PDA

View Full Version : 8/11: Instant Ressuection

Zingeri
11-08-2006, 23:17
The 8/11 Update introduced a hidden update (or bug) into Alliance Battles (and Competitive Missions, but who cares about those?).

Players will INSTANTLY RESSURECT. This makes the game flow MUCH faster, and will cause Ressurection Shrine capping to be very difficult. It also severely buffs the Kurzicks in Fort Aspenwood.

However, there's a downside (which makes me think it's a bug): there will be very few corpses, i.e. Minion Masters are useless. I don't have a problem with that, I always liked SS better. :grin:

Apok Omni
11-08-2006, 23:55
*right eye twitches*

So, my char won't have to wait 5 minutes to ressurect anymore? AWESOME!!! Thx, Anet.

Kildred Devine
12-08-2006, 02:38
This is an absolutely absurd update or bug. There are more builds that use corpses besides MM.

BunnyLord
12-08-2006, 02:51
Ya I tried doing AB and it is difficult to capture ressurection shrines. Minion Masters are pretty much useless unless they make use of all the NPC corpses.

What's even scarier is fighting on Territorial Maps like Grenz Frontier and Ethnaran Keys because the other team will have quicker access to Res Shrines and their default res shrines are CLOSER to the res shrines. I tried Ethnaran Keys, we were fighting the Kurzicks on the Warrior shrine, we killed the group that was trying to defend it...20 seconds later while we were still trying to eliminate the rest of the NPC warriors the group was back.

I thought that Kurzicks already have faster Res time in Fort Aspenwood, but this is ok since Luxons seems to have a HUGE advantage over that map.

Also EOE is even deadlier and can actually backfire. When trying to CAP reshrines or Invade, the team that is currently holding the closest one will defnitely, that team will have the upper hand.

Overall I'm not sure about this whole Instant Res but I will definitely change many builds and render some useless.

VILenin
12-08-2006, 05:39
What's even scarier is fighting on Territorial Maps like Grenz Frontier and Ethnaran Keys because the other team will have quicker access to Res Shrines...
Grenz Frontier? You got actually made it there? Snazzy!

I'm hoping it's a bug. It unbalances too many things to be intended. However, I can't say that Kurzicks don't need the Aspenwood buff.

rlimit
12-08-2006, 05:59
Then ressurection orbs are useless now.

BunnyLord
12-08-2006, 11:33
ANET fixed the "bug" on today's update.

TeeBeeNZ
12-08-2006, 16:33
Res harder to take, no MMs and no waiting made AB so much better. Makes me why AN didnt simply leave it like that for a while to see feedback. Sure the MM losers will complain but the people who have to deal with them all the time wont.

Hates
12-08-2006, 22:13
I hated it, I'd kill someone only to have him rez with full health, full energy and very angry that I just killed him. It also made it hard for me to rank his body.

I considered asking people to come with EoE and BiP just so we take the rez shrine and keep BiPing ourselves to death over and over just to make that section of the map very volitile. Granted, we'd lose but it would have been amusing as hell.

tarutaru
12-08-2006, 22:14
Res harder to take, no MMs and no waiting made AB so much better. Makes me why AN didnt simply leave it like that for a while to see feedback. Sure the MM losers will complain but the people who have to deal with them all the time wont.

I take it you're not a fan of Minion Masters. However, calling them losers does not improve your image in any way shape or form. They aren't broken, so care to try defeating them by countering them instead of calling them names?...

As for the topic at hand, however, I would have prefered Anet to leave instant ressurection in the Alliance Battles. The fights were ALOT more fast-paced, and alot more fun to play.

Kildred Devine
14-08-2006, 23:03
Instant rezzing removed the strategy of capping and controlling shrines that is central to the idea of Alliance Battles - two sides (Luxon vs. Kurzick) fighting for control of territory. It simply reduced AB to a large PvP arena with a single goal of killing. I'm glad it was fixed.

To the MM bashers, there are lot more builds/spells that use copses than MM. I play a unique, non-MM, Necro build that uses corpses quite a bit earning me 250k+ faction over the last 2-3 weeks of casual and mostly pub AB.