PDA

View Full Version : Hero interupts: WORST IDEA EVER.

scamPOR
28-10-2006, 10:51
So not only do we get to play versus computer opponents (which regardless of difficulty is lame in and of itself) but now they can make a bar of PURE interupts + say apply psn and interupt 1/4th second casts. WOW can you say wtf were you thinking? I don't play hoh to play against computer AI. This is the worst thing possible for tombs imo.

SPButtercp
28-10-2006, 13:31
WHAT WERE THEY THINKING!??!?! I bought the game and have been playing this game for a year for the sole act of PvPing!! And now NPCs have outnumbered real people in HA. Ummm...I hate the game now. I don't want to play it.

My guild has to split up and play 3 people on a team with heros just to compete. Where's the fun in that? I WANT TO PLAY WITH REAL PEOPLE. What's the point of having a GUILD now if you can GvG with one person and the rest NPCs???? This should be called HERO WARS and not GUILD WARS!!!

And what's the point of HERO battles?!?!? HA has become HvH now. It has totally ruined the experience for me. And ANet as my money now, but I will be mailing them all my GWs campaign boxes back to them. I don't want to play their game anymore. And if they keep it like this indefinitely, they have totally lost my business. Keep PvE and PvP separate, PLEASE. HvH is fine if the HEROS stay in their OWN arena! My guildies and I are completely pissed, and all the fun has been taken out of the experience.

WHAT HAS HAPPENED TO GUILD WARS?!?!? Why change a good thing?

I am unbelievably mad right now.

PLEASE SOMEONE DO SOMETHING ABOUT THIS!!!!! I'M DESPERATE!!!!

Khaunshar
28-10-2006, 13:55
Isnt it called HEROES ascent? :p Joke aside, wait a few weeks for it to calm down, its Nightfall release, and everyone is trying heroes out, believing they are better at playing several chars at once, than a group.

There were too many horrendously bad groups around anyway.

MoonUnit
28-10-2006, 14:11
Isnt it called HEROES ascent? :p Joke aside, wait a few weeks for it to calm down, its Nightfall release, and everyone is trying heroes out, believing they are better at playing several chars at once, than a group.

There were too many horrendously bad groups around anyway.

QFT! It's the whole ZOMG NEW STUFF! thing, it will mellow out after a while... :wink:

NeHoMaR
28-10-2006, 15:00
Mantra of Resolve? :D

opuis
28-10-2006, 16:26
I've been playing PvE unlcoking P & D so I havent seen how bad "heroeway" is yet.

Truthfully though, as long as Heroes cant roll a good team I dont see it as a problem. At least it's a way for the nubs to get some fame. Maybe they'll stick around and make the next gen of HA'ers. When you have heroes beating established teams that's an issue. There is NO WAY AI should beat Humans whent the people play to perfection.

Xunlai Agent
28-10-2006, 17:23
Hero interrupts are beyond leet and that can be a tad disturbing but that's why Anthem Of Concentration and Mantra Of Resolve exist... (kk?)

Wuzzman
28-10-2006, 18:53
WHAT WERE THEY THINKING!??!?! I bought the game and have been playing this game for a year for the sole act of PvPing!! And now NPCs have outnumbered real people in HA. Ummm...I hate the game now. I don't want to play it.

My guild has to split up and play 3 people on a team with heros just to compete. Where's the fun in that? I WANT TO PLAY WITH REAL PEOPLE. What's the point of having a GUILD now if you can GvG with one person and the rest NPCs???? This should be called HERO WARS and not GUILD WARS!!!

And what's the point of HERO battles?!?!? HA has become HvH now. It has totally ruined the experience for me. And ANet as my money now, but I will be mailing them all my GWs campaign boxes back to them. I don't want to play their game anymore. And if they keep it like this indefinitely, they have totally lost my business. Keep PvE and PvP separate, PLEASE. HvH is fine if the HEROS stay in their OWN arena! My guildies and I are completely pissed, and all the fun has been taken out of the experience.

WHAT HAS HAPPENED TO GUILD WARS?!?!? Why change a good thing?

I am unbelievably mad right now.

I think the COUNTLESS NOOBS IN HERO ASCENT AND RANDOM AREANA HAS MADE PVP"ERS LOSS INTEREST IN GUILD WARS AT A MUCH GREATER RATE THEN THE COUNTLESS HERO WAY BEING RUN IN HERO ASCENT WILL EVER DO. With that said calm down young buck. The hero monks are actually less effiecent then real monks.... To be honest heroway makes Hero Ascent better. Before we needed 7 now 5 other players to even get some fun out of hero ascent. American district is a joke. International district is just vimway and duel smite. Everything else is hopeless to do without friends or a guild who is active. Pugs in Hero Ascent regardless of build are 70% of the time horrible.

Now I don't have to deal with noobs who don't even know how to do something as simple as vimway. Its not a bad thing that pvp requires less people. The stupid will be weeded out, plan and simple. They will never win nor will they find a group. No more wammo's with mending thinking they did "alright" trying to enter your group when your waiting on a shock warrior. No more r3+ kids trying to tell you can't pvp even when you have the same exact build their asking for. Now you will have a smaller but more competive enviroment when eventually you will be able to form a group with 5 other competent players willing to try and experiment builds. Eventually as the duel's and the vim's get their *** handed to them by gangs of oddly built hero's. Fotm builds will become a novelty not a must have.

Bacon
28-10-2006, 19:04
I think the COUNTLESS NOOBS IN HERO ASCENT AND RANDOM AREANA HAS MADE PVP"ERS LOSS INTEREST IN GUILD WARS AT A MUCH GREATER RATE THEN THE COUNTLESS HERO WAY BEING RUN IN HERO ASCENT WILL EVER DO. With that said calm down young buck. The hero monks are actually less effiecent then real monks.... To be honest heroway makes Hero Ascent better. Before we needed 7 now 5 other players to even get some fun out of hero ascent. American district is a joke. International district is just vimway and duel smite. Everything else is hopeless to do without friends or a guild who is active. Pugs in Hero Ascent regardless of build are 70% of the time horrible.

Now I don't have to deal with noobs who don't even know how to do something as simple as vimway. Its not a bad thing that pvp requires less people. The stupid will be weeded out, plan and simple. They will never win nor will they find a group. No more wammo's with mending thinking they did "alright" trying to enter your group when your waiting on a shock warrior. No more r3+ kids trying to tell you can't pvp even when you have the same exact build their asking for. Now you will have a smaller but more competive enviroment when eventually you will be able to form a group with 5 other competent players willing to try and experiment builds. Eventually as the duel's and the vim's get their *** handed to them by gangs of oddly built hero's. Fotm builds will become a novelty not a must have.

Tell me, how is HA going to become more competitive when you have 1 person teams?

Did the IWAY nerf stop noobs from running IWAY? No. Did the Soul Reaping nerf stop necro spike? No. Have the stupid from those days been weeded out? No.

