PDA

View Full Version : what annoys you monks the most?

wtfisgoingon
26-10-2006, 05:50
first post on monk forum, sup , what annoys you monks the most?

assassins
dervishes
elementalists
mesmers
paragons
necromancers
rangers
ritualists
warriors

i forgot to add elemenalists crap

Elruid
26-10-2006, 16:27
As a monk since release, not bragging, I have never thus far grouped with an assassin, apart from pvp. But in over 17 months I HAVE grouped with warriors, and frankly, they have proven to be the most abysmal class to have around in PUGs. Mostly I dislike PUG warriors and eles, the first ones for not tanking, and the second for trying to.

And yes, I know, but I wasn't trying to conjencture that all elementalist builds are weak to damage, that they can't tank or whatever.
And yes, you probably play with guildies or henchies, heard it all before.
So therefore I can't really vote on assassins. I play one though myself, and Alesia hasn't said a word.

Shrakzara
26-10-2006, 16:40
Hmm.... I don't do PvP so I won't comment on that.

In PvE, I find stupid people (regardless of profession) are the most annoying. Ah, but that isn't what you asked. Going in a PUG, I find Warriors who believe that they can get healed when they are at one end of the room, and I'm at the other end, with a large group (that he sprints past) between us. Otherwise Necromancers.

Going against us, definitely Mesmers or Willa The Unpleasant (only her, not any other monks). Having not played NF yet, I haven't come across Paragons or Dervish, so they don't matter to me. I haven't seen an annoying Assassin, Ritualist, Monk, Ranger, or Elementalist yet.

MaximumSquid
26-10-2006, 19:07
Blood necros hit hard, but I think you'll find elementalists, high interupt builds, and any assassin using an elite dagger attack to be your biggest threats come Nightfall. . .

i forgot to add elemenalists crap It's cool man! :wink:

Just put me down for Ele

Psychotic Death X
26-10-2006, 22:10
Mesmers seem to hit me the hardest as they drain my energy and shatter my enchantments.

kungfukid
26-10-2006, 23:49
I'm just going to go with all the above, and say any in-experienced player with no self-preservation tactics I cannot stand. Granted, I can see in lower level areas, but sometimes they're just absurd.

I also hate to give class-prejudice, but Assassins seem to do pretty bad when not played properly, same with tanking Ele's of course, haha.
/rant

GuildWarsGirlAmy
27-10-2006, 00:13
Mesmers, DUH! Vile things, Mesmers. *shudder*

DJ Deviate
27-10-2006, 00:23
the 55/SS faming nerf :cry:

but pvp yeah the mesmer

Cérilia
27-10-2006, 10:03
i forgot to add elemenalists crap
Added... :wink:

Antillio
27-10-2006, 11:52
i dislike assasin and mesmer enemies on me but if im in pve and on my side i have to join with a above post that i truly get annoyed by backline warriors and frontline ele's who charge in just so there aoe attack hits first. Add to that rangers who pull and take aggro when its abosolutetly not nessacery to pull and the aggro could have better been gone to the warrior who charged in and is now going for enemie monk while all the enemie warriors all charge in on us cause the ranger lured it. xD ohh the joy in bad pugs

Falconzzzz
27-10-2006, 12:53
I am not sure what opening post ment. Was it which profession annoys you the most as part of your team or as part of an enemy team?

Having played as monk for while i find that over aggressive no defence warriors are the most annoying as part of your team, closely followed by MM necros with no heal spells and suicidal ele's.

I think most annoying enemy profs to be mesmers and rangers (interupts). However in large quantities warriors are also annoying (due to my monks caster armour) but that is often due to bad group agro control.

however i havent played nightfall at all yet and only a little bit of factions so cant comment on the extra classes.

SAPhoenix
27-10-2006, 15:14
I think the OP meant the enemy team. Dunno, it just seemed that way to me.

I also hate to give class-prejudice, but Assassins seem to do pretty bad when not played properly

That's not class-predjudice, it's the truth *lol*

This coming from a sin player :smiley:

Corporeal Ghost
27-10-2006, 20:13
In order...

-Complaints about "nerfs" making a skill, build, area of the game, gawd knows what else, worthless and unplayable. (Yeah, so this one's probably a bit further down the list when we're not in update upheaval)
-Healing Signet misuse
-Stupid people (I'd say you know who you are, but you don't, or you'd be labeled something more like "inexperienced people," who are fun.)
-Mindless builds being sprayed around (and generally misused)
-Naysayers (although I hesitate to include this one, since I LOOOOVE proving them wrong)

But along the lines of the original post, to play against in PvP, I have problems with...

Drumroll please...

Smart players. Yep, that's right. A smart anything will have a better effect against my party than a moron with a build specifically designed to shut the whole thing down.

--me

Shulkor
28-10-2006, 08:59
What annoys me most is doing all the healing & hex + condition removal when theres a second monk in the group & here I am keeping the second monk alive also. But thats no biggy since I am a fantastic healer anyways. CONFIRMED!
P.S. No I dont complain in groups, I just do my job well & enjoy the game as it is ment for.

Musthavename
28-10-2006, 12:27
Good Mesmers that actually interupt, remove enchants, and bother to cover their hexes quickly.

Wakefield
28-10-2006, 17:44
In my group I am annoyed the most by elementalists. So many of them dont understand the point that casters are supposed to stay back and not take agro.

In the enemys group well thats easy, mesmers

Mr Snuggles
28-10-2006, 21:38
WARRIORS!!!!

Im fed up of newb warriors running ahead of the rest of the group (out of my casting range), dying, and then asking my why i dont heal them

I made a pact long ago, to never res these people:angry:

Ridley Morrison
28-10-2006, 22:52
People who think healing everyone in party and urself is easy. As for which class give me most problems...elementalist now that they are alot better.

Unknown Hatred
29-10-2006, 12:20
you didn't put monks as a choice, i have most problems with the second monk in my party, they suck at healing, and i get shouted at..

Seef II
29-10-2006, 19:51
Teammates that don't kite.

TheSonofDarwin
29-10-2006, 20:53
Wait, is this what you hate attacking you or what you hate having to heal?

Hate attacking me: Assassin... a solid combo can wipe me out almost instantly.
Hate healing: Mesmer... they always seem to love tanking. My energy pool doesn't love this.

FireballX
29-10-2006, 21:11
In a PuG, the worst class to heal is typically a warrior or assassin, since they have no idea of survival and just rush in killing things. Especially if they use Frenzy.

To PvP against, either a ranger or a mesmer. Interrupt = mean.

Forbiddian
30-10-2006, 06:28
I hate grouping with Mesmers.

1/4th of Mesmers are very good. 3/4ths of Mesmers are a wasted slot (they just cast their super-weak and overpriced DoTs randomly or they interrupt Fireballs and other spells that I can heal through while letting the enemy Monks heal.

Mesmers are useful (I guess) if the mission is extremely difficult AND the difficulty is caused by one or two super-enemies. 90% of Missions are extremly easy 100% of the time. The 10% of Missions that are difficult are difficult because your group has to deal with a huge number of enemies. Actually, I can't think of any mission where I'd want to have a Mesmer. In most dangerous fights, your group of 6-8 has to take on 10+ enemies. That means each person has to do more than solo an enemy for your group to survive (let alone survive with no deaths so you can do it again without accumulating ridiculous DP).

Fundamentally, Mesmer hexes are very expensive and have a powerful effect, to one target. However, a powerful effect against one enemy seems nearly useless when your group has to deal with 10+ enemies. For instance: Lightning Surge is great vs. one target, but you're much better off with AoE spells when you're facing 8 enemies.

A lot of Monks complain about Assassins. It's true, they're harder to heal than other classes. However, Assassins chew up enemies. Even bad Assassins who suck at playing, who have bad gear and bad skills can assist and tear up a target. With good skill selection and gear (and I guess some experience) an Assassin can deal 300+ damage and Deep Wounds to a target in 4 seconds without relying on garbage like Frenzy, and with managable energy costs.

I also hate PvPing against Mesmers. Assassins, you can deal with, because they can only attack one target at a time. With a Mesmer, any cast over a second (inc. Signet of Devotion, half the healing tree, Mantra of Recall, Energy Drain, etc) gets spiked and you can get shut down by Backfire followed by a spike.

So regardless of what you meant by "most annoying," I put Mesmer.

lobasan
30-10-2006, 15:20
Attacking me: Actual assassins are quite hard to stop. Also good conditions/energy drain mesmer makes my job real hard.

On my team: Appart from people playing like kamikazes, people who doesn't know how to run away from danger. 50% of being alive is avoiding the damage; not stopping infront of it and blaming u for not healing them.

The Avatar
30-10-2006, 22:45
mesmer & ranger on enemy's team = interrupt and u cant even pull off a healing. @_@
inexperience assassin on the same team = keep rushing infront and dont know when to get out and end up dying, dont even have a chance to heal them.:angry:

Razma Dreizehn
31-10-2006, 02:25
Enemy: Assassin's with temple Strike/E-burn mesmers/Anything with Diversion(God I hate that hex)

Allies: E/Me because they always cast "Illusion of wammo" on themselves and die about 5 seconds later.

Gryphe
31-10-2006, 08:49
Just as many others, I'll have to go with all of the above. But my experience in PvP is limited (Did a few dozen Faction battles, but that's about it).

You'll have to add another option to the poll, called "Player without brains".

Usual mistakes:

1. They don't go for the monks/elementalists first, therefore making me waste loads and loads of energy. (Which is, as we all know, a Bad Thing.)

2. Low HP people pretending they're warriors. (I'm too nice, though, healing 'em anyway.)

And finally...

3. Warriors that think they're a superhero, aggroing up to four large groups. (There /are/ limits to how much I can heal, you know!)

Renegade Returns
01-11-2006, 10:12
Mesmer. *scared when he hears the word Diversion*

Shulkor
03-11-2006, 03:13
I do not get upset over warriors as Mr Snuggles pointed out, thye do not bother me anymore because i expect 9 out of 10 warriors to be useless in the group. I actually love watching then try to be so so cool and charge head first into mobs before any of the team can get even close to the battle then they complain why didnt they get any healing lmao. Too too funny. Thats my kind of entertainment when joining pugs

rpgdutchie
03-11-2006, 23:20
I do not get upset over warriors as Mr Snuggles pointed out, thye do not bother me anymore because i expect 9 out of 10 warriors to be useless in the group. I actually love watching then try to be so so cool and charge head first into mobs before any of the team can get even close to the battle then they complain why didnt they get any healing lmao. Too too funny. Thats my kind of entertainment when joining pugs

Agree, and now they are joined by Dervish and Paragorn kamikazes. Calling is out of fashion as well, so these suicide maniacs scatter around all over the place..................... end of story is they complain about the healing !! :laughing:

nimloth
05-11-2006, 03:09
i hate diversion ~_~

mender of bad soles
05-11-2006, 04:01
gotta say eles who use 3 sup runes(2 fire and 1 e storage) and say things like "just keep prot spirit on me all the time so i dont die ok?"

PROLINKer
06-11-2006, 01:31
Actually my choice wasn't on the Poll. It's not really Assasin or Dervishes or Elementalist. It' the NON-SMART people that most annoy me. Smart people try to help the monk save energy while the non-smart ones try to drain monk of their energy and blame the monks when they die. Doesn't matter what class they are, their profession should be called "LEEROY".

Sorry I just hate calling other STUPID :)

CBM
06-11-2006, 08:35
LeRoy'ing tank who runs past three full groups to get to an item or boss, exposing the back line to the middle groups who are gladly pounding away on the monk is definitely the most annoying.

asxtc
06-11-2006, 16:20
Not only the title of the thread ...a little misleading..most ppl have decided to list Enemy and team.
Then Forbiddian´s post just threw a spanner in the dishwasher.

I hate grouping with Mesmers.->
they just cast their super-weak and overpriced DoTs randomly Does this mean you do or you dont like having Mesmers on your team?? /confused
Then you mellow out on Mesmers a little ->
Mesmers are useful (I guess) if the mission is extremely difficult

Erm.../completely confused now

And you finish by saying:

So regardless of what you meant by "most annoying," I put Mesmer.

Can anyone throw some light on the subject...because i lost the plot somewhere along the line.

Telkandore
07-11-2006, 07:27
As a monk that knows how to keep a whole team alive, I am HIGHLY annoyed by people who bring half-heal half-attack builds.
I'm sick of Eles with things like Kinetic Armor and Aura of Restoration. If you don't trust your monk, then don't whine when you don't get one. You're asking not to have a monk like that.
Or warriors with Mending/HealSignet/Bonetti'sDefense/HealingHands/HealingBreeze all in the same build.
Or Rangers with TrollUnguent.
Please.... if you want to make a monk happy, kill the enemy targets.

PROLINKer
11-11-2006, 02:21
Healing Signets are for lamers. Imagine a tank whickh is almost always at 1 1/2 radar range from you and then he uses Healing Signet and gets -40 armor. When he dies there goes the "Why didn't you heal me?" question.

I agree with Telkandore, the faster you kill the easier for the monk.

Hyro
11-11-2006, 16:42
Diversion, E-Denial, yes a mesmer is irritation, but I'd still go for KD wars, I hate it when I'm kiting good, healing good, and 2 wars chase up on me, KD me and kill me in a half a second, so lame that you can't do anything about it, at least you can counter diversion (use a skill that you do'n't cast often), or e-denial (energy hiding set).

kungfukid
11-11-2006, 23:30
Oh, I forgot people (mainly casters) that slap on a bunch of superior runes. *shudder* I just give up healing them after the second 1-shot. :rolleyes:

Mr Savior
11-11-2006, 23:59
Healing Signets are for lamers. Imagine a tank whickh is almost always at 1 1/2 radar range from you and then he uses Healing Signet and gets -40 armor. When he dies there goes the "Why didn't you heal me?" question.

I agree with Telkandore, the faster you kill the easier for the monk.
well healing signet helps alot. since it gives usually 100 or more health depends tactics. but smart W wount use it when hes targeted by huge elemental dmg etc. but well if u have god mon brining Healing signet is waste of skill bar and also points of str :)

Toge
12-11-2006, 00:33
Original poster:

Could you please add what you mean with your question. This poll is polarized between Assassin and Mesmer - my guess is people who voted Assassin understood this poll as "who do you hate to play with most?" while Mesmer-voters understood "who do you hate to play against?" :laugh: