PDA

View Full Version : Need Help with build

jhffmn
27-09-2006, 19:45
With the nerf to CoP and mysticism, it doesnt seem worth it to take D/Mo for RoF spam with abilities like Vital Boon and Faithful intervention. I am also having trouble fiting all the abilities I want to take onto my spell bar to get use out of Mystic Sandstorm.

So far what im thinking is..

Earth 14 ( 11 + 2 + 1)
Mysticism 12 ( 10 + 2 )
Scythe 11 ( 10 + 1)

Skills

Aura of thorns
Conviction
Dust Cloak
Mirage Cloak
Mystic Sandstorm
Faithful intervention
{e} Avatar of Dwayna
Pious Assault

Pretty simple concept, Keep Faithful intervention up at all times. Charge up conviction and Dustcloak. Run into the fray, put up Aura of thorns and Mirage Cloak charging up Mystic Sandstorm with whatever other buffs are on you. Your target is now crippled. Unleash Mystic sandstorm to deal damage, heal yourself, and deal the damage from Mirage Cloak and get back at least 12 mana. Follow up with Dustcloak + Pious assult + Pious assult to finish your combo. If you run in with Avatar of Dwayna you are pretty much immune to hexes and very hard to kill.

No idea how this would work in practice. Just trying to make use of Mystic Sandstorm/Mirage Cloak. The elite doesnt seem to mesh all that well.

lavenbb
27-09-2006, 22:45
I find faithful intervention not helping me survive if I'm targetted. If you have high earth prayers, it is better to use vital boon for self heal.

jhffmn
28-09-2006, 03:48
I find faithful intervention not helping me survive if I'm targetted. If you have high earth prayers, it is better to use vital boon for self heal.

Hmm yeah. For some reason I thought you could cast faithful intervention on others. Would be nice to have room for both.

Yozhura
28-09-2006, 05:46
I used something similar during the PvP beta and the WPE.

http://img223.imageshack.us/my.php?image=gw046qg2.jpg

http://img205.imageshack.us/my.php?image=gw074oe2.jpg

lavenbb
28-09-2006, 07:40
Hmm yeah. For some reason I thought you could cast faithful intervention on others. Would be nice to have room for both.

what you're thinking is watchful intervention. I would use that if it wasn't 15e..

jhffmn
28-09-2006, 18:39
what you're thinking is watchful intervention. I would use that if it wasn't 15e..

Also, it doesn't heal when the enchant ends only at 25% HP. So no enchant stripping for a heal. Faithful intervention does work when striped and has an infinate duration. 2 sec cast though :cry:

lavenbb
28-09-2006, 19:03
vital boon fixes all those problems :D for self heal anyway, though I usually use mystic regeneration.

jhffmn
29-09-2006, 13:43
vital boon fixes all those problems :D for self heal anyway, though I usually use mystic regeneration.

I have another question actually. Is anyone planing on using Etheral Aid + Lyssa's Assault. Basically, turn 5 mana into 14 mana (12 Mysticism). Whirling Charge and Mystic Regeneration look nice as well. But going with wind magic you lose out on Vital Boon, Mirage Cloak, and Aura of Thorns and Convition. Anyone have a good build using Scyth, Mysticism, and Wind Magic? Must utilize, Etheral Aid + Lyssa's Assault.

Looks to me like earth > Wind. Only bonus to going wind really is runspeed and Hex removal.

lavenbb
30-09-2006, 01:17
one of the best self defence IMO is in wind prayer: Pious restoration

Though if you read the attribute descriptions you'll see that earth prayers speciallize in defence and earth damage, while wind specialize on cold and movement.

So most of your defence should come from careful positioning of yourself to avoid damage.