Yes, its a smaller enviroment. Definately not more competitive.

slakt
29-10-2006, 01:40
RIP Heroes' Ascent. May your spirit find peace in the mists of the Shiverpeaks.

scamPOR
29-10-2006, 02:10
I really don't care about heroes, I'm completely turned off by the fact that they interupt things which are *impossible* for a normal person to interupt. Sure you can spam interupts and interupt one by chance, but 1/4 sec casts are not something a human can see and then try to interupt. NOT POSSIBLE. your reaction time + skill activation is less then .25 sec? right! this is with things like savage shot also which has flight time! NO WAY EVER! Hell 3/4sec casts are really hard to catch if you arent just spamming. THIS IS WHAT PISSES ME OFF. Heroes are annoying, but not godlike except for interupts.

melandrus elite
29-10-2006, 02:44
my intense hero interupt killer
shock hammer war with dwarven battle stance.
they cant interupt if they're getting interupted :P (plus it destroys monks)

Nurse With Wound
29-10-2006, 06:55
Was fun, while it lasted, great times, lots of friends. RIP HA.

melandrus elite
29-10-2006, 07:09
The only good builds left in my opinion are pressures, balance, and the occassional starburst. Heck in 2 weeks we probably are gonna use some new build that's just as cheap as IWAY that uses some of the buffed up skills.
Hopefully.

Aire
29-10-2006, 09:56
Wa/D x 4

Primal Rage
Bulls Strike
Featherfoot Grace
Harriers Grasp
Harriers Haste
Pious Restoration
Lyssa's Assault
Rez Signet

P/W

Song of Purification
Ballad of Restoration
Anthem of Flame
Angelic Protection
Find Their Weakness
Go For the Eyes
Watch Yourself
Rez Signet

Ne/Mo

Order of Pain
Tainted Flesh
Rotting Flesh
Rez Signet

Something like that? Massive pressure damage, reasonable condition/hex removal and a bit of healing.

If you want a bit more healing, go D/W with a different elite (maybe an Avatar form, Dwayna or Lyssa or Melandru)

P Jay
29-10-2006, 22:56
I hope the Guild Wars Technicians are doing something about this, and i hope that by the end of the week Heroes have been completely removed from PvP.

I played heroes ascent for 4 hours today, with all-human party! i met 1 party who did not have heroes in it. the furthest i got was the first relic map, where i met my first human team. whats the point of playing heroes ascent now? i dont want a high rank when i know that people who spam targets get my rank in no time.

But i still got some positive things to say about the new guildwars build:
- Love the new saving build system
- Love that they nerf builds that is getting to normal (really, when i was r1 i holded halls 6 times with ViMway)

I am not going to play Heroes Ascent again until Heroes are removed from that tournament. They are a disgrace to decent players. and i hope that people who play Heroway realise that they are destroying the fun of Heroes' Ascent!

melandrus elite
29-10-2006, 23:39
I still like hero arenas but in HA when teams have 1 mes and 1 ranger interupt hero it just pisses me off. hopefully hero arenas will still be there but heroes will permanently be taken the hell out of HA GvG and TA.

Wuzzman
30-10-2006, 04:17
Tell me, how is HA going to become more competitive when you have 1 person teams?

Did the IWAY nerf stop noobs from running IWAY? No. Did the Soul Reaping nerf stop necro spike? No. Have the stupid from those days been weeded out? No.

Yes, its a smaller enviroment. Definately not more competitive.

Simple, Smaller Communities usually equal better players. In those days there was nothing to "weed out" players from hero ascent by the thousands. 6v6 didn't even do it...the good players left the bad players did randomway or vimway/iway hybrid and so fourth. Hopefully a versue trend willl occure with heroway. Its not even possible for a noob to win with heroes.

Malchiel
30-10-2006, 04:45
A team of hero beating qq hahaha

And I'm supposed to complain how?

Gone are the days of the leaders and officers dictating its members what to run and such. Gone are the days when you can either spend an hour to look for a balanced, super crap team that got beat in the first match. Gone are the days of the VIMWay and IWAY because it's difficult to get a good pug without resorting to cheap builds.

So now I can design my team builds without bickering without haggling without spamming in the local chat.

I want to complain about it? Hell no!

And oh somebody else's said it's impossible for a total noob who doesn't know what the skills do to win any team. Impossible. Heroes as amazing as their interrupts are, is a HUGE handicap compared to real people.

Also as it's been said by the poster above, heroes are there for the pro, who has some amazing, creative builds in mind but don't have the time to get the right pug, or the similarly PvP oriented friends or even an open minded guild to run it.

Tristan Chapin
30-10-2006, 13:50
Definitely strange results coming from these heroes. Like the OP said, running nutty interrupts is definitely a trademark strength of the AI. It just glances instantly at an enemy squad and BAM, applies an interrupt where it hurts the most. Ouch.

Take a look at the old days. To have a prayer, you needed 7 other people with a nice big chunk of time online willing to group with you. Now you just need YOU. And it shows in HA. The place is crawling with HeroWAY. On the one hand the frequency of HeroWAY doesn't bother me because like other folks around here are saying, it's free fame for an organized group full of humans. Just avoid silly mistakes and pretend it's PVE, and the match will be over shortly. But on the other hand, I don't like pretending it's PVE. It's not supposed to be. It's PVP. I want to fight human players and pit skill against skill. I definitely miss the big-time 8v8 battles that involved 16 living, breathing, thinking human beings. Even if they were harder to put together.

Chriseth
30-10-2006, 18:39
kerPWNing heroway endlessly is ****in boring
I wont stop rolling it either until people give up on it.
kthnx

Lord Natural
30-10-2006, 18:55
Once they hit fire eles with the nerf bat HA will calm down a bit. A balanced hero team will usually lose to a good balanced regular team. The problem right now is everyone is exploiting the fire E/A build, heros and people alike. Gets very boring. I've taken to running mantra of flame on all characters and believe it or not I end up using it almost every round, along with warding weapons and elemental armor. Helps a ton, but even so you still take a ridiculous amount of damage.

Bacon
30-10-2006, 20:18
Definitely strange results coming from these heroes. Like the OP said, running nutty interrupts is definitely a trademark strength of the AI. It just glances instantly at an enemy squad and BAM, applies an interrupt where it hurts the most. Ouch.

Take a look at the old days. To have a prayer, you needed 7 other people with a nice big chunk of time online willing to group with you. Now you just need YOU. And it shows in HA. The place is crawling with HeroWAY. On the one hand the frequency of HeroWAY doesn't bother me because like other folks around here are saying, it's free fame for an organized group full of humans. Just avoid silly mistakes and pretend it's PVE, and the match will be over shortly. But on the other hand, I don't like pretending it's PVE. It's not supposed to be. It's PVP. I want to fight human players and pit skill against skill. I definitely miss the big-time 8v8 battles that involved 16 living, breathing, thinking human beings. Even if they were harder to put together.

Exactly. Sure, it's helping people who don't have time to spend or the people who can play what you need, but it's pissing off the people who DO have this time and people. They play to win vs. other people, not play in a different type of PvE. All I can say is I'm extremely dissappointed in Anet, hence why I won't buy NF until 8v8 is back. If that never happens, its just more time for me to play WoW.

Djinn Effer
30-10-2006, 22:16
Hero interupts in essence were never a bad concept; however, the after effect is something destroying the very basis of the PvP world. (e.g. Player verses Player) I think they [ANet] should revisit their decision(s) about HA. I liked the 8 player halls, hardly anyone thats anyone likes the new 6v6. (Wouldn't be as bad if it were double fame; however, it is not - that and it isn't PvP anymore, its something entirely different.)

