PDA

View Full Version : pressure build help

deathy
20-09-2006, 16:24
http://gwshack.us/3a50f

Notes under the build.

If it helps, our guild hall is wizard's isle (but that can change so ignore it^^)

Thanks for any help and advice you can give me.

Almas Darksoul
20-09-2006, 18:18
A fairly common idea, but I'd swap the tainted to N/Mo with draw.

You can't have draw conds on the main runner - he will be out of the fight atleast half the time and your team will get severely hurt by blind as 4 of you are physical attackers.

deathy
20-09-2006, 18:37
had him as /mo to start off with but i thought energy might be a problem, also i havent decided yet whether the crip or e/mo will be the runner

if i did switch to a n/mo what wkills owuld replace the mesmer ones?

Jummeh
21-09-2006, 13:21
Like others said, but also, use flurry on the assassin, since the -ve damage only applies to the 7-17 of your dagger attacks, the penalty is not so severe, and its far less dangerous to use than Frenzy.

The majority of assassin damage is skill loaded, so its ok to use.

Akirai Annuvil
21-09-2006, 15:36
Draw and mend ailment if you switched n/mo for n/me; it seems good to me btw. You could add Holy Veil to that, giving you some more hex removal too.

ZiegDivine
21-09-2006, 15:42
RoF on monks, please.

deathy
21-09-2006, 16:06
Like others said, but also, use flurry on the assassin, since the -ve damage only applies to the 7-17 of your dagger attacks, the penalty is not so severe, and its far less dangerous to use than Frenzy.

The majority of assassin damage is skill loaded, so its ok to use.

I'll test that out, thanks

Draw and mend ailment if you switched n/mo for n/me; it seems good to me btw. You could add Holy Veil to that, giving you some more hex removal too.

would convert hexes, then taking a traditional hammer/axe work?

RoF on monks, please.

You sure i need 2 copies? ill look at it though, what would i take out for it?

ZiegDivine
21-09-2006, 16:21
If you split, spirit bond is a costly spike save, I don't like running distortion on a monk, I'd drop that.

Savsuds
21-09-2006, 17:23
Ok here goes:

1. Assasin. Change out darkescape for maybe recall/return. Frenzy can be very deadly when you only have one warrior. Many teams will target the assasin first making frenzy be prett y dangerous, if you were running 2 warriors then I can easily seeing frenzy on the bar.

2. Warrior. I would maybe consider Bull's Charge or Charge used instead of Expel Hexes, but part of that depends on the changes you decide to make on your necro. Charge provides a good area speed buff for your team and Bull's charge is a great knockdown/speedboost. Empathic Removal can work like a lesser Expel Hexes with a change to W/Mo with the benefit of adding condition removal when overextended.

3. Necro. I would do like others suggested and go N/Mo. Extinguish, Aegis, Convert Hexes, Heal Party, Draw Condtions are all good skills that can come in handy on that character. The utility skills you decide to keep will effect the other roles in the build.

4. El. I would drop Draw Conditions unless you have decide to make it the non-runner. Lightning Strike can provide a cheap and effective attack skill to go along with Lightning Orb. Of course Heal Other, Infuse Health, Convert Hexes can all be great assests to the build, depending on what role you need the el to play in the build.

5. Rangers. I like Deb-Shot, but enchantment removal is sorely missing from your build. Adding Drain Enchanment to both rangers in place on Deb-Shot is a tough call to make, and would greatly depend on where you can accept weaknesses in the overall build. I find the necro, and the conditions spamming ranger interruptors will cause plenty of pressure without the need of the Deb-Shot. Plus Aegis chains will cause it to be a waste of energy, and decent monks will lose no energy from it with focus swapping.

6. Monks. I LOVE Mo/A B-lighters. Primarily because I am a fan of mobility and postioning. If you do not need the monks to have the drain enchanments, then I suggest the bars be similar to the Mo/A. Rof is a staple of B-lighters bars for a good reason, it works. Whether or not to go Mo/Me or Mo/A on both or keep them seperate would be based on the skills chosen in other characters in the build. Carefully weigh what you are willing to be weaker against and tweak accordingly. If you find the need for more hex removal, I suggest 2 Mo/Me B-lighters without the distortion with the bars Zieg suggested. If you keep the Expel Hexes on the warrior, running 2 Mo/A B-lighters can be great.

Bloody Samuel
22-09-2006, 06:16
One important thing - no rush with final thrust.

Sam

ZiegDivine
23-09-2006, 22:41
5. Rangers. I like Deb-Shot, but enchantment removal is sorely missing from your build. Adding Drain Enchanment to both rangers in place on Deb-Shot is a tough call to make, and would greatly depend on where you can accept weaknesses in the overall build. I find the necro, and the conditions spamming ranger interruptors will cause plenty of pressure without the need of the Deb-Shot. Plus Aegis chains will cause it to be a waste of energy, and decent monks will lose no energy from it with focus swapping.

