PDA

View Full Version : Pa/Me IW Spear build viable/possible ?

Sherlock
04-10-2006, 12:27
Hi guys ! Do you think this could be viable combination ?

For example, will the Aggressive refrain be good ?

AR - For 20 seconds, you attack 25% faster. This Echo is reapplied every time a Chant or Shout ends on you. Echo Leadership Spell - 25-2-20

Blazing Finale - For 10...30 seconds, whenever a Chant or Shout ends on target ally, all foes adjacent to that ally are set on fire for 1...3 seconds.

Glowing signet - If target foe is Burning, you gain 5...13 Energy. (For NRG mgmt in combination with Blazing finale)

Leaders comfort - for selfheal

Will the Barbed spear be triggered when Foe is damaged from IW chaos dmg ?

BS - If this attack hits, your target begins Bleeding for 5...13 seconds.

And this one looks good :

Swift Javelin - If this attack hits, you deal +5...17 damage. If you are under the effects of an Enchantment, this spear flies twice as fast and cannot be "blocked" or "evaded."

So any comments ?

the grieving terror
04-10-2006, 13:30
For 30 seconds, you deal no damage in melee, but whenever you attack in melee, target foe takes 8-34 chaos damage. This is an elite skill.

IW only works in melee range, and all your attacks miss. So skills are pretty useless when under the effects of the enchantment, I'm afraid.

Ivan Drago
04-10-2006, 14:07
Tested:

IW does not work with spears. The mentioned melee range. But it works with Scythes.

IBAR
04-10-2006, 15:25
spear of lightning
cruel spear
blazing spear
leader's comfort
hex breaker
anthem of flame
aggresive refrain/finale of restoration
rez sig

Artemis Shadowhawk
04-10-2006, 15:45
I don't really see the appeal of a P/Me IW build. I'd much rather have a Me/R or Me/W. I'm sure you could probably yield a higher dps with actual spear attacks than using a Me secondary for IW anyways.

Fownkaymownkay
04-10-2006, 17:07
IW only works in melee range, and all your attacks miss. So skills are pretty useless when under the effects of the enchantment, I'm afraid.
Yep. Plus, the spear's attack speed is too low to make it viable anyhow.

Santax
04-10-2006, 18:16
Tested:

IW does not work with spears. The mentioned melee range. But it works with Scythes.
Me/W Scytheperson pwns RA :P (preorder items ftw)

Might try scything with a Me/P sometime... some defense buffs and the aforementioned Aggressive Refrain, combined with the Mesmer's energy management to practically spam shouts.

NeferJackal
04-10-2006, 19:55
Aggressive Refrain is in the Paragon Primary Attribute Leadership.

JeanDeathwish
04-10-2006, 23:06
Aggressive Refrain is in the Paragon Primary Attribute Leadership.

Yes but if you look at the stats, currently it has nothing dependant on the attribute itself. During the preview Ranger groups were using it on themselves for a good attack speed boost. And with its 25 energy cost, I see Rangers the only viable profession to use it.

Artemis Shadowhawk
06-10-2006, 05:35
Yes but if you look at the stats, currently it has nothing dependant on the attribute itself. During the preview Ranger groups were using it on themselves for a good attack speed boost. And with its 25 energy cost, I see Rangers the only viable profession to use it.If you only ever have to cast it once. . .and just maintain it by spamming chants, what's the big deal?