It may be the direction the game is heading though, from what we can tell most Fan Forums consist of a huge majority PvE players. Thus, making PvP much more like PvE they can attract potential customers; PvErs are their main customers, seeing as to how they are the bulk of the players.

All in all, if they wanted to impliment a 6v6 arena a solution - yes solution, rather than worthless b&m'ing would have been to impliment a new 6v6 arena with ch.3 and leave HA as it was. Seems as if it would fix their problems and still fulfill their needs, and still not hugely upset the majority of the then current PvP player base.

I actually doubt they would consider such a drastic change at this point, as they rarely take back major decisions like this. But, it is an offer to an alternative solution rather than listless complaining which does no good.

Oh and hi, I'm back.:heart:

The Avatar
30-10-2006, 22:56
they should just make heroes for pve only, that way then the hall will be back to its original.

make it back to 8v8? hmmm i dont know about since u can just do guild/alliance battle; different concepts but way more fun imo.

Wuzzman
31-10-2006, 00:38

8 noobs versues 8 elites??? I don't know about you but thinking and noobs don't usuaully belong in the same sentence. Ultimately the AI is controled by humans. If it is Pve then you pretty much going to win all the time, since their is no human imput at all. Since AI is controlled by humans it is ulitmately player vs player. The only difference is instead of having to force 5 other players to play a build the way I want them to play that build now I can grab a more effiecent(less screaming) AI to do the same job. Think illegal immigrants but legal.

Wuzzman
31-10-2006, 00:41
Exactly. Sure, it's helping people who don't have time to spend or the people who can play what you need, but it's pissing off the people who DO have this time and people. They play to win vs. other people, not play in a different type of PvE. All I can say is I'm extremely dissappointed in Anet, hence why I won't buy NF until 8v8 is back. If that never happens, its just more time for me to play WoW.

WoW has no pvp to speak of....so you quite a game that has pvp(GW) and decide to particpate in endless pve(WoW).

melandrus elite
31-10-2006, 02:35
WoW has no pvp to speak of....so you quite a game that has pvp(GW) and decide to particpate in endless pve(WoW).

It's true why quit PvP in GW for the endless grinding hours of WoW, not the best choice for better PvP.

Bacon
31-10-2006, 03:01
It's true why quit PvP in GW for the endless grinding hours of WoW, not the best choice for better PvP.

Have you played WoW?

No, I didn't quit GW, I just don't play in HA anymore.

WoW's PvP is great. I don't know who you heard that from, but the PvP is outstanding if you know what to do. I don't even PvE that much...

Wuzzman
31-10-2006, 03:48
Have you played WoW?

No, I didn't quit GW, I just don't play in HA anymore.

WoW's PvP is great. I don't know who you heard that from, but the PvP is outstanding if you know what to do. I don't even PvE that much...

WoW has infected someone elses brian....what do you call having better gear then a person who is maxed level and continueing to earn better gear then the person who is maxed level and doesn't play everyday....

mattpwill
31-10-2006, 09:49
I think 6v6 is superb for the game, because it really helps guilds to start up, and it also encourages more people to the wonderful world of pvp. "Heroway" is definately a problem though, because as others have said, it gets boring beating a team of computers. To fix it, they can limit heroes in the party to max of 1 or 2.

yuseff
31-10-2006, 10:46
It's more than interrupts that need to be toned down. I mean I'm glad they programmed in some artificial intelligence and I like the idea of heroes but now they need to program in some artificial stupidity to make them at least average (or below average) players.

I'm fine with people running full henchway...but not if they are better then a majority of players.

I say until they tone down heroes they ban em from HA as soon as possible.

Another Fess
31-10-2006, 10:52
bought the game and have been playing this game for a year for the sole act of PvPing!! And now NPCs have outnumbered real people in HA
If you are good player, you will crush them into dust. If you cant kill NPC's :huh: what you want - call yourself GOOD or what?
PvP mean that players are much stronger then NPC's.So, it's not a problem to win them right? Just kill them, and it will become wortheless (to play with NPC).
P.S. i said you are "good" because you played a year, so you cant be noob.

Edric
31-10-2006, 16:02
If you are good player, you will crush them into dust. If you cant kill NPC's :huh: what you want - call yourself GOOD or what?
PvP mean that players are much stronger then NPC's.So, it's not a problem to win them right? Just kill them, and it will become wortheless (to play with NPC).
P.S. i said you are "good" because you played a year, so you cant be noob.

You know, I'm pretty tired of people using the "if you can't beat Hench/Hero-way then you suck" argument. This really isn't about how good you are about HA in my opinion. This is about how fun is playing HA to someone who is looking for PvP options. Guild Wars has been an excellent game for over a year now due to the PvE environment and PvP environment being balanced and linked only by equipment and skills.

HA is supposed to be about Player vs Player as is Teams Arena, Random Arena, and GvG. Heros/Hench were supposed to be available to help teams that were short on having the eight necessary players. Now though, its exponentially easier for anyone to come into HA and junk down with AI and get in a match. That's great for the casual HA'er but overall it sucks for those that come to HA for the challenge of facing other players.

Also, hench/hero AI does present a problem since interrupts are near perfect as are spikes. This means that if a team of live players ends up on a 1v1v1 altar map with hero/hench-way, then that live team is at the mercy of who the other two teams attack. Not many teams stand up well to the full pressure of two teams attacking them.

Basically, Nightfall is very enjoyable and the Hero's are a welcome addition. I just say keep them in the Hero vs Hero PvP that is local to Nightfall just like ABs are local to Factions. That single action would restore the integrity and overall quality to HA in my opinion as well as increase the fun (yeah fun is what HA was before the 6v6 and Hero/Hench problems.) I'll settle for 6v6 if we can lose the heros.

Bacon
31-10-2006, 21:46
WoW has infected someone elses brian....what do you call having better gear then a person who is maxed level and continueing to earn better gear then the person who is maxed level and doesn't play everyday....

...What? That really didn't make sense. If you're saying someones trying to get the best gear in the game then okay. But like I said, I don't PvE in it much. In fact, my gear is horrible, and yet I can still hold my own (and usually win) vs a higher level in the beginning dungeon sets. You still need skill in WoW, which many people dont realize.

You know, I'm pretty tired of people using the "if you can't beat Hench/Hero-way then you suck" argument. This really isn't about how good you are about HA in my opinion. This is about how fun is playing HA to someone who is looking for PvP options. Guild Wars has been an excellent game for over a year now due to the PvE environment and PvP environment being balanced and linked only by equipment and skills.

HA is supposed to be about Player vs Player as is Teams Arena, Random Arena, and GvG. Heros/Hench were supposed to be available to help teams that were short on having the eight necessary players. Now though, its exponentially easier for anyone to come into HA and junk down with AI and get in a match. That's great for the casual HA'er but overall it sucks for those that come to HA for the challenge of facing other players.

It's about time someone understood the problem.

Wuzzman
01-11-2006, 01:34
...What? That really didn't make sense. If you're saying someones trying to get the best gear in the game then okay. But like I said, I don't PvE in it much. In fact, my gear is horrible, and yet I can still hold my own (and usually win) vs a higher level in the beginning dungeon sets. You still need skill in WoW, which many people dont realize.

It's about time someone understood the problem.

