PDA

View Full Version : Leechers afk in Fort Aspenwood(Kurzick)

Shappy
20-09-2006, 03:20
Im tired of ppl leeching in fort aspenwood...had 2 ppl this evening/night that did that all the time...its easy for luxonside to beat a crippled team. What can you do about this exploit?

dudeimonpepsi
20-09-2006, 21:55
its not an exploit therefore nothing to do.

cantalus
22-09-2006, 19:29
nothing's going to happen, it's not even worth reporting

epsoul
23-09-2006, 01:11
Personally, I think that ANet should track how active people are in battles and just have the leechers, who are afk, lose faction...

Symon Butterfingers
23-09-2006, 21:14
its not an exploit therefore nothing to do.Correction: it is an exploit. You can see this by reading
http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Exploit_%28online_gaming%29
as well as realted article
http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/AFK_gaming

However it is not considered as such by ANet, simply because they dont care/dont have resources to fix existing problems (as opposed to making new chapters).

Mirka
24-09-2006, 10:24
Correction: it is an exploit. You can see this by reading
http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Exploit_%28online_gaming%29
as well as realted article
http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/AFK_gaming

However it is not considered as such by ANet, simply because they dont care/dont have resources to fix existing problems (as opposed to making new chapters).

From what I've gathered, people who leech games in Fort Aspenwood just enter the game and stay at the start not participating - where those topics you linked specificy the AFK-gaming exploit as a macro and/or bot ran character. Those are two different things. You're not breaking any rules by just standing away from the action twiddling your thumbs; therefore it's more of an arguement of etiquette, not exploitation.

What Guild Wars could do to is implement some sort of AFK deterence for PvP; such as if you don't move your character, type, cast a spell, etc. in a specific amount of time, your character would be flagged idle. They could then have it so if you go idle in a PvP game, you will be automaticly removed from the game and have any faction earned from that game subtracted.

SpitfireIXA
26-09-2006, 04:53
Way I see it, leechers are retarded because they rarely gain more than 200 faction from games because they lose more than 90% of games when they leave their team alone like that. They could get more from 3 or 4 games of participation than from 10 or more leeching.

Mirka
26-09-2006, 08:33
I played Fort Aspenwood this morning... there were only me and another guy, an Assassin, participating. We both mapped out. What a big waste of time; it's a shame people don't want to play this game and want to take an 'easy' way out of gaining something, at the expense at people who seek enjoyment out of sitting at their computer participating.

Hukka
26-09-2006, 12:52
Way I see it, leechers are retarded because they rarely gain more than 200 faction from games because they lose more than 90% of games when they leave their team alone like that. They could get more from 3 or 4 games of participation than from 10 or more leeching.
As long they dont have bot doing it over night.

Anet should code penalty system that you lose faction if you stay in fort, dont do damage or dont heal.

Ira Blinks
26-09-2006, 18:58
I know I'm gonna get flamed again for this, but...
Losing side should get no faction. In fact losing side should lose faction (instant fation loss for the players that leave game prematurely). To ballance overall faction gain winning side should get more faction.
This would terminate leeching at once as completely unprofitable.

Nekretaal
26-09-2006, 20:02
anet has actually encouraged people to stop reporting people. They cant and wolnt do anything about it.

Anyways, I dont think the leechers even want the kurzick faction. It's well known that pvp play can remove farm code on your account, so they are probably leeching to remove the farm code.

Greyhawk
27-09-2006, 02:45
I think group leaders should have the power... no the DUTY to Kick leechers out of a game!

Of course who would kick the leader if they were leeching? No, it should be a democratic option. Each player can flag a player as a DEVIANT!! If the whole group flags a deviant the character gets a notch in his title! This title is always on! Only time and Good behavior (no more flags) will remove them!!

Here I'll even write the code::

Greyhawk :tongue:

Mirka
27-09-2006, 03:49
Greyhawk - A system like that would be cool, but easily used to bully players. Such as; someone could enter the 'mission', while working through Factions for the first time... they'll have no idea what to do and could make a mistake that annoys the rest of the team. Leader flags them as deviant, the group agrees, they get the notch.

Ira Blinks
27-09-2006, 04:13
to support Mirka's point:
I can't tell how many people screamed curses at me, accusing me of being a Luxon spy, when I would join Kurzick side with spirit bonder build and begged them not to kill luxon warriors...

Most people have no clue whats going on outside of their skillbar. If someone calls a votekick, they are much likely to vote "yes" even having absolutely no idea to why vote is called.

Greyhawk
27-09-2006, 06:17
I know it wouldn't work.. I wish there was a magic bullet for the leechers and macro farmers. Maybe an NPC that a spammed the names of known leechers!

