PDA

View Full Version : the starburst eles

the choseone
03-09-2006, 18:34
it was a long time ago when i played ha the last time ( i stopped doin it cause i wqsnt exp enought yet).now i see people advertising LF STARBURSTER!!!! or MAKING STARBURST SPIKE NEED .....so what build d they use? and why would you take an starburster (pros, cons ,anything you wat to say about them)

deathy
03-09-2006, 18:39
Good Aoe damage especially with the little positioning there is in ha

Star Burst
Flame Burst
Bed of Coals
---
Lava Font
Fireball
Immolate
Rodgorts
glyph of sacrifice
meteor shower
---
fire attunement
channeling
res sig

Pick 2 skills from the middle pile depending from what your team wants ^^

Savsuds
03-09-2006, 18:44
Starburst spikes tend to target monks first, so a good pre-prot spirit or spirit bond negates their first attack, to give you time to run away and get healed.

Just maintain good spacing like a hlaf aggro bubble and you should be fine against them, they do drop fast to ranger thumpers and w/e's.

A 2 Starburst Spike can be quit fast when teamed with 2 bunny thumpers and 1 smiter 1 healer.

Enjoy going out and getting some fame.

the choseone
03-09-2006, 19:06
i was playing a dual smite at that moment and i expected them to tele and aoe dmg my team so i walked around them but 2 people got killed and from then we got owned by them (they were using 4 e/a and 2 henchies).so i ws wondering how hey killed us so well while we had good organised team

Apok Omni
03-09-2006, 19:12
Well, currently my guild/alliance is using a Ranger-spike in HA and whenever we faced Star-spike, we own them. Not trying to sound mean, its just their spike is not well-coordinated enough, since all they do is do AoE damage at will.

Almas Darksoul
03-09-2006, 20:16
Starburst "spike" is as much of a spike as dervish "spike" was. It's a high-damage build with relatively small survivability. Good for beating inexperienced teams and thus fame farming, but you'll eventually fail once you meet competent enemies.

deathy
03-09-2006, 23:21
2 starbursters
1 tainted warder
1 shock war
1 woh
1 blessed

got about 240 fame this weekend

davepesc
04-09-2006, 15:14
I did well with 4-5 SB and 1-2 monks. And yes, Rangers are a big weakness thanks to their high elemental def. Warriors crumble, though.

fallot
04-09-2006, 15:16
Warriors have only 4 less AL vs. elemental than Rangers (with a shield). Why would they "crumble" ?

MaximumSquid
04-09-2006, 15:24
Didn't they recently make it so shields didn't add to elemental defense?

davepesc
04-09-2006, 17:14
Shields add Al, not just physical resistance. The change had to do with the damage reduction mods.

Good point about the AL. W=96(with shield) while Ranger = 100. I must have been thinking about the hammer warriors :) All I know is it sure felt like Warriors took a lot of damage while Rangers did not.

neurobilbao
06-09-2006, 08:01
Warrior 116 With Shield & Armor of 13 Str Req.

Psorian Strider
09-10-2006, 17:46
Starbursters own in 6 vs 6 i mean experienced groups get them but from my experience.. they have a hard time doing it.

4 E/A's
1 Blessed
1 WOH

Im sure if you could maybe change the build up a little, or get really organized you could maybe hold halls...maybe its just me idk.

-Brad

melandrus elite
09-10-2006, 20:24
Good Aoe damage especially with the little positioning there is in ha

Star Burst
Flame Burst
Bed of Coals
---
Lava Font
Fireball
Immolate
Rodgorts
glyph of sacrifice
meteor shower
---
fire attunement
channeling
res sig

Pick 2 skills from the middle pile depending from what your team wants ^^

most starburts are e/a with death charge and caltrops

deathy
09-10-2006, 23:09
most starburts are e/a with death charge and caltrops

Depends if you spike or pressure, bed of coals/lava font is also exceptionally useful on alter maps...

My skill choices were also partly based on what i ran in the 6 man weekend a month or so ago, so they may be more relevant now as well

melandrus elite
12-10-2006, 02:57
well heres my skill set
1 fire attunement
2 star burst
3 inferno
4 flame burst
5 lava font
6 deaths charge
7 caltrops
8 res signet
peace out