PDA

View Full Version : Dervish skill changes (not announced)

Servant of Kali
27-10-2006, 17:53
Correct me if im wrong but i havent seen there were any changes to Dervish/Paragon in the last update. However, it seems that skills were changed.

As im pveing atm i dont have time (and feel too lazy) to check each skill, but from what i see:

Chilling Victory 10e (was 15e)
Crippling Sweep 6recharge (was 12)
Eremite's Attack 3/4 cast (was normal)
Mystic Sweep 3/4 cast (was normal)
Rending Sweep 4 recharge (was 8)
Tween Moon Sweet 6 recharge (was 12)
Heart of Holy Flame 15 recharge (was 20)
Zealous Renewal 15 recharge (was 20)
Harrier's Grasp 25 recharge (was 20)

That's all for now, just to give an idea :) I cant say whether durations are changed because i used pve char to check these skills.

Also, a lot of skill names were changed.

ps: Arredondo clean your inbox ;) ty :)

arredondo
27-10-2006, 18:05
Correct me if im wrong but i havent seen there were any changes to Dervish/Paragon in the last update. However, it seems that skills were changed.

As im pveing atm i dont have time (and feel too lazy) to check each skill, but from what i see:

That's all for now, just to give an idea :) I cant say whether durations are changed because i used pve char to check these skills.

"Tween Moon Sweet" was renamed Twin Moon Sweep in the final release :laugh:. It also gives you around +50 max HP! BTW, I like the old name better.

(My PM box fills fast, but I'll clean it up within the hour).

Servant of Kali
27-10-2006, 18:11
Aint you mr popular :)

A lot of old names sounded better. For instance i liked Sandy Grip because i could imagine scythe thowing sand in the eyes of enemies on each swing. New name with "Aura" just... doesnt fit in IMO.

Patccmoi
27-10-2006, 18:16

Just to add some from what i noticed, Mystic Sweep and Eremite's Attack are now max +30 damage (down from max +40). But i didn't even notice that they're 3/4s cast, this adds HUGE spiking ability to Dervish. Something like Wounding Strike-Mystic Sweep-Eremite Attack is a freaking huge spike that you can spam (well, as long as your energy holds hehe). Then again, Twin Moon Sweep is also pretty damn awesome to include in there, such a powerful skill. It also went down to 5E from 10E, which makes it much more usable on warriors (since it's Melee attack, not Scythe attack).

xFallenAngel
27-10-2006, 18:28
Chilling Victory not only had it's energy cost lowered from 15 to 10, it also had it's recharge increased from 5 to 10 to make up for it apparently.

Erasculio
27-10-2006, 18:42
Thanks, Kali, I was hoping someone would make a topic like this. A lot of skills were changed between the PvE event and now - many had only a change on the name, but others had other changes too. If someone could list them, we would be very happy :smiley: :smiley: :smiley:

Erasculio

jhffmn
27-10-2006, 22:31
Yeah some balancing needs to be done with dervish skills. Victory sweep.. was call pentient strike gives back about 70 hp 4 sec recharge and does +33 damage for 5e.

Unconditional damage unlike ermites and mystic sweep and doesnt drop an enchant. And if the foe had less life than you it heals you.. granted the heal doesnt do any good if you have more life lol.

Chilling victory is the leetsauce against Rts. You can kill all of a rits spirits with one hit. Its pretty easy to smack a monk for 160 damage with this skill considering...

Crippling sweep has a 6 sec CD!!! yeah anyway, casters are detroyed by this. 75pt crits every strike FTW!

In comparison the other attacks are meh.... why drop enchants when you can use mystic regen and use superior attacks that dont require you to drop enchants.

Expect theese skills to change imo, I am owning everyone on my dervish using those attacks. Chilling victory is just insane. 160 damage, perma snaring, a 4 sec 5 e +33 attack? And the entire time im running +9 regen from mystic regen and +24 armor from conviction. Heck im not even using enchants unless i start to take damage save for Aura of thorns.

critical vengeance
27-10-2006, 22:32
sounds nice changes i guess, 3/4 active times are nice though

arredondo
27-10-2006, 22:38
Yeah some balancing needs to be done with dervish skills. Victory sweep.. was call pentient strike gives back about 70 hp 4 sec recharge and does +33 damage for 5e.

Unconditional damage unlike ermites and mystic sweep and doesnt drop an enchant. And if the foe had less life than you it heals you.. granted the heal doesnt do any good if you have more life lol.

Chilling victory is the leetsauce against Rts. You can kill all of a rits spirits with one hit. Its pretty easy to smack a monk for 160 damage with this skill considering...

Crippling sweep has a 6 sec CD!!! yeah anyway, casters are detroyed by this. 75pt crits every strike FTW!

In comparison the other attacks are meh.... why drop enchants when you can use mystic regen and use superior attacks that dont require you to drop enchants.

Expect theese skills to change imo, I am owning everyone on my dervish using those attacks. Chilling victory is just insane. 160 damage, perma snaring, a 4 sec 5 e +33 attack? And the entire time im running +9 regen from mystic regen and +24 armor from conviction. Heck im not even using enchants unless i start to take damage save for Aura of thorns.

Very informative post. Thanks for pointing that stuff out.

Servant of Kali
27-10-2006, 23:58
So far im a huge Dervish fan but im not sure if i like these changes. Playing Dervish in PvE is devastating, i honestly dont see how a warrior comes even close. With the stuff jhffmn mentioned, they are very strong in pvp too. But we shall see.

arredondo
28-10-2006, 03:59
Haha, yes the Dervish is cheap, but it's fine because almost everyone was made cheap. I think that's great.

Servant of Kali
28-10-2006, 12:02
I'd rather have dervish overpowered even though personally i dont use it, than have crippled profession like Ritualist which almost no one ever used in GvG for months, and even after the last update very rarely. I'd rather have imbalanced variety than balanced boredom of W+E+Mo setup.

arredondo
28-10-2006, 21:48
Found another one. Watchful Intervention is now 10E in the game, not 15E as before. I've updated GWOwiki and GuildWiki since they still had the old amount.

lavenbb
29-10-2006, 09:35
At least vow of strength is buffed. now it scales up to 41% at 12 earth. Twice the amount before.

Servant of Kali
29-10-2006, 10:32
Vow of Strenght needed a buff, it seemed bad to me before. 41%... wow.. that's not bad.

SteveLord
29-10-2006, 16:08
Ritualist isnt garbage. Its just used a lot less.

No one will use them in GVGs unless a top guild does first.