PDA

View Full Version : It's EASY to win as Kurzick in Fort Aspenwood!!

Valerria
29-08-2006, 02:47
All you need is:

a couple of monks to heal the gate NPCs;
a ritualist in case dime-a-dozen necros bring Well of Profane;
a couple of runners to cap mines and run amber;
a couple of degeners to kill or interrupt the turtle.

See, that's not so hard is it?!
What? It's random teams?! What do you mean all you get on your team are assassins and mesmers who only kill players?! :shocked:

Ok no problem...just switch to Luxon side. All you need to win is:

People who can click on the two commanders once in a while.

DarkZeal
29-08-2006, 02:56
All you need is:

a couple of monks to heal the gate NPCs;
a ritualist in case dime-a-dozen necros bring Well of Profane;
a couple of runners to cap mines and run amber;
a couple of degeners to kill or interrupt the turtle.

See, that's not so hard is it?!
What? It's random teams?! What do you mean all you get on your team are assassins and mesmers who only kill players?! :shocked:

Ok no problem...just switch to Luxon side. All you need to win is:

People who can click on the two commanders once in a while.

That pretty much covers it. If you have one decent monk even with 7 wammos on Kurzick side, you pretty much win.

nudged
29-08-2006, 02:57
A friend an I did some experiments last night on the luxon side (he needed the jadeite). Between my poisonous longbow and vampiric shortbow, his memsering and a little help from our seconday professions, ritualist and necromancer, we had no trouble taking down the gates by ourselves very quickly, without using the turtle.

You just need four good attackers on the luxon side and both sets of gates can be down before the first amber run has completed.

The problem with the map is, as OP pointed out, you need the entire kurzick team to work as one, while it really only takes two luxons to work together to counteract any possible defense.

Archenine Paranoia
29-08-2006, 03:16
No monk on kurzick side = gg.

jvxmtg
29-08-2006, 03:21
What? It's random teams?! What do you mean all you get on your team are assassins and mesmers who only kill players?!

lol, that's highly unlikely, but funny. :grin:

There are easy wins in this map and that's what makes it great instead of a solid team builds vs a solid team builds...that's boring and that's why I don't watch any GvG matches.

SteveLord
29-08-2006, 03:26
degeners for the turtles?

yeah i fought a group that thought they could kill them easily like that.

then i spammed dwaynas kiss healing for 200-300hp.

as a monk, there are so many easy spells to use on Wammo tanks to help push in, and especially when you get to the last 3 NPCs. i dont even bother with much energy management or self healing since its rare people even notice me.

spirit bond, healing seed, vigorous spirit, dwaynas kiss, life sheath. just to name a few.....yum.

of course, ive been stuck with weak teams full of frail assassins and other softies before. if i dont have a tank to follow, it sucks.

Valerria
29-08-2006, 03:53
degeners for the turtles?

yeah i fought a group that thought they could kill them easily like that.

then i spammed dwaynas kiss healing for 200-300hp.

as a monk, there are so many easy spells to use on Wammo tanks to help push in, and especially when you get to the last 3 NPCs. i dont even bother with much energy management or self healing since its rare people even notice me.

Pardon me Sir, but are you speaking from the Luxon perspective? Do you enjoy rubbing salt in maggot-infested gaping wounds and taking lollipops from the hands of kindergarteners? :sunny:

Branskins
29-08-2006, 03:59
So true! Once I played Jade Quarry during the weekend I stopped caring for Fort Aspenwood. Jade Quarry seems to be a little more fair.

They should not make maps that puts one team at a disadvantage!

IlikeGW
29-08-2006, 04:02
How on earth did you get a match to start at Jade Quarry?

Fyre Brand
29-08-2006, 04:51
How on earth did you get a match to start at Jade Quarry?Hahaha. I was wondering the same thing. I played a few horrid matches at FA and decided I should take a break. I didn't have JQ mapped so I grabbed the henchies and hopped over there in a few minutes. There was one local district and no one was in it. There was not one single person in the int district. I clicked "enter" waited there, grabbed a beer from the fridge, and gabbed on guild chat a bit. I never entered a match and not one person entered the district in over 30 minutes.

As for FA. It could be such a fun map. I still like to play it, but the random part sucks. On a good day it's good on a bad day it's boring. Throw in leechers and then those who kindly leave because of leechers and it soon becomes not a fun place at all.

Grumpy old shiro
29-08-2006, 05:02
Lol I played on JQ during the last event, tons of people there and lots of games. Let me just say this about FA; I will never, never, NEVER go back to that horrid little map and there's not a force on earth that will make me say otherwise.

I played on JQ and thought, "wow, what a wonderfully well made map with excellent balance and gameplay," then I went back to FA for one round and felt the need to drive nails through my hands.

Saddest part of all this is the poor person who made such great map like JQ, and has to watch such a great place slowly die because someone else got dropped on his head as a kid and was put in charge of FA.

Serendipity
29-08-2006, 09:59
The problem is that if the map was'not random.

You would pick something like 5 Monks, and 3 Ritualist and then good luck too kill Gunther.

Servant of Kali
29-08-2006, 10:06
lol at some people here

Jade Quarry seems to be a little more fair.

