PDA

View Full Version : What exactly is Hall of Heroes??

Mr mage sire
02-10-2006, 00:18
I have been playing for about a month now and I always see a message pop up saying 'so and so has won the battle in Hall of Heroes' Could someone please tell me what that is exactly?

Almas Darksoul
02-10-2006, 00:36
The Hall of Heroes is the last map in the Heroes' Ascent Arena - one game (and only one) occurs every 6 minutes, consisting of 3 teams fighting. The team who won the previous match starts in control of an altar in the centre of the map (The owners of the altar after an update is determined either by a team completing the Sacred Temples map, or through luck), and must defend it from two rival teams for four minutes.

The team holding the altar must defend an NPC called Ghostly Hero for this duration, and all of a team (including hero) will ressurrect half way through the match. Once a Ghostly Hero dies, any ghostly heroes on the central altar will attempt to "claim" it for their team - the team which ends the game controlling the altar wins.

Simply put, it is a timed "King of the Hill" match, where only the people holding once the time expires counts.

The Hall of Heroes is also a place mentioned in lore as the place that heroes will go after they die, perhaps similar to an afterlife or paradise.

Mr mage sire
02-10-2006, 00:59
Ok thanks, How do I get there?

Almas Darksoul
02-10-2006, 01:14
Keep winning in Heroes' Ascent until you get to (or skip to) the last map. Heroes Ascent is gotten to by winning 5 games in Team Arenas (which is gotten to by winning 10 consecutive games in Random Arenas (which is gotten to after arriving at Lion's Arch or Kaineng Centre)).

It isn't something most players can just walk in and win though, a large majority of the teams are coordinated, experienced, and have skillsets designed to fare better than other teams. With the current selection of hall builds, a lot of the time I can see an inexperienced team losing without fully understanding why.

All Hall of Heroes matches can be seen on observer mode (Accessed through pressing B), though, which may give you a little information.

Mr mage sire
02-10-2006, 01:25
Ok, so if I go to random arenas and my team wins 5 consecutive games, then we will be sent to hall of heroes?

defrule
02-10-2006, 01:27
np that will unlock team arenas

David Holtzman
02-10-2006, 02:47
Ok, so if I go to random arenas and my team wins 5 consecutive games, then we will be sent to hall of heroes?

If you go to RA and win 10 games you will open TA. If you go to TA and win 5 games you will get to HA. If you get to HA and win every map you can access the Hall of Heroes.

Dallcingi
02-10-2006, 04:08
If you go to RA and win 10 games you will open TA. If you go to TA and win 5 games you will get to HA. If you get to HA and win every map you can access the Hall of Heroes.

Or you can halls skip, meaning if there arent enough teams, you advance to hall of heroes. This happens occasionally.

melandrus elite
02-10-2006, 04:31
Don't expect to get to HoH instantly MR mage you need to find a group first which is close to impossible without r3 an IWAy or a VIM trap(or complete luck).

David Holtzman
02-10-2006, 04:59
Or you can halls skip, meaning if there arent enough teams, you advance to hall of heroes. This happens occasionally.

You still need to win every map you play.

Mr mage sire
02-10-2006, 13:55
You guys are saying a lot of abbriviations...What do they mean and how do I get there?

Almas Darksoul
02-10-2006, 18:19
RA = Random Arenas
TA = Team Arenas
HA = Heroes' Ascent
VIM(WAY) = Build used in Heroes' Ascent, usually consisting of four trappers with "Victory is Mine!" and four "IWAY" warriors.
IWAY = Build used in Heroes' Ascent, consisting of three warriors with "I Will Avenge You!" and pets, one Me/E fast cast nuker, one r/e spirit spamming ranger, 1 rt/x spirit spammer or r/rt pure trapper and 2 necro/monks with healing skills, and either Order of Pain or Order of Apostasy on each.

speedball
02-10-2006, 22:14
Mr mage sire this will answer most of your questions, if not all and then some!

http://forums.gwonline.net/showthread.php?t=382193