PDA

View Full Version : dervish should have a reusable rez.

ninjabadger
23-10-2006, 16:38
I was looking at the new skills for dervish and paragon and was a tad dissapointed to find that niether of them had any rez skills. Since I play more PVE I always have a secondary that has rez if my primary does not. I really thought that dervish would have on considering they are holy warriors.:cry:
I am kinda of bored only being able to take monk and rit as my secondaries. i can't wait to play as a dervish again though. Still not sure whether to go D/Mo or D/Rt. What do you think would be better?

Woop Shotty
23-10-2006, 17:54
Well, I don't think they want people to expect a reusable res from every class now.

Goldfish God
23-10-2006, 18:41
I'm vaguely sure paragon does have a reusable res skill.

lavenbb
23-10-2006, 18:47
Signet of Return is paragon's reusable res.

I think the distinction is on whether or not the profession can be primarily supportive without borrowing skills from secondary class.

Dervish can provide healing support, but not enough to take a primary support role in a party.

Fownkaymownkay
23-10-2006, 20:13
Bahahah! We Paragons have a reusable res, and you don't! :grin:

Joking aside, Factions had 1 class with a reusable res, and 1 without. Look like NF will be the same. I wouldn't be surprised if Ch.4 is the same.

Traynor Dragonblade
23-10-2006, 20:18
I used to think that I "needed" a reusable rez on my skillbar, but you really don't IMO. Especially in Nightfall consider that you can have "heroes" with you that carry those reusable rez.

It's more of a piece of mind to know you can rez everyone in case of a party wipe, but at the same time, I've found many times you can get by with the signet perfectly well.

I guess my only point would be not to limit your build ideas for the sake of that reusable rez.

But if you feel you need to, for Dervish I personally would go any of them...

Minionman
23-10-2006, 22:48
Dervishes seem like the kind of character that would have a reusable rez, with the "holy warrior" idea. when first hearing about the concepts, I expected that dervishes would have the rez, and Paragons wouldn't.

ninjabadger
24-10-2006, 03:31
Ah I guess have missed signet of return when i was looking over the paragon skills, ok that cool. maybe I'll be a dervish/Paragon. :grin:

I Orca I
24-10-2006, 13:26
I wouldnt say dervsih NEED a reusable res, but the "holy warrior" the character is, technically should allow for one since technically is just as holy as a monk or ritualist. So why not I say, why not. Call it Pious Revival or something and make it so that you lose all enchants and they get % amount of hp and mana back based on enchants lost. No enchants lost = Giving them Death Penalty :D

Roze
24-10-2006, 15:25
I wouldnt say dervsih NEED a reusable res, but the "holy warrior" the character is, technically should allow for one since technically is just as holy as a monk or ritualist. So why not I say, why not. Call it Pious Revival or something and make it so that you lose all enchants and they get % amount of hp and mana back based on enchants lost. No enchants lost = Giving them Death Penalty :D

a "holy warrior" is is just that a warrior not a healer and i would expect to see them with out any major heals or rezes. oh and the only reason Rits get a rez is because they deal witht the spirit relm not that they are "holy" by any means. now an "angel of protection" i would consider to be more protection baised than the paragon but i do like them anyway

Longasc
24-10-2006, 18:25
A holy warrior should sacrifice himself for the cause, the real life and heavenly rewards are all gained in the afterlife after all. For this a bomb-belt is good enough, no need for it to be reusable.

Minionman
24-10-2006, 19:01
Holy warrior in this case means they use their life to serve whatever it is they're worshipping, not necessarily that they sacrifice themselves. Since "holy" in many computer games, including guild wars, is associated with healing, it seems dervishes would have a skill involving the ultimate sort of healing.

In game terms, this isn't a big deal that dervishes don't have one, just a strange thing left out.

critical vengeance
24-10-2006, 23:08
I do kind of wish they had a renewable rez, it would be intresting i mean they could always do something like...

Target ally is ressurected with 1-25 percent health and 5% energy. In addition target ally gains +10% health and +10% energy for each enchantment on you

5 energy 15 recharge 6 second activate mysticism