PDA

View Full Version : Critical barrager just got better?

critical vengeance
26-08-2006, 15:35
Aria of Power

For 10-40 seconds, each ally within earshot gains 2 Energy regeneration until that ally casts a spell. 25 1 45

-SO now even with an option of a switchable zealous mod you can gain an additional pip of energy, or 2 for that matter.

Go for the Eyes!

For 10 seconds, the next time each ally within earshot makes an attack, that attack has an additional 25-75% chance to be a critical hit. 4 (adrenal) None None

If go for the eyes works on the entire barrage and not just 1 arrow... then it should be awesome energy since with high criticals you should gain a ton of energy.

Although you could not use sharpen daggars, you could use any preperation and or apply poison.

So eh hopfully yeah go for the eyes works on the whole volley...otherwise the idea is kind of :undecided:

meatloafman
26-08-2006, 16:30
preparations dont work with barrage :(

those sound like paragon skills, and the fact that you have to have a team member to be paragon secondary kinda makes this... umm... not good?
and also seeing as how the aria of power thing only works on paragons wars sin's and rangers i dont see how useful that would be to a b/p group per se.

critical vengeance
26-08-2006, 16:52
preparations dont work with barrage :(

those sound like paragon skills, and the fact that you have to have a team member to be paragon secondary kinda makes this... umm... not good?
and also seeing as how the aria of power thing only works on paragons wars sin's and rangers i dont see how useful that would be to a b/p group per se.

:duh: forgot about the preperation thing.

Anyway, i ment for the paragon to be on the team, but the barrage/critical barrager would be another member. This paragon would just buff them up.

Why wouldn't it work well, b/p groups.. can you imagine rangers with 5 pips of energy? Expertise and higher regenertion that a caster = ZOMG :wink:

Works on ritualists too, if you time when they use boon of creation and if they are a protect spirit rit or just all communing.

Zingeri
26-08-2006, 17:02
This makes critical barragers worse, and normal barragers better.

Critical Barragers no longer have the Energy advantage. However, neither type had Energy problems with a Zealous bow, anyways.

"Go for the Eyes" only affects one arrow of the Barrage.

critical vengeance
26-08-2006, 17:31
crap... so this sucks :P But eh.. didn't rangers always have the energy advantage? 2 energy per barrage 1 with zealous even if you are only hitting one thing.

VILenin
27-08-2006, 19:40
Aria of Power = completely h4x3d. Will be nerfed, guaranteed.

critical vengeance
27-08-2006, 19:48
Aria of Power = completely h4x3d. Will be nerfed, guaranteed.

:cry: It's not THHHAAAT good... but is a nice skill... if they do nerf it i hope they just make it an elite and not ruin the concept of giving energy.

Ragnarok-
28-08-2006, 02:08
It's not overpowered at all. Think about it- which classes actually need energy? Casters

What do casters do with their energy? Cast spells.

What happens when you cast a spell under Aria? Yeah...

critical vengeance
28-08-2006, 02:16
It's not overpowered at all. Think about it- which classes actually need energy? Casters

What do casters do with their energy? Cast spells.

What happens when you cast a spell under Aria? Yeah...

well said :afro: i like this skill, better not get nerfed :smiley:

Bozo69PD
28-08-2006, 04:39
sigh, no one ever listens to me. Lyric of zeal or whatever its called. It's practically spammable.

+10 energy everytime you use a signet. ummmm what class doesn't have a good signet to use? none. Use signet of devotion get mp, use healing signet get mp, use barbed signet get mp, use signet of midnight get mp. :D

fallot
28-08-2006, 10:37
sigh, no one ever listens to me. Lyric of zeal or whatever its called. It's practically spammable.

Holy ****, I'm listening! That's a great skill. The only issue may be the combined adrenaline cost and recharge which means it isn't as spammable as you think. 5 seconds of downtime then time required to build adrenaline. Still, that's pretty nuts.

MaximumSquid
28-08-2006, 13:31
Ragnarok- Yeah I can see it being completely worthless for most, but what about spell casters that can get away with using mostly touch skills?

The buff won't vanish then. . .

Now you could run some scary builds since you don't have to worry about e-management.

A front loaded touch ranger is just the first one I can think of, but there are plenty more even now without the new skills from Nightfall.

fire nin
28-08-2006, 17:33
What about eles we don't got many/any sigs :\

Bozo69PD
28-08-2006, 19:31
hmmm true glyphs aren't signets

oh well time to take a secondary to be good like ele's always gotta do :P

critical vengeance
28-08-2006, 23:21
Well glyphs are skills too, that one skill gives energy the next you use a skill.