PDA

View Full Version : spike n split

deathy
28-08-2006, 14:30
http://gwshack.us/8f700

no attribs atm sorry:embarassed:

basically idea is to spike them at flag stand with assassin ganking from the start, then depending on their response, we can play 7:1, 6:2, 5:3, 4:4, and even potentionally 3:5

possible changes:

assassin:
don't know enough about assassins, need help

shock axe:
to the limit instead of heal sig for faster spikes?

support wammo:
rush?, maybe bulls strike and sun and moon instead of sever+gash(already 2 copies of deep wound, and allows for faster adren and therefore spiking)

ele:
need to try it out, but heal party and extinguish might not be needed(i highly doubt it though)

crip:
whirling defence, distortion, focused shot, debilitating shot are all possibilities

rt:
soothing instead of shadow song or displacement?

blessed light:
mend ailment instead of condition? possiblity to go /a or change mesmer skills

boon prot:
ailment instead of condition?, mantra of recall is a possiblity

---------------

The build would be played on either warrior isle or isle of meditation(the one with two flags)

Thanks for any helps you can give me...

Btw...don't flame because of the rt, the build is not designed to turtle up until vod(although if it goes to vod its basically a garuanteed victory)

I thought about switching the rt for another assassin ganker but then that kinda defeats the whole point of the build ^^

Anyway thanks...

ZiegDivine
28-08-2006, 23:14
Ritualist: If you're playing a rit lord, you'll have no time to spike with doom. By the time that you're done putting down 4 spirits, the first one will be recharged and ready to replace (it's about to die anyway, by the time you'll finish casting it, it'll die off by itself). IMO Soothing is the better choice than displacement, more defense there, but it's a personal preference.

Assassin: The assassin is supposed to be a ganker, not much use for recall there. Some guilds have made it work before (iB had a very interesting 2 man gank team, W/A and A/E both with recall), but for the most part it's just crazy. He doesn't look like he has too much damage output either (the only way to do a damaging skill is to cast shock ... gee gee exhaustion). IMO you're better off with the premade, hot stepper, than the build that you made.

Warriors: Don't take out the sever + gash combo from the sword, if the build is designed to split, both of the warriors should have a deep wound skill.

Mr Dbest
29-08-2006, 01:20
Uhh not so sure bout Zieg's dropping Displacment for Soothing....On a rit spammer i like displacment because of the breathing space it gives while it's up...But i agree, drop Doom....It almost never works on a rit spammer...Put soothing in for it if u want...But if u do decide to keep doom, i would say drop Shadowsong...

Don't have much to say about Sin, so i won't comment...

On the Shock and Sword WAr...I would drop the sig because it just unnceccesarily diverts attr points...I usually run dist blow in its place...

On monks, keep Mend Cond....It easily beats Mend Ail because of its 2 second recharge....

Also, not sure about everyone else, but my guild runs atleast one Hard REzzer for wen someone important drops, so u mite want 2 consider taking that on ure build.....=]

Hendrixbrother
29-08-2006, 07:27
Recall's not a good idea. Consider... Golden Pheonix Strike, Caltrops, and Death's Charge. Also dstab is flexible, some people like it, some take 2 of the above 3 skills.

I'd probably take distortion over dodge on the crip shot.

Doom is pretty trash. Soothing is pretty ftw.

You have two prot spirits. Sub one for spirit bond and you will love life.

Oh, and definitely do not drop healing signet. Strength sucks anyways.

Nortos
29-08-2006, 07:47
On the assassin caltrops is always nice the wars i would keep as they are and rit i would swap doom so can also add in soothing.
IBs build one of them actually ran one ***/ele and 2 war/assas :P who recalled the assassin and he aoded some1 at flag stand they fought at flag the wars then got rid of recall once assassin at base once finished ganking they reput recall and assassin aoded back and they recalled back. Which i thought was very nice :)

anti faust
29-08-2006, 09:19
its a staple build imo, switch recall for somethin else on the sin

deathy
29-08-2006, 09:28
are there any characters that may have give a strong defence like a ritualist and is able to spike? as im not sure if without mesmer support orb and 2 warriors will be enough

I was thinking recall on the guild theif, but looks like i have to rethink the whole character

im keeping my heal sigs ^^

the only character a hard res is viable on is the ritualist, and im not sure it would even be needed, if a monk goes down you want to fast res them, and if we splitting then there will not be many non monk players left with the rt

about keeping mend condition - yeah but what if they split?

Dodge is the one skill on the cripshot that i look at and think wtf, but then i realise that at least at the beginning, it will be the primary flag runner, ill test it out, and if he gets eaten alive, then ill switch it, my concern was that he wouldn't have enough attributes...

about the spirit bond comment, again i thought about it, what what about when they are split?

Kelwind Mickey
29-08-2006, 10:42
Assassin: In my opinon, just run the Hot-Stepper premade build, it works great. One option for it would be too take out Plague Touch for Shock, so you can get Shock + Falling Spider + Twisting Fangs incase somehow you don't get the kd from Horns of the Ox.

Shock Axe: Nothing wrong there except that you should take out Healing Signet for another skill, possibly a third adrenaline skill such as Disrupting Chop? Though you've already said your keeping your healing signets, so fair enough.

Sword War: Nothing wrong with that build either except for that fact that I reckon you should take out Empathetic Removal for another elite such as either "Charge!" or Bull's Charge, they're both useful elites for a sword warrior (never use any of the sword elites, they all suck IMO xD).

