger is no longer limited to just the sword. (I hadn't seen anything posted on this, so I'm saying it now.) I went in with an Axe, the mirror had a Chaos Axe, I think (the glowing one).

Skills:
Frenzy (don't use)
Executioner's Strike
Dismember
Penetrating Blow

Life Attunement (don't use)
Holy Veil (don't use)

The theory is the mirror will use the skills you don't, therefore gimping himself (take double damage from Frenzy, do 30% less damage from Life Attunement, no energy regen from Life Attunement and Holy Veil).

I beat it in about 10-15 sec... maybe less. I was concerned as it had an Axe, so when I was watching my health instead of it's health/time. I used my attacks 1 time each. My health didn't get below half.

Good luck!

Evil Death
21-11-2005, 13:33
N/Mo got past it first time the other day. Being a naughty man, I threw on my 55hp gear and took two skills - Prot Spirit and Insidious Parasite. Every time he hit me, I stole 16 life more than he dealt damage.

It took 54 seconds, though, so I think I'll go back with another skill to claim the bonus.

PenguinStyle
21-11-2005, 17:24
I just beat it with my E/me, using Ice Spear and Wastrel's Worry.

Just increase your attributes that improve these skills as much as you can(including en storage), and simply spam ice spear. It normally just uses wastrels worry, and ends up getting cancelled by ice spear.

Alexias
21-11-2005, 20:40
Beat mine with only swift chop and healing signet. (I was warrior ranger when I did this but i guess you can use it with any proffession as long as you have warrior).
I didnt heal at all, but when mirror tried to heal I interrupted him, causing extra damage. :happy65:

Zaxares
22-11-2005, 05:41
Have beaten the Doppelganger so far with my N/E and my Mo/W.

Necromancer:
I decided to make my Doppelganger sacrifice himself to death. Mucho fun. :D

1. Max out your ranks in Blood Magic.
2. Pump any other available points into Curses. Remainder can go into anything you choose. (They don't matter)

Take:
- Awaken the Blood (He casts it. You don't cast it.)
- Defile Flesh (He casts it and sacrifices 30% health. You don't cast it. You're not healing yourself, so it doesn't matter.)
- Enfeebling Blood (He casts it and loses 25% health. You don't cast it, but see below.)
- Plague Sending (Once he casts Enfeebling Blood on you, cast Plague Sending and send it back. You lose 10% health. He'll do likewise and send it back again, and losing 15% health. Back and forth, back and forth... He dies first. :D )

If you have any other useless sacrifice skills, like Dark Fury, slot them into your skill bar. The key is to make him waste his health on useless sacrifices, while you don't cast them.

Monk:
Obviously, to beat your Doppelganger, you'll need to do damage, so you're forced into using Smiting. But with the recent update to the enemy AI, he's DEAD EASY. Accordingly...

1. Max out your ranks in Smiting Prayers.
2. Pump any remaining points into Divine Favor, then other attributes.

Take:
- Retribution. (Cast this on yourself before activating the final portal.)
- Blessed Aura (Cast this on yourself before activating the final portal.)
- Balthazar's Aura
- Bane Signet
- Holy Strike

Once battle commences, your Doppelganger will waste some time casting Retribution and Blessed Aura on himself. Cast Balthazar's Aura and then run up to your Doppelganger. He'll start trying to run away from you. Just keep following him. Trap him against a corner if you can, but even if you can't, eventually he'll stop and start trying to fight. Not with your smiting spells, but with his weapons. Pull out Bane Signet and Holy Strike. By this time you should have damaged him enough that the single combo is enough to kill him. If not, simply rinse and repeat. You shouldn't even need to heal yourself. :)

If you're a Mo/W as I was, chuck in Frenzy to make things faster. :D

Dahmer
26-11-2005, 16:58
warrior/monk & possibly (one of the) easiest/fastest ways of killing mirror :
no matter what weapon u use, get 16 attribute points for that, pump rest in healing & nothing else

skills used :
frenzy
live vicariously
mending

cast mending & live vicariously before going in, when ur in just run up to him & frenzy him & he'll die in under 10 seconds if ur a bit lucky & u'll have full hp (did it few times as test & had full hp every time & mirror died around 10seconds)

Lady Reece
27-11-2005, 03:14
Beating the Mirror as a Warrior is one of the easiest, simplest things ever IMHO.

