PDA

View Full Version : Wishing to start HA

Sir Chris the Crusader
24-10-2006, 22:20
I have just unlocked Heroes' Ascent and I want to get a good start. But my terms are really not up to date along with other things.

I would like to know what terms spiker, IWAY, watever the other WAY's name was, shock warrior, dual smite, WoH, infused, or other terms/builds mean.

I want to know which builds are high in demand and what skills/strategies they use. I would also like some valuable strategies for winning those first matches.

As I am aware, many teams demand an already skilled person for teams, but my list is very short. Any of you who are skilled in the HA and would be willing to add Sir Chris Lionheart to your friends list and message me so I can add you for HA teams and stuff, would be a real help.

P.S. How do you check your fame rank.

Hoplaa Ti Hoplaa
25-10-2006, 14:18
OK I will explain some of these thins you want to know.

Spiker: A person who deals large amount of damage in a very short time.

IWAY: A team of 4 Warriors and 2 Ranger Trappers. (usually) who use a skill called: I Will Avenge You! It gives them health regenaration and attack speed boost. They all bring a pet and some Ranger spirits with them. (This is the short version)

Shock Warrior: Is a warrior with either Hammer or Axe skills and Elementalist skill called: Shock. Its a touch that knockdowns the foe and he takes air damage.

Now Im bettin that Woh,Infused means Woh/Infuse healer.

Woh/Infuse: Woh is a Monk Healing elite:Word Of Healing. Which heals for great amounts compared to energy usage. When ally is below 50% health it heals alot.

Infuse Health is the main spells for saving spike victims from dying. You lose half your curent health and target ally gets healed for about 130% of it. So 350-400 heals with this one. 1/4sec cast time.

Sir Chris the Crusader
25-10-2006, 22:32
Ok thank you. I think I'll try IWAY in HA. Can you recommend the best weapon for the warrior (sword, axe, or hammer) to use in said team build. And how would a team like this keep their GH alive.

scamPOR
25-10-2006, 22:33
Iway is dead, so is Vimway. If your a total HA nub I would try to get a group as a smiter... or maybe a warrior if you have some clue how to play one.

melandrus elite
25-10-2006, 23:35
just make a starburst ele.
fast fame

nightrunner
26-10-2006, 01:16
"Fast Fame" farming builds like IWAY or ViMWAY are great for farming fame, but that's about it. They won't increase your skill as a player much. Go ahead and play those builds and learn how they work, but don't play gimmicks exclusively. Play balanced as often as you can, though PUG balanced teams often take longer to form and actually win less than PUG gimmick builds at times, you'll learn a lot more.

Super Kenny
27-10-2006, 03:18
"Fast Fame" farming builds like IWAY or ViMWAY are great for farming fame, but that's about it. They won't increase your skill as a player much. Go ahead and play those builds and learn how they work, but don't play gimmicks exclusively. Play balanced as often as you can, though PUG balanced teams often take longer to form and actually win less than PUG gimmick builds at times, you'll learn a lot more.

Guild groups FTW. If you wanna start HA and you're not in a PVP guild, I suggest you leave, find a PVP guild while PUG-ing.

Tristan Chapin
30-10-2006, 13:27
Guild groups FTW. If you wanna start HA and you're not in a PVP guild, I suggest you leave, find a PVP guild while PUG-ing.

Yep I second this motion. People just starting out in Heroes' Ascent should find a guild with a bunch of like-minded people. Such guilds form and advertise all the time in the Home and International districts of HA. Joining a guild and getting on ventrilo is the chief way to get good at this game. If you become a skilled player in the company of friends, fame and rank tend to come a lot easier.

Keep in mind that getting a guild is a lot like getting a job in real life. Just more fun and less formal. The guild has to be right for you. It needs to share your schedule and level of dedication. It needs to have similar priorities. Don't settle into a guild you think you're overqualified in. Don't accept a blind invite for officership.
You have to be right for the guild. You have to be qualified, and offer an asset to them--not be a liability. You need some personal compatibility with the other players.

A final note: there is one elite skill that everyone from rank 0 to rank 13 needs to take into HA: Patience. You're going to lose a lot. Especially in the beginning. All kinds of #@$% happens in HA. Don't let the rage ruin your party. Instead, do everything you can to learn from your defeats. Approach them analytically, and apply what you learn towards every fight. The victories will get that much sweeter.

