PDA

View Full Version : Getting into HA... what are the critical terms?

Khaunshar
23-09-2006, 18:08
Hi there,

I want to look into playing some HA (and yes I know its going to be pickup for a looong time to come with no rank) but find myself at a loss about some of the terms there.

Now, I know what most terms like focspike, rspike, bloodspike etc. mean, but I havent found a decent place to get a rough overview over the required/played tactics in such builds.

I mean, for example if someone is looking for a SS ranger for focspike, I know they mean Savage Shot, in a Feast of Corruption-heavy build, however where the hell do I learn what said ranger is meant to do ?

gwwikis isnt much help, so I thought I might ask here.

Almas Darksoul
23-09-2006, 18:44
I personally don't know much about foc spikes using savage shot rangers... "Savage Shot" is not really a ranger build...

Otherwise, atm the only real way to know is experience.

MadFliPPP
23-09-2006, 19:36
you may sound stupid asking, but do it...sometimes people in the area will help you with a build, also google some of the builds and you can find them.
Sometimes people throw their own variations in, so ask when you get in the group, but make sure you know what most the build is... like a B-spike needs to have 16 in blood magic, or a VIMway team needs rangers with 16WS.

Wish Resign
24-09-2006, 21:03
Accually SS ranger means Spirit Spamming rangers.

Domina Spellbinder
25-09-2006, 11:38
Accually SS ranger means Spirit Spamming rangers.

All the new rage now that Ritual Lord and Boon of Creation was nerfed.

Oath shot, spirits, done

Aruine
25-09-2006, 19:12
An organized group should give you a bar and tell you in general terms what to do with it, even if you know the bar already.

Don't try to learn everything at once - pick one class that you think is your best and play that. If you're a monk, learn the monk builds. Learn how to use HA-specific monk skills well (such as seed, channeling). Learn the common monk bars, such as WoH, Infuser, RC prot, air smiter, bonder. If somebody wants you to play something more "exotic", they should explain it in detail.

Also, learn to communicate. Call out skills when you're part of a chain (i.e. aegis, seed on ghost, etc), call out when you have warriors on you. Call out if you're blacked out or if you have a sig of humility on you (mostly important for an RC). Things like that.