Put all your skills to zero except your weapon skill (which should be maxed), put Frenzy alone on your skill bar (but do no use it), and go in swinging. I had him dead in 15 seconds and had well over 1/2 my health remaining.

http://home.comcast.net/~erikareece/images/standsmirror.jpg

Some considerations to make:

1. Max armor
2. Max shield (mine had damage reduction of -2)
3. Max weapon (mine was 15% > 50)

Though I imagine you could still do it without that. My primary is a Fire Ele and she went in with all her normal skills and attributes, a collector's staff, had no idea what she was doing, and beat the thing (barely...) in 20 to 30 seconds. :shrug:

Happy Ascending :happy05:

LiQuID StEeL
27-11-2005, 03:24
lvl5+ R/Me

Apply Poison
any attack
spirit
spirit
spirit
spirit
spirit
rez

I only had rez because I ran out of skill points to buy spirits with. I may have done this with a sup marks rune... I don't remember. I do rememebr that I had 15k druids armor though. Done with a max dmg, 15>50 customized bow.

Put up Apply poison before you step on the last portal, and start firing. It will cast the spirits (so dont use anything that boosts his damage or health), while you pound away. The degen will take him down a lot, and so will the attack skill. By the time it is done casting spirits, it will be just about dead, so you don't need to worry about health totals really.

(written in a hurry... my grammar sucks, I know)

MultimediaJay
27-11-2005, 03:46
I have an idea.

As an N/Mo.

Get Scourge Sacrifice in the Bloodstone Fen Mission.

Equip the most useless Sacrifice Health skills in the catalogue and Scourge Sacrifice.

Go in with Maxed out smiting prayers and no necro attributes.

Cast Scourge, and kill your dupe with regular attacks. :happy34:

For skills, I'm thinking:

Dark Fury
Order Of Pain
Signet of Agony
Touch of Agony
Defile Flesh
Enfeebling Blood

You take damage, he takes damage. However, he also sacrifices double health just to use very weak skills.

It's really a matter of who dies first. :)

EDIT: Darn. Too bad his attribute points don't match yours. :confused:

Zaxares
28-11-2005, 04:00
Beat the Doppelganger with the last of my three characters, a W/R. I think this was the easiest battle yet!

Max out your ranks in the weapon attribute of your choice. Pump your remaining points into Tactics, and then Strength. (If you're a hammer warrior, then just pump points into Strength).

Take:
Frenzy
Shield Stance (Your Doppelganger doesn't use a shield. Exploit this)
"For Great Justice!" (Just to charge up adrenaline faster)
A couple of weapon skills of your choice. Try to avoid picking skills that cannot be blocked/evaded. I picked Sever Artery, Gash, Power Attack and Final Thrust.
Do NOT take any other healing or defensive stances. The idea is to force your Doppelganger to use Frenzy.

Once battle commences, hit "For Great Justice!", run up to your Doppelganger and start swinging. If you use a shield, activate Shield Stance to gain even more of an unfair advantage. Since he doesn't use a shield, your Doppelganger will be forced to use Frenzy. Just keep pounding away at him and activate all your attack skills as and when they become available.

I killed my Doppelganger in 9.5 seconds. 210-something damage Final Thrust pwns. :D

Ian The Legens
01-12-2005, 20:52
This is the build i thought was great
Hunters shot
Penetrating attack
Read the wind
Power shot
distracting shot
favorable winds
winnowing
troll ungent
ok what you do is you go close and stand there shooting. have a sword or axe or whatever in your inventory. he will use that and wont change back to a bow. This means he cant use bow skills . OH no now he has favorable winds and troll ungent whatever will you do! :surprise: So your set :thumbsup: !HAPPY TRAILS! Friends

D Crane
07-12-2005, 21:59
N/Mo

just did it and got bonus:

awaken the blood
deathly swarm (dont have to have it, but long cast attack for him)
sacrifice skills

balthazar's aura
symbol of wrath

max out smiting, 0 in rest, charge up, cast balthz aura, and then symbol of wrath on him, he goes down quickly :happy14:

endoftheline
08-12-2005, 18:15
As a warrior just used a hammer and put on fast dmg skills like power attack, irrestiable blow. He dies in under 10 seconds ussually. Hes a joke to warriors it seems.

