PDA

View Full Version : Signet or return: Yay for resuseable res ... or not?

zweistein
26-09-2006, 13:24
Att: Leadership.
'Resurrect target party member with 5...13% Health and 1...3% Energy for each party member within earshot.'

---

I bought this signet for my paragon during NBE. It's interesting skill, but i find it really lacking somiething.

PRO:
* signet - people with spell interupts cant stop you (but again, spell only interupts are not really used that much)
* can res to full HP
* reuseable, 15 sec recharge it bit too much. 6 sec cast is perfect.

CONS:
* requires party members alive to fuction at good performance. while you can res someone to full HP if rest of 8 man party is alive, you cant do it in 4 man party, and you cant use it to recover from bad situation (once ~1/2 of party is dead, you cant res anyone to combat ready state anymore.)
* tied to primary attribute - can be used as secodnary, but dont expect wonders.

* pve: better than having res signet around for little mishaps, but rebirth still beats it in general disaster recovery.
* pvp: people are used to res-sig signet symbol to advertize attempt for res, so resurection attempt is widely broadcasted and with 6 second cast time, its like having 'please interupt me' sign on back. 4 vs 4 - this res underperfoms, 8 vs 8 - works for one person dead, more dead persons cause it to underperform.

---

Not bad, gives chance to use various secondaries without loosing hard res.

Viti Ligo
26-09-2006, 13:45
I think this beats rez sig by far, at least if you're a primary paragon. With this you have reusable rez, that, when used correctly, is good enough and link to your primary attribute.

Not bad.

Artemis Shadowhawk
26-09-2006, 14:04
I agree though, that if you're the only one still standing (which when playing a paragon is usually the case), signet of return really doesnt do much, it basically resses someone so they can die again. I ended up using res signet in pvp, but I'd always prefer a hard res in pve. Also, I could possibly use sig of return in larger pvp such as 8v8.

It's a good skill and can really get someone back on their feet if you catch it early.

Xycury
26-09-2006, 14:21
the only use this has is immediately after someone dies, and hopefully that with two people out for 6 seconds is enough time to rez.

it's great, and reusable but just a bit leary about using it in groups less than 8.

Puntarunt
26-09-2006, 15:39
"We Shall Return!"

-mokk

Santax
26-09-2006, 18:29
"We Shall Return!"

-mokk
That's one point, others being that it works fantastic in 12-man parties, and (depending on how accurate the skill description is) parties heavy with pets, minions or spirits

critical vengeance
26-09-2006, 20:09
yeah i love the skill myself, hmm maybe each expansion might get a new hard rez, flesh of my flesh now this signet... makes me think

Auntie I
26-09-2006, 20:17
In my opinion another hard rez is always a good thing. I was very pleased to see it. I got really tired of the Monk Hero rezzing in the middle of battle using Resurrect and then dying. I took his Resurrect away from him and put Signet of Return on my bar. That way I controlled the timing of rezes.

(Yes, I am a control freak! :happy: )

NeferJackal
26-09-2006, 21:17
yeah i love the skill myself, hmm maybe each expansion might get a new hard rez, flesh of my flesh now this signet... makes me think

Actually the Ritualist got 3 hard resses in Factions, and a fourth in Nightfall.

Flesh of my flesh
Restoration
Lively Was Naomei

Death Pact signet

Erasculio
26-09-2006, 23:49
* pve: better than having res signet around for little mishaps, but rebirth still beats it in general disaster recovery.

I'm actually more fond of bringing middle battle ressurrection than Rebirth (since I'm not a monk, and there aren't that many places where a chained ressurrection couldn't prevent a full party wipe). I usually use Ressurrection Chant, but for a Paragon this skill may be useful as long as its used when the first person dies. The advantage it has, IMO, is the energy given to the ressurrected person.

Erasculio

Sorale
27-09-2006, 15:57
Slightly off topic: Does "We Shall Return!" increase by a multiplier?

Just and example:
Signet of Return resses with 10 percent health and 1 percent energy.
We Shall Return increases res by 50 percent health and 30 percent energy.

Does the res now increase to 15 percent and 1 energy, or is it 60 percent and 31 percent?

(Number not accurate, just an example)