JQ isnt balanced, pathways are such that Kurzicks reach cap points faster IMO.

And JQ is bugged, so if you think that it's fair to be beaten by CC/Traversal players.. then great. I dont want to exploit but in order to be 'even' with those who do.

Conclusion: both maps are flawed and in 3 months Anet didnt lift a finger.

rentauri
30-08-2006, 17:24
Anet wont lift a finger. Why should they? Nightfall is coming and they dont give a damn about something that isnt the new cash crop. Not that I can blame them, go where the money is, however it should have been fixed before hand. Wait it was, they color coated the Luxons and Kurzicks so you can tell who is who because everyone was confused about which were luxons and which were kurzicks.

I got to actually see the JQ map once but I was to busy mapping the place to fight (didnt know when I would get back in) so whether it is fair or not I cant say.

To me the biggest pain in the *** is the AI in Aspenwood. Granted this would affect the Luxons to some degree but the idiocy of the AI is riduclous.

The gatekeepers locked in the safety of the Green Gate will run out randomly, if the gate is open, and take forever to get back in. Next the guards for the mines (both Luxon and Kurzick) and the gate guards stupidly stand there and do nothing but attack but and dont move. My nuker can drop any of the mine guards and most of the gates by himself because they seem to enjoy the rain called Firestorm. I mean, I may have forgotten but wasnt there AI updated last year to make the targets run if hit with something like that? mUst not have gotten pushed out to Aspenwood. Finally there is the Gatekeepers and Gunther himself. All three of them are a Touchy Feely Rangers wet dream. They dont move and take no real activate defense for themselves. I dont know how many luxon R/N's Ive seen run in and plant themselves in front of a gatekeeper and attack him like straving man at an all you can eat buffet.

Personally I think Aspenwood is a piss poor design that encourges Leeching thankfully when Nightfall comes out many will have moved on to the next exploit Anet doesnt care about.

Cirian
01-09-2006, 14:33
I was playing my mass healer in FA last night on the Luxon side and getting all wins until finally, the Kurzicks had 3... THREE monks hold the last NPC of the Green Gate alive :huh: One had Spell Breaker and a load of heals, one had a host of protections, and the other was probably reclining in a chair sipping cocktails - the Luxon team just had no way to strip all that protection off :shocked: Just one of those games I guess! :laughing:

Grumpy old shiro
02-09-2006, 04:34
Lol we need monk/rit/rangers teams only in there...it'd be awesome.

peasant
02-09-2006, 15:59
*sigh*

get your facts straight, JQ is completely balanced, the path to the middle mine is the exact same distance from both sides.

i excessively played JQ on the weekend, on both sides, and no matter from where i started, i capped it first. (sorry for owning you rangers with my burning speed ;)

the only thing that should be changed is making all npcs invulnerable until the game starts, but hey, both team have the option to take advantage of that.

EternalSoul
02-09-2006, 23:49
Originall Posted by Cirian
I was playing my mass healer in FA last night on the Luxon side and getting all wins until finally, the Kurzicks had 3... THREE monks hold the last NPC of the Green Gate alive One had Spell Breaker and a load of heals, one had a host of protections, and the other was probably reclining in a chair sipping tails - the Luxon team just had no way to strip all that protection off Just one of those games I guess!

Heh if you had had tranquility I think it is it woulda messed em up since spell breaker and the protections would've lasted much shorter. I remember that happening to me once but I was smart enough to attack the spirits despite my team being incapable of such a thing. I think we would've lost if I hadn't of gotten rid of those spirits (other one was NR) cause ther was awfully close to dying a couple times. His name is ther right? it's been awhile since I've played...

Ira Blinks
05-09-2006, 03:45
spirit bonder works pretty well... even when facing heavy strips you still can slow down at least one side by alot.
Wrote guide somewhere on guru, too lazy to type again...

EDIT:
also there is a PBAoE build I played for a while. http://forums.gwonline.net/showpost.php?p=4355454&postcount=5
works pretty well to.

Cirian
06-09-2006, 17:28
EDIT:
also there is a PBAoE build I played for a while. http://forums.gwonline.net/showpost.php?p=4355454&postcount=5
works pretty well to.

Oh hey, I was on the wrong end of a E/A teleport bomber once and boy do I not want to run into that again... very fragile, but one hell of a punch! It included Shock to keep the target down and then it was kinda bam-bam-bam with pbaoe :hang:

I imagine the turtles + co. would drop rather quickly to that. Maybe use Death's Charge and Return as the teleports, incorporate Shock, Aftershock, Crystal Wave (and its duplicate), Shockwave{e}, Sliver Armour... hmm, maybe I'll roll up a PvP character tonight :scratch:

Ira Blinks
07-09-2006, 03:45
ugh no, those are pretty lame... You will get 2 PBAoE hits at most before target moves out, thanks to the aftercast...

Tokpile Quohog
07-09-2006, 03:45
Ran into a couple of E/A's in arenas. I was like "oh ****" and stayed back while my teammate got blasted to death then I went in and kill the E/A.
But seriously, those E/A's are scary stuff.