Naay
09-12-2005, 19:33
E/MO - level 12

Spells:
Protective Spirit
Swirling Aura
Glyph of Sacrifice
Meteor Shower
Immolate
Flare

Attributes:
13 Fire Magic
4 Energy Storage
4 Protection Prayers

Use Glyph of Sacrifice just before stepping onto the third pad, and skip the movie. Use Meteor Shower the second you enter, and spam Immolate and Flare. Doppelganger will first attempt to use Meteor Shower (gets interrupted because you cast it first) and then Swirling Aura (takes up some time to).
Keep on spamming Immolate and Flare, the moment you sense you are being attacked just use Protective Spirit on yourself.

Doable under 30 seconds.

Parker Bsb
10-12-2005, 12:39
I just tried beating my doppleganger as a w/n it was actually funny to see

I used:
Sever artery
Gash
Garaleth slash
Final thrust
Frenzy
I will survive
Defile flesh
res siggy

Maxed axe (I collected the axe, sheild, and armor from the desert) and just attacked normally. It was funny to see it die in less than 20 seconds (Frenzy FTL :lol: )

Kyousei Raikou
11-12-2005, 22:32
Using my w/me (and this would work for any mesmer probably)

I cranked up my domination magic and brought Empathy and Backfire, then padded my skills with useless inspiration magic skills. Your mirror will then attack and cast itself to death with you having to do absolutely nothing.

Mr GriFFiN
12-12-2005, 10:02
I like to point out something that was proven long ago ...If your a monk or your 2th profession is a monk always equip healing breeze. The Mirror doesn't use healing breeze not sure if it was meant that way or a bug, but it's never been fixed.

That way you can heal yourself but he can't.

Mashus Altorus
14-12-2005, 09:40
hi all i was just thinking if u went in with no armour and no weapons but had them in invtory would he be able to use the invtory?
:idea:

Feline
22-12-2005, 23:54
well my first try with a low lvl was my mo/me it took me about 20 times to take him but keep in mind i was only lvl 14, but anyway this is the build i used:

Optional:
#1.Holy Veil Well this enchantment was my key to victory, because it gave me a lead in the Hex race.
#2 Power Spike/Leak Preatty good just a dmg dealer or interupt spell. Woud prefer Spike over Leak though dmg is a lot better.
#3 Backfire Duh what can i say...
#4 Empathy Good hex that gives a lead in the dmg race

From here u can choose whatever smite prayer/or spell u want to but i took these prayers coz they are the best:
#5 Bane Signet
#6 Banish
#7 Smite
#8 Holy Strike

Just follow this order and ull kill him after a few tries

tarathial
01-01-2006, 06:37

Skills:

1. Frenzy
2. Hundred Blades
(Yes, thats all)

how do you have hundred blades already? your just at your mirror... don't you get hundred blades from the last mission?

Ariana
05-01-2006, 05:40
This build works with a Ranger secondary or primary. Bring a total of 7 natural rituals and 1 trap. Immediately start attacking with a short bow. The mirror casts every ritual and attempts to set the trap. The mirror is dead before it even gets a chance to attack back. This should also win you the bonus.

Wandalf
05-01-2006, 09:45
how do you have hundred blades already? your just at your mirror... don't you get hundred blades from the last mission?
Kazuirra's post was dated before the final release of Guild Wars, which means his build was from during the BWE's.
And before the final release, Hundred Blades wasn't an elite skill.

enteiri
07-01-2006, 05:47
With my mo/mes.. ihad some difficulty then i tried loading the skill bar with useless skills ie. res sig, rebirth, ressurect, restore, heal other, basically skills that u can only use on other players.

Then used:
Distortion
Empathy

Didn't attack him and let his attacking kill himself while dodging his attacks with distortion.

Worked well..took a while though.:)

Random Name
17-01-2006, 17:51
Just to add another mo/me build: I just did this over the weekend...

