PDA

View Full Version : BaR Off-Topic Thread

Pages : [1] 2 3 4 5 6

Quintus Antonius
09-10-2006, 23:03
This thread is for general chat, not necessarily related to Guild Wars. Feel free to discuss anything you like here.

Xenox
10-10-2006, 01:32
:wave: hello

Tsukasa Kusanagi
10-10-2006, 01:40
Wow, new forum, thread, new new new!

Hi! :wave:

Who likes the desden dolls?

Quintus Antonius
10-10-2006, 02:04
Desden dolls, never heard of them(?).

JustStuit
10-10-2006, 03:51
Sweet we get our own space. Lo everyone!

ZiegDivine
10-10-2006, 20:05
I'm on the first page.

Meagen
11-10-2006, 08:34
There is way too much cool stuff coming out this November. I'm already planning to get Nightfall and Neverwinter Nights 2, and Issue 8 of City of Heroes will be released about the same time. Curse the pre-holiday season.

Quintus Antonius
11-10-2006, 13:53
Thankfully, my birthday is on Thanksgiving, so right in that time between Thanksgiving and Christmas when so much awesome stuff comes out, I have a healthy supply of funds to buy things =D

I just bought the entire Mobile Suit Gundam series on DVD as well as Mobile Suit Gundam 0080: War in the Pocket. Next on my list is 0083: Stardust Memories, and then Zeta and ZZ Gundam, and Gundam F91. Then my UC century collection shall be complete!

Starrs
11-10-2006, 20:48
Gundam Wing was the best series. It was so intense, I loved every episode of it. Now time to find the DVD for it and Endless Waltz!

Quintus Antonius
11-10-2006, 23:25
You obviously haven't been watching Gundam long =P

Starrs
12-10-2006, 00:49
I played some games from the original and watched one of the older movies, but Wing was the one that got me hooked. For that reason it holds a special place in my heart.

Quintus Antonius
12-10-2006, 01:04
Different strokes for different folks, I guess. I personally consider them completely different franchises, that just happen to have the "Gundam" name tacked on. Gundam Wing is more or less a mishmash of the series that proceeded it, and was also not produced by Tomino, who created the Gundam franchise. In Japan, Wing bombed, it was only in America that is had such huge success. If anything, I have to appreciate that Wing was the first Gundam widely distributed in America, opening the door to the franchise here in the States.

Blazing Liger
12-10-2006, 02:23
I still have yet to watch a gundam series all the way through...With the exception of G Gundam. I'm trying to get all the fan-subbed episodes of Gundam 0079, but it's taking me quite a while. x.x Anybody here like Zoids? :grin:

Dallcingi
12-10-2006, 02:33
Gundams are cool! Too bad I only have one model of the small deathscythe guy though.. wish I had the large ones! They seem fun to decorare.

Blazing Liger
12-10-2006, 03:11
The only gundam I have is the Death Scythe Hell Custom (the one from Endless Waltz). I also have a few Zoid models (Blade Liger and Geno Breaker [imported], and the Konig Wolf and Lightning Saix [American]).

Quintus Antonius
12-10-2006, 05:52
Let's not get me started on my Gundam collection....

Meagen
12-10-2006, 11:51
Giant robots aren't really my thing. I much prefer Magical Girls. Give me some Tokyo Mew Mew or other pink sparkling braincandy anytime. :)

Quintus Antonius
12-10-2006, 13:56
... pink sparkling braincandy anytime.

Right, one honey-glazed frozen brain-on-a-stick coming right up! :brainiac:

zelosjr
12-10-2006, 17:16
*Steal brain-on-a-stick*
Hey! That was mine! Or was it?
I'm bored so I'm going to ramble on about something I know uhhhhhhhhhh..... something about?

WARNING, EXTREAM BORINGNESS AHEAD, READ AT YOUR OWN RISK!:rant:

In theory, theories are not very theoretical as the mostly include assumptions made by people who think that they are right and therefore are not really theories, but instead something else which is undoubtably a paradox because if something isn't itself yet it is something else, then something must be itself or it would explode in a firey ball of........ Ice. Which again is a paradox created by a paradox that is such, and no one really knows why but then something happens and then everyone dies. I think I make sence, yet I know i am wrong because everything that comes out of my mouth is BS and no un ain'tin be able tuh trust nothin dat com's outta muh mouth cuz I am compleatly unable to control anything that my mouth of fingers try to say because they just say it in a paradoxical way that involves ninjas, pirates, and ninja pirates. I am also offended by the jumping on the pirates fad bandwagon that people and people who make things are doing, because I liked pirates first before they were cool and even pillaged a town that doesn't exsist. A^D 1 tink taT tEh PuRAtes ur LYk SUUUUUUUUUUU cuul!11!!!!1!!!1211!!!!!one!!

I apoligise for any inconveniance, pain, or death that this has caused you.
NO REFUNDS!

Quintus Antonius
12-10-2006, 17:27
Actually, you are thinking of hypotheses. A theory, to be a theory, must be solidly based on fact, but not necessarily mathematically provable. =P

So what you should say is "Hypothetically, hypotheses are not very hypothetical..."

The rest of what you said just makes me see pain.

zelosjr
12-10-2006, 17:33
I know what I was thinking of.
It was Pie.

Anyways, how do I get a sig here?

Quintus Antonius
12-10-2006, 21:18
Only PALs and staff have sigs. It's a incentive to support the site with the PAL program.

Pan just has a sig because he is copying and pasting it everytime he posts, lol.

zelosjr
13-10-2006, 03:08
I see.
Very unfairnesslike.

I have many pretty, witty, and *** sigs. (Ahhh! they edit a song? how evil!)

Quintus Antonius
13-10-2006, 04:20
Actually, it's entirely fair. The cost for upkeeping servers is ridiculous, and Rush and Elly (the admins) do this out of their own pocket more or less. Being a PAL gives you a sig, and disables ads on the site at silver or above. Honestly, you lose nothing by not being a PAL, so it is completely fair.

zelosjr
13-10-2006, 21:04
I see. Well, if I currently don't have the maximum number of benifits every at once, I see it as unfair.

I think even being a god would be unfair to me somehow.

Quintus Antonius
13-10-2006, 21:37
Once you have a job and have to pay bills, you will think differently.

zelosjr
15-10-2006, 03:07
I think you underestimate how stubborn I am.

Starrs
17-10-2006, 01:39
I have wonderful news! I just got a new pad for Dance Dance Revolution. After one month of not being able to play, I'm able to start playing the game again. Anyone else play DDR?

Dallcingi
17-10-2006, 02:33
Heh, I stink at DDR though it is good to lose weight or get fit by playing this game. Too bad my bro hogs the ps2 so I can hardly play! I like the songs though haha.

Blazing Liger
17-10-2006, 03:39
I don't own the game or anything and I'm awful at it too, but it sure is fun at parties and stuff! ^.^

Quintus Antonius
17-10-2006, 04:29
DDR is the Far East's ultimate weapon to aide in the downfall of Western Civilization. They know most Westerners are fat or ridiculously out of shape, yet will try to play anyway and give themselves a coronary, and those of us who are in shape enough to play will become addicted, paving the way for the Asians to invade.

It's the truth, whether you accept it or not!

Ryuchan
17-10-2006, 05:18
I'm on the first page.

you also smell!!

yhm
17-10-2006, 05:49
Pan just has a sig because he is copying and pasting it everytime he posts, lol.

No, i just use the good ol' typing technique.:tongue:

Dallcingi
18-10-2006, 04:20
I have a suggestion: rules and guidelines for the guild before anything goes wrong (since we are growing at a fast pace). If there are some already established, plz sticky it! (Saw one guy acting up kinda... but I forgot who. Probably a new recruit) Thanks!

zelosjr
18-10-2006, 04:22
Probally me, I'm weird like that.

Quintus Antonius
18-10-2006, 04:47
I have a suggestion: rules and guidelines for the guild before anything goes wrong (since we are growing at a fast pace). If there are some already established, plz sticky it! (Saw one guy acting up kinda... but I forgot who. Probably a new recruit) Thanks!

Agreed. If someone is acting inappropiate, please report him or her to myself or an officer, either in-game or via PM here on GWO. Your report will be kept anonymous.

I don't feel it is proper to "mandate" rules to the guild, so I will create a thread to discuss rules so that we all agree on them.

Dallcingi
18-10-2006, 04:51
Agreed. If someone is acting inappropiate, please report him or her to myself or an officer, either in-game or via PM here on GWO. Your report will be kept anonymous.

I don't feel it is proper to "mandate" rules to the guild, so I will create a thread to discuss rules so that we all agree on them.

Sounds good to me :smiley:

Starrs
20-10-2006, 22:09
When did we get a private forum? (Quint should start it off being the Guild Leader :tongue:)

Quintus Antonius
20-10-2006, 22:17
Private forum.....I have NO idea what you are talking about, Waffle......

zelosjr
20-10-2006, 23:37
Are you serious Quintus? Or is that really, really, really, bad and unfunny sarcasm?

