PDA

View Full Version : Dervish Builds?

jhffmn
15-10-2006, 15:41
I have been looking forward to playing the dervish and am wondering what people have come up with for builds.

Some possible builds.

Sandshards build, using sandshards and signet of midnight.
D/War Vim build, earth build using victory is mine as an elite.
(Vim, wild blow, Aura of thorns, mirage cloak.. ect)
D/ele build using ele enchants (no idea here).
D/Assassin (no idea here either).
D(enchant) wind derv using signet of renewal as an elite.
(maybe pick up power drain for an interupt, drain enchant?, guiding hands, whirrling charge..)
D/mo, for scythe/protection "Dammo" :grin:

So, who has some builds?

Raca Reznor
16-10-2006, 07:14
Well i thought of a couple just for some FYI :)

D/e with one enchantment in particular :) Kinetic Armor!!!! when ever you cast a spell it recasts again, lasts 8 seconds ( 9 secs with enchant longer mod) Talk about being an uber tank!! since you have all those lovely enchantes (which are spells WOOT) and with the Balth Avatar you are looking at over possible 140 armor!!! OMFG

Another one for soloing in PVE
D/A with extend enchantment and shadow form. Couple this with Shadow Walk, and you should have around 27-28 secs of complete pwnage and then you shadow step back to orginal spot :) Could be useful for soloing bosses:)

I hope some people my idea and work apon it and lets see what we can find :)

jhffmn
16-10-2006, 07:25
hmm im guessing you don't trigger myst when kinetic armor refreshes...

That would be sweet lol. Anything else in earth worth taking?

Sleepwalkerr
16-10-2006, 11:57
hmm im guessing you don't trigger myst when kinetic armor refreshes...

No, myst trigger when enchant ENDS.

jhffmn
16-10-2006, 18:48
No, myst trigger when enchant ENDS.

I would assume that it would not. Hence the word assume. Don't think recasting an existing enchant triggers the effect either, which seems to me like somewhat of a problem :cry:

Minionman
16-10-2006, 22:29
D/Mesmer, with channeling as an extra enchantment to help energy management, plus some defensive stances.

D/Necromancer, with unholy feast and maybe some other touch blood skills

D/paragon, the extra scythe hit adrenaline should help power up shouts.

jhffmn
18-10-2006, 20:51
Right now i am half-way leaning towards a D/Mo for RA.

The super anoying DAMMO.

Myst 15, Scythe 13, protection 6.

{e} pious renewal.
wearying assault
Heart of Fury
Pious assault
Pious haste
Reversal of Fourtune
Mending touch
Rez

RoF here doubles as fuel for pious assault, allowing for an attack every 2 seconds. HoF gives 20 sec of IAS every 30 and wearing assault gives DW every 4 seconds. Pious renewal provides mana and life while you spam RoF + Pious Assualt. While mending touch removes 2 conditions with a 4 sec cool down. Never run out of energy, and spam an attack every 2 seconds or just spam RoF every 2 seconds for up to 33+33+15+23?= 104 health at a cost of -2 energy. Kind of like the dervish touch ranger. Spam attacks nonstop + IAS + Run Speed + Free self heals + massive condition removal = fun.

ViM D/W doesn't look to apealing to me. But I also might try a D/mes using drain enchant, power drain, channeling, ect.

trafalgar-zero
20-10-2006, 02:14
I would assume that it would not. Hence the word assume. Don't think recasting an existing enchant triggers the effect either, which seems to me like somewhat of a problem :cry:

I'm 100% sure that it wouldn't trigger because the enchantment never ended, it just got renewed.
Kinetic Armor is a neat idea though for a defensive route, since the Dervish gets one maybe two skills that actually add armor. At any rate Kinetic ARmor can be kept up easy enough with the enchantments that have very low energy cost, cast time, and mostly a short duration.

katya
20-10-2006, 02:31
That's actually an interesting question. I'm going to guess and say it would depend on how the code underneath it runs. E.g. if you have (pseudocode)

if( spell.cast( ) ) kinetic_armour_duration += 8;

then I'd suspect it wouldn't. If however it was a re-application of the spell (Duration of 8 seconds anyway) as in:

if( spell.cast( ) ) player->add( kinetic_armour() );

then it might behave very differently. Is there a similar type of combination we can use to test and see how it might behave with Mysticism? (Anything else that relies on an enchantment ending ...)

Erasculio
20-10-2006, 02:38
then it might behave very differently. Is there a similar type of combination we can use to test and see how it might behave with Mysticism? (Anything else that relies on an enchantment ending ...)
Mantra of Recall? Shadow Form? Those two trigger specific effects once an enchantment (well, ok, not any enchantment, themselves) end...I have no idea if we could extrapolate from how they work to how other enchantments would work, but that's my guess...

(There's Parasitic Bond, and Recurring Insecurity, but they're hexes...)

Erasculio

katya
20-10-2006, 02:41
Sadly, I'm supposed to be working so can't test them now. Do you have the requisite profession combinations to test it, Erasculio?

Erasculio
20-10-2006, 02:59
Sadly, I'm supposed to be working so can't test them now. Do you have the requisite profession combinations to test it, Erasculio?
No :sad: Does anyone here happen to have an Assassin/Mesmer? :smiley:

Erasculio

trafalgar-zero
20-10-2006, 04:33
You guys are thinking to hard. Look at the skills

Illusion of Haste

also you can just Arcane Echo Shadow Form, or Mantra of Recall

My theory is each enchantment acts seperately depending on the discretion of ANet. Here's why:
Shadow Form
Arcane Echo
Arcane Mimicry and a friend with Obsidian Flesh

That equals you invincible if you can keep Shadow Form up and it does't drop your life between refreshing it, which i hope it does. Sorry I can't test either.

jhffmn
22-10-2006, 07:46
You guys are thinking to hard. Look at the skills

Illusion of Haste

also you can just Arcane Echo Shadow Form, or Mantra of Recall

My theory is each enchantment acts seperately depending on the discretion of ANet. Here's why:
Shadow Form
Arcane Echo
Arcane Mimicry and a friend with Obsidian Flesh

That equals you invincible if you can keep Shadow Form up and it does't drop your life between refreshing it, which i hope it does. Sorry I can't test either.

I guess you could just a of enchanting mod on mantra of recall and recast the enchant before it ends to see how the mechanics work.

lavenbb
22-10-2006, 08:09
I guess you could just a of enchanting mod on mantra of recall and recast the enchant before it ends to see how the mechanics work.

If you recast MoR before it ends you don't get the energy. However not all enchants work this way. Blood renewal used to give you it's life bonus at the end even if you recast it before it ends. It's only after people exploited it too much then they fixed it so if you recast first, the life doesn't come in.