Scourge Healing
Orizon of Healing
Dwayna's Kiss
Backfire
Banish
Shatter Enchantment
Some enchantment spell - can't remember which one, but nothing to aid in him healing
Another enchantment - didn't know which the mirror would be inclined to use so I brought a couple.

Smite around 13
Domination at 12
The rest split between healing and Divine Favor

Basically cast backfire immediately.
Shatter whatever enchantment he puts up. (Having triggered backfire)
This will put him in a Healing mode...
Cast Scourge Healing to remove whatever benfit of Orizon he would have gotten. Backfire is still firing everytime he orizons.
Move around to avoid ranged attacks.

repeat. As long as you always have scourge or backfire on him he will never gain hp. Long recharge times between Shatter, Scourge (but long duration) and Backfire... I cast each twice before he died.

Backfire does 105 damage at skill 12. Shatter does another 80.
Scourge should remove ~75 hp while orizon only adds ~65.
Banish does an extra 50. (I was anxious to bring this but i love it and the mirror never used it...)

This worked the first time I tried. Didn't take terribly long (< 2 minutes) and he got me down to around 200-250 hp. (I was using Orizon sparingly, careful to not get caught in Backfire) Mirror never used Scourge either.

gragman
18-01-2006, 09:29
As a warrior just used a hammer and put on fast dmg skills like power attack, irrestiable blow. He dies in under 10 seconds ussually. Hes a joke to warriors it seems.

Got to agree, with my W/Mo I just loaded the skill bar with spells/enchatments to use on others and then swung at him with my sword. Under 10 seconds - job done, 50000xp bonus. Thank you very much.

Joh
18-01-2006, 11:21
First time I did it, it was dead in 26 seconds. :rolleyes:

Warrior/Monk (not 100% sure on the skills):
- Sever Artery
- Gash
- Balanced Stance
- Seeking Blade
- Healing Signet
- Signet of Capture
- "I Will Avenge You!"
- Restore Life

Yes, I'm totally aware that this should be totally useless against him (considering IWAY, Sig of Capture, Balanced Stance and Restore Life), but I didn't want to use any skills that could kill me, or keep him alive like, Healing Breeze, or Savage Slash. Also, note that all my skills that are of any use are sword skills. He decided to use axe. :rolleyes:

vacantglassprison
20-01-2006, 17:49
Warrior:
I used a Sundering War Hammer of Defense

Staggering Blow
Mighty Blow
Hammer Bash
Irresistible Blow
Flurry
For Great Justice
Wild Blow
Healing Signet

I used For Great Justice and Flurry to charge up my adrenal attacks, then Staggering Blow to affect him with Weakness, and Hammer Bash to knock him to the floor, then Irresistible Blow and Wild Blow, followed by another Flurry, Hammer Bash, Irresistible Blow.

Basically, the strategy was to charge up adrenaline, then hit for weakness and knockdown, dealing damage while he was on the floor
I managed to beat it in less than 50 seconds this way

dark assailant
25-01-2006, 00:21
warriors are so easy to beat him with you dont really need to bring specific skills but if you insist on bringing specific skills bring frenzy because it will lower his damage done to you

when i beat it I didnt even change my skill bar i just went in with my usual skills

*Tip* if you are a monk or /monk bring healing breeze if you need healing because he doesnt use it

For elementalists or /ele i just used earth magic and a little bit of air magic and brought three key skills: obsidian flame + stone daggers + knock down skill

-Don't use stone daggers just bring it for him to use and you use obsidian flame
-When he is going to use obsidian flame use knock down or distract skill so he cant use it on you because maxed out it could do 100+ dmg
-if you fail keep on trying, i think i did it on my 3rd try

New nerfs made him move from meteor shower and fire storm so if you bring it it will do like 1hit but i guess you could bring it if you want him to use it and waste time

srry i dont have specific sets of skills but i dont remember really what my builds were i just tried one thing, if it worked kind of but went wrong a little bit try it again. if it completely failed try something new.

hope this helps you guys a little bit

Faded Seaside Glamour
31-01-2006, 16:55
These are the skills I used for my mes:

