PDA

View Full Version : Helpful things for you neighborhood minion master

critical vengeance
02-09-2006, 01:23
Never Surrender!

http://www.gwonline.net/wiki/images/d/d0/Pa_neversurrender.jpg
For 10 seconds, all allies within earshot and bellow 50% Health gain, + 1-8 Health regeneration. 5 energy None 20 recharge

Can you say more useful than verata's sacrifice? Minions are always getting the junk beat out of them and this helps keep them in the game.

verata's Sacrifice
Sacrifice 15% max health. For 5-10 seconds, all undead allies gain 10 health regeneration. All conditions are removed from those allies and transferred to you. Recharges instantly if you have 3 or fewer undead servants 10 energy 2 second cast 60 second recharge

Stand your Ground!

http://www.gwonline.net/wiki/images/c/c8/Pa_standground.jpg

For 10-35 seconds, all allies within earshot receive +24 armor when not moving. 5 energy None 45 second recharge

Maybe even combine this with watch yourself to have +44 armor to your teams minions, i'm sure increasing their armor is very nice.

Brace Yourself!

http://www.gwonline.net/wiki/images/2/24/Pa_braceyourself.jpg
For 5-15 seconds, the next time target other ally would be knocke down, one nearby foe takes 15-75 damage instead. 5 energy None 12 recharge

Not super useful but still aoe knockdowns like those stomp skills in tyria and dragon stomp combined with 10 minions = 750 armor ignoring damage to their nearby foes, though divivided out between foes, could be useful if only 2-3 left. Of course get some warriors and dervishes in there too and even more damage all around.

Go for the Eyes!

http://www.gwonline.net/wiki/images/8/8d/Pa_goforeyes.jpg
For 10 seconds, the next time each ally within earshot makes an attack, that attack has an additional 25-75% chance to be a critical hit. 4 (adrenal) None None

Not sure how much a critical hit from a minions means but it would help a lot it would seem.

So eh, that's just what i saw from the skills, anyway they look quite promising baring nerfs and adjustments.

Woop Shotty
02-09-2006, 01:54
Wow, that's really awesome minion buffing you figured out there. Kind of makes me look forward to Paragons more than before!

All of them are command skills except for "Never Surrender!" which is good.

Think it'd be a possibility to have Flesh Golem on the Paragon and do some sort of 2man? I wonder.

So I guess N/P is also a possibility with the named skills.

critical vengeance
02-09-2006, 02:32
Well i didn't totally think them up, more or less just organized the stuff and compared it to verata's sacrifice for one thing, it just shows that skills became kind of bad. Actually they are all command, to technically a secondary mm could do it, but really i have seen necromancer/monk's do great, i would personally just add a paragon since 1 you'll have a lot of them 2 might as well have the attributes higher than 12.

One thing also useful is you not only buff the minions but all your teamates will be buffed, like never surrender can help the minion master too, since they might over sac and gain the regen. Not to mention any other allies in the front line will defiantly like the +8 or so regen with monks or ritualists healing.

Overall though not only are you helping minions, but really frontline fighters (Warrior and dervishes, even assassins) like i said would probably love +44 armor if you went paragon/warrior for watch yourself, since "go for the eyes" has the same adrenline requirement, so really you help assassin's energy managment slightly while boosting the overall dps higher with all the additional criticals happening from everyone.

2 man golem? What do you mean by that by the way?

Woop Shotty
02-09-2006, 04:10
I don't know, I was just thinking about how you could have N/X and P/N both with Flesh Golem, and maybe it could 2-man farm some things. I don't know without further researching it.

I thought the first one was a Motivation skill on GWKB.

Zingeri
02-09-2006, 06:34
Paragons can't be MM. Not enough Energy, Energy Regeneration, and Energy Management.

N/P, however, works well.

zweistein
02-09-2006, 11:35
Paragons can't be MM. Not enough Energy, Energy Regeneration, and Energy Management.

N/P, however, works well.

I dont think anyone suggested P/ or /P minion master, its more like P/watherver will be very usefull in buffing minions.

critical vengeance
02-09-2006, 15:14
I dont think anyone suggested P/ or /P minion master, its more like P/watherver will be very usefull in buffing minions.

Yeah, i was talking about 2 different people really, 1 paragon and really 1 necro/monk or whatever secondary works well.

Silivren
04-09-2006, 20:11
Brace Yourself!: For 5-15 seconds, the next time target other ally would be knocke down, one nearby foe takes 15-75 damage instead. 5 energy None 12 recharge

Not super useful but still aoe knockdowns like those stomp skills in tyria and dragon stomp combined with 10 minions = 750 armor ignoring damage to their nearby foes.

Where does the 750 damage come from? "Target Other Ally" - "Next time". I assume that "next time' means that it ends after being knocked down.

Unless you have 10 Paragons casting this just prior to a knockdown it's only 15-75 damage every 12 seconds.

EDIT: Could be interesting if you used it in combo with Drunken/Desperation Blow.

critical vengeance
04-09-2006, 22:00
all the shouts seem to be written wrong to say "target other ally" but really it just is a normal shout, i don't know why they say that, but they do.

But for the record-10 minions * 75 = 750 damage to be spread about. It ends on each one indiviually.

But yes that combination does sound intresting.

Silivren
04-09-2006, 22:07
hmm.. it would work then, if it acts like a normal shout.

Only other problem I see would be actually having a foe in the 'nearby' range.

critical vengeance
05-09-2006, 02:19
minions group all around, if you have a mix of vamp/horror/minions along with the normal feinds you shouldn't have a problem in those cases

Kjentei
05-09-2006, 03:01
"Never Surrender!" is a great idea for those minions. :thumbsup:
I don't think "Brace Yourself!" is useful enough to be brought on the skillbar since it only targets one ally.

critical vengeance
05-09-2006, 03:11
it would be an echo if it only effected one ally >_>

it's either bugged as not being an echo, or simply written weird.

Rustin
05-09-2006, 04:53
I am not sure if minions are counted as allies, and if they aren't the shouts won't really do much..

Kjentei
05-09-2006, 05:55
I don't think "Brace Yourself!" is useful enough to be brought on the skillbar since it only targets one ally.
it would be an echo if it only effected one ally >_>

I'm very sure that a Shout does not necessarily affect multiple allies and "Brace Yourself!" says 'target other ally' not 'all allies within earshot'. So it only affects one ally, which is what I said. >_> @ u

There are also other shouts which only affect one ally such as "Make Haste!" and "Lead the Way!".

[Removed LInk]
Check "Brace Yourself!" from here. It's only on one ally.

I personally tested "Lead the Way!" during the Nightfall PvP event, and it only affected target ally despite the fact other allies were in earshot.

lavenbb
05-09-2006, 08:09
other non aoe shouts include "Coward!" (one foe) and "Victory Is Mine!" (self only). Target is not part of the shout mechanic.

Auntie I
05-09-2006, 13:07
Kjentai, I removed the link in your post as it leads to an unapproved site.

Mr Panda
05-09-2006, 14:09
Btw, last time I checked, Watch Yourself was party only, not allies, so you cant bump it with minions.

Also, brace yourself is a single cast on a single target: it wouldn't affect all the minions, so no 10x75 fun.

Also, can Minons actually score critical hits? I'm not sure if they can actually score criticals at all. I may be wrong, but...

That said, never surrender would be a nice skill for helping out an MM

critical vengeance
05-09-2006, 21:20
eh... ok well i am wrong it seems >_> that's not cool that brace yourself doesn't do that like i thought, kind of takes a lot of use out of it.