It would stay in Jade Quary and shout "Bebox the Cakesniffer is a deviant!" :grin:

Of course that would give people more of a reason to leech...... /sigh..

Magi_ofDeath
28-09-2006, 04:33
to support Mirka's point:
I can't tell how many people screamed curses at me, accusing me of being a Luxon spy, when I would join Kurzick side with spirit bonder build and begged them not to kill luxon warriors...

That brings up a good point Ira about the Luxon warriors. If you leave one warrior alive, another team of warriors and turtle will not spawn for that side. Whether or not that was the point you were trying to make, I second your opinion in regards to the warriors.

Ira Blinks
30-09-2006, 00:38
That brings up a good point Ira about the Luxon warriors. If you leave one warrior alive, another team of warriors and turtle will not spawn for that side. Whether or not that was the point you were trying to make, I second your opinion in regards to the warriors.It is the idea of the build, yes. But the point im trying to make is that I would very likely be kicked while doing a great favor to my team simply bacuse half of them have no clue what i did.

Ex Calibress
01-10-2006, 07:58
2? In GVG Alliance battles I've seen entire teams leeching. LOL

cantalus
04-10-2006, 13:06
Losing side should get no faction. In fact losing side should lose faction (instant fation loss for the players that leave game prematurely). To ballance overall faction gain winning side should get more faction.
This would terminate leeching at once as completely unprofitable.

this is a good idea

cantalus
04-10-2006, 13:10
well, i keep getting an error when i try and edit "us" to "is" but no doubt teh few who are reading this understand

TheFrogmanGWPlayer
21-10-2006, 12:12
no way should we lose faction, their are times when i find it hard enough to get a single win at all.

foolio
23-10-2006, 02:58
unfortunately theres not much that can be done about it. i normally play luxon but when i go in on the kurzick side, theres usually about 2 or 3 regular leechers. i tend to ask the luxons to kill the leechers a few times before they kill gunther. most of the time they are very obliging, and it makes me feel a bit better.

Xx Evil Xx
23-10-2006, 17:16
in WoW they deal with leechers in simple way if you go afk you will have <AFK> near your name and if you get Afk you will leave the BG you at and give you debuff that make for 30 min you cant get in BattelGround

i think that best way to deal with leechers

I Orca I
24-10-2006, 13:48
I was surprised the other night to see 6 leechers on the LUXON side. 6 at once. No joke. Wasnt very pleased to see that, but I was on the kurz side at the time so it wasnt so bad.

Sitting Sock
24-10-2006, 22:41
Understandably game managers manually dealing with each and every one of the leechers looking into their playsessions would be a waste of time and energy, but what if there was a system in place something like this:

For random teams if half or more of the team has the same player on ignore he won't be grouped with them.

It'd have a twofold benifit by letting you avoid repeated leechers and it'd discourage leeching as other characters tied to the account would find themselves ignored by a part of the community over time. Of course, it could get out of hand with people putting everyone and their granny on ignore for whatever reason, but at least it'd be a system of some sort ;) It'd also encourages a slight bit more manners I guess.

I Orca I
25-10-2006, 10:34
Understandably game managers manually dealing with each and every one of the leechers looking into their playsessions would be a waste of time and energy, but what if there was a system in place something like this:

For random teams if half or more of the team has the same player on ignore he won't be grouped with them.

It'd have a twofold benifit by letting you avoid repeated leechers and it'd discourage leeching as other characters tied to the account would find themselves ignored by a part of the community over time. Of course, it could get out of hand with people putting everyone and their granny on ignore for whatever reason, but at least it'd be a system of some sort ;) It'd also encourages a slight bit more manners I guess.

I doubt thatd do anything in RA, too many players going in over and over, you rarely get the same person more than once on your team. But in aspy however, twould work, let everyone just ignore the common leechers and they will never get back in.

kyledragoon
28-10-2006, 11:05
cant they log tham out if they r afk for so long

Forbiddian
14-11-2006, 06:44
Why do people leech on the Kurzick side?

Total waste. At least they should leech Luxon side to get free faction.

Razma Dreizehn
30-11-2006, 05:27
I like the AFK status thing for them being immobile for a while, but they could just make a program to twitch them about and avoid being designated AFK.

They should just make it a rule: Thou shalt not leech the AB's. Then, just designate 1-2 people to look in on AB's almost constantly for one day, and BAN the leechers. Maybe do it once a month on a random day. I think the fear would deter most.

Vincent Of Venom
01-12-2006, 18:56
Leechers are retards but you can't stop them. Just have to deal with it.