Empathy (dom. att. as high as possible without major/sup rune)
Spirit Shackles
Mind Wrack

Start with empathy and then the other 2 and keep m on at all times, dont attack the mirror and he/she will basically kill him/herself :))

DesertWhirlwind
04-02-2006, 00:06
Ele/Mes

I used a standard pve build; flare, immolate, meteor, fire attunement, aura of restoration, then took Ether Renewal, Mantra of Fire, and Shatter Enchantment.
Mirror immediatly popped aura and then went for fire attune, and i shattered the aura during that casting, then popped mantra of fire and i owned him cause I had a head start on the damage (with his doin 40% less than mine) as well as my aura stayed up so i healed. I was 75% when he died.

isthisnameinuse
04-02-2006, 17:43
MONK:
(3 Skills, works EVERYTIME in 50sec or less.)

Zelots Fire
Bane Signet
Healing Breeze

Max out your SMITE attribute.
Put remaining into HEALING.

When battle begins, run up to him (do not click on him to do so).
He will Bane Signet you and beging swinging Axe.
You cast Bane Signet, then Zelots Fire, then spam your Healing Breeze.
Every cast of Healing Breeze will damage him 25points or so.
Cast Bane Signet when charged.

There is no need to attack him directly with any weapons, as Zelots Fire does all the damage.

Enjoy your victory and bonus 50k exp.

isthisnameinuse
04-02-2006, 17:47
NECRO.

(1 skill)

Dark Pact

0 (Zero) attributes points in BLOOD. (This is Key)
If your weapon is blood based change it your weapon to another max damage one.

When battle starts stay where you are and start attacking him.
He will continously cast Dark Pact, which does 10% to him and only 10 health to you.
He will also attack you by bow, but will cast Dark Pact as soon as he can.
You will both come VERY VERY close to dieing, but you should prevail if you have continously attacked him.

It was great to see him sacrafice himself to death.

Enjoy your victory.

Lady Rhonwyn
08-02-2006, 21:04
Monk,

Rend Enchantment
Healing Breeze
Balthazar's Spirit
Divine Boon
Blessed Aura

13 in Healing Prayers
rest in Curses

I pre-cast the three enchantments (I only took three, because then you have one pip of energy regen left) and went in. The first thing I cast there was healing breeze. The first thing my evil me cast was Rend Enchantment. With Curses at twelve (which I read somewhere is what your evil me has...), this cost her 124 health. As soon as the enchantments are gone, cast them again, starting with breeze. Within the 50 seconds, she cast rend again and was dead... I only took those enchantments that didn't give health when attacked or attacking. I also had two points in divine favor, because of my head pattern and a minor rune.

Zero RoGuE
08-02-2006, 21:30
Pyronuker

max fire
5 wind

gale
Meteor
Meteor storm
+any other nukeing spells..

just use them in order and it powns him soo easy..use gale agian whenever he uses any powerful nukeing skill..

xXBinaryXx
18-02-2006, 20:47
ELE/NEC. Tried every combination of tactic here applying to Ele or Nec and they dont work. Sometimes I get very close - once almost a "draw", but it seems to me that either somethings changed or the games AI response changes every so often.

Anyway after trying about 12 times in a row tonight Im giving it in before I kick this f%$*&ng PC through the window. Who said "its just a game"?? I'll give him just a F%$*%ng game!!!!

Syril
27-02-2006, 20:43
Necromancer:

Order of Pain

That's really it. Stay at a distance and dodge his arrows, and he'll nearly kill himself from the sacrifice. He'll stop using it once he gets low, so get some shots in with your staff while you continue to dodge his arrows.

DeXyre
28-02-2006, 10:29
I used something like this for my E/Me

flare
backfire
shatter enchantment
earth attunement
air attunement
water attunement

with high attributepts in domination, the rest doesn't really matter, just don't put it in fire i guess, flare is just for him to take dmg while backfired
first thing you do is cast backfire, he probably used an attunement by now, so shatter it...
should pretty much be dead in about 20-30 sec

Drec Sutal
02-03-2006, 02:57
Hahaha... I just beat mirror in my personal record time of under 10 seconds.

R/Me
Dom magic 10+
Bring one spirit
Bring backfire
Channeling
Imagined Burden
Wrastrel's worry
Shatter Delutions

This is really simple... Mirror starts off casting spirit, gives you 5 seconds to hit backfire. Sit back and relax, as he casts channeling, imagined Burden, Shatter, Wratrel's, and channeling again, quickly killing himself.

That may have been the most fun i've had on him in a long time (read: since killing him after I died with poison and getting bonus anyway)

stunty diver
05-03-2006, 04:17
OK for E/ME

I did this at level 13

Physical Resistance
Empathy
Blinding flash
Aura of Restoration

Pump your Domination and Air, but leave about 5 in Energy storage

METHOD:

Cast Aura and Resistance BEFORE you go in, allowing energy to regen

As soon as you are in, cast Empathy on him. (DO NOT ATTACK HIM, YOU WILL GET OWNED)

Dodge Arrows until your Resistance runs out, then cast Flash.

Cast Empathy again.

Use Resistance when flash runs out

continue for a bit

Experiment with this, you might find a better way!
Stunty Diver

Onus Bones
08-03-2006, 00:04
Me/Any or Any/Me:

These are the easiest classes I've done. I take Backfire plus any other spells I don't care if it uses (NO INTERRUPTS!). We both use Backfire on each other; I never cast again until/unless the Backfire runs out, then I cast Backfire again. I just use my weapon and watch it cast about until it dies.

N/Mo or Mo/N:
Took me half a dozen attempts to figure this one out, but then it worked beautifully. Take lots of monk enchantments, especially those that help others and won't help it to use; then take sacrifices. Take Rend Enchantments, with Curses set to -0-. Load on all the enchantments before you go in. When it casts the Rend, it gets hurt really bad, and then you can finish it off with your weapon. Any sacrifices it uses just speeds up the process.

E/N:
Assuming you wear Pyromancer's Armor, take all of the Attunements, plus Strip Enchantment (for a heal), Insidious Parasite, and Flare (if your armor is something else, take the low-damage spell of that element).
Hit it with Flare while it is casting all of the Attunements on itself, then use Insidious Parasite. Do not use your weapon. Using Flare won't trigger the Insidious Parasite it no doubt put on you too. If it uses Flare, your armor gives you more protection than its does. If it attacks with its weapon (more likely), the Insidious Parasite will offset some portion of the damage to you, lowering its health in the process. It shouldn't take long; I didn't need to use the Strip Enchantment for a heal but it was there.

Xunlai Agent
08-03-2006, 00:16
For Necros the Doppel is amazingly simple and I eliminate him fast enough for the bonus everytime everytime. The trick? Use Awakening Blood and useless saccing skills:

Dark Fury
Dark Pact
Demonic Flesh
Signet of Agony
Enfeebling Blood
Plague Sending
Blood of the Master
Verata's Aura
Verata's Sacrifice

Add stuff from your secondary to the mix if you like. Here are some ideas:

Monk: Healing Breeze and Holy Wrath/Retribution

Warrior: Frenzy

Mesmer: Backfire & Empathy

Ranger: Traps and Spirits

Elementalists: Blinding Flash & Rust (waste of a spell but he will cast it!)

Poison is my style
08-03-2006, 07:41
Warrior:
I tried the simple build, I just got my skills off..and killed him with my weap.

Xan'thrak
09-03-2006, 10:38
I dont know if this has een mentioned before, but I think I remember hearing that the dopple has 16 in every attribute and he may of at one stage but doing some recent testing with my necro (I was bored), he in fact only has 12 in every attribute.

How i tested this, give your self 16 curses and take insidious parasite, once in he casts it on you and you should do like wise then just stand there and let him beat upon you. Whilst doing this, compare your skill description to his version he casts on you, from memory, at 16curses it lasts 21 secs and and damage/drain effect of 27 per hit, his lasts 18seconds and does 21 damage/drain per hit(the numbers may be abit off but you get the picture).
record down his hex duration and the damage/drain figure.

Now once you are out, reset your curses to 12 and check the spell description again, it shoudl match what you recorded. Sorry its not providing a technique, but I didnt know where else to put this.

