PDA

View Full Version : IW Possibility?

thehymner
16-08-2006, 02:16
Sand Shards- For 30 seconds, whenever you fail to hit with a scythe attack, all nearby foes take 5-25 damage.

Illusionary Weaponry- For 30 seconds, you deal no damage in melee, but whenever you attack in melee, target foe takes 8-34 chaos damage. This is an elite skill.

Combining the two would yield something formidable...I believe IW's "you deal no damage in melee" implies that you miss every hit...as I remember an IW char is not affected by blind.

JeanDeathwish
16-08-2006, 02:22
Combining the two would yield something formidable...I believe IW's "you deal no damage in melee" implies that you miss every hit...as I remember an IW char is not affected by blind.

I believe that it was tested and the two dont work together. I forget where I seen it, try looking in the other IW threads.

The combo is just too good to be true so there has to be some way that it doesnt work.

Sadow
16-08-2006, 02:26
Perhaps not IW, but I think Signet of Midnight combined with Sand Shards has some wonderful implications.

arredondo
16-08-2006, 04:43
Not just implication.... application (http://forums.gwonline.net/showthread.php?t=413065). :smiley:

Paul Pluto
16-08-2006, 11:12
Lol the threads are already starting to repeat and the dervish isn't even out yet :grin:

arredondo
16-08-2006, 15:57
I played my setup extensively during the preview weekend. It may change in the final release, but it did work well.

Shokk Mjollnir
17-08-2006, 02:46
yah i was thinking of the SoM+SS thing too, but it might have problems in RA and stuff because you monk might strip you blind and that would be....bad so it owuld work best in TA thats well organized or GvG(maybe) also OP is incorrect, when it say "you deal no damage in melee" it means "you deal no damage in melee' meaning you still hit them...it just doesnt do ****.

thehymner
17-08-2006, 23:05
just to be sure, does Blind affect an IW user's hitting chance?

critical vengeance
18-08-2006, 00:20
i would say no, i cannot say 100% but i would bet at least 5 bucks that says blindness doesn't stop iw, espcially after the use in these builds.

arredondo
18-08-2006, 02:07
just to be sure, does Blind affect an IW user's hitting chance?

An IW attack never physically hits a target whether you are Blind or not. It just does damage by swinging an illusion, but that illusionary swing must connect with a target to register the damage. With Sand Shards, you need a weapon to fail to hit, that's why it doesn't work with IW because IW just makes a weapon do no damage.

thehymner
18-08-2006, 06:03
thx for the explanation.

floppinghog
28-08-2006, 10:10
dealin no dmg doesnt mean you miss...... ..

akbaroth
06-09-2006, 04:04
i don't suppose there are any kind derv of mes stuff that blinds the user, or another class to use on u. i'm too lazy to check myself

I Orca I
08-09-2006, 05:46
yah i was thinking of the SoM+SS thing too, but it might have problems in RA and stuff because you monk might strip you blind and that would be....bad so it owuld work best in TA thats well organized or GvG(maybe) also OP is incorrect, when it say "you deal no damage in melee" it means "you deal no damage in melee' meaning you still hit them...it just doesnt do ****.

Actually Ive tested this with my assasin. Mist form says you take no damage from attacks and deal no damage with attacks, but the weapon effect still occurs. ie. If you use a lead attack on a mist formed person you will deal no damage but it will act as if the lead hit, so you can continue with your offhand and dual attacks.

However, using IW you deal no damage in mellee, but target foe takes x amount of illusion dmg. You use a lead attack and it acts as if it had missed. It doesnt have any effect and you cannot continue with an offhand attack.

The wording of the two implies the result of an attack skill to be the same however this is not so.

Unless they fix this I'm pretty sure the OP's build can work.

VILenin
10-09-2006, 22:13
Is Sand Shards armor-ignoring damage? Cause if it isn't, I don't care how reliably you can fail to hit, you still won't do any good damage.

On the other hand, A/D with Sand Shards and the IA enchantment (forgot the name) would make a very nice backup for assassin spikers against Blinding Flash spammers.

critical vengeance
10-09-2006, 23:46
yes it is armor ignoring.

Ivan Drago
11-09-2006, 12:35
I would rather suggest a Me/D for that.

But I still can only wonder how much time an energy people waste to speculate about unlaid eggs, e.g. BETA-Skills that might have been nerfed already.

Not regarding this idea, but in general there is by far too much shallow speculation about a class that has not even been released.