WoW PvP needs skill? Ok I've heard enough.

The Avatar
01-11-2006, 06:50
Isn't Wow exactly like d2? I know it's fun but it's just pretty messed up when it comes to pvp since the dupes stuffs around and u can pk anyone at any time.

Shadowleaf
01-11-2006, 09:45
...hardly anyone thats anyone likes the new 6v6.

This is an arrogant and inconsiderate attitude to have. I just reached rank 3 today. It's been an incredible struggle to gain fame because I started playing Guild Wars a few months after it came out. At that time "anyone that's anyone" already had all their connections and a good guild.

Perhaps if I had jumped directly into PvP at that moment I would have stood a chance, but of course I played the campaign first and it took a while because I was new. Eventually I started doing PvP and slowly gained skill and experience with NO help from "anyone that's anyone".

Every single guild I have joined in my entire time playing Guild Wars has not gotten off the ground. Finally I have some friends who are smart players, but like me, started too late. We can't find anyone to make us a complete group of 8, so you won't be seeing us in GvG and you wouldn't see us if HA was 8v8.

But hey, maybe now that I am rank 3 (Thank you very much 6v6 HA) I might be able to get somewhere!

Sorry to stray off topic there... I think that allowing Heroes into HA was a stupid idea. I remember joking with a friend "What if you'd be able to bring heroes into HA?"

And then the first thing I see in Observer mode is Dunkuro use Power Drain.

Honestly, from what I have seen, the AI should be made more realistic for interrupts. On a really good day I can catch 3/4 second casts fairly often in the heat of battle. I think they should be given a slightly randomized reaction time on interrupt attempts and not even try to catch quarter second casts.

Bacon
01-11-2006, 13:38
WoW PvP needs skill? Ok I've heard enough.

Have you ever played a high level character? Or even ever played WoW? Yes, you need skill if you don't want to suck. Gear ISNT everything in the game like people think (and those people are the ones who have never played.) If you can't play your class with skill, you won't kill anyone.

I played the campaign through until I got to the fire islands, where I quit and went to PvP. Played PvE for a couple months, and I've been rank 9 for a few months now...

Siako
01-11-2006, 13:57
What I'd really like to see is a hero interrupting an enemy hero interrupting an allied caster. The probability is small.... but much greater than humans attempting it.

melandrus elite
01-11-2006, 15:13
Have you ever played a high level character? Or even ever played WoW? Yes, you need skill if you don't want to suck. Gear ISNT everything in the game like people think (and those people are the ones who have never played.) If you can't play your class with skill, you won't kill anyone.

I played the campaign through until I got to the fire islands, where I quit and went to PvP. Played PvE for a couple months, and I've been rank 9 for a few months now...

I quit as a level 40 tauren warrior, guess what I relied on for "skill"...
my guild giving me weapons, like my ax of the deep woods. I'd like to see a level 60 in all blue and green gear kill a 60 in blue and purple gear. NOT GONNA HAPPEN. WoW=gear>level>skill

TheSonofDarwin
01-11-2006, 19:42
Anywho, I think they'll either take care of the uber interrupt power or require atleast 2 humans in your team to play. Either, or both, would be a good change. I don't see Heros being removed from HA anytime soon, though, considering this was one of their Nightfall selling points.

Edit: Decided to remove the comment that may have been misunderstood as flaming...

Oh and hi, I'm back.:heart:
:rolleyes:

Bacon
01-11-2006, 20:56
I quit as a level 40 tauren warrior, guess what I relied on for "skill"...
my guild giving me weapons, like my ax of the deep woods. I'd like to see a level 60 in all blue and green gear kill a 60 in blue and purple gear. NOT GONNA HAPPEN. WoW=gear>level>skill

Who's fault was that?

My 57 hunter uses greens. I kill 60's in green/blues, and can kite 60's in blues/purples for a decent amount of time. So... I guess you're wrong.

Anywho, I think they'll either take care of the uber interrupt power or require atleast 2 humans in your team to play. Either, or both, would be a good change. I don't see Heros being removed from HA anytime soon, though, considering this was one of their Nightfall selling points.

I doubt they'll change that. Even if people who actually want to PvP are pissed off, there's more PvP and PvE nubs who like them. They won't care if they lose less than half the game. They just want to keep more than half.

Xpiher
02-11-2006, 05:02
GW gets most of its money from PvPers not PvEers over the long hall. Just look at how many PvEers didn't buy factions. However, more new PvE customers come to GW than PvP ones.

I do think Anet will make it so you can't have heroes on a team in HA, or at least limit it to 2 heroes. Regardless of how they do it, they need to make AI interrupts more compatible to HI interrupts. They can easily do this by changing the percentage of interrupting 1/4 sec casted spells to 1/8 of a chance or something similar. But, ANET won't fix it for awhile to allow casaul players the oppertunity to play the game and enjoy it.

Also, HA will never be reverted back to 8v8 due to the same reason it will take ANET awhile to fix heros in PvP in general. As to fire magic being over powered, its not really. All you need to counter fire is prot spirit and spirit bond, which can easily be covered by a prot monk. High DPS will still present a problem in HA, but this too will begin to subside if balanced builds using 2 monks become more prevalent

And I'm not sure, but I thought that you couldn't pick what skills are used by the heroes when so how is Heroes still PvP when the majority of Hero control is still left up to AI?

Shadowleaf
02-11-2006, 10:19
And I'm not sure, but I thought that you couldn't pick what skills are used by the heroes when so how is Heroes still PvP when the majority of Hero control is still left up to AI?

You set up their build, every detail of it... Equipment, Runes, Skills... You can order them to use skills manually, but that is very tedious. Still, they follow your targets and with stuff like Searing Flames, it doesn't take any special strategy... Pick a target, spam Searing Flames on it, cast Glowing Gaze for energy. The AI can do it.

I did make use of ordering them to use skills once. They won't use interrupts unless it would take advantage of a condition in the interrupt, like they will only Savage Shot or Leech Signet on Spells. So my heroes didn't use their Leech Signets on Ghostly Heroes.

I was at Broken Tower, just me and Henches/Heroes and I managed to cap, but then my Ghost died with like 10 seconds left. I manually had my heroes use their Leech Signets and managed to win.

Other than stuff like that, it's too hard to multitask and tell your heroes what to do, but you can, in theory, play for them.

asxtc
02-11-2006, 16:46
WOOOt...i havent been into HA since NF came out and thought that the QQ pwnd by a guildies hench&heroway was a photoshop job...doh!!

Even without playing it...i would prefer (not strong enough) demand (dont over do it) that heroes are removed from Heroes Ascent (even tho it sounds ironic)

ZiegDivine
02-11-2006, 21:35
This is an arrogant and inconsiderate attitude to have. I just reached rank 3 today. It's been an incredible struggle to gain fame because I started playing Guild Wars a few months after it came out. At that time "anyone that's anyone" already had all their connections and a good guild.

Perhaps if I had jumped directly into PvP at that moment I would have stood a chance, but of course I played the campaign first and it took a while because I was new. Eventually I started doing PvP and slowly gained skill and experience with NO help from "anyone that's anyone".

Every single guild I have joined in my entire time playing Guild Wars has not gotten off the ground. Finally I have some friends who are smart players, but like me, started too late. We can't find anyone to make us a complete group of 8, so you won't be seeing us in GvG and you wouldn't see us if HA was 8v8.

But hey, maybe now that I am rank 3 (Thank you very much 6v6 HA) I might be able to get somewhere!

Aaaaand that's where you are wrong. Being rank 3 (or whatever) doesn't make you "anyone that's anyone." Really, the only rank that's impressive is r10+. What makes you "anyone" is your ability to play, your contacts, and most importantly your experience (which includes having played in the 8v8 HA). See, since (and I'm making an assumption here) you haven't played in the 8v8 HA, or haven't played in it enough to really understand it, you really can't judge whether or not the 6v6 is an improvement or not. Who knows maybe if you played during the 8v8 times (like everybody that is experienced in HA) you would have found 2 more friend to play with, because there would have been more people then. But hey, you got your deer, so you don't care, right? Thanks, 6v6 HA, for driving away all those players!!!

P.S. Starting Guild Wars a few months after release is not a good reason to whine that that's the reason you're so new in PvP. I started in August, a few months after release as well.

sumoneyum
02-11-2006, 21:56
well, glad i got my tiger 4 months ago :wave: give it a few weeks let the devs and anet folks to figure out what needs to be tweaked. i dont find it such a bad idea, people are always looking at rank and sticking with people they know for pugs in HA anyway right? this just opens the door for everyone to least try it. i havent been back to HA since july i dunno how the 6v6 thing is and honestly i pretty much lost all my pvp motivation after grinding it out for r9.
but year like some said earlier, they nerfed iway and people kept playing it, they nerfed air ele's and they kept playing it, they nerfed b spike, yet people still do it. so unless they bar heroes completely from entering this is going to stay around.
my last note is im sure all u guys whos been tombing for a while know Brehon's choking gas ranger build and migrane mesmers. aint that the same thing? if you guys are complaining about having a challenge or hero teams being too cheesy, then you need stop playing FOTM and think of ways to beat em i.e. mantra, spell breaker etc....

slakt
02-11-2006, 22:48

Everyone struggled to get somewhere in HA, and no, everyone didn't start right after the release. HA was supposed to be, and used to be, a high-end PvP area. It was not there give shiny bambi's to PvE:ers. While Anet is on it, they might aswell turn the season playoffs into 4vs4 with random teams, so that anyone can have a chance of winning the playoffs. That would surely please the masses.

melandrus elite
02-11-2006, 23:52
Who's fault was that?

My 57 hunter uses greens. I kill 60's in green/blues, and can kite 60's in blues/purples for a decent amount of time. So... I guess you're wrong.

/sarcasm I'm sure of that...I bet you solo Rag with your level 57 hunter.
ingame analasis of bacon:
while the level 60 warlock is going into cities in all epic armor slaughtering all who appose him with his mighty inferno, he sees a lone hunter and his pet the canny warlock decides to ditch his inferno and summon an imp, he then pulls out his flurry ax and charges at the hunter but little does he know

tch go pay $15 a month for something inferior to guildwars...and i'll bet my tauren with one epic weapon could beat the hell out of your hunter, which is the easiest class in the game to play.

ImSoToast
03-11-2006, 11:26
Really...6v6 ha is such a success that it peaked maybe two days into the change and has been losing players ever since. Today it is dead. This might be the lease amount of people I have seen in ha so far. Most teams are heroe way with fire spike. This is really just killing ha totally.
Please take heroes out of ha.

Djinn Effer
03-11-2006, 14:57
How 'bout we not argue about WoW here, kay?

MasterNightfall
03-11-2006, 22:05

Have you ever considered that the people playing heroway are having much more fun now then they did back when it took two hours to form a PuG that falls apart after five minutes?

Djinn Effer
03-11-2006, 22:50
Have you ever considered that the people playing heroway are having much more fun now then they did back when it took two hours to form a PuG that falls apart after five minutes?

Have you ever considered that the people that used to play HA have stopped? Have you considered that it is no longer a PvP arena? Have you considered that you shouldn't really be posting in the PvP forum?

Bacon
04-11-2006, 00:03
/sarcasm I'm sure of that...I bet you solo Rag with your level 57 hunter.
ingame analasis of bacon:
while the level 60 warlock is going into cities in all epic armor slaughtering all who appose him with his mighty inferno, he sees a lone hunter and his pet the canny warlock decides to ditch his inferno and summon an imp, he then pulls out his flurry ax and charges at the hunter but little does he know

tch go pay $15 a month for something inferior to guildwars...and i'll bet my tauren with one epic weapon could beat the hell out of your hunter, which is the easiest class in the game to play.

You've GOT to be kidding. First of all, I said I can KITE blues/purples. Didn't say anything about killing. Second, how is WoW inferior to GW? The PvE doesn't suck, the PvP doesn't have bots ruining it, and their support actually gives a damn. And no, hunter's aren't the easiest to play. Someone get's in your dead zone and its gg.

Really, the only rank that's impressive is r10+.
You forgot the good r9's who quit playing tombs much after getting a tiger (including me and many others.)

Wuzzman
04-11-2006, 00:22
Have you ever considered that the people that used to play HA have stopped? Have you considered that it is no longer a PvP arena? Have you considered that you shouldn't really be posting in the PvP forum?

Have you ever considered that the people who left hero ascent is 1/100000 in comparison to the experience pvp'ers who don't have to get accepted by the same .0000001 of the community to get a good game? Sorry i have to agree with Master Nightfalls defiantly on this one.

ZiegDivine
04-11-2006, 01:50
Have you ever considered that the people who left hero ascent is 1/100000 in comparison to the experience pvp'ers who don't have to get accepted by the same .0000001 of the community to get a good game? Sorry i have to agree with Master Nightfalls defiantly on this one.

What community? It's dead. Allowing bots into a player vs. player automatically kills the communty. Case closed. In now way can you make the arguement that one player and five bots are a pvp arena. You can't do it. Rename Heroes Ascent as Hero vs. Hero Battle v.2 and be done with it.

Wuzzman
04-11-2006, 01:58
What community? It's dead. Allowing bots into a player vs. player automatically kills the communty. Case closed. In now way can you make the arguement that one player and five bots are a pvp arena. You can't do it. Rename Heroes Ascent as Hero vs. Hero Battle v.2 and be done with it.

I'm pretty sure the Ha community was dead for alot longer then you think....its just the smell of a dead horse has finally reached your nose.

Parker Bsb
04-11-2006, 11:33
Keep it civil. I'm frighteningly close to closing this thread and banning the next person that creates a topic about it.

schesis
04-11-2006, 12:42
Kick heros out of halls... first they make it 6 man so ites easyer to make teams.... and then they add heros :S I want PVP not HVH.....

Kick the heros out of halls or lose all pvp players thats all i have to say...

Djinn Effer
04-11-2006, 16:42
The true Tombs (yes, I still call it tombs) community has been dead for a very long time. Suffice to say, up until recently, at least it still had humans grouping and playing together in player verses player combat, as intended. Not a human playing with AI in a hugely PvE area now.

The funny thing is, they don't need to rename anything. They already have an appropriate name for the area. Heroes Ascent. How ironic?

Heres my philosophy: Remember the Tomb of Primeval Kings? It is now really a tomb, and the players that loved it are now the Kings.