ThunderGodd
12-03-2006, 08:39
W/Mo...two builds...levels 15 and 20...story below

at level 15....

not totally sure on the attributes...but these should be very close:
Smiting 7
Strenth 3+1
Swordsmanship 10+1
Tactics +1

Skills:
Sever Artery
Gash
Galrath Slash
Bane Signet
"For Great Justice!"
Frenzy (for the mirror...never use this)

Armor:
All Gladiator Armor from Lion's Arch (Armor: 50)
Helmet: Lieutenant's Helm of Minor Vigor (only the minor vigor and extra armor matter....it has 60 armor vs. the lion's arch gladiator's 50...10 of the armor is changed from physical attack only to universal armor)

Strategy:
Click on the mirror to run up and attack...he will hit you with Bane Signet but since you're not yet attacking you won't be knocked down. Hit the Bane Signet then "For Great Justice!" and start slashing away as THE MIRROR (not you) uses Frenzy. When Sever Artery is charged...hit it....next when Gash is charged hit it...next when Galrath Slash is charged...you guessed it...hit it. Hit him one more time with Sever Artery to make sure the bleeding continues...

you will most likely die at this point...but the mirror died due to bleeding for me close enough to my death that I completed the primary and bonus missions...so I got kicked up to level 20 by the 50,000 xp boost. Since I didn't live through it...it transports me back to Augury Rock without sending me to the Dragon's Lair...but the level changed stuck.

Now at level 20:
I went back in with the same skills...this time with the following attributes:
Healing 1
Smiting 12
Strength 4+1
Swordsmanship 10+1
Tactics 1+1

and kicked the mirror's *** in under 10 seconds...and of course...proceeded onto the dragon's lair...

btw...don't count on using sword skills to fool the AI...the mirror now uses sword skills such as Sever Artery, Gash, and Galrath Slash even with his axe...I died as a level 15 because of the bleeding primarily...from sever artery...

Tyrl
15-03-2006, 00:11
Warrior/monk at lvl 15:

Frenzy
Healing Breeze (Dopple never seems to use this, use it on yourself if you run low on health)
Either leave the rest blank or add a few damage skills.

Rush in and let him pretty much kill himself, easily done first try.

ThunderGodd
15-03-2006, 03:28
N/Mo Level 16

Attributes: (setting up for MM build)
Blood Magic 1+1 (2)
Death Magic 12+1+3 (16)
Soul Reaping 3+1 (4)
Curses +1 (1)
Healing 3 (3)

Necrotic Armor...Armor Rating of 40 (from Lion's Arch I think)
Bloodstained Boots...Armor Rating of 60 (from Droknar's Forge)
Vile Scar Pattern of Minor Vigor...Armor Rating of 51 (from Amnoon I believe)

1. Awaken the Blood (50% more sacrifice)
2. Demonic Flesh (20% sac)
3. Dark Pact (10% sac)
4. Blood of the Master (10% sac)
5. Verata's Sacrifice (15% sac)
6. Defile Flesh (20% sac)
7. Plague Sending (10% sac)
8. Enfeebling Blood (10% sac)

Just run in...start hitting the mirror with a ranged weapon...I had my death staff...he proceeds to sacrifice himself to death...he'll hit you a couple of times with his bow...that combined with the various damage done by him using my skills took me down to about 25% health left before he died. Easiest Victory yet...

ThunderGodd
15-03-2006, 03:30
Warrior/monk at lvl 15:

Frenzy
Healing Breeze (Dopple never seems to use this, use it on yourself if you run low on health)
Either leave the rest blank or add a few damage skills.

Rush in and let him pretty much kill himself, easily done first try.

if he's low on health long enough he will use it...just fyi...kill him as quick as possible

Fangsbane
16-03-2006, 02:58
This was my first time Ascending and the only problem I had wasn't with my build, but with the fact that I always ported in facing away from my doppelganger. By the time I would target him, 2/3 of my HP were gone. Then I moved the view to where I was looking down on the scene and finished him off. Anyway my build was:

Blood 13
Death 11

Defile Flesh
Dark Pact
Blood Ritual
Enfeebling Blood
Chilblains
Malaise

Staff:
Dark Damage 11-22

Armor:
Necrotic 61