PDA

View Full Version : Paragon/?

Mr Panda
23-08-2006, 19:12
I admit this is a fairly shameless thieving of the Dervish forum's "Secondary profession for a..."

But...I think a decent discussion on suitable paragon secondaries, and what people will be intending to level with.

I'm genuinely leaving it open to randomnity at the moment, so far I cant find a valid need for a secondary, I can do what I want to do with just a P primary, but I need a secondary, just cos you have to have one...so...

/discuss!

critical vengeance
23-08-2006, 19:28
until i figure out what skills and stuff i will have i just plan to go /mo for a rez... it will be much needed in missions where you have no clue what you are doing.

Warrior for adrenline and stuff for synergy might be nice, but still i think the rez is the most important thing until you can actually build a decent build.

Zaxares
24-08-2006, 06:50
I'm going Paragon/Dervish just so I can unlock some Dervish skills on the side. :tongue:

zweistein
24-08-2006, 07:36
I admit this is a fairly shameless thieving of the Dervish forum's "Secondary profession for a..."

But...I think a decent discussion on suitable paragon secondaries, and what people will be intending to level with.

I'm genuinely leaving it open to randomnity at the moment, so far I cant find a valid need for a secondary, I can do what I want to do with just a P primary, but I need a secondary, just cos you have to have one...so...

/discuss!

/W

w gives you:

* skill compatibility - warrior skills are built for same amount of energy regen pips, only warriors have skills that can work with leadership.
* utility - warrior has adrenaline management skills

critical vengeance
24-08-2006, 14:27
Well i think anet has somethign in mind when they gave the power for an addition 2 pips of energy regeneration. Yeah adrenline would be good though, espcially since warriors have a lot of shouts and such, watch yourself has already been proven to be nice energy managment help.

skaspaakssa
24-08-2006, 15:04
If I get Nightfall, I will probably either be P/W for more shouts and stuff or P/R for bow attacks while I'm waiting for adrenaline or something.

critical vengeance
24-08-2006, 15:42
you know a r/p with barrage could load up on those costly adrenline paragon skills with barrage... if you gain adrenline for each you hit, not sure though i'll have to try it next event.

Therese Fireside
24-08-2006, 17:04
P/R, I had super good luck in the pvp areana with apply poison and trolls

critical vengeance
24-08-2006, 17:30
P/R, I had super good luck in the pvp areana with apply poison and trolls

Sounds cool, but how did you handle the energy... well i guess if a warrior could, still i guess you were using spears, but you wouldn't be able to use many that require energy... would you?

Mr Panda
24-08-2006, 17:59
Zealous? Spears did hit fairly fast and would give a large energy gain with an IAS

Archer of Leonesse
24-08-2006, 19:37
when you go warrior, you can use the weapons too because of the same armor only you won't have max attributes

Brunestud Family
24-08-2006, 20:39
Paragon/Warrior to use watch yourself

Low cost : 4 adrenaline
no need to run 10 in tactic line
give back energy
renew your echo

Depending of the mission other shout like "shield up" are also useful

Fenix Aurion
25-08-2006, 01:19
My friend suggested making a p/w. it'd be an offensive paragon that focusses on spear mastery, leadership, and tactics. I don't know if this will work, I still need to check out all the paragon skills. (wasnt able to try them out) Does any1 have any comments or suggestions?

critical vengeance
25-08-2006, 01:34
Well if your going to build up on all the adrenline you should defiantly use it, if your going paragon primary there a lot of nice skills that will cause you and your allys to set the enemy on fire

Let's just hope for speed your ias is not frenzy, i can see it now, rrreeargh frenzy, warrior loses agrro and you get killed. Of course you do have a lot of energy. I think between the mentioned by the OP zealous spears with an ias is good energy mangement, combine that with adrenline and you have a mobile spear chucking ownage machine thingy :P

Besides heal signet plus frenzy seem bad, but if your not getting attacked it probably isn't... still p/w should be great too, i would go for a rez until you get enough skills to work out a viable build, usually in the beginning everyone dies and no one has a rez left, not to mention when you only have like 8 skills total chances are they are not the ones you really want. Espcially when you have to split your attributes when you only have half of them anyway.

Mr Panda
25-08-2006, 09:19
Aria of Power and high leadership makes stupid energy management - it gives the paragon +2 energy regen, and ends on a cast spell. For a P/W or a P/R you wouldn't have any spells to cast...(Apart from shove :p)

Looks like warrior is coming out a strong choice though

critical vengeance
25-08-2006, 19:31
what do you mean by stupid :P? i just don't get what you mean.

Mr Panda
25-08-2006, 21:53
what do you mean by stupid :P? i just don't get what you mean.

Stupid as in Paragons get along fine with two pips, the extra is giving a somewhat...redundant bonus of energy, I said it was stupid because it gives you a stupidly high energy regain, and in any other circumstances, would be elite...

Oh and it affects allies too.

<nerf>

Or at least it deserves it, but thats why it's stupid. It'll be on my skillbar :grin:

critical vengeance
25-08-2006, 22:15
I'm going to be standing in front of that skill like a hippee stands in front of a tree, it seems like an awesome skill, imagine the power! lol, i loved that skill when i saw it.

this is not me by the way...

http://www.whittlingwood.com/gallery/albums/brisvegas/27_G.jpg

Seyfert
26-08-2006, 02:22
warrior basically because for all the reasons already mentioned