Support Ele: While this is just me, you might want to take out Draw Conditions for Windbourne Speed incase you need to do some dual flag running, though this is just my opinon. Otherwise it's mostly fine.

Cripshot: Being a flag runner there's no real point in using Resurrection Signet as you'll mostly be away from the team in my opinon, you should just take our Rez Sig for another skill, possibly another running one, but yeah that's just me.

Ritualist: Take our Doom for another skill, such as Flesh of my Flesh as a hard rez. Then I guess take out Rez Sig for a Mesmer Mantra skill (I forget which one) so you won't get interupted on your FomF. IMO, take out Displacement for Soothing. Soothing's pretty awesome - basically it stops their warriors from doing much =/

Monks: Yeah I don't really see anything wrong there, though i'd say stick with Mend Condition, it's alot better than Mend Ailment. Only use Mend Ailment if your say the only monk there.

Yeah, this is just my opinon and i'm not entirely sure what you mean by spiking at the flag stand? You won't always be able to get a kill that quick in some battles. I'd say just split from the start, but that's just me. And always have one warrior, one asssassin on the attack team, with a monk and if you're running a 4/4 split, then probably get the elementalist aswell. If your running only 2/6 then just get the assassin + a monk.

deathy
29-08-2006, 14:12
[QUOTE=Kelwind Mickey]Assassin: In my opinon, just run the Hot-Stepper premade build, it works great. One option for it would be too take out Plague Touch for Shock, so you can get Shock + Falling Spider + Twisting Fangs incase somehow you don't get the kd from Horns of the Ox.
need to work out excatly what to do with the assassin

Shock Axe: Nothing wrong there except that you should take out Healing Signet for another skill, possibly a third adrenaline skill such as Disrupting Chop? Though you've already said your keeping your healing signets, so fair enough.
healing signet is something i will moniter in our gvgs to see if it justifies being in the build, but at the moment i think it is the best option, especially when the warrior will often be in situations with only 1 monk with him

Sword War: Nothing wrong with that build either except for that fact that I reckon you should take out Empathetic Removal for another elite such as either "Charge!" or Bull's Charge, they're both useful elites for a sword warrior (never use any of the sword elites, they all suck IMO xD).
emphatic removal is the whole point of the build^^, to keep a split clean if it doesnt have a monk, and basically works just like expel hexes does everywhere else
if i was to take out emphatic, i would just go with a hammer build

Support Ele: While this is just me, you might want to take out Draw Conditions for Windbourne Speed incase you need to do some dual flag running, though this is just my opinon. Otherwise it's mostly fine.
i've just realised that the wammo can take on the role of a drawer, so im going to consider switching it

Cripshot: Being a flag runner there's no real point in using Resurrection Signet as you'll mostly be away from the team in my opinon, you should just take our Rez Sig for another skill, possibly another running one, but yeah that's just me.
i thought about the whole res sig issue, and realised that once i start saying that the crip wil be running, wont need a res, ele might be running, wont need a res etc, it soon leaves very few res sigs, again i will test this out and then maybe change it though

Ritualist: Take our Doom for another skill, such as Flesh of my Flesh as a hard rez. Then I guess take out Rez Sig for a Mesmer Mantra skill (I forget which one) so you won't get interupted on your FomF. IMO, take out Displacement for Soothing. Soothing's pretty awesome - basically it stops their warriors from doing much =/
i will probably swap doom for soothing, but apart from that i will keep the sig, i considered a hard res but most of the time the rt should be far away, and often there will be many people splitting so that the only times anyone goes down is when a monk goes down, and when a monk goes down you want them up asap, with a res sig

Monks: Yeah I don't really see anything wrong there, though i'd say stick with Mend Condition, it's alot better than Mend Ailment. Only use Mend Ailment if your say the only monk there.
normally condition>ailment, but its all about when we splitting...

Yeah, this is just my opinon and i'm not entirely sure what you mean by spiking at the flag stand? You won't always be able to get a kill that quick in some battles. I'd say just split from the start, but that's just me. And always have one warrior, one asssassin on the attack team, with a monk and if you're running a 4/4 split, then probably get the elementalist aswell. If your running only 2/6 then just get the assassin + a monk.

6/2 split with monks split up? O.o :shocked:
spike:

ele gales 1 monk
warrior shocks other monk
orb, evis, exec, final thrust

gale+shock hopefully means little healing

orb+evis(dw), exec, final thrust =

(assuming no prot spirit =( )

140+~110+~80dw+~110+~130 =

580, hopefully enough to spike them =)

and if the assassin means our crip doesnt have to run flags then its nearer 700

ZiegDivine
29-08-2006, 18:50
i've just realised that the wammo can take on the role of a drawer, so im going to consider switching it

Do you know why a drawer is there? To get rid of blind on the warriors in 1/4 a sec. If you put it on a wammo, it'll take you 1.5 sec to get rid of blind, enough time for your target to run away. Your spikes will be too slow, and once they realize what you're doing, empathic will be interrupted anyway, so constant blind on the wammo at that point in the match.

deathy
29-08-2006, 20:41
Do you know why a drawer is there? To get rid of blind on the warriors in 1/4 a sec. If you put it on a wammo, it'll take you 1.5 sec to get rid of blind, enough time for your target to run away. Your spikes will be too slow, and once they realize what you're doing, empathic will be interrupted anyway, so constant blind on the wammo at that point in the match.

Hey! Don't eat me! I said consider!

lol, seriously though good point :embarassed:

ZiegDivine
30-08-2006, 03:24
Sorry, didn't mean to come off so flippant.

deathy
08-09-2006, 11:03
any other advice?