Ayumu
04-11-2006, 21:09
The true Tombs (yes, I still call it tombs) community has been dead for a very long time.That's a very interesting statement. What exactly is the true Tombs community? Obviously not people (as opposed to bots) playing in the HoH and the maps that lead there. And not people who played it while it was still the old 8vs8 way. Because both was still there a month ago. Is it some kind of secret society? The first rule of the true tombs community is not to talk about the true tombs community? Please enlighten poor folks like me who just started playing tombs a year ago and not during some greek letter tests. I'm suspecting we are the false tombs community? Or something completly different?

Wuzzman
04-11-2006, 21:19
That's a very interesting statement. What exactly is the true Tombs community? Obviously not people (as opposed to bots) playing in the HoH and the maps that lead there. And not people who played it while it was still the old 8vs8 way. Because both was still there a month ago. Is it some kind of secret society? The first rule of the true tombs community is not to talk about the true tombs community? Please enlighten poor folks like me who just started playing tombs a year ago and not during some greek letter tests. I'm suspecting we are the false tombs community? Or something completly different?

the drop in the skill levels of the hero ascent community. then there was using rank to bar off the potential noobies. and the final straw was using fotm builds to fame farm in hero ascent. No one like anyone and pretty much Ha became a place to relieve your anti solicial elitest attitude to the rest of the world. The people who had a real social network (people guilds/friend list, not the people spamming "r3+ looking for r3+ group!!!") pretty much ignored the emoters and went about having fun in ha with their friends. That left the rest of the probably 1 million+ players lfg... good times...well for me anyway I had friends:sunny:...don't know about the 1 million other players though...

SumXone
04-11-2006, 23:04
you are not a good player if you lose to heroway.
heroes and npcs are incredibly dumb. drop a meteor shower om them and they'll die, just like that.
personally, i played heroway A LOT during the last week with a friend. and we never won against a good human team. it is just impossible.
BUT we owned lots of bad human teams. the bad teams would have lost anyway to the next better team. ever tried relict maps with heroway? if you lose with a human team on a relict map against heroway, you should turn back to pve.

it is incredible easy to beat heroway: positioning, killing the human, pressuring the monks, gg.

heroway owns noobs right now, because of searing flames. noobs ball up, noobs die. good players do not ball up and win. it is so simple.

hero teams will never be any match for a good human team.
so you lose to heroway? well, it seems you are a bad player.

Djinn Effer
04-11-2006, 23:06
That's a very interesting statement. What exactly is the true Tombs community? Obviously not people (as opposed to bots) playing in the HoH and the maps that lead there. And not people who played it while it was still the old 8vs8 way. Because both was still there a month ago. Is it some kind of secret society? The first rule of the true tombs community is not to talk about the true tombs community? Please enlighten poor folks like me who just started playing tombs a year ago and not during some greek letter tests. I'm suspecting we are the false tombs community? Or something completly different?

Ah yes, we wear cloaks and go to secret meetings on Tuesdays.

(kidding.)

True Tombs. A long time ago HA did not exist on the Battle Isles, it was in a place in the Crystal Desert called Tomb of Primeval Kings. In the days of old, the only people that ever went to International districts were r6+. Back then, almost every r9+ player knew each other. (Obviously there were some language barriers, which explains why.) Back then, we could make groups just by tigering. Someone tigers, they're generally good. (Don't even start the huge argument rank/=skill bull****.) In alpha/beta I was in a couple guilds: K A R M A [Zen] and Negative Zero [nO], I had another account in some guild called Order Of The Xiles [Xile] (But Xile was just a top 40 guild, nobody here has probably ever heard of them.) nO was a GvG guild and did quite well, it also won halls some, but K A R M A held halls at the time almost exclusively. We would hold for sometimes 12 hours daily, I believe my longest hold was 72 consecutive hall wins. (Not counting wins up to halls.) Well, time went on. I later ended up in Marvel Superheroes [MS] (and opposed to common belief, I did not spirit spam - ask David, he knows I despite FOTMs - I was a backline GvG Monk.) So somewhere around the time of the PvPx weekend that some of you may remember, MS started to fall apart. The leader Wolverine (Arthas) quit the game, most original members left and Phat Ele was left in charge. It went south from there, we dropped from top 10 to 200 in under a month, probably less. So with MS in ruins I, and a few other MS members made a guild called Peaches Look Like Butts [pLb], which never amounted to much of anything - but we had fun at least. Which funny enough is still to this day my favorite guild of all times, it was like a guild should be.

Eventually pLb died, and at the time we were very good friends with Int One Allstars [gg], their leader Evil Kya and a few of its officers decided to come with a few of us from pLb (originally MS) to play around under the guild name of Positive Zero [pO] - which was nO's old smurf name and probably a bad choice to name a guild that only had 1-2 ex-nO. It was plagued with inactivity, people going on vacations and people just not putting forth effort to do anything. I rage kicked everyone; one of my officers joined Yin And Yang [YAY], I was going to either join as well, or join Patient Relaxed People [pRp] because those two were still the best tombs guilds of that time. I had friends in both, but I ended up joining YAY for unmentioned reasons. Well, the leader of YAY was Shaolin Dragon, eventually he quit and gave the guild to Tiger Ftw, and eventually Tiger up and dissipeared with no notice or anything; Which was highly unlike him. So this left Sai Fury and Famous Big Stick in charge of the guild, but as officers still. By this time YAY had started GvGing and had gotten top 10 with balanced builds, not blood spike as is commonly assumed. It around this time that the true tombs ceased to exist. IWAY which had started way earlier in the days of Air Spike dominance had grown increasingly more common and the actual city of Tombs was destroyed and a PvE area left in it's sacred location. Instead, everything was transferred over to the Battle Isles, by then.. The true Tombs was well gone.

I hope that answers your question.

the drop in the skill levels of the hero ascent community. then there was using rank to bar off the potential noobies. and the final straw was using fotm builds to fame farm in hero ascent. No one like anyone and pretty much Ha became a place to relieve your anti solicial elitest attitude to the rest of the world. The people who had a real social network (people guilds/friend list, not the people spamming "r3+ looking for r3+ group!!!") pretty much ignored the emoters and went about having fun in ha with their friends. That left the rest of the probably 1 million+ players lfg... good times...well for me anyway I had friends:sunny:...don't know about the 1 million other players though...

I'm sorry, you're rank 4... I've made more fame than you have total in one run. You arn't exactly the expert of this subject that you suspect you are.

Oh and on the contrary, most top guilds of old times (Cause in old times good guilds did both tombs and gvg) were very social, almost everyone knew each other. Even still today, though GvG and HA is segregated, most top guild members know and are friends with other top guild members. Everyone is generally very nice and outgoing, though there are a few people that give everyone a bad name. You've all heard of some of the names of *******s of gw.. Such as I Like Popcorn, Famous Big Stick, Power Of My Rangers, Bani The Monk, Phat Ele, and others. (Note: I actually get along with some of those I mentioned, actually.. Most of them.)

So Wuzz.. I would personally like to know, even if you are embarrassed to say it publicly (you can pm me it in that case) what, if any, notable guilds you've been in. We know you are r4, you've told us that. So your seniority must come from GvG and honestly I've never heard of you. So, I would very much like to know. If its nothing except r100+ guilds then really I don't think you should be claiming that you are one of the experienced seasoned players of GW that happens to know all, be all, of GW.

