PDA

View Full Version : Angelic Bond Chain

Artemis Shadowhawk
04-10-2006, 23:58
I had this idea for a mostly paragon group and it got me thinking of the possibilities of chaining Angelic Bond. It's going to be easiest to represent this with an example so I will do so. For simplicity's sake, I will only use a group of 4.

Paragon 1: Casts Angelic Bond on Paragon 2
Paragon 2: Casts Angelic Bond on Paragon 3
Paragon 3: Casts Angelic Bond on Paragon 4
Paragon 4: Casts Angelic Bond on Paragon 1

Therefore would damage be mitigated four ways? I.e. if Paragon 1 got hit for 40 damage, he would take 20, Paragon 2 would take 20. However, Paragon 2 would receive only half damage and therefore 10 and Paragon 3 would receive 10. However, Paragon 3 would only receive half damage and therefore 5 and Paragon 4 would receive 5. And so on.

The benefit of this? Spiking becomes nigh empossible as you could only ever spike at half damage. The damage distribution is exactly the same, but it practically eliminates the chance for spiking, without incurring the chance of dual spiking. That is, when a foe would identify the bonder and attack the bonder or both targets. Saying each Paragon is considered a bonder, there will be no way to avoid only every dealing half damage to your target.

Furthermore, how would damage reduction affect this situation? If each Paragon has damage reduction 2. Let's run through that original example. Paragon 1 takes 38 damage, which becomes 19. Paragon 2 takes 17 damage which becomes 8.5. Paragon 3 takes 6.5 damage which becomes 3.25. Paragon 4 takes 1.25 damage which becomes .625. Therefore, the damage would be reduced on each step of the cycle and therefore damage reduction would affect the overall damage multiple times making it more effective.

Mostly, this is just a practice in theory of the skill, but it might yield some beneficial possibilities.

Zingeri
05-10-2006, 01:57
That would technically work, I think. But it's 4 Paragons. :undecided:

Might be amusing in TA, but that's it.

Artemis Shadowhawk
05-10-2006, 02:10
Paragon spike? Similar to ranger spike. I mean they have some high damage skills plus some awesome spiking skills. A group something like 5 paragons, mesmer, 2 monks. Get a 5-man chain going then bond the monks into it. Focus on spear skills to dish out some good damage in spike form. Paragons actually have a lot of synergy that they can use. It also makes finales a lot easier to maintain on the entire team. Being based around shouts offers a few benefits, such as no enchant removal and etc. It could be pretty interesting.

Fownkaymownkay
05-10-2006, 12:39
Hahah that WOULD be pretty cool. An un-removable bond. I think a lot of teams have found themselve a new type of bonder. (For mesmer-heavy areas / teams at least).

Bravo
05-10-2006, 15:27
Doesn't work (tested in the first nightfall weekend).

Phoebus
05-10-2006, 16:31
Bravo, was Healing Seed, RoF or similar skills working on the Angelic Bonder?

Bravo
05-10-2006, 16:33
Didn't test those, but the damage wasn't spread around the whole party like the original poster was hoping...

Bozo69PD
06-10-2006, 05:08
yeah, its the same as lifebond, someone takes damage his bonder divides it that is it. Like if you have 2 bonders the damage does not ping back and forth until it is 0.

Killradio
06-10-2006, 05:19
can u cast a shout on yourself?

Sleepwalkerr
06-10-2006, 11:48
If you shout, do you hear it? If you do, you are effected by it.

lavenbb
07-10-2006, 02:36
If you shout, do you hear it? If you do, you are effected by it.

It's actually not like that :P

If the shout says "target ally", then you can shout on yourself, like "Lead the Way!"
(Beware though, "target other ally" excludes yourself)

If the shout says "allies within earshot", you will be effected.

Shouts that have an effect on foes will not effect you.

Phoebus
07-10-2006, 07:46
Angelic Bond
Elite Skill: 5 Energy, 1s Cast, 5s Recharge
For 10...30 seconds, all damage suffered by target other ally is divided equally with you.

Artemis Shadowhawk
07-10-2006, 23:12
Angelic Bond
Elite Skill: 5 Energy, 1s Cast, 5s Recharge
For 10...30 seconds, all damage suffered by target other ally is divided equally with you.Well yeah, you're not going to divide the damage against you equally with you. . .

neoflame
08-10-2006, 00:58
Probably would work similarly to Life Bond, i.e. bond damage cannot be redirected. Frankly I'd rather chain "Incoming!" until my enemies ragequit in frustration.

Fownkaymownkay
08-10-2006, 06:34
Frankly I'd rather chain "Incoming!" until my enemies ragequit in frustration.
HAhahahahaa thats a good idea. Gotta try that one out for sure.

cranialexodus
08-10-2006, 16:36
yeah use incoming with QZ and you don't even need that much gimping to keep it up most the time.

balts spirit works with this I assume? If so this is very good skill for pve, a bonder's potentially infinite energy and utility without the downside of the enchants being removable or an upkeep cost. And you can easily maintain it on say 3 meleers who will actually be getting hurt without even much investment. Downside being inferior self-healing potential.

Fownkaymownkay
09-10-2006, 15:34
Signet of Synergy + Leader's Comfort

You will be fine :grin: