PDA

View Full Version : Male Dervish 15k armor revealed in new screenshot! (Speculation)

Kjentei
22-10-2006, 14:39
I cannot confirm this! However, I am certain it's 15k. Take a close look.

What do you think?

http://www.guildwars.com/gallery/screenshots/nightfall/gwn-scr067-lrg.php

Malhavoc Adhamar
22-10-2006, 15:00
Can't really see much of the Dervish and untill we know what all the armour styles look like I wouldn't hazard a guess at what's 15K and whats not.

Woop Shotty
22-10-2006, 15:36
Looks kind of like assassin / dervish mix, or like scorpion or sub-zero.

critical vengeance
22-10-2006, 16:15
or looks kind of like hero/hench armor

Lais Irideika
22-10-2006, 16:18
That actually looks like a foe, not a character. Look how much taller it is than the other NPCs, and it's not even holding a scythe. ... not to mention that monstrous glowing face... I really don't want to disappoint, but I firmly believe this is NOT an armor that dervishes will be able to wear.

oh wait... are you talking about the one that is faded in the background, behind Koss...?

critical vengeance
22-10-2006, 16:20
behind koss yeah

Sable Phoenix
22-10-2006, 16:36
It just looks like the male version of this armor. (http://www.guildwars.com/gallery/screenshots/nightfall/gwn-scr058-lrg.php)

Lais Irideika
22-10-2006, 19:26
Wow I hadn't seen that pic before... the female dervish in the black and red armor set... VERY nice...

lavenbb
22-10-2006, 21:58
It just looks like the male version of this armor. (http://www.guildwars.com/gallery/screenshots/nightfall/gwn-scr058-lrg.php)

I don't think so, if you compare the hanging on the skirt, the male version has what seemed to be bones, while the female version you've shown has star/sun shaped iron pieces.

Based on the armors given in the preview event, the same set of armor for male and female has the same hanging decoration on the skirt

Sable Phoenix
22-10-2006, 22:10
I don't think so, if you compare the hanging on the skirt, the male version has what seemed to be bones, while the female version you've shown has star/sun shaped iron pieces.

Based on the armors given in the preview event, the same set of armor for male and female has the same hanging decoration on the skirt

Look at the chestpiece. It's exactly the same, except that the shoulderpads are bigger.

lavenbb
22-10-2006, 22:22
Look at the chestpiece. It's exactly the same, except that the shoulderpads are bigger.

All I see is that the chestpiece is almost completely covered in shadow (for the male one).

The shoulderpads are linked to the hood (headgear).

Lais Irideika
22-10-2006, 23:12
I think Lavenbb is right. The male screenie in the OP's post has what looks like some kind of insectile bone thing. Like a troglodyte. The female armor in a later posted link is a metal staburst dangly. Definitely not the same.

Lais Irideika
23-10-2006, 02:58
Sorry for the double-post, but it's past the edit delay period, and I want to correct something from my latest post in this thread...

I knew troglodyte was not the right word for what I had in mind... it's trilobyte! That prehistoric insectile creature...

http://way2tall.com/zabelll/trilobyte.jpg

That ain't the same at all as the female skirt's starbust that is depicted after the OP's post...

lavenbb
23-10-2006, 03:10
When I first looked at the picture, the first thing that came to my mind was not that insect. I think of it as more like bones, or ivory (which is fitting for the theme) that is aligned that way for decoration purposes.

Magza
23-10-2006, 04:04
I really hope that isn't male 15k :/

Looks like a decorative plant to me, not nearly as much fine detail on the hanging piece as the females grey spike.

Kjentei
23-10-2006, 06:28

Looks like a decorative plant to me, not nearly as much fine detail on the hanging piece as the females grey spike.

Decorative plant! That's a good way to describe it, but that's what I like about it so much, it's plant-ishness and the "horn" things on the helmet. It's not visible enough to depict how detailed it is though.

And Lais, yes.. not the huge one with the spear, that's probably a Margonite boss.

Erasculio
23-10-2006, 14:18
Keep in mind that it's likely we'll see more or less 5 different kinds of 15k armor anyway - even if one or two were ugly, there would be other kinds available.

Erasculio

I Orca I
23-10-2006, 15:31
All i can say is that i hope that stupid glowy thing isnt the last boss, its really quite lame T_T. Even the evil looking trolls are more appealing to me than that thing.

Salome
28-10-2006, 23:23
Its the same armour as what is in the CE Artbook, I believe it to be the 15k Sunspear armour.

regards

Sal