Wuzzman
05-11-2006, 14:31

(kidding.)

True Tombs. A long time ago HA did not exist on the Battle Isles, it was in a place in the Crystal Desert called Tomb of Primeval Kings. In the days of old, the only people that ever went to International districts were r6+. Back then, almost every r9+ player knew each other. (Obviously there were some language barriers, which explains why.) Back then, we could make groups just by tigering. Someone tigers, they're generally good. (Don't even start the huge argument rank/=skill bull****.) In alpha/beta I was in a couple guilds: K A R M A [Zen] and Negative Zero [nO], I had another account in some guild called Order Of The Xiles [Xile] (But Xile was just a top 40 guild, nobody here has probably ever heard of them.) nO was a GvG guild and did quite well, it also won halls some, but K A R M A held halls at the time almost exclusively. We would hold for sometimes 12 hours daily, I believe my longest hold was 72 consecutive hall wins. (Not counting wins up to halls.) Well, time went on. I later ended up in Marvel Superheroes [MS] (and opposed to common belief, I did not spirit spam - ask David, he knows I despite FOTMs - I was a backline GvG Monk.) So somewhere around the time of the PvPx weekend that some of you may remember, MS started to fall apart. The leader Wolverine (Arthas) quit the game, most original members left and Phat Ele was left in charge. It went south from there, we dropped from top 10 to 200 in under a month, probably less. So with MS in ruins I, and a few other MS members made a guild called Peaches Look Like Butts [pLb], which never amounted to much of anything - but we had fun at least. Which funny enough is still to this day my favorite guild of all times, it was like a guild should be.

Eventually pLb died, and at the time we were very good friends with Int One Allstars [gg], their leader Evil Kya and a few of its officers decided to come with a few of us from pLb (originally MS) to play around under the guild name of Positive Zero [pO] - which was nO's old smurf name and probably a bad choice to name a guild that only had 1-2 ex-nO. It was plagued with inactivity, people going on vacations and people just not putting forth effort to do anything. I rage kicked everyone; one of my officers joined Yin And Yang [YAY], I was going to either join as well, or join Patient Relaxed People [pRp] because those two were still the best tombs guilds of that time. I had friends in both, but I ended up joining YAY for unmentioned reasons. Well, the leader of YAY was Shaolin Dragon, eventually he quit and gave the guild to Tiger Ftw, and eventually Tiger up and dissipeared with no notice or anything; Which was highly unlike him. So this left Sai Fury and Famous Big Stick in charge of the guild, but as officers still. By this time YAY had started GvGing and had gotten top 10 with balanced builds, not blood spike as is commonly assumed. It around this time that the true tombs ceased to exist. IWAY which had started way earlier in the days of Air Spike dominance had grown increasingly more common and the actual city of Tombs was destroyed and a PvE area left in it's sacred location. Instead, everything was transferred over to the Battle Isles, by then.. The true Tombs was well gone.

I hope that answers your question.

I'm sorry, you're rank 4... I've made more fame than you have total in one run. You arn't exactly the expert of this subject that you suspect you are.

Oh and on the contrary, most top guilds of old times (Cause in old times good guilds did both tombs and gvg) were very social, almost everyone knew each other. Even still today, though GvG and HA is segregated, most top guild members know and are friends with other top guild members. Everyone is generally very nice and outgoing, though there are a few people that give everyone a bad name. You've all heard of some of the names of *******s of gw.. Such as I Like Popcorn, Famous Big Stick, Power Of My Rangers, Bani The Monk, Phat Ele, and others. (Note: I actually get along with some of those I mentioned, actually.. Most of them.)

So Wuzz.. I would personally like to know, even if you are embarrassed to say it publicly (you can pm me it in that case) what, if any, notable guilds you've been in. We know you are r4, you've told us that. So your seniority must come from GvG and honestly I've never heard of you. So, I would very much like to know. If its nothing except r100+ guilds then really I don't think you should be claiming that you are one of the experienced seasoned players of GW that happens to know all, be all, of GW.

Its quite funny. How people don't realize what was killing the Hero Ascent community...and even more the community of pvp players as a whole. Suddenly everyone must prove themselves to some kid with a ego problem. I've been playing this game since...january of 2006. Started to pvp within weeks of exploring pve. Figured I was too good for ra within a week or 2 after I discovered a build that actually worked for me in random areana. Went into TA and was lucky to find groups and players that guided me and my improvised build (E/N blood mage) to a few victories. Basicly taught me the ropes. I moved from playing necro and necro variations to playing as a mesmer. It was around mid febuary that I discovered hero ascent and pretty much never touched TA for weeks. Hero ascent became a daily thing basicly doing at least an 1-3 hours of it a day. I gained friends. Around the early days of march I got very bored with Hero Ascent and went into gvg when I joined a guild my friend was in(by then I was r2 and basicly stoped doing hero ascent as a profession). I would go back he every once in a while to test builds and see what the meta game was like in there. Seen and beat almost every build that showed up in hero ascent except Sb/Ri and Smite ball. R4 by choice not because I just "couldn't get to r6 and beyond". Sorry I wasn't aroud when a "tiger emote meant that you was good" or when international district was r6+ only. Sorry that I like.....maybe over a million players missed out on the "kindness of high ranking guilds toward high ranking players" neither do I remember having to travel to the middle of a pve area to get some pvp...but what I do remember is people requiring r9+ to join an iway:afro:.Yep those where the good old days.:rolleyes:

Bacon
05-11-2006, 14:58

(kidding.)

Anet sure can do some not-too-smart things. Air spiking through spirit spam trash up to halls sure was fun.

Unfortunately I met Usagi who was in MS a little too late, otherwise I would have been there :cry:

asxtc
06-11-2006, 13:51
Im with the "Heroes out" crowd...and at the soonest oppertunity plz!

Facing a henchway was noway near as annoying as facing endless heroways. Just to spawn into Underworld and face 6 ppl is a pleasure in itself these days.

Oh and the chance of one of those lucky Halls skips has gone out the window...so now some players will never experience it.

ImSoToast
06-11-2006, 20:37
To me its simple: letting heroes into Ha is contradictory to previous allowances. They took out heroes in ab's and heroes are not allowed in Ta? Why not?? Ta with heroes will be just as different as Ha with heroes which, to anet, is/should be different from heroes arena. In ta you can heroeway or go against 4 humans. In ab heroes could have replaced humans, could they not? So either allow heroes in alll pvp or dont allow heroes in any pvp but heroe arena.

Blu Screen of Death
07-11-2006, 01:48
I appreciate what ANET is trying to accomplish, i.e., allow casual players to experience HA.

The problem is not lack of available people, it's lack of organization. There are several people across several districts, SPAMMING that they're available or who they're looking for.

How about a decent interface to create teams with... like a Posting Board of what people are looking for, and who is available, that can be seen across all districts, so you don't have to district hop to find another monk, mm, whatever.