I might be missing something (rangers aren't my strong suite), but why have lightning reflexes on the Mel ranger? Distortion is enough, imo ... just drop reflexes for drain ench, if you (deathy) decide to put it in.

Monstrum
24-09-2006, 10:25
you sin is perfect, but drop frenzy for flurry... since u will generally be targetting warriors (dont forget ur elemental tang), the 25% less damage on normal hits doesnt mean anything

i dont like your warrior... you cant have pressure without knockdowns and interrupts, sever-gash is laughable on its on... try bulls strike instead of "to the limit", and sprint instead of rush... im not fond of defencive/removal elites, on war, because u are very limited by your energy.. between frenzy-sprint and bulls strike, i dont see u having excess energy to remove hexes... you might wanna swap him for a devastating hammer build to terrorize their monks and help keep the pressure up.. or replace expel hexes with something like dragon slash, which will allow you to keep bleeding-deepwound on 2-3 enemies throughout the match.. quivering blade + plague touch on a monk is also a good idea but means u will have to drop the res.. ur already without a self heal so i dunno

Ion The Sudden
25-09-2006, 13:37
RoF on monks, please.

Nothing to do with the topic, where did you get your awsome avatar lol:azn:

ZiegDivine
25-09-2006, 14:47
i dont like your warrior... you cant have pressure without knockdowns and interrupts, sever-gash is laughable on its on... try bulls strike instead of "to the limit", and sprint instead of rush... im not fond of defencive/removal elites, on war, because u are very limited by your energy.. between frenzy-sprint and bulls strike, i dont see u having excess energy to remove hexes... you might wanna swap him for a devastating hammer build to terrorize their monks and help keep the pressure up.. or replace expel hexes with something like dragon slash, which will allow you to keep bleeding-deepwound on 2-3 enemies throughout the match.. quivering blade + plague touch on a monk is also a good idea but means u will have to drop the res.. ur already without a self heal so i dunno

With a zealous blade there is no energy trouble, and 5e spells (expel or w/e) present no problem. Please don't drop res on a warrior, it's a horrible idea.

Nothing to do with the topic, where did you get your awsome avatar lol

snowkissed made it ... on accident.

adrenalinq
28-09-2006, 11:05
N/Me
Well of profane is useless in GvG because of much energy cost and 3 sec cast (if you want to use it - why do you need Purid explosion?). You will never have 25 free energy and will never cast it in time because rez in GvG is fast. This skill is HA skill. If still you want to use it - use it on dead pets (you 2 R should take them).
A/W
Assasin takes great dmg without Frenzy but if he will use it - he is dead in 3 hits.
R/Me
Lightning reflexes is a crap because of 45 sec recharge and only 10 sec usage. Take WD.

Maybe you should think of replacing Assasin for Axe warrior.

David Holtzman
28-09-2006, 18:16
N/Me
Well of profane is useless in GvG because of much energy cost and 3 sec cast (if you want to use it - why do you need Purid explosion?).

Lightning reflexes is a crap because of 45 sec recharge and only 10 sec usage. Take WD.

You have no idea what you're talking about. Well of the Profane is fantastic and Lightning a far better stance than Whirling because lightning can be used offensively as well as defensively.

Aire
29-09-2006, 17:06
You have no idea what you're talking about. Well of the Profane is fantastic and Lightning a far better stance than Whirling because lightning can be used offensively as well as defensively.

I disagree about the fantastic 'ness of Profane, since Boonprots are less popular now, but Lightning is far better than Whirling, as its brilliant for overextending Cripshots to use.

Wet One
29-09-2006, 17:30
I disagree about the fantastic 'ness of Profane, since Boonprots are less popular now, but Lightning is far better than Whirling, as its brilliant for overextending Cripshots to use.

Its not for boonprots, its for when you face smite teams...

The past week we have been running a full blown death necro with putrid and death nova... you would be amazed by how many supplamental kills we get from idiots that attack pets with death nova and then stand there for the putrid... And the cast on putrid is faster than the cast of a rez sig... so gg on them "getting rezzed sooo fast"

Aire
29-09-2006, 17:32
Its not for boonprots, its for when you face smite teams...

Bringing that along to counter smiting seems a bit.....desperate to be honest. I'd much rather just mass strip the smiter, a lot easier and considering ZF has a large recharge, efficient as well.

Wet One
29-09-2006, 19:55
Bringing that along to counter smiting seems a bit.....desperate to be honest. I'd much rather just mass strip the smiter, a lot easier and considering ZF has a large recharge, efficient as well.

I agree w/ya on that one. Especially if you have a hammer warrior or 2... they should just have one of them pummeling the smiter.. gg...

David Holtzman
29-09-2006, 22:41

Profane a lordroom and you have free reign. Profane is a skill that can rip a game open when you're losing or slam it shut when you're winning. The skill is expensive, difficult to use, and fantastic.

ZiegDivine
30-09-2006, 02:03
With all the taints running around, well of profane is a very powerful skill.