PDA

View Full Version : HA (Heroes' Ascent)

Dallcingi
22-10-2006, 05:13
I have seen a great number of people participating in this global tournament and am very pleased by the amount who's interested. I assume that this is just the very beginning, and thus, a great way to learn something new with the guild and alliance. Of course, there is a beginning to everything where things may seem fustrating and complicated. Don't fret. Everyone undergoes that process, even the best of the best. HA is not different, fight, lose, learn.

In order to be sucessful in HA, there are a few minor requirements that may be aquired through small means. First of all, communication is important. Teams that lack communication tend to fall apart really fast, and it ain't pretty. Normally, teams set up callers that will come up with what to do during a match. Or better yet, using vent would be a great plus, and also good way to learn teammates voices. Additionally, it is more efficient to say things rather than type. Saves time that could have been wasted.

Additionally, builds are recomended. Random builds tend to go nowhere also, but may win a few matches. Though when just starting out, one should save up skill points and faction to unlock crucial skills and upgrades for their pvp character. To this this, RA and TA are good places to start. Once the skills and upgrades are unlocked, then builds may be run.

Third, coordnation is needed. Know your role in the team. If you are a monk healing monk, do not run into a mob and wand it. It would be the warriors or rangers job (or maybe the whole team, such as blood spikes coordnation) to do damage physically. So do what you need to, nothing else more.

Ok those were just some tips... sorry I didn't get to my real post. So here it is:

We should make up some builds (or use popular ones like dsmite, rspike, bspike, balanced etc etc..) to use by our guild. Agreeing upon a build, we can then go to TA and gain some balthazar faction to unlock everything needed. Then, we may go to HA and practice the build. With little practice, we will be one step closer to holding halls. (If no one is on for TA, RA serves just as well).

My background info:

I did a lot of RA and unlocked skills run by popular builds (such as the boon prot monks skills, rof, mend cond, guardian etc etc. and upgrades.) I slowly build my way up to HA status. There, I monked for random groups and learned a lot. Then, I played, made friends, and kept going up from there.

So as a guild, we may help eachother gain the essentials we need quicker than if one would do it alone. Though going to HA at random will learn us the maps and how HA works, laying down builds, and good communication will be the keys to having a good future in HA.

tormented angel
22-10-2006, 06:05
i am all up for this since we did ha a couple of days ago i am hooked and my only exp is from pve which is different from pvp so i am willing to take all this time to get skills unlocked and learn the ways to get favor if u ever want to
do a pvp hit me up

aerith lockehart

Quintus Antonius
22-10-2006, 14:14
Yes, I agree with everything you said, and you gave some very good advice there. A lot of people are afraid of Vent for some reason. It's not necessary to have a mic, or to even talk on Vent, what's important is that you have it so you can hear when we are counting down a spike, or chattering about strategy.

We had a good team three nights ago in HA. There was a lot of potential there, and even without Vent, we did very, very well for a group of first-timers. I'm convinced if we had used Vent, we'd have done so much better too. The guild has much possibility to do well in HA, we just need to practice and take the necessary steps to get better.

The Souless Child
22-10-2006, 15:49
Judging from the way we played in TA and the few days we did HA, i have to agree we do have potential. According to people, ventro seems scary for some people because of the fear of hacks....and i cant blame them either. Downloading something random of the net from an adress giving to you by someone random does sound dodgy.

Quintus Antonius, we just have to wait untill people are more comfortable in the guild in order for them to trust us when downloading things.

Starrs
22-10-2006, 16:42
I've already got Vent. If we're looking for faction to get skills and stuff, we can go to Zaishen Challenge to get quick faction, make the builds, and then test them. Once we get on Vent and can coordinate better, we'll be able to take on HA. Since HA is the only 6 person arena, it'd be a bit hard to test builds in TA. Scheduling PvP nights where we can get together and go to the Battle Isles to train would also be good for the potential teams.

Shadow of Nothing
23-10-2006, 02:34
I've got Vent (no mic though). It would really help with our coordination. Yesterday, we had a team of 3 guildies, a friend, and 2 random people, and we were able to consistently reach broken tower (not skipping straight too it), but we had trouble communicating when to get the ghostly hero on the alter, which team to attack, etc.

I've also found that alliance battles can net you faction really quick also, though it doesn't really provide the right kind of experience for HA.

Dallcingi
25-10-2006, 01:57
I've got Vent (no mic though). It would really help with our coordination. Yesterday, we had a team of 3 guildies, a friend, and 2 random people, and we were able to consistently reach broken tower (not skipping straight too it), but we had trouble communicating when to get the ghostly hero on the alter, which team to attack, etc.

I've also found that alliance battles can net you faction really quick also, though it doesn't really provide the right kind of experience for HA.

Alliance battles are great for faction, which is great for unlocking upgrades and new skills.. plus amber!! =D. So it does start you out for the expierence for HA... hehe.