PDA

View Full Version : How would you mod your favorite scythe?

Ivan Drago
08-10-2006, 14:34
While everyone agrees that different builds demand different scythe setups, what would be your general choice?

I thought of a

Zealous
Scythe of
Fortitude +30

many +2/+3 Energy swings in PvE.

But a Sundering Scythe (combine with Wild Blow) or a Vampiric Scythe (5/1 !!!) for sure have their merits, too.

I also like the Icy Mod of the Preorder Scythe, it is good as long as you do not fight rangers. Plus I hope there will be some cold vulnerable desert creatures out there.

But how about the 20% Enchantments mod? Are there really that many enchantments that you want to extend by 1/5? I often used enchantments just to trigger their effect by using a scythe attack to remove them immediately.

fire nin
08-10-2006, 15:09
I will most likely be using the preorder weapon and adding either a zealous or a vamp mod and a +29 fortitude. (+30 is too expensive)

Kjentei
09-10-2006, 09:18
Scythes!

I'm planning to try Vampiric, Zealous and Sundering.

Paul Pluto
09-10-2006, 14:22
What worried me was when I used the priest of balthazar to look at scythe mods they seemed to be lesser than other classes. Like I could only find an armor+4 mod not +5. Is this just me not pvping enough to unlock such things or a subtle way of balancing scythes?

Either way, I'd say a zealous mod against mobs really would be pretty fearful.

Not sure about having a favourite scythe just yet though. With any class I always like to have varying weapons for builds.

But my pre-order one will do nicely til I get a green or a good gold.

lavenbb
10-10-2006, 01:30
a vampiric + enchanting, and a sundering + fortitute

Seef II
11-10-2006, 00:43
Probably elemental, vamp, and zealous of defense. I'll be aiming for all four elements. Inherent "inscription" either while enchanted, or 15^50 depending on playstyle.

matishalin
11-10-2006, 12:22
im gunno go vamp or zealous

Crazy Ivan
15-10-2006, 14:42
Zealous Death's Grip Scythe of Enchanting

I have a build planned that would like the Enchanting mod :D

Zealous is just for the energy.

SilenceoftheWord
15-10-2006, 15:20
At least 4 scythes( including pre-order one)

Icy pre-order one
Earth for Earth paryers skills
Vampiric( That you seem to hit 3 in one strike means 15 health per strike= yummeh! )
Something with 15^50 or 15 While under enchantment( since D's have a lot a lot a lot of enchantments to play with)

Oyabun
16-10-2006, 03:04
What worried me was when I used the priest of balthazar to look at scythe mods they seemed to be lesser than other classes. Like I could only find an armor+4 mod not +5. Is this just me not pvping enough to unlock such things or a subtle way of balancing scythes?

Either way, I'd say a zealous mod against mobs really would be pretty fearful.

Not sure about having a favourite scythe just yet though. With any class I always like to have varying weapons for builds.

But my pre-order one will do nicely til I get a green or a good gold.

That's just what happens when you have nothing unlocked. It defaults to the lowest level upgrade and you work your way up from there.

Raca Reznor
16-10-2006, 07:04
First of all i would love to have a one handed +5 sword with enchant longer and a 12 foci for one slot. since i have a build that doesnt attack and uses enchantments for AoE damage ( and the hiting for like 2-3 damage would go perfect for those nasty reversal monks. Gain 2 life punk!!! )

But i love the enchant longer mod first off. This would only be for builds that need enchants lasting for mystic sweep. (+40 damage per hit ???? FTW!!!! )

also zealous is mainly for pve and you will see alot of elem damage for pvp damage giving.

+30 health is going to be popular as well since the lowered lvl of armor compaired to warrior and paragon.

Raven Flameheart
16-10-2006, 16:51
I'll be going for Zealous ... of Enchanting, maybe Zealous ... of Defence.

Moklar
16-10-2006, 19:10
I'm thinking

Zealous Scythe of Defense

I mean a dervish needs armor, right!

Zain Inferno
17-10-2006, 03:20
I'm going to get 2 Scythes...

Zealous "15% while Enchanted Scythe" of Fortitude(Defence if can't find the mod)

and a

Vampiric "15% while Enchanted Scythe" of Defence(Fortitude if i can't find the mod)

Tne Zealous one will be the preorder scythe modded to save money and because i'm going to need the zealous mod first(and i find that scythe to be damn sexy) and the other one will hopefully be dropped or will come from a chest, or there is a green that matches my wanted scythe perfectly...