Ectos N Shards
07-11-2006, 02:07

Wow...I agree with what your saying. But, Guild Wars is just a game.:huh:

Ectos N Shards
07-11-2006, 02:18
Its quite funny. How people don't realize what was killing the Hero Ascent community...and even more the community of pvp players as a whole. Suddenly everyone must prove themselves to some kid with a ego problem. I've been playing this game since...january of 2006. Started to pvp within weeks of exploring pve. Figured I was too good for ra within a week or 2 after I discovered a build that actually worked for me in random areana. Went into TA and was lucky to find groups and players that guided me and my improvised build (E/N blood mage) to a few victories. Basicly taught me the ropes. I moved from playing necro and necro variations to playing as a mesmer. It was around mid febuary that I discovered hero ascent and pretty much never touched TA for weeks. Hero ascent became a daily thing basicly doing at least an 1-3 hours of it a day. I gained friends. Around the early days of march I got very bored with Hero Ascent and went into gvg when I joined a guild my friend was in(by then I was r2 and basicly stoped doing hero ascent as a profession). I would go back he every once in a while to test builds and see what the meta game was like in there. Seen and beat almost every build that showed up in hero ascent except Sb/Ri and Smite ball. R4 by choice not because I just "couldn't get to r6 and beyond". Sorry I wasn't aroud when a "tiger emote meant that you was good" or when international district was r6+ only. Sorry that I like.....maybe over a million players missed out on the "kindness of high ranking guilds toward high ranking players" neither do I remember having to travel to the middle of a pve area to get some pvp...but what I do remember is people requiring r9+ to join an iway:afro:.Yep those where the good old days.:rolleyes:
If you have been playing HA since febuary 1-3 hours a day and are rank 4, I am terribly sorry for the terrible groups you must endure. (Seeing as its the group, because you are so "Leet".)

But on a real note,

Don't get me wrong, I completely despise the the new heroway groups. But it is bitter-sweet. I too was one of the people that, when first loaded up the game, chose roleplaying. I joined your average ascalon recruiting pve guild and played the game casually. Since I played the game casually, I took quite a while to get to the crystal desert. I earned my way through the crystal desert when I discovered Tomb of The Primeval Kings.

Immediately I discovered skilled players, nice people, and emotes. Quite overwhelming. I saw people in all chat saying "PvP" and immediately remembered the choice at the beginning of the game. I deleted my PvE character (Because I thought you could only have one character back then) and made a "Abominable Snowman," and was teleported to random arenas. I immediately asked in all chat, "How do I get to Tomb of The Primeval Kings." and people told me to use my map. This was August, about the beginning where people started requiring rank to get into a group. The only group I could possibly get into were inexperienced random invite pugs, or iway.

I played for hours that night, and hours everynight for the rest of the next 3 1/2 months. Tell I finally randomly invited my way to rank 3. Don't get me wrong, I iwayed most likely a good 20 fame (20 seemed like a truck-load when you only have >100 fame).

What im trying to say is, at least this update is giving those new pvp players a group. However, I do not agree with the AoE overwhelming fotms and inhuman abilities it brought with it.

Ive long-since earned my tiger and mainly focus on GvG now. But all in all, in my mind, this update serves all you elitists right.

I'm still a nobody, will always be a nobody, because I started pvp late. Since I received my tiger late (June 2006) everyone assumes I iwayed my rank. Can you beleive that? I get accused of iwaying my rank because I didnt receive my tiger early in the game, and immediately get rejected.

I'm still in your 200+ GvG guild, and will most likely stay in your average 200+ GvG guilds. Because I don't even get a chance.

ImSoToast
07-11-2006, 04:14
LoL really elitism....wtf sad sad word. Okay so I'm an ******* who thinks I'm god, yet you have to play with me or else your elite? So I have more friends playing gw than you, but **** it my friend can't play with our group because, lo and behold, you show up and we have to let you into our group?

Maybe if people separated elitism from just quite frankly personal character flaws, we could actually get somewhere with these Ha discussion. Really if you come into this game, life, or any other event in your life with preconcieved notions and self- made rules I have two things to say 1 be ready for tons and tons of disappointments and 2 maybe let other people know about these rules or such before partaking in said event? I mean if you wanna fight me, but I can't make a fist, I can't physically hit you or else I'm a "DIRTY" fighter,well I don't know what to say, but simply I'll just kick your *** and let you figure it out, or cry about it, or just simply sit there and tell evey1 how I fought you unfair and thus kicked your ***. (this was hypothetical and no I am not thinking of any1 in particualar lol.

Wuzzman
07-11-2006, 10:49
If you have been playing HA since febuary 1-3 hours a day and are rank 4, I am terribly sorry for the terrible groups you must endure. (Seeing as its the group, because you are so "Leet".)

But on a real note,

Don't get me wrong, I completely despise the the new heroway groups. But it is bitter-sweet. I too was one of the people that, when first loaded up the game, chose roleplaying. I joined your average ascalon recruiting pve guild and played the game casually. Since I played the game casually, I took quite a while to get to the crystal desert. I earned my way through the crystal desert when I discovered Tomb of The Primeval Kings.

Immediately I discovered skilled players, nice people, and emotes. Quite overwhelming. I saw people in all chat saying "PvP" and immediately remembered the choice at the beginning of the game. I deleted my PvE character (Because I thought you could only have one character back then) and made a "Abominable Snowman," and was teleported to random arenas. I immediately asked in all chat, "How do I get to Tomb of The Primeval Kings." and people told me to use my map. This was August, about the beginning where people started requiring rank to get into a group. The only group I could possibly get into were inexperienced random invite pugs, or iway.

I played for hours that night, and hours everynight for the rest of the next 3 1/2 months. Tell I finally randomly invited my way to rank 3. Don't get me wrong, I iwayed most likely a good 20 fame (20 seemed like a truck-load when you only have >100 fame).

What im trying to say is, at least this update is giving those new pvp players a group. However, I do not agree with the AoE overwhelming fotms and inhuman abilities it brought with it.

Ive long-since earned my tiger and mainly focus on GvG now. But all in all, in my mind, this update serves all you elitists right.

I'm still a nobody, will always be a nobody, because I started pvp late. Since I received my tiger late (June 2006) everyone assumes I iwayed my rank. Can you beleive that? I get accused of iwaying my rank because I didnt receive my tiger early in the game, and immediately get rejected.

I'm still in your 200+ GvG guild, and will most likely stay in your average 200+ GvG guilds. Because I don't even get a chance.

didn't I say I didn't do hero ascent for months....after I gained r2 in a month....wait I did...people don't like reading.... But the rest of the post I agree with.

Elessar Thranduillion
11-11-2006, 10:08
Seriously, what is wrong with you people? It's not ANet's fault because you don't know how simple game mechanics work.

A Savage shot will NEVER interrupt a RoF if it was fired the nanosecond that RoF started being cast. EVER, EVER, EVER! They can interrupt your RoF because you chain-cast skills which is generally a no-no and allows even a poor mesmer player to interrupt you, because their interrupt was aimed @ the first, not the second spell you cast.

Seriously, gtfo. If you're so scared, bring MoR, SoC, your own interrupto-henchies!

Damn it, how can people be so ignorant and hyperventilate over pixels?

nightrunner
11-11-2006, 21:14
Is anybody saying they're getting their RoF inturrupted?

Elessar Thranduillion
12-11-2006, 00:31
Yes, they are. Because they're spamming their keys. You guys shoulda tried farming Shiro'ken as a 600 Monk with AV/SV. That'd have taught you to not chaincast.

schesis
14-11-2006, 08:12
Heros out of PVP