PDA

View Full Version : Oi!! /rant?

retromullet
09-09-2006, 22:28
I have a little bit of a rant here.

Is it just me or is it impossible to get into an HA team without having some ridiculous rank? My friend has had GW for awhile, and I was over his house helping him play a little. Hes prophecies only, so I couldt go on my account or it would take forever to DL (all my carecters were in Cantha unfortunatly at the time) He hasnt done much PvP, all he has really done is AB. Well, I set him with a VIMWAY Trapper build, seeing as all he wanted to really do is see what you do in HA. There were tons of VIMWAY groups, but they ALL seemed to have a rank cap, all we were looking for was a noob group! Or something. But when he tried to get in a group, no one, and I mean no one would take him. We sat there for 20 minutes, occansionaly throwing a message out and no invites. I usualy dont have much of a problem, but im ranked.

It seems like its getting harder and harder for people to earn ranks in HA because you have to ALREADY be ranked to get in any decent group that dosnt die at the first match. I guess it could be helped by joining a guild that does this, but even most of them dont take people unless they are ranked.

I have to say it was a little bit annoying, but, thus is the nature of some RPGs. Maybe it was just a bad night.

THoughts?

deathy
09-09-2006, 23:02
1. Make your own ranked/unranked team. (Balanced Only)

2. Add the most friendly/skilled players to your friends list.

3. Keep going until you don't have to Pug.

4. Have Fun

5. zOmg! How many of these topics are there!!!

Hope I Helped.

retromullet
09-09-2006, 23:12
Sorry, didnt mean to spam. Most of what I meant is, he is a new player that wants to learn, has no idea of how to make a group, but at the same time cant really learn.

Almas Darksoul
10-09-2006, 00:16
The best advice really is to keep pugging and keep trying. Eventually, you'll end up in a group with some semi-experienced players by pure fluke and will learn something. The grind to rank three seems hard but it always has been for everyone. Also, if you're ranked, why not just start a pug and include him?

Either way, I've recently started a thread in which I'll be forming some groups including newer players, if your friend wants a jump-start they could try signing up there.

Sci
10-09-2006, 00:19
HA is a higher level of PvP. Trying to get into a group w/o already knowing how to play the basics is a bad idea. That said, observer mode should provide enough insight into what is played there.

retromullet
10-09-2006, 02:15
The best advice really is to keep pugging and keep trying. Eventually, you'll end up in a group with some semi-experienced players by pure fluke and will learn something. The grind to rank three seems hard but it always has been for everyone. Also, if you're ranked, why not just start a pug and include him?

Either way, I've recently started a thread in which I'll be forming some groups including newer players, if your friend wants a jump-start they could try signing up there.

Ill definatly let him know, thakns for the info.

And good point on being exp. But really my point was, its just kinda tough to get in in the first place. He could be an AB master, but really suck in HA you know? Oh well, thanks for the replys guys.

opuis
12-09-2006, 15:46
And good point on being exp. But really my point was, its just kinda tough to get in in the first place. He could be an AB master, but really suck in HA you know? Oh well, thanks for the replys guys

Everybody goes through this (getting to r3, i mean). It doesnt get much easier after 3 - 3+ Pugs are a little more accessible. When you think about it though, is a pug really what you want? Not at all......Play with the same people week in and out and that's when things will start to come together.