Quintus Antonius
21-10-2006, 04:57
Well I'll tell you what it's not. It's definitely not a cover-up.

zelosjr
21-10-2006, 04:59
I see. A cover-up in which someone covers up something it is not eh?

Or is it?

Quintus Antonius
21-10-2006, 05:08
Or is it indeed....? O.o

I swear, it's just a weather ballon.

zelosjr
21-10-2006, 05:27
What's a ballon? Is it like a ballot? Hmmmmmm.... Ballon.... Ballot.... The fact that you are a communist pigdog....... I GET IT NOW! You are trying the rig the september election two months from now!!
We must all remember not to vote! it is the only way to defeat communism! He can't rig what isn't there!

Drarra
25-10-2006, 19:52
My copy of Nightfall arrived this morning! :grin:

Can't wait until Friday....

Quintus Antonius
25-10-2006, 23:50
I just got a call from EBGames saying that my copy will be there tomorrow afternoon! =D

Germanus Octavius
26-10-2006, 04:24
ahh darn I didnt know Nightfall was coming out tomorrow.... i need money.... sweet succulent money

zelosjr
26-10-2006, 04:34
So, we buy it 1-2 days before we can even play it? Wierdish. To the max.

Meagen
26-10-2006, 12:50
So, we buy it 1-2 days before we can even play it? Wierdish. To the max.

Some people are impatient.

*calls up her store repedately to see if they have the game yet*

Quintus Antonius
26-10-2006, 13:55
Well, it's also called a "pre-order". You pay some money in advance, and get the game early before anyone else, so you are guaranteed a copy. I'd rather have the game two days before I can play it and know I'll be able to play it, than wait till release, find out they don't have any more copies, and have to wait for a week or more after the game is public.

GMPrime
26-10-2006, 21:45
...find out they don't have any more copies, and have to wait for a week or more after the game is public.

This brings up a question I've always wondered about... does the online supply of keys run out? I understand if you want to buy the actual hard copy of the game, but I've heard several references that imply that if the local store runs out, you have to wait for them to restart. Is this the case?

Now that I think about it, I realize some people don't like using credit cards... is this the only reason?

Quintus Antonius
26-10-2006, 21:45
I just got my copy of Guild Wars: Nightfall CE! *is excited*

Drarra
26-10-2006, 22:45
I know how you feel. I was positively gleeful opening my CE last night.

Dallcingi
27-10-2006, 02:13
I'm still debating whether to take CE or normal... insights/opinions? I got the cash lol... just dunno if its actually worth it (since the costs do add up if I do buy every GW chapter released...)

zelosjr
27-10-2006, 02:32
I'm not saying that I didn't pre-order it myself, but I think it is quite wierd to essentially buy something before you can use it, along with the fact that I payed the full amount for my CE a month ago(and got it today)

OMGWTFBBQ HAXORISH!!!! uH Nuwerer BUW-WAY dISkes MOWvIes CUMDED OUt!!!!11!!!!11!!2!!! eYe MAY NED PAY-Saten TrEE 2 u se TEM BUrteD Tehz bE LE PWONZORERER-like-iSHy. SuuuUUEEEEEEWE EY MUSE bAY!!!2 t3M!!!!!!!111!!!1!!!!!

If you catch my drift(which I don't)

Blazing Liger
27-10-2006, 02:51
I just got my copy of the CE today, too. *squeals with excitement* I can't wait to play it!!! ^.^

zelosjr
27-10-2006, 12:03
Nightfall is in the being launcheded as of today.......-ness

This day can only be described as purpletacular!

Drarra
30-10-2006, 22:11
*Excitement*

Just made reservations for vacation - Vegas, here I come! :grin:

Moonthorn
30-10-2006, 22:18
Just remember ...What happens in Vegas...Stays in Vegas:wink:

Have Fun!!

Duskstryder
30-10-2006, 23:03
Remember those things called dot matrix printers? Ya, we gottem here at the computer lab I'm working at- o the horrors when they go buggy.
And remember that noise they made? When I get bored like now, I miss that noise even if it is times 4.:listen:

:soapbox: ya I just wanted to stick that in (what am I gonna do w/ a soap smiley?)
:soapbox: + :listen: = I can hear now!

GMPrime
30-10-2006, 23:06
:soapbox: ya I just wanted to stick that in (what am I gonna do w/ a soap smiley?)
:soapbox: + :listen: = I can hear now!

I believe that is your soapbox. Get on it when you rant.

Quintus Antonius
30-10-2006, 23:10
Oh the days of dot-matrix printers. That brings back memories.

hatelull
31-10-2006, 21:52
Oh the days of dot-matrix printers. That brings back memories.

1200 Baud Trade Wars Action for the win!

Barcardi The Cat
01-11-2006, 20:39
I'm at work now. And bored. I'm not even meant to have accsess to a computer but I sneaked away and found one. I read the off topic thread because I'm fed up that I can't play the game at work and needed some off topic things to laugh at. Now I find half the thread goes on about ppl recieving nightfall. Not happy now.
Why does our off topic (ie non game) thread contain game related things?
I'm going to sulk now and be grumpy to ppl at work all night now because of it (ohh I do that anyway dammit). I wanna play nightfall!!!!

*sulks away into the night*

Drarra
01-11-2006, 21:19
Awww.... Fan, don't get mad at us.

If it makes you feel any better, I'm at work right now, too. I'm reading forums to help with my GW withdrawl symptoms until I can go home and mainline some GW to get my fix.

You're not alone - let's stand together in NF-deprived solidarity! :grin:

Barcardi The Cat
01-11-2006, 21:34
Yeh!!! Storm the castle!!! I'm with you.
Grrrr silly work interfering with my nightfall plans for world domination. And the worse thing is Spider hasn't found a job yet (only moved down to me a few weeks ago) so he's sitting in front of the computer 24/7.
I'm starving as well so to get ppl back onto the off topic subject here's a question....what's your favorite food?
At the moment I'm dreaming of going home (in another 9 hours bah) and chomping into a plate of nachos with cheese and salsa and maybe, if I can find any, some sour cream dip. Mmmmmmm

Drarra
01-11-2006, 22:36
We're on a similar wavelength, Fan. Earlier today, I was contemplating the "random question game" as I call it, and favorite food was one of the questions.

I have so many favorite foods it's difficult to choose one... so I will select the category of seafood. (Apologies to those with seafood/shellfish allergies or phobias.) Lobster, shrimp, fish, mmm.... so many delectable possibilities.

The only bad thing is that I don't live on the coast, and it's not easy to find REALLY GOOD seafood. :sad:

tormented angel
01-11-2006, 22:49
thanks alot u 2 now i want fish and shrimp hadnt had a decent fish in soo long its so much tastier when u catch it yourself but since its going to be winter for me soon i cant go oh well my fav food would have to be hmm damn so amny to choose from... im going with ribs ooohhhh the bbg dripping off them and the meat being so moist mmmmm

zelosjr
02-11-2006, 01:18
Fan Tasy, I'll have you know I spam plenty in this thread, in fact, everywhere I go is bound to turn in to an endless spam and bad-grammerer and loser-ness and stuff(and bad speeling) war of epic proportions that cannot be explained by our current theories of quantum mechanics and/or psycology or some such non-nonsence.

I belive that my very existance is proof by god that life's only point is to have fun and not care about anything execept having fun, and not even that. I also invented the paradox, the question mark, the letter Q(only the capitalized version), irony, lying, bad grammer, the word "unvincible", dinosaurs, rain, and space heaters. I also had something to do with TVs, but I can't remember what.

Blazing Liger
02-11-2006, 02:03
Hmmm, favorite food? That's a tough one...Well, I like sushi and pizza and pasta...and cheese, oh, and taquitos. Can't forget about those, heehee. :grin:

Starrs
02-11-2006, 02:09
Zelos, please don't spam and make you messages legible. Bit o' randomness in the off-topic thread is fine, but not in other threads where it will be de-railing the thread's original purpose.

As for favourite food? Well now Drarra, ye set me a toughy. :angry: I do believe I'm gonna have to say my favourite food is...*drum roll* Chicken baked in the oven with bread crumbs and mushroom soup, with some peas, patatas (or as some people know 'em as, potatoes), brocoli with cheese sauce and a cake for dessert. The cake being a recipe I gots where ye make a chocolate cake, and then throw some chocolate chips on top and it's so magnificient. And yes I realize I just listed a full course meal, but it's hard to narrow it all down!

Now I'm hungry! :thumbsdown:

dbf
02-11-2006, 02:41
Anyone ever have the Ruby Tuesday's Triple Prime Burger? That thing is amazing, best burger i've had.

Barcardi The Cat
02-11-2006, 19:44
Ok changed my mind....sitting here with a small donner kebab with loads of salad on it. Mmmmmmm

Quintus Antonius
02-11-2006, 21:06
Anyone ever have the Ruby Tuesday's Triple Prime Burger? That thing is amazing, best burger i've had.

Can't say I ever have, but I can tell you it is certainly on my "To Do" list.

RazakVolcanis
04-11-2006, 09:11

<Advertisement>

Hmm... I don't know about that... If you're ever in the Boston, MA area, check out this place called "Krazy Karry's Backyard Grill" in Woburn or Arlington. That place has 100% certified Angus beef flown in that morning and consumed by close. They have no freezers to store beef with. Their burgers are huge and the toppings are absolutely fantastic. Yes, the burgers are a little pricey, but well worth it. If anything, check out the Woburn location (it's much cheaper than Arlington, only due to the economics of the area in comparison) and then visit the place next door called "Breaker's Ice Cream", which has awesome local dairy-provided ice cream from Richardson's Famous Dairy Farms.

</Advertisement>

Anyway, I'm done with that rant, I hope anyone who is in the area can check it out! Friend of mine actually is dating the chain owner's daughter. That's the only reason I ever found out about it! He got to taste test every single burger recipe and topping setup for the burgers before the owner finalized on what the menu would end up being when he opened the stores a few years ago.

I have wonderful news! I just got a new pad for Dance Dance Revolution. After one month of not being able to play, I'm able to start playing the game again. Anyone else play DDR?

Oh god, I have two pads, one of which has a malfunctioning right arrow button. My friend back in the dorms actually got me, my roommate, and a bunch of other friends of mine addicted about two years ago, and I loved it enough to buy my own pair of pads + adaptor off of eBay for $50. As far as how good I am, meh, I'll let the half-asian stereotypes be the judge. :grin:

Drarra
06-11-2006, 22:10
For all who enjoy discussing American stereotypes, I have a new word for you!

bubulcitate - to cry like a cowboy; to work as a cowboy

This word is courtesty of my daily word calendar. May all find ways to use it while discussing cowboys! :grin:

GMPrime
06-11-2006, 22:14
...how does a cowboy cry? *anticipates bad jokes*

Barcardi The Cat
07-11-2006, 06:47
.....sorry I thought the mad king had returned with one of his jokes there......

Starrs
09-11-2006, 22:19
I do believe I am hurting something fierce. Rowing training started at my school again and all I can say is ow. :grin:. Anyone else row or do any other sports?

Duskstryder
09-11-2006, 22:22
Argh, this post i proving to be detrimental to my psychological stability... reading talk about scrumptious food after having chip crumbs and few handfuls of dried fruit for lunch is driving me nuts, and I can't get supper for another 2 hours. I wish I had the psychic ability to conjure food. But then I still couldn't eat since food isn't allowed here in the lab. NOOOOO!

dbf
09-11-2006, 22:30
I do believe I am hurting something fierce. Rowing training started at my school again and all I can say is ow. :grin:. Anyone else row or do any other sports?

I do intramurals almost every quarter, but I don't have time to do any organized sports that require practice ;p

Duskstryder
09-11-2006, 22:41
I tend to be the rather unathletic type, so I stick the less-coordinated ones like biking, climbing and fishing. That doesn't mean I don't try the others though- there's nothing like playing soccer(football/fusball for you nonAmerican types) with some local Mexican folks (including a former professional) in the dry Mexican heat in the evening (I wish East Texas heat was that dry). Good times.

Quintus Antonius
09-11-2006, 23:12

I'm a Pitt collegate fencer, I also play Ultimate Frisbee and some soccer when I get a chance. I used to shoot archery, but there isn't a range around here.

Blazing Liger
10-11-2006, 03:28
I'm incredibly un-athletic, and always have been. I've wanted to learn martial arts or fencing or something for the longest time, though.

Quintus Antonius
10-11-2006, 03:40
Best way to learn something is to do it. Sitting around saying "I want to" doesn't get it done.

Blazing Liger
10-11-2006, 04:44
Well, I did plan my schedule next quarter so that I could maybe go to the fencing club if I so choose. As it is now I'd have to choose between that and dinner and since dinner is oft times my one meal of the day you can see which one wins out...

dbf
10-11-2006, 08:39
wow I couldn't survive on one meal a day

Blazing Liger
10-11-2006, 10:03
Well, I do tend do a bit of snacking after dinner, and I wake up late (around noon sometimes). I'm almost nocturnal, as it were.

Quintus Antonius
10-11-2006, 13:42
Which I find ridiculous. Recent studies have shown that sleeping past noon more than a few times a month actually lowers your life expectancy and dimnishes that effectiveness of your immune system.

soulwar
10-11-2006, 17:15
!!!
Darn...

Better not sleep in. :(

zelosjr
10-11-2006, 19:11
I sleep till 12 every sunday. Is that bad?

Anyways, Why am I the youngest person in the guild? It angeritises me.

soulwar
10-11-2006, 22:00
No, I think I'm the youngest.

Quintus Antonius
10-11-2006, 23:48
I'm not talking about till Noon, Riunne sleeps till like 3 in the afternoon.

Anyway, the reason you people are so young and we are so old is because 75% of people who play MMORPGs are above 19. So, yeah, you are a minority. That's okay though, we are glad to have you in the guild.

soulwar
11-11-2006, 02:26
Hey everyone, call zelosjr "bob".

It's his real name. *wink*

Blazing Liger
11-11-2006, 08:20
What? They said it was that bad? :shocked: Hmmm, perhaps I ought to wake up earlier...And I normally sleep in only till noon, Quint. I was just slow in getting ready today. x.X

dbf
11-11-2006, 09:48
I love sleeping in, unfortunately I don't get to very often :(

Quintus Antonius
11-11-2006, 16:15

>.> I thought it was Howie. haha

GMPrime
11-11-2006, 16:17

I could have sworn it was Lloyd...

soulwar
11-11-2006, 18:57
Well...

Apparently on TA yesterday, he was Bob.

And he likes it. *I run off*

zelosjr
11-11-2006, 20:26
My name is not bob. It is The Supreme Overlord of your Death by banana Sythe.

Starrs
12-11-2006, 04:28
Maybe I'll call you Caps, cause man were you typing in caps last night. :tongue:

RazakVolcanis
12-11-2006, 20:20
His name is most definitely Bob. He told me so over ventrilo a few days ago!

By the way, those of you who haven't gotten onto ventrilo yet, you should, those of us who are always have a blast making fun of eachother vocally. :grin:

tormented angel
12-11-2006, 21:09
u are always trying to get ppl on vent took u and drarra awhile to get me on and i have to say it is fun with u 2 on speacially last night in fow

Barcardi The Cat
12-11-2006, 21:36
Lol. I just signed into the game for a couple of secs and I got mugged to come onto vent. I had to say no unfortently. I havn't been on gw the last couple of days because I've hurt my hand a bit and it's my mouse holding hand. Don't know how long I'll be out of the game but I hope it won't be long. So I'm just taking it easy and chilling out for a while.
Hope you guys miss me :wink:

Quintus Antonius
12-11-2006, 21:50
Aw, get well soon Fan. I wondered why you hadn't been on much.

Drarra
13-11-2006, 17:54
Hopefully your hand will heal quickly. It's very unfun it is to sit in front of a computer when your hand is throbbing...

Feel better!

Duskstryder
13-11-2006, 23:25
Stupid cookies... I've been trying to get into Gmail for awhile now, then it dawned on me to clear cookies, and POOF! it works. Same thing happened w/ my school's spam filter today.

On the other hand, cookies are tasty, heheh. My mom's recipe is so good I made them myself now that I'm away (otherwise, I don't bake- the cookies are just that good :thumbsup: ).

RazakVolcanis
14-11-2006, 00:05
I want some cookies... I usually don't ever get around to having time to bake things myself though. It's quite unfortunate, I think. I rely on Banquet TV-style nukable dinners. Then again, I got 10 for $10 at the local Price Chopper supermarket!

zelosjr
14-11-2006, 00:09
Price Chopper???????????????

What are you, chinese?(I kid our mighty overlords, please don't kill me)

dbf
14-11-2006, 00:20
aww man I can't stand those TV dinners, it only takes like 15-20 mins to boil some water and cook some pasta and it tastes alot better than those nasty tv dinners.

Shadow of Nothing
14-11-2006, 00:30
Two words: Ramen Noodles.

Man those things taste good. Of course, with all the MSG and junk in it, they might as well rename it from "Cup of Noodles" to "Cup of Heart Attack." I looked at the nutrition facts on one and realized that I should stop eating them so much.

dbf
14-11-2006, 00:32
Yeah, they arn't any better than the tv dinners ;p

Quintus Antonius
14-11-2006, 00:55
Price Chopper???????????????

What are you, chinese?(I kid our mighty overlords, please don't kill me)

Considering that something like 50 to 75% of our officers are Asian or Asian sympathizers, and our memberbase is extremely diverse, I'd be pretty damn careful about my word choice if I were you. You wouldn't want to come down with a case of foot-in-***.

soulwar
14-11-2006, 01:37
Hey, I'm chinese!

