PDA

View Full Version : Did the Sunspear get changed?

NeferJackal
15-09-2006, 14:33
The preorder disc is listing the Sunspear as having +15% damage in a stance. But the actual spear ingame adds +5 energy instead, but it is also what is shown on the GW website. I guess they changed it, after the preorder discs was sent to duplication.

critical vengeance
15-09-2006, 16:55
er not really, it was always +5 energy

Traynor Dragonblade
15-09-2006, 16:59
I believe that there was a typo on the pre-order/pre-release pack or they forgot to change it. The earliest mentioning of the items have it as +5 energy, but other people have noticed that +15% stance listed on the prerelease pack info.

So I'm guessing it is what it should be, and the actual information is just incorrect. Just a theory though.

Edit: To poster below yeah not having stances wouldn't make much sense with the weapon. It would be like giving Rangers a bow that has a +33% to deep wound mod...doh!

Walks With Angels
15-09-2006, 16:59
I am awaiting e-mail of my own code, but there are screenshots of people proudly wielding their lovely +5 Energy Sunspears ( which is good as Paragons do not have a single Stance revealed to date ).

NeferJackal
15-09-2006, 17:02
I am guessing the initial concept of the Sunspear and the Paragon class involved stances. But foregoing stances completely, and with no enchantments, i can see why they changed it to +5 energy. Though they could have done +15%/50%health or +15% and a penalty, minus energy or armor. Armor penalty would have been balanced up with his high armor and shield.

Banito
16-09-2006, 09:48
I can't even get my spear, and it doesnt show up on my access code page :angry: (though I'm not the only one). But yes, on my pre-order disk, it lists the spear as having 15% in stance.

Qanar
16-09-2006, 10:34
I can't even get my spear, and it doesnt show up on my access code page :angry: (though I'm not the only one). But yes, on my pre-order disk, it lists the spear as having 15% in stance.

did you enter the code? try typing /bonusitems in a outpost (while not waiting to enter)

Ivan Drago
16-09-2006, 11:28
It is probably an outdated info

The DISC says +15% in stance. INGAME it turns out to be +5 energy.

http://img83.imageshack.us/img83/2706/spearscytheqv5.th.jpg (http://img83.imageshack.us/my.php?image=spearscytheqv5.jpg)

Sorry for the pics, I realized too late that Ritualists hold Scythes as silly as hammers and throw spears worse than girls. :)

critical vengeance
16-09-2006, 17:26
your going to get a lot of amazonist spear chuckers mad at you ivan for saying that bit about the spears. >_> i'm not a girl but my school's best javalin users happen to be girls.

Anyway, i guess the disc has a bad typo, good typo too since we don't have a stance yet, and everyone wants a +5 energy single handed spawnable wep

Fownkaymownkay
17-09-2006, 19:24
i'm not a girl but my school's best javalin users happen to be girls.

...And are they amazon-hot? Or hairy and huge? More so than the guys in your school?

critical vengeance
17-09-2006, 19:30
lol not quite :smile: