PDA

View Full Version : Why wouldn't a 6 toucher/2 bonder team not demolish everything else?

steelwill
16-08-2006, 04:44
Has anyone ever tried something like this? What is in HA that shuts these things down and keeps them from running as rampant as they are in RA and AB? Seems like a team of 6 touchers and 2 bonders heavy on the hex and condition removal would tear through anything else. Or maybe 5 touchers, 2 monks, and a ward ele or spirit spammer.

David Holtzman
16-08-2006, 05:30
No utility. It'd just get destroyed. Toucher DPS is actually not that high. Aside from the fact that it would be wrecked on an altar map or relic run, it doesn't actually do damage such that it could win an anihilation.

B Ephekt
16-08-2006, 05:48
2 bonders? Ever heard of NR or OoA?

sahlakh
16-08-2006, 07:22
My little bro's rank 4000 guild won HoH 6 times in a row with 8 touchers, so touchers can't be that bad. :P

Or does that tell more about the level of HoH atm?

Ashin
16-08-2006, 07:28

I think the great irony of HA for me is that most of the players that organize non-guild teams are incredibly elitist, close-minded, and yet absolutely pitiful pvp'ers. Honestly I think if you have 8 people that each know how to pvp to a reasonable degree, you could go to HA with virtually any configuration of skillbars and classes and do reasonably well.

David Holtzman
16-08-2006, 07:52
My little bro's rank 4000 guild won HoH 6 times in a row with 8 touchers, so touchers can't be that bad. :P

You can win GvG the same way. Getting lucky for a bit and having a consistent success rate are entirely different things.

Not really. Depending on what time you play you can just totally avoid all the good teams in HoH. I mean, come on Emp, you don't think we'd lose to 6 touchers do you?

Nekretaal
16-08-2006, 17:53
Basically, touch rangers do not have deep wound, which means that all of their damage, impressive as it is, can be out-monked.

Also, even though with Energizing Winds up your touch skills are ever cheaper, and monk skills the rangers still run out of energy before the monks. The build offers a quick onslought and then peters out of energy.

All, to answer the question of what is in HA that prevents this team from running rampant? There is a LOT of BLOOD SPIKE in HA which would destroy that team.

I dont see why you couldnt farm faction with this team to get up to R3though. You could beat up on a lot of unprepared teams, and even become a semi-balanced build once spirits and traps are considered.

Santax
18-08-2006, 21:41
If someone saw a toucher team take the Hall, then within a minute a Blood Spike team would be assembled, and within 15 minutes the touchers will be dispatched.

Mr Dbest
19-08-2006, 00:16
Basically, touch rangers do not have deep wound, which means that all of their damage, impressive as it is, can be out-monked.

Not having DW does not mean that the dmg can't be outmonked...Just look at Bspike, Rspike, Merro's build, etc...Unless you are referring to the fact that they are running a presure build without DW, which in that case, i would agree... =]

Apok Omni
19-08-2006, 02:42
Its because the bonders will get killed first, then touchers are next. Touchers have poor defence, really. Yes, they have stances, but only for a short while. Only condition they can inflict is Blindness, which would only hurt the Warriors. But condition removal is high in HA. Also, monks can outheal their ''damage'' easily, without any wasted effort.

Now, if you won halls with it, chances are you were well communicated or you took them by surprise.

dbgtboy
19-08-2006, 15:45
touchers can kill ghosts in 2 seconds, so your friend probably just went straight for the enemy ghosts and touched them down.

Darknicrofia
24-08-2006, 19:17
Not having DW does not mean that the dmg can't be outmonked...Just look at Bspike, Rspike, Merro's build, etc...Unless you are referring to the fact that they are running a presure build without DW, which in that case, i would agree... =]

the only builds that are meant to bypass monking are instant kill spikes, everything else is pressure, be it e denial, heavy damage, AoE degen etc...

if the build cannot bypass a infusor's reflexes, it needs to rely on pressure, touch way has no deep wound like iway and a heck of a lot less damage, it has no built in e denial like blood spike and it does not have AoE degen like ViM way, therefore as a pressure build, is inferior.

and no this build cannot spike despite what many people may think /end sarcasm

Selene Raseth
24-08-2006, 20:54
Maybe if it went life barrier, instead of life bond. Most of the builds out there would bypass the protection used by life bond; or in the cases they can't. kill the monks first instead. NR would cripple the build as well, which is seen a good amount. Blood spike would not care, and would slaughter the first two at least before they even started getting to melee range. It just has too many weaknesses. If you want touchers, I'd say go all touchers, as the monks won't be able to heal this build well enough to actually warrant having one. Either they slow the touchers down in the charge and allow for more of them to be spiked down, or they lead the way and end up being the one spiked down.

Sol Dethgard
25-08-2006, 08:48
Has anyone ever tried something like this? What is in HA that shuts these things down and keeps them from running as rampant as they are in RA and AB? Seems like a team of 6 touchers and 2 bonders heavy on the hex and condition removal would tear through anything else. Or maybe 5 touchers, 2 monks, and a ward ele or spirit spammer.I actually saw last night on observer a team of 4 touchers, water ele, Woh, RC prot, & SB/infuse monk in HoH. They focused only on the ghost and the other teams monks kept it alive the entire time. GG. Touchers can only kill people that don't know how to counter, any copetent team can flawless a team of touchers easy.

IxI Raiden IxI
31-08-2006, 06:26
If someone saw a toucher team take the Hall, then within a minute a Blood Spike team would be assembled, and within 15 minutes the touchers will be dispatched.

Are you joking me? You are forgetting that 6-8 touchers on one ghost equals no time to spike and you have to devote all energy into healing the hero. I havfe played touchway before and it it one of the best holding builds because all you do is cap and then **** the other teams ghosts after 2:00. Touchway makes necro spike look like junk even though it is in halls.

Jummeh
31-08-2006, 09:34
If all 6-8 touchers are clustered around the ghosty, I think for an OG spike team might LoL and dispatch them all with a AoE spike of 600. Since they have no interupts, you can just sit back and spike at will.

Nekretaal
31-08-2006, 21:51
What about toucher team this weekend in 6-man HA? Touchers do well against certain builds, and spikes may be less powerful.

4 touchers (who also have debilitaing shot for the enemy monk)
1 Pin down ranger with spirits (EW, the double exhaustion spirit)
1 Monk