PDA

View Full Version : Protector title for cantha

NOR
27-08-2006, 11:12
If you can please leave some tips on how to beat the Vizunah Square(foreign quarter), Nahpui Quarter and Tahnnakai Temple mission in under 20 mins i miss the 20 min time limit everytime with a masters pug

MorpheousX
28-08-2006, 00:27
I would suggest for the Vizanuh square mission Getting a balanced group with an MM. Then zone into an international district. Start mission. Almost always thier won't be a party of people on the other end. This can work to your benifit as the hench never let togo die and clear the enemy everytime. Then what can I say kill, kill, kill. I have gotten masters this way twice.

Zaxares
28-08-2006, 02:34
There are a bunch of helpful tips for Nahpui Quarter in this thread:

http://forums.gwonline.net/showthread.php?t=401617

I think there's some advice for Tahnnakai Temple buried in there too.

NOR
29-08-2006, 02:23
thank you both very much.

please anyone else with tips leave them

NOR
05-09-2006, 04:07
Update: i know have my protector title for cantha

Thanks again for your tips they helped

chubbypuppy
05-09-2006, 23:46
BTW what's the "13th" mission that I need for Cantha Protector? Thanks.

WhiteHat
06-09-2006, 01:03
if you tell us the 12 that you have, we can tell you the 13th....

but have you killed shiro? that's the last mission - you've got about 30seconds to do it.

chubbypuppy
06-09-2006, 01:06
I have these (I usually do Eternal Grove):

1. Minister Cho's Estate
2. Zen Daijun
3. Vizunah Square (2 Party Mission)
4. Nahpui Quarter
5. Tahnnakai Temple
6. Arborstone
7. Boreas Seabed
8. Sunjiang District

9. The Eternal Grove
10. Unwaking Waters (2 Party Mission)

OR

9. Gyala Hatchery
10. Unwaking Waters (2 Party Mission)

11. Raisu Palace
12. Imperial Sanctum

I don't know what the 13th one is. Some other post mentioned something about a 10k mission that I skipped...

Erikir
06-09-2006, 01:59
You have to do both Gyala and Eternal Grove.

chubbypuppy
06-09-2006, 17:16
Ack does that mean I need to get 10k luxon factions as well to do Gyala? :cry:

Nathardia
06-09-2006, 17:18
Yes, indeed.

Mr Snuggles
06-09-2006, 21:52
i pride myself on having the protector of cantha title on my assassin (probably one of the few sins that do, due to discrimination against them).

I got fed up of being rejected from groups cause i was too 'fragile', so i made my own groups.

for tannakai temple, i had myself, 1 tank, 2 nukes, 1mm, 1 ss and 2 monks. however i kinda did this build for the other missions as well, being v successful.

the secret though, is to not waste time on regen but to always be pressing onwards. i learnt this when i was in a totally newb group in naphui. a ranger kept on attacking unnecessary groups, lack of communication led to having 2prots and no heals. even though it was chaos, we still got masters. this is because i wudnt let the group rest. we got masters by the skin of our teeth, but this tactic led me to finally getting my prot of cantha title :D

hope this info is useful for u

WhiteHat
07-09-2006, 01:14
Ack does that mean I need to get 10k luxon factions as well to do Gyala? :cry:

IMHO luxon faction is far easier to get than kurzick.

Tips:

If you're in a luxon guild, make sure you play AB when the line is deep in luxon territory - there's less glory from winning, but you're almost garanteed a win do to the bias of the map.

When the line is deep in kurzick territory, play Fort aspenwood for a few hours.

I'm working on my second set of luxon 15k armor - after about 1 week of not-very-hardcore playing I'm at 48jadeite shards (that's 48,000 faction gained).

easy. :cool:

chubbypuppy
07-09-2006, 17:33
OK so I need to get to 10k for BOTH kurzick and luxon so I can do the stupid missions, but if I get factions on one side I lose it on the other side, no? How do people get protector title on multiple characters? Or am I confused in that I only lose factions when I get amber with my kurzick faction points...

Endamir
07-09-2006, 18:06
You ONLY lose faction points when you trade them for amber/jade OR when you transfer it to your guild/alliance. If you have done the Kurzick part, then i suggest you trade/transfer your faction before going to the Luxon storyline.

chubbypuppy
07-09-2006, 18:10
OK, so as long as I dont transfer to guild/alliance or trade for amber/jade (I can always buy), then my 10k kurzick is ok while I gain luxon points? Great!

I would like 10k on both sides so all my chars can do both missions. Thanks!

meteo
07-09-2006, 18:22
OK, so as long as I dont transfer to guild/alliance or trade for amber/jade (I can always buy), then my 10k kurzick is ok while I gain luxon points? Great!

I would like 10k on both sides so all my chars can do both missions. Thanks!

But, when both sides have equal amount factions, you can't do business in their towns.

:sad:

davepesc
11-09-2006, 04:59
Your best bet is to get all your characters befriended to the Kurzicks on the same 10k Faction. Dump that K faction (I hate to waste) and bild 10k Luxon faction. Then, befriend all your characters on the other side.

As for masters:
Vizunah: I've only done it as a Local, but have come close on the other side many times, even missing it by ONE SECOND (arrrgh!) As has been said, Henchies on the other side can be a good thing. For your team, grab at least 1 MM (there are enough corpses for 2 though) and focus on making Fiends (ranged attackers). They last a lot longer and do more damage than horrors.
Limit melee attackers to a couple warriors and let them try to bunch up the afflicted, avoiding the explosions whenever possible.
After that, run, run, run! And be serious, no skill capping, no chest opening, no regen, just go. I made it with 90 seconds to spare.

Naphui: I've heard that splitting into 2 teams is the best way, but I did it as one by just killing and running. Don't know why it worked once when it failed so many other times...sorry.

Temple: Hell if I know. I got it once on my Ranger. Kill fast and run (notice a theme?) There is a lot of wasted time in this mission waiting for doors to open, just like Vizunah. 20 min. is probably more like 18 when you take out the waiting.
only advice: don't save the bosses for last because they start moving to the door as soon as they die. Hopefully, the freed spirit will be there waiting for you by the time you kill the last afflicted.

NOR
12-09-2006, 02:42
Temple: Hell if I know. I got it once on my Ranger. Kill fast and run (notice a theme?) There is a lot of wasted time in this mission waiting for doors to open, just like Vizunah. 20 min. is probably more like 18 when you take out the waiting.
only advice: don't save the bosses for last because they start moving to the door as soon as they die. Hopefully, the freed spirit will be there waiting for you by the time you kill the last afflicted.

good advice on killing the bosses first it does help, killing them last and waiting on them is painfull. Another tip is when your at the necro boss dont aggro the right side they just take up time cause you dont have to kill them. Also bring have your war bring charge, have your team ball up and use it to run after the gate opens saves a lil bit of time. I used charge on all three of the mission i needed to master and i think it helped.

You know if you beat this mission or not by how much time you have when you get to the last boss my team had 24 mins stored up when the last gate opened, if you have less than 22 mins you might not get masters.