PDA

View Full Version : What do you think of this balanced build?

Dogbert
29-09-2006, 13:26
W/E
Eviscerate
Executioner's Strike
Bull's Strike/Furious Axe
Shock
Frenzy
Rush
Healing Signet
Resurrection Signet

W/
Backbreaker
Crushing Blow
Irresistable Blow
Bull's Strike
Rush
Frenzy
Healing Signet
Resurrection Signet

E/Mo
Fireball
Immolate
Rodgort's Invocation
Meteor
Aegis
Draw Conditions
Prodigy
Resurrection Signet

Me/E
Mantra of Recovery
Energy Burn
Diversion
Blackout
Gale
Shatter Enchantment
Drain Enchantment
Distortion

Me/Mo
Expel Hexes
Blackout
Power Drain
Distortion
Aegis
Signet of Humility
Mantra of Inscriptions
Resurrection Chant

E/Mo - Flagger
Ice Spikes
Deep Freeze
Blurred Vision
Armor of Mist
Heal Party
Extinguish
Ether Prodigy
Healing Breeze

2 BL monks

--------------------------------------------------------------------------

Basically, it's a pressure build that can make spikes. On spikes, fire ele could knockdown a monk with Meteor while a mesmer gales the other or Blackout if the monk is reacheable. The noticeable weakness imo is the lack of defense against warriors, but that could be compromised with two Blackouts that could drain their adrenaline and if the enemy warriors really prove a threat, our warriors could slow them down with Bull's Strike while gaining adrenaline to prepare for a spike.

The Signet Of Humility could also add to anti-warrior defense but it can lock down key elites from the enemy team. With this, NR won't be much of a bother but it still pays to take that annoying spirit down.
Another weakness could be the enemy's warrior avoiding skills like Distortion or wards and stuff. Inspired Enchantment is a good counter to Tainted Flesh imo, and a good energy management since you could inspire off Mantra of Recall.
The Me/Mo is for hex utility but can spike with Shatter Enchant and has some enchantment removal too.

I just copied and paste from our guild forum. Sorry for bad format.
Pretty standard balanced build imo but I kinda want furious axe on the axe warrior because i think you can get 3 attack skills on a target knocked down with backbreaker but the other guys prefer bull's strike :)

Parker Bsb
29-09-2006, 15:05
You've only really shown us 1/2 the build: stats are as important as skills are. I'll just throw some stuff out tho.

Bulls is a great anti kite skill, even with all the other snares I'd prefer it to furious. A 3rd hit on a spike usually means the monks can heal it which is why I prefer bulls.

I prefer Devs to Backbreaker because it means you are spiking more often - but that's a style preference more than anything.

I'd switch out some skills on the ele (rodgorts for extinguish comes to mind)

Dogbert
29-09-2006, 15:36
You've only really shown us 1/2 the build: stats are as important as skills are. I'll just throw some stuff out tho.

Bulls is a great anti kite skill, even with all the other snares I'd prefer it to furious. A 3rd hit on a spike usually means the monks can heal it which is why I prefer bulls.

I prefer Devs to Backbreaker because it means you are spiking more often - but that's a style preference more than anything.

I'd switch out some skills on the ele (rodgorts for extinguish comes to mind)

Well if you are experienced you can work out the stats by just looking at the skills. Correct me if im wrong though. I certainly don't mean this as an insult to you parker. But that's why i didn't write any of the attributes.

Blackout is 4 seconds and so is Backbreaker. That's why i was thinking why not add Furious for more killing power. You can't have too much of that can you?

Parker Bsb
29-09-2006, 19:09
You'd be suprised at some of the builds I've seen floating around on the net... expirence tells me to expect the worst :wink: .

As for the 4 second thing - you expect to face 2 monk backlines and only spike when you can nail 1 with blackout and the other get's KD'd? No offence but either your mesmer is perm-extended, or you are spiking not as often as you should.

Granted with gale you will likley be able to pull it of, but why throw in a useless skill for "overkill" when you can add in a anti kite skill that will allow you to keep pressure on their team as well (you DID mention this was a pressure build right?).