PDA

View Full Version : Do Shouts Effect Summoned Creatures?

p0rn
29-09-2006, 20:30
I was searching for an answer to this question but was unable to find it. I mainly played the Dervish this weekend event and didn't have too much time to fool around with the Paragon when I started to entertain the idea of having a Paragon/Necro Minion Master. I just find the idea of your minions constantly setting people on fire hilarious. Imagine the chaos in AB :grin:

Artemis Shadowhawk
29-09-2006, 20:39
I'd assume you're tihnking of with Anthem of Flame. However, it required the use of an attack skill if IIRC. I cannot answer your question, but that would definately open up some fun possibilities.

Zingeri
29-09-2006, 20:39
Shouts affect minions, but not spirits, AFAIK.

However, a P/N MM is a bad idea, due to Energy constraints. N/P can work very well. ("Go for the Eyes!" anyone?)

I'd assume you're tihnking of with Anthem of Flame. However, it required the use of an attack skill if IIRC. I cannot answer your question, but that would definately open up some fun possibilities.He was probably thinking of Burning Refrain and/or Blazing finale.

Artemis Shadowhawk
29-09-2006, 20:43
I agree with Zingeri on probably wanting to go with a N/P, but then you'll just end up wanting a normal N/x MM eventually.

To keep the thread on topic of a Paragon primary (whether it is better or not), I think that energy could be managed with spammable shouts like Go For the Eyes and a high leadership. If it does effect minions, then that would return 8 energy, right? Also, it'd give you access to all the burning skills in the leadership line.

Zingeri
29-09-2006, 20:47
I agree with Zingeri on probably wanting to go with a N/P, but then you'll just end up wanting a normal N/x MM eventually.

To keep the thread on topic of a Paragon primary (whether it is better or not), I think that energy could be managed with spammable shouts like Go For the Eyes and a high leadership. If it does effect minions, then that would return 8 energy, right? Also, it'd give you access to all the burning skills in the leadership line.You still have to pay 25 Energy to create the minion. That's near impossible to refund for a Paragon. (especially after you lose access to "Watch Yourself!")

NeferJackal
29-09-2006, 20:47
The problem is that those only affects single targets, you would want blanket effects from Shouts or Anthems.

I asked in a thread in the Ritualist forum, if their spirits could be affected by shouts and chants, since offensive spirits uses an attack skill as their main attack. For example the Pain spirit will spam the Pain attackskill, making it a perfect candidate for Anthem of Flame, Anthem of Envy or Crippling Anthem.

p0rn
29-09-2006, 20:49
He was probably thinking of Burning Refrain and/or Blazing finale.

Indeed I was.
While I do realize a Necromancer primary would obviously be more effective as a pure Minion Master, I think with adrenaline based shouts (like "go for the eyes" as you mentioned) and a high Leadership attribute, you could gain alot of energy back... but thats of course if Leadership works on minions... but then again lets not forget glowing signet if it doesn't.

The more I look at the Paragon shouts the more I think that even if you don't have enough energy to raise that many minions, you could still make up for that by making them incredibly powerful.

-p0rn

NeferJackal
29-09-2006, 20:54
I never thought for the paragon to be the minionmaster or ritualist, but to team UP with one. Or pimp a hero into one.

But since minions doesnt use skills like spirits, they will not gain the benefits of Anthems, which triggers on attack skills.

Mr Panda
29-09-2006, 21:24
Yeah, definately, as NeferJackal says, making a P/N or a N/P may be kind of...bleh in terms of making it work, but definately, if you're in a group with another paragon, you will see a huge boost in your minions effectiveness (assuming they're not chucking spears.)

NeferJackal
29-09-2006, 21:27
Correction: Might.. Currently minions does not use skills as far i know, and thusly cannot trigger Anthems.

But what about Bonefiends, since they fire a projectile, do they use a fiend skill like Pain spirits use their pain skills when firing at foes?

Mr Panda
29-09-2006, 21:33
Correction: Might.. Currently minions does not use skills as far i know, and thusly cannot trigger Anthems.

But what about Bonefiends, since they fire a projectile, do they use a fiend skill like Pain spirits use their pain skills when firing at foes?

Fiends dont use a fiend skill I believe, they just autoattack with arrows.

And while some on skill anthems wont trigger, "Stand your ground!" will work, as well Defensive Anthem, which will certainly aid minion survivability. And Ballad of Restoration of course...

Phoebus
30-09-2006, 02:16
Fiends dont use a fiend skill I believe, they just autoattack with arrows.

And while some on skill anthems wont trigger, "Stand your ground!" will work, as well Defensive Anthem, which will certainly aid minion survivability. And Ballad of Restoration of course...
Defensive Anthem and Ballad of Restoration are for party members only.