PDA

View Full Version : Wednesday's Wallpaper - Wings Confirmed ?

Walks With Angels
18-10-2006, 21:45
Some new fuel to keep the fires of hoping-for-wings burning...

... a view of the Paragon in resplendent winged form.

Is it just a colourful turn of phrase, or does "form" indicate a connection to the Dervish Form skills previewed ?

E.g. Use X skill, and for Y seconds you have Z effect and some big lovely wings.

Only two more weeks until we find out. :grin:

NeferJackal
18-10-2006, 21:58
Well, most likely you will get wings on you as a casting animation. Consider Anthem of Flame with it's 1second casting time were you rise up in the air and spread your arms. Methinks that a winged animation might come there as a spell effect.

I checked the Paragon skill list, all Chants and Echoes have min 1second casting time. In the NPE they did not have a spell animation when casting those, probably to save bandwidth or it wasnt finished. So it is highly likely that the unique skills of the Paragon will have a special winged animation associated with them.

On a sidenote, Paladins in World of Warcraft are also getting Wings! In Burning Crusade, their lvl 70 skill Avenging Wrath will cause the appearance of ghostly golden wings on the back while it lasts.

requinox
19-10-2006, 01:54
That paragon armor is amazing :shocked: Even the skirt looks nice :grin:

JeanDeathwish
19-10-2006, 02:27
Its concept art and nothing in it is directly from in game. Dont expect wings like that, if any at all.

requinox
19-10-2006, 05:10
Its concept art and nothing in it is directly from in game. Dont expect wings like that, if any at all.

Well, we all like being optimistic.:wink: Besides it's not like the Mesmer-with-the -Rapier fiasco, since they actually take effort to point out the wings. (Here and in PC Gamer)

Hlub Koj
19-10-2006, 05:43
wont really know till nightfal come out but i do hope paragon get wings in a way

Mr Panda
19-10-2006, 09:14
It is interesting though that dervish concept art is released without any special graphical tweaks (considering they can turn into avatars of gods, the potential to do so is there), yet paragons dont have any (as yet) named ability to do anything that would suggest they have wings.

Yet several pieces of paragon concept art show wings.

hmm hmm...

sequel
19-10-2006, 10:01
Would be a nice idea to connect a visual effect to ascension, like a wing emote you can show off with and could be included in some in-game cinematics, :grin:

Avoc
19-10-2006, 10:10
... hmm, maybe a new /wings emote? :D

Stone Maidan
19-10-2006, 16:57
Maybe on 15k armor?

Orrik
19-10-2006, 19:16
Maybe on 15k armor?

If anything it'd be FoW, 15k with wings would be way to easy. I find ANET tries to make you work for what you want, which isn't bad IMO.

JeanDeathwish
19-10-2006, 22:10
http://img88.imageshack.us/my.php?image=sunspearmalearmorqr3.jpg

Taken from Erasculio's thread here: http://forums.gwonline.net/showthread.php?t=422514

The shoulders on that armor stick out horizontally when attacking, as if they were wings. 15k/Obsidian armor might have wings but if they do it should be similar to those, maybe bigger and more noticeable.

Sephirius
20-10-2006, 19:56
Looks like they will have wings afterall - http://www.guildwars.com/insider/issue01-eu.html

Yet it looks to only happen when they cast spells as per mentioned in PC Gamer. As it should be in my opinion.