PDA

View Full Version : Evennia from Elona...

Tuor Son Of Huor
02-09-2006, 02:16
I have found a screenshot of an elonian NPC from hexe and TTH wolfgang's Nightfall coverage (http://wolfguard.wolfgaming.net/gc2006/)

The image immediately brought back to my mind questions that have been repeatedly asked here on these lore forums:

#1 Is Evennia from Elonia?
#2 Is she, in fact, Elonian Royalty?
#3 Is she a Paragon?

http://img72.imageshack.us/img72/627/gwcutscene02doz8.jpg

My answers:

#1 Probably yes.
#2 Perhaps.
#3 Current info makes this a No. Female paragons seem to have different armors than the one worn by Evennia.

My reasons for answering Yes to 1 and 2 are the armor similarities:

- The fan shape on the back of the neck
- The flared arm guards

The fact that the elonian armor on the right is more adorned could indicate royalty or a position of power; while Evennia's is alot more plain. Perhaps this is a result of Evennia living with those Rebel Shining Blade?

I'd like to see your insights on this.

Blazing Liger
02-09-2006, 02:51
Maybe Evennia just hasn't saved up enough gold to get her 15k. :laugh:

Sorry, couldn't help myself.

Anyway, those armors do look rather similar, and it's nice to see some kind of proof for all these "Evennia is Elonian" theories floating around here. I'm not sure about her being royalty, but it IS possible that she's Elonian. We just won't know for sure until Nightfall comes out. Although...just because she isn't in Nightfall doesn't mean she ISN'T Elonian, I guess. It would just mean that we don't have any conclusive proof one way or the other.

Quintus Antonius
02-09-2006, 04:04
Instead of typing out a long drawn out explanation of why I disagree, I will respond visually with a counter-example of why you cannot base things solely on looks:

http://img113.imageshack.us/img113/4959/hitlerlx4.gif (http://imageshack.us) http://img113.imageshack.us/img113/7482/chaplinrd2.jpg (http://imageshack.us)

Do you see my point? Two very similar looking things can be so completely unrelated to the point of sheer lunacy of comparison.

Seyfert
02-09-2006, 04:53
that's an awesome comparison quintus lol

Tuor Son Of Huor
02-09-2006, 07:23
Instead of typing out a long drawn out explanation of why I disagree, I will respond visually with a counter-example of why you cannot base things solely on looks:

Do you see my point? Two very similar looking things can be so completely unrelated to the point of sheer lunacy of comparison.

"Sheer lunacy" is a bit strong, Quint.

The "looks" I was basing the comparison on was the Armor; not physical resemblance, like your example.

Plus, the comparison you gave can mean a couple of things:

- They were both taken during the same era, when those moustaches were in style.
- That both Hitler and Charlie Chaplin had the same barber. (a bit of a stretch, but its possible. Apparantly, anything goes.)

Let's stick with comparisons in-game: Rastigan the Eternal wears FoW armor. Some PvE players wear FoW armor. Safe bet to say that both armors were made in the same place: FoW

If you must make a long drawn out comparison; then go ahead - that's what scientific discourse is all about.

ShadowSword
02-09-2006, 12:14
Elonian, yes very probably.
Royalty? Why the hell would she be royalty? Her armour's more plain, royalty don't generally rush off ot other nations and the only similarity is armour.

Uluwuluzulubulu
02-09-2006, 12:28
well one thing is rather certain and that is that she isn't a paragorn but a monk (she heals a bit in ice caves) . The rest is pure speculation.

Poisoned Hunter
02-09-2006, 12:32
you're right, maybe Saidra and Evennia came from Elona because even how they speak seems a bit elonianish ^^ lol

Erikje
02-09-2006, 12:48
She is not a Paragon, she uses monk skills.

Then again, perhaps she is a dual-proffesion, just like players.....

She can be Paragon/ monk

The Pointless
02-09-2006, 13:09
you're right, maybe Saidra and Evennia came from Elona because even how they speak seems a bit elonianish ^^ lol

I would have chalked Saidra's accent to the possibily of her being an Orrian survivor herself. That or she'd been for some reason raised by the dwarves, but my first idea sounds more reasonable.

Also, Evennia may have been in the Mantle herself, but saw what they really did with the "Chosen" and made a break for it.

Santax
02-09-2006, 13:15
Evennia is NOT a paragon. She is a Monk. She uses Heal Area and Heal Other.

Quintus Antonius
02-09-2006, 15:08
Go listen to some of the Krytan (that's Krytan, not White Mantle like Dorian) NPCs who speak. They have accents similar to Evennia. Not as pronunced, but still present. I firmly believe Evennia is simply a Krytan civilian, or former White Mantle, who joined to the Shining Blade (or founded it) to fight against the sacrafice of the Chosen.

It even fits with the Prophecies storyline.

Tuor Son Of Huor
03-09-2006, 00:58
For the record: I did not say that i thought she was a paragon nor was she elonian royalty - those were just questions i had seen brought up earlier...

Personally, I really hope there is more to Evennia than just a simple krytan peasent girl leading a rebellion. I am hoping for an elonian descent thing.. etc.

Gmr Leon
03-09-2006, 01:30
I still get confused by how Krytans and Ascalonians are from the same descent yet their complexion is different. Then again I guess it's from the Krytans living in a tropical climate for so long..

Quintus Antonius
03-09-2006, 02:03
For the record: I did not say that i thought she was a paragon nor was she elonian royalty - those were just questions i had seen brought up earlier...

Personally, I really hope there is more to Evennia than just a simple krytan peasent girl leading a rebellion. I am hoping for an elonian descent thing.. etc.

Yes, obviously I could also be wrong, but in situations like this, I usually take the role opposite to the person presenting the argument so that facts on the other side aren't lost.

Ranger Nietzsche
05-09-2006, 21:03
since there is a large chance that the quest linking elona to tyria is via lion's arch, an evennia related quest is unlikely, as we haven't met her at that point in the storyline.

The Pointless
05-09-2006, 21:06
Judging from the dialogue for the quest to Cantha, it seems to take place after the end of Prophecies, so...

Ranger Nietzsche
05-09-2006, 21:23
Judging from the dialogue for the quest to Cantha, it seems to take place after the end of Prophecies, so...

here is the quest dialogue, taken from wiki who must not be named cuz the GWO wiki is like 2 years out of date.

Dialogue

"Oh, it's you, <name>! Mhenlo has been looking all over for you. Apparently he has received a letter with some disturbing news, a letter sent by an old friend of his in Cantha. He asked me to tell you to meet him out in North Kryta Province if I happened to see you. He is probably waiting out there right now... Mhenlo looked pretty upset, you may want to go talk to him."

Intermediate Dialogue 1

"Hello, <name>, I'm glad Firstwatch Sergio found you. I'm afraid I have some bad news. I have received a letter from my old teacher in Cantha... Master Togo of Shing Jea Monastery, maybe you've heard of him. It seems a violent and horrific plague has spread like wildfire through the streets of Cantha and threatens to destroy all of Kaineng City. He has asked that I organize a group of skilled heroes and take them with me to Cantha, where we can fight this evil at its source. I will be traveling to Cantha shortly; if you're up to the task, talk to Jiaju Tai in Lion's Arch, book passage to Cantha, and meet me there."

Intermediate Dialogue 2

"So a plague really does threaten my homeland? Ordinarily, I would chalk that up to rumor and speculation... but I have heard similar disturbing news from other merchants of late. People I trust. If you are willing to go to Cantha just to help my people, I am sure I can help you find a berth on one of my own vessels!"

"You will be traveling on a ship to the distant lands of Cantha to the south. By so doing, you will leave the lands of Tyria behind and arrive near Kaineng Center, the heart of Cantha's capital city. If you feel the need, you can return via boat travel to Tyria at any time. Are you ready to depart?"

Reward Dialogue

"Welcome to Cantha, <name>! We are in dire need of heroes right now... a terrible plague has spread across our city and threatens to engulf us all in chaos. It is noble of you indeed to come all this way to help our people."

I don't really see anywhere in that the implication that it takes place after prophecies, especially as when we arrive in Lion's Arch in prophecies we (our characters) pretty much feel like our journey is over, the charr are gone, we made it to kryta etc. and the whole whitemantle thing is a few missions away.

Ranger Nietzsche
08-09-2006, 16:35
Sorry to double post but it has been three days since my last and its not really my fault no one has said anything.

I just thought this was funny. I was browsing through the old Chronicles of Tyrian Paleography 7th Edition (http://forums.gwonline.net/showthread.php?t=384867) thread

and discovered this line from Eratimus about the Shining Blade:

Shining Blade: Note the difference between their Flag and Emblem pointed out by Eolen. There seems to be a wave like symbol below the blade of their emblem. Perhaps this resembles waves of a sea or ocean. Perhaps hails to the background of the person? The emblem you see is found on Evennia. Could she in fact originate from Cantha?

Full Circle eh?

Quintus Antonius
08-09-2006, 16:45
Just goes to show that we can't jump to any conclusions.

moenbase
09-09-2006, 10:12
Evennia is NOT a paragon. She is a Monk. She uses Heal Area and Heal Other.
A Monk using a Bow (in The Wilds) and a Sword (?) (in Ice Caves of Sorrows?

The armors do look the same though. Perhaps she is a Paragon. Not sure about the Elonian thing, there's no hard evidence for that.

Armor types among NPC's and Henchies are always (?) different then the armor we are using for our characters.

Katscratched
09-09-2006, 19:59
Evennia should definately be considered a monk. She uses monk skills, is seen in the Iron Mines of Moladune holding a Healing Staff. Also, observe the trim of her armor compared to other monks:

http://img175.imageshack.us/img175/9543/femalemonkarmorpi1.jpg

I have only seen this trim applied to monk armor.

As for the other elements of her clothing, to me they further suggest she (or at least her armor) is of Krytan origin. The high arm guards and white "sock-like" leg guards are similar to those of some White Mantle (though they lack the gold decoration.) Her sandles are typical of monks.

Does this mean Evennia isn't from Elona? No, she could be, but I don't really see any evidance of it currently.

Oh and for the record, I believe the NPC shown by the OP is a Dervish based on the other images from the same page.

Tuor Son Of Huor
10-09-2006, 04:37
Nice work! I guess that squashes THAT theory :D

Santax
10-09-2006, 08:28
A Monk using a Bow (in The Wilds) and a Sword (?) (in Ice Caves of Sorrows?
She uses Heal Area and Heal Other in Defend Denravi. That's how I solo'd the first seven titans on my Ranger O_o