Nurse With Wound
30-10-2006, 13:52
Forget about it. Pack Koss and the funny centaur who runs around, and there you go. HA is dead anyway. Most HA dedicated guilds moved away from there.

Djinn Effer
31-10-2006, 01:06
Don't bother.

P.S. How do you check your fame rank.

You can view this in the Hero window by pressing the 'h' key while in-game. Navigate to the now "titles" tab, and look for a "hero" meter. It should list your fame there along with the fame till your next rank.

For example:
Eminent Hero (11)
19,975 Fame
Next rank Kings Hero 21,600 fame.

You may see something like..

Hero
2 Fame
You must earn 25 fame before you can use this title.

Or something like that...

Also, to make it easier for you, if you do decide to play HA.. Here's the ranks:

Hero: Rank 1 (25 fame) [No Emote]
Fierce Hero: Rank 2 (75 fame) [No Emote]
Mighty Hero: Rank 3 (180 fame) [Deer]
Deadly Hero: Rank 4 (360 fame) [Deer]
Terrifying Hero: Rank 5 (600 fame) [Deer]
Conquering Hero: Rank 6 (1,000 fame) [Wolf]
Subjugating Hero: Rank 7 (1,680 fame) [Wolf]
Vanquishing Hero: Rank 8 (2,800 fame) [Wolf]
Renowned Hero: Rank 9 (4,665 fame) [Tiger]
Illustrious Hero: Rank 10 (7,750 fame) [Tiger]
Eminent Hero: Rank 11 (12,960 fame) [Tiger]
Kings Hero: Rank 12 (21,600 fame) [Pheonix]
Emperors Hero: Rank 13 (36,000 fame) [Pheonix]
Balthazars Hero: Rank 14 (60,000) fame) [Pheonix]

sohu
03-11-2006, 16:12

Why are you still taking about IWAY? IT.IS.DEAD.NO.ONE.RUNS.IT.ANYMORE.

opuis
03-11-2006, 16:36
Why are you still taking about IWAY? IT.IS.DEAD.NO.ONE.RUNS.IT.ANYMORE.

I saw Thomas holding with Iway last night. It's not dead - But who cares anyways. If someone wants to play Iway who cares?

I have just unlocked Heroes' Ascent and I want to get a good start. But my terms are really not up to date along with other things.

If you are truly wanting to jump right into HA, you need to find a group of friends that have the same goals. When you PUG, if you meet someone you like, add them to your friendslist.

Pretty soon you will not have to PUG anymore and you can get groups soley from your FL.

slakt
03-11-2006, 23:36
How to start HA:

1. Grab your heroes and two henchies.

2. Press "Enter Mission".

Bacon
04-11-2006, 00:14
How to start HA:

1. Grab your heroes and two henchies.

2. Press "Enter Mission".

Let's just add more Hero groups why don't we.

Don't even play HA. It's not worth it. Find a GvG guild.

Nurse With Wound
04-11-2006, 03:35
Let's just add more Hero groups why don't we.

Don't even play HA. It's not worth it. Find a GvG guild.

QFT.

HA in its current state, after all "updates' isnt worth anything.

asxtc
08-11-2006, 14:32
The chap comes in through the Bar door with a quizzical look on his face....and most ppl in here just throw him a useless comment...and turn back to thier drinks.
Typical!

Im with the "find a PvP orientated Guild" crew in the corner...eating our crisps.

Alleji
08-11-2006, 17:46
Don't bother.Yep. HA is worthless now.

I'm guessing you play a warrior? If so, you'll learn more about PvP by watching warriors in top guilds on observer mode. Learn how their builds work, see why they're good, copy them and learn to play them.

I never thought I'd say this, but IMO you'll learn more even from RA or AvA than HA in its current state.

Sir Chris the Crusader
15-11-2006, 15:30
HA may indeed be useless but I have noticed that most great guilds demand a person of rank 4 or 5 or even more retarded age 18+.... I am fourteen and as mature as any 18+!!!

So really the main use of HA for me is for desirability of my character. It is good to fit guild requirements of great ones should your current kill over and die.

Alleji
15-11-2006, 19:39
I am fourteen and as mature as any 18+!!! That might be the case with you, but more often than not, it isn't. A r0 might also be a great player who only needs to learn his theory (builds, maps, counters) but once again, more often than not, this isn't the case.

Guilds still want rX+ and ageX+ because there's a higher chance they'll get the person they're looking for.