You take that back (No, just kidding.)

Duskstryder
14-11-2006, 22:02
@dbf
O ya, pasta is great- it tastes good and allows for creativity (I like to put all sorts of stuff in mine), and it's really filling and cheap too, both of which are very important to the poor college student:tongue:

And speaking of cheap college food, ramen is definitely one of the best (I put stuff in that too heheh). As for unhealthy, I think Bill Cosby said it best(my memory's a bit fuzzy so I'll paraphrase): at least I'll die happy w/ a grease ring around my mouth:grin:

Drarra
15-11-2006, 01:30
I'm stuck between two conversations here. One is two women discussing soap operas. The other is two men discussing comic books.

The scary part is how much the conversations are alike. It's as though they're all talking about the same thing.

Thank goodness I go home soon!

RazakVolcanis
15-11-2006, 04:44
haha, I AM KOREAN, not chinese! I'm not offended, I make fun of my half-Korean-ness all the time.

But no, Price Chopper is the name of a supermarket chain here in New England, or at least in Massachusetts. We've also got Hannaford and Super Stop & Shop (awesome name, eh?) Price Chopper is awesome though because you get this card that gives you more discounts on stuff for using it, and things get really REALLY cheap that way.

And yes, Ramen has the same nutrition as a bag of potato chips. But the MSG is soooooooo tasty... Mmmmmm... And yeah, Ramen is totally the official food of the poor, disaffected, college student.

zelosjr
15-11-2006, 16:23
MSG = Good
It also gives me un-removable gas for about 2 days.

So, anyone else getting the Wii at launch?

GMPrime
15-11-2006, 21:38
MSG = Good
So, anyone else getting the Wii at launch?

Being a diehard Nintendo fan, I'm going to give it a serious try. However, I didn't preorder, so it's going to be an uphill battle.

I'm trying to make the switch to the DSK (http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Dvorak_Simplified_Keyboard) keyboard layout. Does anyone use this? I'm curious if it's worth the trouble of changing.

tormented angel
15-11-2006, 23:58
na im not getting wii since imho ninentdo should go the way of genises (or w/e the correct spelling is),and sega dreamcast,the best system was snes after that they should have stopped making nin,since all the games i see are mario and for kiddies but like i said its imho so im not hating the peeps who play it still my money is on ps3 but umm no way in hell will i buy it im w8 for a price drop even thou it will be a long w8 :( and never will i buy a xbox oh and last think i do think that nintendo does have a really good idea with the sensor controller sinc ei do give them credit for being innovatitve for the next-gen i just am tired of mario and they ruined metroid and zelda by going 3-d

soulwar
16-11-2006, 00:25
<link removed>

Really cool songs (well, at least to me)

RazakVolcanis
16-11-2006, 00:26
Me and some friends are gonna set up camp outside of Best Buy for the Wii with a table and some cards. Oh yeah, we'll be playin Euchre all night long, haha!

Yeah, I didn't preorder the Wii either, but Best Buy didn't offer preorders, so it's ok! :smiley: Yeah, and as for the PS3 or XBox 360, there just isn't anything new there aside from HDTV support. I don't have an HDTV, nor am I willing to shell out additional money to buy one (cheap college student :sad: ). Also, I just don't like how they're essentially cramming one of two HD video standards down your throat after buying one, granted with the XBox 360, you have the option of purchasing the add on for that. When I want a game console, I want a damn game console!

I really am aching for something new as far as games are concerned, and after seeing releases like "RIDGE RACER 7" and other such sequels of sequels of sequels (etc...) offering really nothing new and creative, I get depressed. I hope Nintendo can influence the gaming market enough with the Wii (notice, I don't care whether they win this so called console war or not, I'm still gonna buy one regardless) such that we'll see some new creative and more innovative games in the future.

EDIT:
And Soulwar, is that the guy who did the IRC Bot song and the one song about DOTA? Haha! Only in Sweden would songs like those top the charts for a month straight, but they are quite catchy, I will admit.

soulwar
16-11-2006, 01:02
Yeah, basshunter's the guy who did the two songs, topping a lot of europe's song charts...

I might get a Wii or 360 next year for my bday-not a ps3, because it's too adv.

Barcardi The Cat
16-11-2006, 03:51
Problem: Spider drools over the Wii website every time he gets a free moment
I want to get my hands on a PS3 so bad I might have to move Spider out to make room for it

Problem solved: NO MONEY!!!!!! Can't have either so no more arguments.

Quintus Antonius
16-11-2006, 05:16
Hey soulwar, sorry bud, but I had to remove the link. GWO has rules against outside linking, and I don't want to get in trouble for allowing it. If you have to post a link, make sure it's in the private forum, where people aren't exposed to it.

GMPrime
16-11-2006, 11:22
Hey soulwar, sorry bud, but I had to remove the link. GWO has rules against outside linking, and I don't want to get in trouble for allowing it. If you have to post a link, make sure it's in the private forum, where people aren't exposed to it.

Well then, I had a link in my last post in this thread, in case you missed it. Wouldn't want you to get in trouble lol.

Quintus Antonius
16-11-2006, 14:09
Yeah, I can't seem to find it. I appreciate your honesty, could you help me out with a link to the post?

GMPrime
16-11-2006, 14:18
Yeah, I can't seem to find it. I appreciate your honesty, could you help me out with a link to the post?

o.0 http://forums.gwonline.net/showpost.php?p=4518622&postcount=119

DSK- links to a Wikipedia article

Barinthus
16-11-2006, 15:55
I hope that after PS3 comes out, PS2 pricing will drop.

yhm
16-11-2006, 16:29

ps2 price already drop, saw target offering them for $129. :grin:

zelosjr
16-11-2006, 16:43
they ruined metroid and zelda by going 3-d

Haved you played Orcarina of Time? Majora's Mask? Seriously, those were the best games of the series.

About metroid, I personally liked Prime(they were harder than the 2d games), but I see your argument, the old games were much awesomer.

Quintus Antonius
16-11-2006, 16:57
Agreed on the Metriod, disagree totally on Zelda.

o.0 http://forums.gwonline.net/showpost.php?p=4518622&postcount=119

DSK- links to a Wikipedia article

Wikipedia is fine.

tormented angel
16-11-2006, 20:07
Haved you played Orcarina of Time? Majora's Mask? Seriously, those were the best games of the series.

About metroid, I personally liked Prime(they were harder than the 2d games), but I see your argument, the old games were much awesomer.

yes i played all of them and did not care for the move i wont even play castelvania in 3-d and no they werent the best game in the series the first one and the snes one were the best of all time

GMPrime
16-11-2006, 21:13
Wikipedia is fine.

Ok, sorry... I thought of that as an outside link lol.

Agreed on the Metriod, disagree totally on Zelda.

You don't like OOT and MM? I love them both... although not sure if they hold the place "best game in the series." Hopefully TP will take that.

Duskstryder
16-11-2006, 23:05

O ya, I'm all about the bargains, cuz yes, I'm cheap.
:soapbox:
That's why ramen will always be good-different flavors w/ good flavor, and all kinds of things can be put in it- all of this is why ramen will always be a good choice for no matter how much money I have.

That's an image that amuses me: sittin in a leather easy chair in my big old mansion watchin the big screen w/ a bowl of ramen in front of me, and I give the cook the night off cuz I can make ramen myself. I'll just use the extra money to buy walls of ramen :thumbsup: and maybe sprinkle some diamonds on it(Chappelle reference).

RazakVolcanis
17-11-2006, 01:21
Both of the Metroid Prime games were favorites of mine. With the new control scheme coming with the Wii, future Metroid games can only get more immersive with more intuitive gameplay (point and shoot, along with other more hands-on interactions).

Following along with the Zelda topic, I really enjoyed Ocarena of Time (except for that damned water temple *shakes fist* :angry: ), but not so much as far as Majora's Mask is concerned. Something about the 3-day time constraint just really REALLY bugged me. Don't get me wrong, it was an interesting idea, there were quite a lot of things to do, but it still bugged the hell outta me seeing that creepy moon staring me in the face every time I was outside. Also, as much as people may want to slam Wind Waker, I thought the cel-shading really did do that game justice. Sit and watch it sometime and just be amazed at the potential that cel-shading provides as far as expressions and visuals are concerned. I think cel-shaded games have quite a bit of potential, and aren't quite as hard on the hardware either (especially that of the Dreamcast, Gamecube, PS2, and Xbox-era of non-high-def awesome sparkly super ridiculous graphical power capable consoles, which would probably also include the Wii). Games like Tales of Symphonia and Okami just look stunning with the cel-shaded graphics. I also kinda dig the more lively return to the cartoony-style graphics prevalent with the older Nintendo and Sega consoles (then again, they really didn't have too much choice with those consoles' graphical realism either) and/or the very fluid anime-style visuals.

