PDA

View Full Version : HA help

Max Camino
23-10-2006, 12:47
Hi, I am a person who is kinda new in HA. I have played before and i am rank 1, but i wanna get to rank 3. I am getting tired of spamming for a place on a pug. I am also new to the six person teams and i dont know what kind of character is most wanted and easiest to play in the new builds. I would greatly apreceate if somebody could suggest an easier way to get into pugs and what classes are popular.

PS I am in a good guild at the moment, and I like them, but they dont do too much HA.

eowen
23-10-2006, 12:53
Hi, I am a person who is kinda new in HA. I have played before and i am rank 1, but i wanna get to rank 3. I am getting tired of spamming for a place on a pug. I am also new to the six person teams and i dont know what kind of character is most wanted and easiest to play in the new builds. I would greatly apreceate if somebody could suggest an easier way to get into pugs and what classes are popular.

PS I am in a good guild at the moment, and I like them, but they dont do too much HA.

at the start the only real way to gain fame (unless you started early, like when prophecies was released), is to go with friends. I got to rank 3 almost exclusively with people I knew in GW, its not much point trying with a PUG, although some are ok or even good.

defrule
23-10-2006, 15:42
So who was it that said 6v6 would make it easier for new players get into groups?

eowen
23-10-2006, 16:17
So who was it that said 6v6 would make it easier for new players get into groups?

nobody why ?

check my posts if you like I think I said the exact oposite

thedrjay
23-10-2006, 18:26
Right now the most in demand class are monks. For HA the 3 builds most used are: AoE smiters, WoH/Infuse, and RC Prot. Using any of those 3 build should ensure that you get into a group quite easily.

ZiegDivine
23-10-2006, 18:53

I believe it was Gayle Gray ... or another ANet rep.

OP, search this forum, there are a few guidelines that are posted about how to get into groups, how to get into HA. Basically (as David said) HA is just a social network where you have to know people, not have rank, to play. There are quite a few posts, a simple search should turn up some good posts/topics.

bellissima
23-10-2006, 20:19
You could try the Player match-up forum. There's usually one or two recent threads organizing HA groups.

Here's one:
http://forums.gwonline.net/showthread.php?t=425304

defrule
24-10-2006, 00:57
nobody why ?

check my posts if you like I think I said the exact oposite

That wasn't aimed at you, but I realise now that it seemed that way. It's just to the community as a whole.

Another Fess
24-10-2006, 07:58
at the start the only real way to gain fame (unless you started early, like when prophecies was released), is to go with friends. I got to rank 3 almost exclusively with people I knew in GW, its not much point trying with a PUG, although some are ok or even good.
Its true, coz friends usually dont want smth stupid from you. And they know your skills and abilities, so they wont kick if you, for example as Mo, cant handle Frenzy war against R-spike.

scamPOR
24-10-2006, 09:40
Short hand + run on sentences alert!

Personally I'd say getting r3 is much easier then when I got mine (last sept, 2005) but you still need to actually put in effort.

Laura Fantus
24-10-2006, 15:37

Actually PUGs can work for a rankless person. I got to Rank 3 solely by playing in PUGs. At this time my guildies weren't that interested in PvP (gladly that changed in the meantime). PUGging has the advantage that new players might eventually stumble over some nice players to add to their network. Sooner or later people will start to poke you for their groups (or you can poke them) and the need to PUG will vanish over time.

Be sure to check out the current "flavor of the month" builds so you actually know what people ask for when you see messages in HA. I will list some of the standard character builds you can chose from to run (use forum to look up what they are and how they work). Those you see quite often in HA:

Shock Warrior
AoE Smiter
Thumper
Choking Gas ranger
E-Denial Mesmer
Migraine Mesmer
WoH monk
RC Prot monk
Starburst Ele
Warder Ele

As another poster has already pointed out, monks give you the greatest chance to be taken quickly - so if you like to monk, by all means go for that. Other than monks, rangers are also in high demand atm.

ImSoToast
13-11-2006, 12:28
You can do what it seems like every new player is doing in ha: Heroeway! Why waste time pugging when you can find only 1 more person and have a full decent team or go balls out and only by yourself.

nightrunner
14-11-2006, 00:38
You can do what it seems like every new player is doing in ha: Heroeway! Why waste time pugging when you can find only 1 more person and have a full decent team or go balls out and only by yourself.

That works fine for fame farming, but you won't learn much about teamwork, and ultimately you won't get much better at the game running Heroway.

ImSoToast
14-11-2006, 08:24
srry I was being sacrcastic. Honestly there is no better way than to, yes, make friends. You don't have to marry them, just pm them ask them if they have room. Also don't be afraid to ask the leader what build he wants you running and how you fit into the idea of the team build. But friends make it a totally different game. Than you can lose, no1 leaves and the learning truely begins.