PDA

View Full Version : Offensive support capabilities?

Shoitaan
28-09-2006, 19:02
Hey guys. I recently started a thread in the ranger forums about the possibility of 2 paragons effectively replacing the role of the paragon and the monk in B/P's. The shouts and chants between them heal while the fire chants take the place of OoP and do considerable damage. The thought was that because the rangers will be barraging out of order (ie they dont fire all at the same time) and the enemy mobs in a place like Urgoz or tombs all have more HP than the rangers, it'll be possible to keep them burning on a permanentISH basis. Granted its impossible to keep them aflame the whole time but a long time is what I'm after...

However theres a lot of theory craft as there some things we're not sure of about how the skils work ie if the burning applies to every arrow from barrage when triggering an Anthem of flame. Although recent posts have brought the fact that the anthem of flame wont be the main source of burning... well anyway. I just wanted some clarification of the skills if you guys have tested them and some input into the idea etc. I dunno about outdamaging OoP's anymore but still...

The thread:
http://forums.gwonline.net/showthread.php?t=422792

The Original Post:

Think mainly in terms of a Tomb run and then branch out from there..
++++
Edit:
Why this thread in the ranger forums? Well the rangers are the only ones that wont hold a bias in this discussion and its the rangers using skills that triggers the healing. Plus the rangers understand why OoP and OoV are important, looking at skills will determine if us rangers will find the burning stuff better than the orders

++++
2 Paragons, both leadership and motivation replace and order necro and a monk from a bp run effectively?

Would it help to have warriors with secondary warriors or paragons?

Paragon skills that could potentially be usefull

Offensive Support:
Anthem of Flame
For 10 seconds, the next attack skill used by each ally within earshot also causes Burning for 1...3 seconds

They're on Fire!
For 20 seconds, allies within earshot take 5...41% less damage from foes suffering from Burning.

Blazing Finale
For 10...30 seconds, whenever a Chant or Shout ends on target ally, all foes adjacent to that ally are set on fire for 1...3 seconds.

Burning Refrain
For 20 seconds, if target ally hits a foe with more Health than that ally, that foe is set on fire for 1...3 seconds. This Echo is reapplied every time a Chant or Shout ends on that ally.

Defensive Support:

Song of restoration (elite)
For 10 seconds, the next time each party member within earshot uses a Skill, that party member gains 40...88 Health.

Ballad of Restoration
For 10 seconds, the next time each party member within earshot takes damage, that ally gains 30...78 Health.

Chorus of Restoration
For 10 seconds, the next time each ally within earshot uses a Shout or Chant, that ally is healed for 40...88 Health.
(NOTE: This could potentiall work only if the rangers are secondary warrior or paragon using defensive/support shouts).

Finale of Restoration
For 10...30 seconds, whenever a Chant or Shout ends on target ally, that ally is healed for 15...63 Health.

Mending Refrain
For 20 seconds, target ally has +1...3 Health regeneration. This Echo is
reapplied every time a Chant or Shout ends on that ally.

COMMAND:
Never Surrender!
For 10 seconds, all allies within earshot and below 75% Health, gain +1...7 Health regeneration.

- The more I look at command, the more skills I see that could be usefull in a B/P. Not that many but a few...

++++++++++++++++++++++++++

I'm mainly thinking of their restoration skills and anthem of flame and the like...

'Earshot' is quite large... :)

Am I full of it? Is this viable? Discuss, please! :D

+++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++

Edit: Some additional points to ponder

- I think the damage output with this would be higher than with a monk and an order but would we able to survive?

- What would be better, more damage to enemies through burning vs health gain through order?

I'm not sure whether the clarifications should be made on this thread or that one... pick whichever you feel like! :)

NeferJackal
28-09-2006, 22:09
How about Anthem of Envy? 6a 1c
Chant. For 10 seconds, the next attack skill used by each ally within earshot deals +5...17 damage against foes with more than 50% Health.

Two paragons could time it together and help whittle down the opposition to more manageable levels.

Shoitaan
30-09-2006, 13:13
Sorry about delay in post. Been busy.

Do chants and shouts stack? Cause thats a pretty good chant...

NeferJackal
30-09-2006, 13:18
Yes they do, they are not mutually exclusive. Also you should be able to load up all the chants you want at once.

Shoitaan
30-09-2006, 18:12
I see I see, important question, not sure if you have the answer:
For anthem of flame, does it spread the burning on every arrow in a barrage? Most are quoting splinter weapon and the like and saying no while someone at another site said when they loaded barrage on their hero, yes... I just want clarification...