I have a lot of hope for Twilight Princess. Apparantly reviewers have claimed that the game is set to take around 60 hours to complete. And that gimmicky fishing game just looks like it's going to suck away my life. :embarassed: You guys just may not see me for the next 2 weeks. :rolleyes:

Quintus Antonius
17-11-2006, 02:17
You don't like OOT and MM? I love them both... although not sure if they hold the place "best game in the series." Hopefully TP will take that.

No, I do. I was disagreeing that they are inferior to the old 8-bit games.

Blazing Liger
17-11-2006, 09:23
I don't see why no one likes Majora's Mask. I quite enjoyed the game. Although, that might be because I was playing it on an emulator...Honestly, save states are wonderful. Ocarina of Time was pretty good, but Link to the Past was just classic.

Anyone here play Breath of Fire?

Starrs
17-11-2006, 12:02
Woo! Majora's! Game was a blast to play cause of the time limit. And for perfectionists like me, I had to collect all the masks, I loved it.

As for Breath of Fire, I played on of the GBA ports and they were alright, I just didn't get into them. I've shifted from playing RPG games to more strategy games and FPS over the years. <3 Fire Emblem and anything that lets me vent (and GW!). :tongue:

Quintus Antonius
17-11-2006, 13:21
Two words:

Fire. Emblem.

GMPrime
17-11-2006, 13:28
Fire Emblem is incredible.

I'm just sorry I can't read Japanese so I can't play the earlier ones.

Drarra
17-11-2006, 20:52
@Sheena, Razak and Aerith-

I have a great story for you guys. I'll have to tell it on vent later. I think you'll enjoy it. :grin:

RazakVolcanis
18-11-2006, 02:59
Oh man, I played one of the Fire Emblem games on the Gameboy Advance while chilling with a friend who was standing in line for the PSP release a year or so ago, and I got really into it. I was so sad when I had to go back to college and didn't get to finish it (I also don't have a Gameboy, I'm not really too thrilled about owning a portable console). So then I got Fire Emblem for the Gamecube, and that game is incredible. It's so hard to unlock all of the characters, and it's IMPOSSIBLE to get all of the story from just one playthrough (with the support system and only 3 conversations per character). This game doesn't seem to suffer from what some other games do in that it is a lot of fun to play through multiple times.

And Drarra, you better be right, I better be rolling on the floor laughing when you're done, haha. (Today has been generally slow / tiring... *sigh*)

Quintus Antonius
18-11-2006, 07:30
Fire Emblem is incredible.

I'm just sorry I can't read Japanese so I can't play the earlier ones.

All the old Fire Emblem games for the Nintendo and Gameboy are available as roms for emulators, most of which with English patches. The one's I've played were excellent quality too.

GMPrime
18-11-2006, 12:29
All the old Fire Emblem games for the Nintendo and Gameboy are available as roms for emulators, most of which with English patches. The one's I've played were excellent quality too.

Really? I've tried searching, but haven't come up with anything. I'll check again...

Quintus Antonius
18-11-2006, 15:47
Well since I've played them, they must exist =P

The Avatar
28-11-2006, 18:46
Two words:

Fire. Emblem.

what is fire emblem?

is that pokemon?

tormented angel
28-11-2006, 18:48
lol no fire emblem is not pokemon its an strategie/rpg and if i remember right it was on nintendo but surely it crossed over from japan

The Avatar
28-11-2006, 18:54
lol no fire emblem is not pokemon its an strategie/rpg and if i remember right it was on nintendo but surely it crossed over from japan

haha my bad. cuz i assume that ppl play gameboy play pokemon. There is a fire one (red version)

lol, anthony is gonna kill me.

Quintus Antonius
28-11-2006, 19:44
I liked Pokemon, before they rode it to death.

zelosjr
28-11-2006, 20:20
Fire Emblem + Wii - Sothe(WHY the HECK is he the main charicter *cries*) = god.

tormented angel
28-11-2006, 21:21
hmmm i wonder how many ppl i can get mad by saying something like nintendo is played out there games are for kids microsoft is for pozer's who thing there cool and know what there doing even tho they dont and that sony is were real gamer's go to hahahah i bet u all would be mad as hell if i said that....*thinking*....more *thinking*.....oh $#@% i just did umm errr
*runs like heck out of the guild hall with about every member on my tail with sticks and baseball bat's*

Barcardi The Cat
28-11-2006, 22:00
....apparently I have a 'thing' for Mario....... It's so not true I'm afraid.

Quintus Antonius
28-11-2006, 22:08
hmmm i wonder how many ppl i can get mad by saying something like nintendo is played out there games are for kids microsoft is for pozer's who thing there cool and know what there doing even tho they dont and that sony is were real gamer's go to hahahah i bet u all would be mad as hell if i said that....*thinking*....more *thinking*.....oh $#@% i just did umm errr
*runs like heck out of the guild hall with about every member on my tail with sticks and baseball bat's*

I'm tempted to agree, honestly. Those are the stereotypes. My solution is simple: I own them all.

Starrs
28-11-2006, 22:19
Fire Emblem + Wii - Sothe(WHY the HECK is he the main charicter *cries*) = god.

It isn't confirmed that he's the main character yet. :tongue:
As it stands, it's likely Miyaka (?). And anyways, it's Fire Emblem! Who cares! The games are amazing anyways. :laugh:

The Avatar
29-11-2006, 00:04
....apparently I have a 'thing' for Mario....... It's so not true I'm afraid.

omg, why u gotta bring this from yesterday.

RazakVolcanis
29-11-2006, 01:35
nintendo is played out there games are for kids

And to think, you said, yourself, that you thought the Wii Remote was friggin awesome and you'll probably end up getting one :grin:

tormented angel
29-11-2006, 06:13
And to think, you said, yourself, that you thought the Wii Remote was friggin awesome and you'll probably end up getting one :grin:

well if u read it all u knew i was kidding i have been thinking about it since it would be fun to play golf without a controller but what they really need to do is make a starwars game and let us weild a sabar and choose dark side or the light side of the force.. i would totally go to the dark side :grin:

Blazing Liger
29-11-2006, 07:47
Sony all the way. I would so get a PS3 if I were rich. But I'm not, so no next gen systems here. I got into console gaming late (little money, and my parents won't buy that sort of thing for me), so I still have plenty of games to play on my PS2.

dbf
29-11-2006, 09:10
I was a big fan of Playstation, but $500 is way too much :/ So it looks I'll be getting a 360 eventually.

Quintus Antonius
29-11-2006, 14:05
well if u read it all u knew i was kidding i have been thinking about it since it would be fun to play golf without a controller but what they really need to do is make a starwars game and let us weild a sabar and choose dark side or the light side of the force.. i would totally go to the dark side :grin:

I love how Ctrl+Alt+Del put it during E3 about the Wiimote. "I already know what jerking off feels like, it can't be much different..."

I'll be getting a PS3 as soon as they release the second batch. I never buy first batch consoles as they are almost always, without question, bugged or malfunctional, and plus, it's good to give the console time to release some games too. I also didn't feel like getting shot just to buy one.

zelosjr
29-11-2006, 15:09
The Wii consoles are not surprisingly, pretty much bug free(no one has reported anything at least)

Quintus Antonius
29-11-2006, 16:05
It's been out for a week, man. The Xbox360 and PS2 Slim didn't start having errors for nearly a month.

zelosjr
29-11-2006, 16:56
The XB360 had errors right out of the box at launch, and I don't know about PS2 as it wasn't worth buying(YAY emulators)

tormented angel
29-11-2006, 18:27
ok first off nintendo is way past its prime mario needs to be laid to rest metroid is not as fun anymore and zelda is getting to that point as well
its sad when those 3 franchise's keeps a company going nintendo could be soo much better if they drop mario lets face it there is only so much a fat italian plumber can do(no rascist remarks intended since im part italian)
so what if the ps3 has a high price point do u even know that its capabale of so much more than playing a simple video game can your wii let u make a slide show of your photo's or let u play blu-ray(when they make blu-ray dvd's)
hell if u think about it enough its like a computer is some way,can your wii do that i dont think so and xbox ha what a laughin stock 1 game halo if there was no halo xbox would be nothing,in any case these are my opinions take it how u want

zelosjr
29-11-2006, 18:40
Bah, Fable 2 is going to be awesome.

Anyone else not like this skin? And what's with the cross next to our names?

tormented angel
29-11-2006, 18:51
i kinda like the new look to this

Blazing Liger
29-11-2006, 19:10
I rather miss the old one...I opened up GWO and I was like 'Woah! What the heck happened?' :undecided:

As far as Nintendo needing to put its games to rest (the big franchises, anyway) , I think it'll happen soon enough. Well, they won't stop making them, but people will stop buying them. Like what happened with Sonic the Hedgehog. Sure, they still make Sonic games, but they suck incredibly and are nothing compared to the classic ones.

zelosjr
29-11-2006, 21:05
I don't know what you are talking about, the new sonic looks awesome.

I can see mario dying, about all they can do now are remakes and spin-offs.
Metriod could/should/will still last for a while, at least untill the finish the damn story.
Legend of Zelda is going to have people buying the games untill they stop making them, as with Final Fantasy, it has such a big and loyal fanbase that really the only thing that could stop it is nintendo going bankrupt.
Pokemon will probally still being going for a while(to lazy to think of why)
Starfox is pretty much dead already(but Assault was a good game)

And that's my take on the big nintendo franchises(The ones big in america at least, Fire Emblem FTW)

tormented angel
29-11-2006, 21:52
I don't know what you are talking about, the new sonic looks awesome.

I can see mario dying, about all they can do now are remakes and spin-offs.
Metriod could/should/will still last for a while, at least untill the finish the damn story.
Legend of Zelda is going to have people buying the games untill they stop making them, as with Final Fantasy, it has such a big and loyal fanbase that really the only thing that could stop it is nintendo going bankrupt.
Pokemon will probally still being going for a while(to lazy to think of why)
Starfox is pretty much dead already(but Assault was a good game)

And that's my take on the big nintendo franchises(The ones big in america at least, Fire Emblem FTW)

umm even if nintendo dies square-enix will still continue to pump out final fantasy they have been with sony since playstation when nintendo 64 came what happened square jumped ship and went to sony and guess what square didnt start with nintendo square is a japan company and it was they had titles for final fantasy on famcom u wouldnt know cause your young,if u were around since the days of atari u would follow these things since after atari died all gaming came to a sudden stop it wasnt until several years later that it came back,trust me i had every single consol ever made except for neo-geo lynx dreamcast nintendo 64(but just because i never ownd them doesnt mean that didnt played them)

GMPrime
29-11-2006, 21:56
Must resist urge to rant...
*rolls will save*
Critical failure...

Ahem... :soapbox:

I think Nintendo is far from its decline... More than three franchises keep the company alive, and those three are far from dead.

First of all, Mario isn't dead or anything close to it. Remakes and spin-offs? What do you expect sequels to games be, when you boil it down? Almost ANY game in a series could be defined as a remake of one of the others. If they couldn't, then they aren't in the same series. I believe the Mario series does a good job of keeping variety in the games as new games come out. As for the spin-offs, I have to testify that Mario Tennis is one of the most addicting games you will ever play.

Zelda is FAR from being dead, too. I'll let TP testify to that.

I haven't really played the FPS Metroid games, but I can speak for the 2-D ones. I'll say this: I had A LOT more fun playing Metroid: Zero Mission than Metroid 2 for the original Gameboy.

Eh, I can see Starfox going down, although I only seriously played the 64 one. Can't really speak on this issue.

Pokemon will probably keep going, if it goes down, it will be because of all of the negative stigma that it is a stupid kid game, a reputation it doesn't deserve.

Fire Emblem. Not dead, I thought PoR was one of the best ones.

These mentioned franchises aside, Nintendo has some newer ones, and is constantly adding more. Pikmin is a good, fresh series, and Nintendo is starting to move the Tales series in from Japan, which is a very good series (I would have thought zelosjr would have mentioned that o.0)

Now... as for PS3 vs. Wii. First of all, just to be clear, you can (http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Wii_Channels#Photo_Channel) make a slideshow with your photos. However, as for this and all the extra features on both the PS3 and the Wii, I say this: when I buy a console, I want a video game. All the other stuff is nice, but I'd rather have a great console than a so-so one that plays DVDs and displays photos. As for graphical power of the PS3 and the Wii, same thing, great graphics are nice, but it is a video GAME, not a video SHOW, and I'd rather have a console with great games than a console with great graphics.

zelosjr
29-11-2006, 22:26
I did say ones widely known and popular here you know, The tales series isn't doing nearly as good here as in Japan dispite the fact that every smart Gamecube owner in the country owns a copy of ToS. And I did say that Metriod, Zelda, Pokemon, and Fire Emblem were going to keep going.

GMPrime
29-11-2006, 22:32
I did say ones widely known and popular here you know, The tales series isn't doing nearly as good here as in Japan dispite the fact that every smart Gamecube owner in the country owns a copy of ToS.

True, my mistake.

And I did say that Metriod, Zelda, Pokemon, and Fire Emblem were going to keep going.

Yes. I wasn't talking to just you, more to the people who say Nintendo is dead and gone.

tormented angel
29-11-2006, 23:13
hahhaha pokemon i have seen the last few games and i have to say they were bad real bad haha pokemon that shouldnt even be in here i can see fire emblem metroid castelvania mario and zelda but pokemon c'mon that has little kid writtin all over it that is just bad to bring something like that into this discussion,just because they keep pumpin out segual after sequal doesnt mean that it is doing good it just means the dedicated are willing to stay by it even if it does get stale and repitative while the hardcore and casual are willing to give anything else a try or move on to something better, i will even go as far to throw myself in front of the fire squad to say these 2 things i'm a huge fan of final fantasy i have almost all of them and while they are good
i still want something bigger and better i would even give up all of them for something else,and as much as i like guildwars there is a day were i will walk away for a more better product im a gamer that wants better and new not something with the same char over and over again but with a twist on it i was there for the launch of nintendo and mario, and after the 3rd game i was bored as hell with everything mario had to offer from there on out

Quintus Antonius
29-11-2006, 23:36
Star Fox was doomed the minute Rare sold out to Microsoft, the same with other excellent titles like Perfect Dark. They made Falco *** in the new Star Fox, and I'm not using that as a derogatory term, he is just much, much, more affeminate now, which doesn't fit his character, and when he started hitting on Fox, I got alittle creeped out.

Barinthus
30-11-2006, 01:00
I wanted to buy PS2 after PS3 come out since I figured the prices would drop.

I stopped by Costco today and PS2's still priced at 199.99?!?! Whatever

Quintus Antonius
30-11-2006, 01:16
Then they are ripping you off. I've seen them for as low as $80.

tormented angel
30-11-2006, 01:18
im sure gamestop or ebgames have them for lowere than cosco

Dallcingi
30-11-2006, 01:21
The msrp of those slim ps2's are like... $129.99 at the stores. Proably cheaper online. And I saw $80 in some early bird sale haha.

Blazing Liger
30-11-2006, 01:47
I'm not saying Nintendo itself is dead, but I think some of the franchises are gonna hit a dead-end eventually. That said, I agree, Mario Tennis was AWESOME!

And to zelosjr, the most recent Sonic games are crap compared to the old ones. Sonic Heroes being a case-in-point. Didn't anyone ever teach Tails to use PRONOUNS?!? Gosh...

The Avatar
30-11-2006, 03:46
hahhaha pokemon i have seen the last few games and i have to say they were bad real bad haha pokemon that shouldnt even be in here i can see fire emblem metroid castelvania mario and zelda but pokemon c'mon that has little kid writtin all over it that is just bad to bring something like that into this discussion,just because they keep pumpin out segual after sequal doesnt mean that it is doing good it just means the dedicated are willing to stay by it even if it does get stale and repitative while the hardcore and casual are willing to give anything else a try or move on to something better, i will even go as far to throw myself in front of the fire squad to say these 2 things i'm a huge fan of final fantasy i have almost all of them and while they are good
i still want something bigger and better i would even give up all of them for something else,and as much as i like guildwars there is a day were i will walk away for a more better product im a gamer that wants better and new not something with the same char over and over again but with a twist on it i was there for the launch of nintendo and mario, and after the 3rd game i was bored as hell with everything mario had to offer from there on out

that's why they should make more actions in mario carts. See mario flies out of cart when crash, hahaha, harlious.

and they should combine both pokemon and digitmon, they both the same so why not letting them fight each other.

Quintus Antonius
30-11-2006, 03:50
I'm not saying Nintendo itself is dead, but I think some of the franchises are gonna hit a dead-end eventually. That said, I agree, Mario Tennis was AWESOME!

And to zelosjr, the most recent Sonic games are crap compared to the old ones. Sonic Heroes being a case-in-point. Didn't anyone ever teach Tails to use PRONOUNS?!? Gosh...

Shadow the Hedgehog. He used guns. Enough said.

Dallcingi
30-11-2006, 04:05
Ahh sonic... probably the first ever video game i was immersed in... but then again i was only like 7 lol. i didnt like mario as much back then as i do now..... hrm..

Barinthus
30-11-2006, 05:07
Yeah I've seen same model for 129.99 at Target's. I'm not buying any right now since it's nearing the end of the quarter and I have all of those projects to do. GW is already bad enough of a distraction!

Blazing Liger
30-11-2006, 08:00
Shadow the Hedgehog. He used guns. Enough said.

I heard that the Shadow the Hedgehog game was awful, though...But I admit that I personally haven't played it.

Quintus Antonius
30-11-2006, 13:45
Save your braincells.

Duskstryder
30-11-2006, 21:44
:brainiac: ....must...save..brain..from sploding.... :propeller: aaahhh, much better :tongue:

soulwar
01-12-2006, 00:29
The Tales series was and is awesome, maybe Squre-Enix could make more FF games for the Wii.

tormented angel
01-12-2006, 00:51
yeah maybe square will if they dont make another flop like the gamecube one

RazakVolcanis
01-12-2006, 01:38
Nintendo did seriously alienate Square back in the days of the N64, but I think Square-Enix has put that past aside, and they've begun to throw Nintendo their support again. Square-Enix has already committed to making two RPGs for the Wii, one based on Final Fantasy: Crystal Chronicles, and another based on Dragon Quest called Dragon Quest Swords. Also they've recently re-released FF3 for the DS. Seeing as how Sony's console isn't going to sell nearly the same volume and will sell for much more than Nintendo's offering (at least within the next 6-12 months), and that Sony dev kits cost a hell of a lot more than Nintendo's, and also that Nintendo's console doesn't require high definition graphical work, it would be advantageous for Square-Enix to give Nintendo some lovin again. Also, with the new controller interface, I'm sure there is more than enough support within Square-Enix to start embracing it with some new awesome games. And I'm sure there's also the Bandai-Namco motivating factor. They'd want to compete with its Tales series (which totally is awesome).

Also, I wholeheartedly agree that when I buy a game console, it's nice that it has some extra bells and whistles, but damnit, I want to play games. If I need to do anything other than games, that's what my computer is used for. Although, I am a *little* saddened that there isn't DVD playback support out of the box with the Wii (they may add it in future revisions of the Wii for next year). I am quite happy that Nintendo ditched the performance race and focused solely on game development because in the end the bottom line is simply that the game isn't worth it if it ain't fun to play.

soulwar
01-12-2006, 02:14
yeah maybe square will if they dont make another flop like the gamecube one

What are you talking about?

FF:CC was it's own type of Final Fantasy game.

Barcardi The Cat
05-12-2006, 11:04
I'm bored. Some one find me something to do.

tormented angel
05-12-2006, 19:19
*gives fan a olympic sized pool fill'ed with booze to the top* there ya go fan have at it and dont say i never gave u anything :D

RazakVolcanis
06-12-2006, 01:27
Go play lasertag :grin:

tormented angel
06-12-2006, 01:33
oh man lazer tag great way to top me raz

RazakVolcanis
06-12-2006, 01:45
Yup, we got paid to go play laser tag today, it was awesome!

Barcardi The Cat
06-12-2006, 11:25
Mmmmmmmmmmm booze....*dives in*

tormented angel
06-12-2006, 19:48
*checks on fan to make sure she is doing ok** /sigh fan i cant belive u drank that in one day ugh, well good thing is u didnt throw up here is another
olmpic pool filled with booze go slow on this one there not easy to get ya know

soulwar
07-12-2006, 02:59
I'm a minor.

No beer for me.

:) or :( ?

RazakVolcanis
07-12-2006, 05:09
Don't worry, soulwar, you'll have time to drink later. I'm 19 and don't plan on drinking anything anytime soon, and I can still have fun. :grin:

soulwar
07-12-2006, 05:12
Alcohol in general is bleh.

I hate the taste.

I've tried it before (who hasn't?) and it tastes horrible.

At least wine does.

I haven't tasted beer yet.

Blazing Liger
07-12-2006, 05:24
I don't care for the taste of alcohol either, wine or beer. I don't think I'll drink when I'm older. Heck, I don't even drink much soda. I tend to stick to water and green tea and I'm quite fine with that.

RazakVolcanis
07-12-2006, 05:36
Mmm... green tea...

I, however, much more prefer to be 23. (Dr. Pepper ftw!)

Barinthus
07-12-2006, 05:40
Soulwar - for me, alcohol is an acquired taste. If you don't want to drink - no biggie and in the big picture you're probably better off anyway.

Barcardi The Cat
07-12-2006, 08:46
In real life I never drink except on rare occasions. When I do I like a sweet liquer like Tia Maria, mixed with cola. Sometimes a glass of Asti (sparkling sweet wine) but that's only on special occasions. I don't believe in drinking for the sake of it and only ever drink with friends if they are.
Beer is blaugh and most wine is too. Believe me, by not drinking you're not missing much. Barinthus is right, it's an acquired taste and one I've never really got.
That's why I allow my character in game to get drunk as much as possible. I'm freeing my inner drunk :grin:

Blazing Liger
07-12-2006, 09:05
I've come to learn that an 'acquired taste' is something you don't like at first and have to be determined to like in order to. Sushi was that way for me at first, but now I love it. I have no interest in acquiring a taste for alcohol, though.

tormented angel
07-12-2006, 09:14
bah drugs is bad mmmkay,well when it comes to booze at lest:wink:
its not fun since most of the times ppl make complete morons out of themself's but not all ppl get that way unless u had way to much
then when u lie down adn the spinnin kicks in ugh be prepared to run your #@% off to the bathroom i drink every blue moon and its only 1 or 2 rum and cokes beer is just plain nasty wine is decent but yeah its not anything to be liek oh wow booze must...have....it ahhhhhhhhhhhhhh lol

RazakVolcanis
07-12-2006, 23:14
I take pride in being the one who remembers the day after whenever my friends are drunk. After a while, they tend to just believe whatever fabricated tale you tell them, which makes for really fun times! :grin:

Duskstryder
07-12-2006, 23:32
That's just one of the reasons I don't get wasted- other people determing my reality or whatever you wanna call it. I have enough problems remembering stuff w/o getting drunk:rolleyes: . What's the point of "having a good time" if you can't remember anything?

Um... it's seriously tempting to just randomly babble for the next 30mins or so. Working here gets seriously boring... Until everyone decides to print at the same time and then I go nuts:angry: . Hmm.. maybe I should checkout miniclips.com. I'll go comatose if I just stare at the screen while waiting for someone to ask for help. Ya that really weird blob game should keep occupied long enough...

RazakVolcanis
07-12-2006, 23:52
Check out flOw. Google "flow in games" and it's the first link. Seriously an awesome timesink.

Duskstryder
08-12-2006, 00:00
ooo thx, I'll chek it out, even tho I've only got approx. 5min till my replacement(s) show(s).

soulwar
08-12-2006, 00:05
I drink water the most :P

Duskstryder
08-12-2006, 17:27
Nuts, doesn't seem to work properly on this machine, and I can't really do anything to fix it since I'd need either above 'admin' permission, or have more knowledge of a Sun terminal running Solaris..... /fistshake

RazakVolcanis
09-12-2006, 05:24
Ouch... Solaris eh? Never was too fond of having to use those machines for some programming classes... As far as flOw goes, though, I thought the only requirement for that game was Flash Player...

soulwar
09-12-2006, 17:50
Storm the House 2 is also an awesome game.

In the beginning, it requires lots of hand-eye coordination.

Later, when you get a machine gun, 200 rounds, and way too many gunmen, all you need to do is hold the mouse down and kill everyone.

Duskstryder
11-12-2006, 19:54
Ya, I'm not particularly fond of Solaris myself, although it does have its uses I guess. Ya see, the problem is the latest version of flash isn't installed, so I see what I guess is the background for flOw, and can interact w/ it, but I don't see the mentioned worm or whatever it is. And since I'm not that familiar w/ Solaris, or don't have the right permissions (not sure which maybe both), installing the latest flash version is easier said than done. I remember a computer science student actually managed to do it last semester I think it was, but he had no idea how he did it... he had just experimented. I also think his "work" may have been undone too, although my supervisor said he was thinking about getting it on there- not sure if he did.

soulwar
11-12-2006, 23:47
flOw is an awesome game/thing...

Very interesting and beautiful.

RazakVolcanis
12-12-2006, 00:41
hmm... are there other linux boxes on campus that may have the newer version of flash installed? If so, you could do the roundabout ssh method (maybe remote desktop connection to a windows terminal as well?) whereby you ssh (or remote connect) into said machine solely for the purpose of opening firefox (or whatever your browser of choice is) locally and then playing flOw :grin:

zelosjr
12-12-2006, 00:46
You know what's amazing?

I understood that.

RazakVolcanis
12-12-2006, 00:50
Damn right, cuz I explained it, so everyone should understand :tongue:

Seriously though, you scare me sometimes with what you know at your age... haha

soulwar
12-12-2006, 02:18
hmm... are there other linux boxes on campus that may have the newer version of flash installed? If so, you could do the roundabout ssh method (maybe remote desktop connection to a windows terminal as well?) whereby you ssh (or remote connect) into said machine solely for the purpose of opening firefox (or whatever your browser of choice is) locally and then playing flOw :grin:

OMG I love linux with all the compiz add-ons installed.

Those pwn.

Damn right, cuz I explained it, so everyone should understand

Seriously though, you scare me sometimes with what you know at your age... haha

Hey, I can understand that and I'm YOUNGER.

But then again, it's Squeaky.

Wammes FTW! Wammos FTL!

Quintus Antonius
14-12-2006, 18:46
Anyone ever have a dream based on Guild Wars? I had a dream last night that I was actually looking for the drop down district menu for my room because I wanted to go to the international district for some privacy or something, lmao. Then someone came in and told me that that's an in-game feature only!

Duskstryder
14-12-2006, 19:17
That's hilarious... I don't remember if I've had a GW based dream. However, I do have my share of weird dreams... when I actually dream. Like the time I dreamed I was in WW2 Germany going to some sort of speech I guess- and guess who the speaker was... none other than Hitler himself. But somehow I knew that without actually getting to see him because the conference place got the crap bombed out of it- more specifically napalmed- before I actually got there, and I got caught in a blast. It was ok though because the dream restarted and made it out ok on the retry. And that was just half the dream.

Drarra
14-12-2006, 20:35
I have had Guild Wars-like dreams. I remember one I had a while back where I was trying to set the right skills to get through a day at work. I guess a lot of monsters were going to call or something. :grin:

At other times, people in my dreams will have the little red "health bars" over their heads. I guess that's how my dream self knows who the bad guys are...

Does this mean the game interface is taking over our psyches?

tormented angel
14-12-2006, 21:05
no just means u play to damn much now my advice for u amy is to take a trip to vegas and see all the pretty flashin lights of the strip get a little drunk and walk hit up a tittie bar but not sapphire that place blows sit back and relaxe
maybe get an escort service and just sit back and enjoy the show hehe that should get your mind off of gw for awhile

Quintus Antonius
14-12-2006, 21:11
Don't for get the quickie marriage-divorice in the Little Chapel of Matramoney

Barinthus
15-12-2006, 08:03
LoL Sure I've had GW-related dreams. I can't recall any right now. And some times I have had moments where I "see" GW-related stuff in real life.

Such as red health bar above a person's head :-p

Barcardi The Cat
15-12-2006, 09:24
OMG major enbarrassment coming from a gw couple...
Ok first one is embarrassement for Spider:
I was laying in bed the other day reading and he was snoring away next to me. I moved over a little and must hae jostled him awake as he rolled over and said in a sleepy voice " where do I get the gardenhorst (or something that sounded like that) Staff ". I went errrr...ok and he said " I need it for a new build". I then told him we'd look it up in the morning and he fell back to sleep. When we woke properly in the morning I told him about it and his response was "I wish I could remember that cos it must have been the best build ever " LOL.
Second one is embarrassing for me:
Again in bed together and I must have been having the gw dream this time. We were both coming out of sleep and still in that half dream like state and I remember I was reluctant to come out of my dream cos when Spider said we had to get up I replied with something like "Ok I 've just got to get out of the deleate menu". I have no idea what this menu was but I know I want it cos it was awesome in my dream.

Living with a fellow gamer is great but you do get embarrassing moments like that where you know you've just made a complete muppet out of yourself :grin:

Quintus Antonius
15-12-2006, 16:17
My stepfather is a college football coach, and during the game season, he has been known to get out of bed and run plays in his sleep. No kidding.

soulwar
16-12-2006, 03:29
Wow, quint.

That's just...

Well, he is a college football coach.

Which must be AWESOME.

RazakVolcanis
16-12-2006, 08:55
I don't recall having any GW-related dreams (I usually don't remember many dreams that I do have), but speaking along the lines of sleep habits, I'm notorious for my heavy deep sleeping. My roommate has counted at least three times where I've set my alarm clock (which is a program on my computer that I can set scheduled times for a playlist to be an alarm) to wake me up from a nap or something, and I'll jump off my top bunk on the bunk bed, walk over to my computer, hit the power button on my speakers, mosey back on over to my bed, and hop back up falling asleep again (if I hadn't been asleep the whole time to begin with). And, I can never remember doing this, ever! And if a fire alarm ever goes off while I'm asleep, my roommate has to drag me out of bed before I begin the slow process of waking up. I'm an absolute zombie in the mornings, it's pretty embarrassing.

Barinthus
16-12-2006, 13:24
Cold showers work wonders for sleepy-head zombies :)

Barcardi The Cat
16-12-2006, 18:59
Lol from what Raz has said he'd probably get up, run the shower and then fall asleep in it, catch a cold from the cold water and then have to take to his bed with sickness.

Barinthus
16-12-2006, 19:29
Heh. When I was younger, I often would fall asleep in the shower only to wake up at my mother yelling at me to get up and get ready for school. It was happening nearly everyday to the point I felt bad about it so I decided to take cold showers.

It worked - it woke me up and I was able to get ready on time. I didn't come back to warm showers until college.

RazakVolcanis
16-12-2006, 20:07
You know, it takes a certain amount of effort to actually get the shower started... Yes, it's *that* bad.

And I have fallen asleep in the shower before, who would ever have thought? Haha!

soulwar
16-12-2006, 20:21
1337|\|355:

http://i52.photobucket.com/albums/g22/Soulwar/brushcoolnesscopy.jpg

http://i52.photobucket.com/albums/g22/Soulwar/abstract2.jpg

http://i52.photobucket.com/albums/g22/Soulwar/abstract1.jpg

http://i52.photobucket.com/albums/g22/Soulwar/photoshopzoomcopy.jpg

http://i52.photobucket.com/albums/g22/Soulwar/absig1copy.jpg

http://i52.photobucket.com/albums/g22/Soulwar/hitsugayasigcopy.jpg

http://i52.photobucket.com/albums/g22/Soulwar/fma_anstract_sigcopy.jpg

Copy+Paste the links; If I put all the pictures onto one post, you'd lag like crazy.

RazakVolcanis
16-12-2006, 20:24
Ooooh, purty colors...

I love your Mac screenshot of photoshop ^ infinity, haha

soulwar
16-12-2006, 20:26
Ooooh, purty colors...

I love your Mac screenshot of photoshop ^ infinity, haha

The "Mac" thing is actually a skin for use on WindowBlinds (it changes your comp skin)

RazakVolcanis
16-12-2006, 20:30
Blah, and here I thought you acutally had a Mac! Well, I suppose imitation is the sincereist form of flattery. :smiley:

soulwar
16-12-2006, 20:36
Ew...

Mac...

Just kidding. I don't Macs except for the nice skin.

RazakVolcanis
16-12-2006, 20:55
I love Macs. I grew up with them and have used them all my life. I love the operating system and how stable and easy to use it is. And now, Intel makes the processors in the Macs! Even more of a reason to buy one now. :wink:

soulwar
16-12-2006, 21:08
I don't like Macs mainly beacause I was raised Windows.

Also, in elementary school (and currently in Middle School) Macs are still in use.

The one thing I dislike is the lack of programs.

RazakVolcanis
17-12-2006, 02:12
The one thing I dislike is the lack of programs.

Well, you're not looking in the right places. :wink:

Basically, anything you can get for Windows, you can get for a Mac. If there are exceptions, that's what Boot Camp or Parallels is for (if you've got an Intel Mac)...you can run Windows on those and then run your Windows programs natively or almost natively, respectively. The only thing I dislike is that Apple has a stranglehold on their hardware, and thus you can't build your own Mac. :sad:

Edit: WOOO! This is my 100th post! Go me! :grin:

soulwar
17-12-2006, 22:46
What about Guild Wars?

It won't run on Macs (I think)

tormented angel
18-12-2006, 00:29
just wondering but could u play gw on a labtop with an internet conection of course

RazakVolcanis
18-12-2006, 01:04
What about Guild Wars?

It won't run on Macs (I think)

And that falls under the Boot Camp or Parallels solution. :wink:

zelosjr
18-12-2006, 02:11
just wondering but could u play gw on a labtop with an internet conection of course

You could, but you'd need a good one.

soulwar
18-12-2006, 03:54
Razak: Ah, I don't care anymore. Macs will be macs, windows will be buggy.

zelos: ALL my computers (a laptop with a 1.46 GHz single core, 512 shared memory, and an ATI mobility radeon X300 works, with a DSL connection. So does my other laptop with 1.6 GHz, 512 shared memory, and an ATI mobility radeon 9250 also runs it well) can run it.

GW actually requires little requirements.

RazakVolcanis
27-12-2006, 06:31
Mmmm... I just got back to Massachusetts after being away for my Christmas break, and I realize just how delicious Dunkin Donuts coffee is compared to that horrible Krispy Kreme coffee I had to put up with this morning. :grin: Anyway, I just thought I'd inject my random thought of the moment since the Off-Topic Thread seemed to be lacking the love recently.

In any case, along the lines of Dunkin Donuts, I think it's time to share with all of you the joys of Dunkinese, the official language spoken when conversing about Dunkin Donuts coffee. I *suggest* you search google for "Dunkin Donuts goes without saying", and clicking on the first link which directs you to the dstop site within the Dunkin Donuts website. :wink:

Quintus Antonius
27-12-2006, 16:10
Boston literally has a Dunkin' Donuts on every street corner.

On a side note, check out the Lore Forum. They named an NPC in-game after me =D