Razma Dreizehn
02-12-2006, 01:06
No. Doing nothing let's them win. They need to be smited.

kidney licker
04-12-2006, 10:07
Oddly enough there is a regular leecher in FA, Kurzick side Europe server, and I did a search on the internet for the guild and I got an email address (probably a temp one) for one of the leechers and also the name of the guild leader. Hmmmm.

Hard to know what to do as I'm pretty sure the guild leader condones leeching, but allows for interesting possibilities.....

Gods Scion
08-12-2006, 12:38
There are just as many leeches on the luxon side as the kurzick side of FA. I have found as a rule of thumb you usually get 2 leeches every 2 out of three battles. Thats why I only go there if i want the opposition faction points for some reason. At least in AB you can kick them and let everyone in your district that they are leeching. They tend to disappear for a day or two. Probably to FA thus the leech problem there.
If Anet did something about it they would need to look at something with regards to players that don't use their skills in FA and either don't inflict damage on or heal other people.

fishy go moo
09-12-2006, 13:48
ha ha i love to leech free exp please ( no affense lol )

Sting Sethkan
10-12-2006, 09:14
Hate those people who join a team and then don't help. They are just ticks. Seems like they should lose points after no movement for a period of time in ab including from the factions what they already have turned in..

Most of the games tonight we (Kurzick) only had 8 vs 12. This is ruining the fun and game of ab. This may be the caused by forced faction farming which was a stupid idea to begin with.

phusho
11-01-2007, 14:34
Well this is mass event last evening on Fort Aspenwood we were 3 from luxeon side and just 2 from kurzicks that was just a joke. The game was nothing serious. Just totally ruin the fun.

zelosjr
13-01-2007, 04:35
this could be fixed by simply removing Player control of towns, then there would be no need of faction farming. OR, to set a deterrant, have like a max faction for a town, like, if you wanted cavalon, you'd have to have from 5 million, to 6 million. The numbers would be lower, and anyone who Overfarmed wouldn't have a city at all, thus dettering Faction farming.

Losing faction for a lose is a REALLY good idea, but it should only be like 500 faction. to add to that, if you aren't in the area of the kill, you shouldn't get faction either.

Your Fear Is Big
18-01-2007, 14:18
Personally, I think that ANet should track how active people are in battles and just have the leechers, who are afk, lose faction...

ye like they have time for that...

erk
19-01-2007, 06:13
ye like they have time for that...

Multi million dollar corporation, sure they have time for that if they wanted too.

reapersdoom
30-01-2007, 00:06
since anet say teh will act on users who use bots or other programs to enter a mission or area etc,, they DONT.
filming abot user several times over and reporting it even when i caught the guy and he told me his player was using a bot to gain him faction while he played on another computer with another account .. all passed on and yet he is still actively using his bot ..
anet cant do anything they only have 4 admins,, so they say .. no chance in hell of doing anything

MoonUnit
30-01-2007, 02:52
since anet say teh will act on users who use bots or other programs to enter a mission or area etc,, they DONT.
filming abot user several times over and reporting it even when i caught the guy and he told me his player was using a bot to gain him faction while he played on another computer with another account .. all passed on and yet he is still actively using his bot ..
anet cant do anything they only have 4 admins,, so they say .. no chance in hell of doing anything

Uh Anet will not tell you if they ban a bot. :rolleyes:

reapersdoom
30-01-2007, 12:02
Uh Anet will not tell you if they ban a bot. :rolleyes:

nope agreed, but if this person disappears for a few weeks, then reappears its kinda taken as he's been temp banned and re-let in, the repeated reporting each time this happens by many many players only reinforces the feeling that anet are not banning users of bots. And this person (and yes others) have been doing this for at least the last 6months that i have been actively playing Aspenwood.
remember that under the full rules , you can leech as long as you don't use a external program (bot/ script) to enter a mission area, however if you then in open chat tell everyone about him you could find yourself on the receiving punishment from anet for 'bullying'

a simple cure - randomize the 'enter' button,, wouldn't cure all but would cure the many .

( and yes i am actually dyslexic so excuse spellings)

fishy go moo
15-03-2007, 22:18
This would terminate leeching at once as completely unprofitable.no thx just make them win no faction >_>

StormX
18-04-2007, 13:59
Maybe they can't stop ALL leechers but I don't see how hard it is to ban a certain player especially if multiple people have filed complaints against this individual. Anet already bans botting gold farmers. I don't see why they cant do the same to people who use bots/macros to farm faction. In fact some of these bots are so obvious in that they do nothing but auto cast the same skills over and over.