PDA

View Full Version : Help with pve d/e build!

Linux
29-10-2006, 11:53
I need help on a d/e build. I want to have a good build using these atributes.

Build #1
1.Mysticism-for my elite skill
2.Scythe Mastery-strong mele dmg
3.Earth prayers- strong mage dmg and extra armor/health bonuses or wind prayer-pretty much a monk attribute
4.fire magic-fire becuase i want to dmg the groups before i go and slice their necks
5.should i get a earth weapon or fire weapon please correct me i am kinda nooby

:afro: P.S i have my pvp buid made!!!!!:grin:

Crazy Ivan
29-10-2006, 15:02
I think you're spreading your attributes too much. Fire Magic only really works if you have alot of energy and atleast 15 points in it. You can only have 12 and then you're sacrificing points in Scythe Mastery, which needs to be, at the very least, 12.

Anyway, you could get an elemental weapon, since you can use Conjures from the ele line or, as I did, use Mark of Rodgort with a Fiery Scythe. AoE-burning constantly.

Linux
29-10-2006, 15:06
yea i fixed my attributes is for too many earth prayers earth magic scythe mastery mysticism

NeonKnights
29-10-2006, 15:12
I tried out a D/E during the WPE and liked it very much, so the character I have now is mimicking that one.

Some others might find better skill usage, but I am only using Aura of Restoration from the Elementalist skills.

I know that it's an Energy Storage skill, but the base 152% health gain I find handy and with the Derivsh Enchantment spells, getting 15 health back isn't too shabby.

I changed my scythe attacks over that give bonuses for having enchantments (Crippling Sweep, Mystic's Sweep, etc...) and stack on with Mystic Vigor. With this setup, I could allocate my points to Dervish skills instead of trying to mix a secondary profession into it.

BrotherGrimm
29-10-2006, 17:01
I went D/E for just one skill....the recently buffed Glyph of Lesser Energy.

Being able to put up 2 Enchants and then having full Energy for attacks is too good to pass up.

NeonKnights
29-10-2006, 21:53
I went D/E for just one skill....the recently buffed Glyph of Lesser Energy.

Being able to put up 2 Enchants and then having full Energy for attacks is too good to pass up.

Ha I didn't even pay attention to that until I saw that. That's an interesting idea, I may have to work it into the fold with mine.

Osklen Volta
30-10-2006, 02:41
I believe a good pve, D/E build, would be a supportive melee.
Using earth magic, like Ward Against Melee/Ward Against Foes or Kinetic Armor to take some pressure off the healer. Even Sliver Armor for more damage. Can't forget about Glyph of Lesser Energy as BrotherGrimm mentioned. However you can have fun with fire magic, like Inferno/Mark of Rodgort. A good combo is Mark of Rodgort and Reap Impurities for some healing. With a Fiery Scythe As Crazy Ivan stated.

Your attributes should look like this if, but whatever you prefer.
Fire/Earth Magic: 10(+3*)
Mysticism: 8+1
Scythe Mastery: 12+1+1

*You shouldn't worry about Fire Magic pumped to 15; maybe 13, Mark of Rodgort still will set all the mobs on fire for 3 sec. at 10, vs. 13 it's 4 sec. same time as at 15 points.

Sorry if this sounds like a noobish rant.:sealed:

LionHeartlily
30-10-2006, 03:53
I have this on the Dervish hero. Try the Water line with Conjure Frost and the Preorder weapon equiped, Glyph of Lesser Energy, Armor of Mist for a moderate AL boost (in the 20's) and 33% faster speed, Aura of Restoration to regain health when you cast the Enchantments, Mystic Sweep, Twin Moon Slash removes a enchantment to hit twice and heal yourself, and Vital Boon for more max health and a nice heal when it ends.

At Lvl 16 her stats are Water Magic-7, Scythe Mastery-9, Mysticism-9, and Earth Prayers- 5, no runes since I haven't found any yet and the rune trader is out of the new runes.

Linux
30-10-2006, 10:54
D/e ebon and enchanting mods on the Scythe this build is a tanker and pure dmger! not sure about attributes distributions

For 1-60 seconds, you gain +40 armor, you move 33% faster, and our attacks dealholy damage. This skill is disabled for 120 seconds. This is an elite skill. 15 energy cost Mysticism Form

Kinetic Armor
For 8 seconds, you gain +20-80 armor. Whenever you cast a spell, Kinetic Armor is renewed for 8 seconds. 15 energy cost Earth Magic. Increases additional armor. Enchantment Spell

Earthquake
You invoke an earthquake at target foe's location. All foes near this location are knocked down and are struck for 26-100 earth damage. This spell causes exhaustion. 25 energy cost Earth Magic. Increases damage dealt. Spell

Dust Cloak
All nearby foes are struck for 40-100 earth damage. For 30 seconds, your attacks deal earth damage. When this Enchantment ends, all nearby foes are Blinded for 1-5 seconds. 10 energy cost Earth Prayers Enchantment

Heart of Fury
For 5-17 seconds, you attack 33% faster. When this Enchantment ends, all nearby foes are set on fire for 1-3 seconds. 10 energy cost Mysticism Enchantment

Chilling Victory
If it hits, this attack strikes for + 5-20 damage. Whenever it hits a foe who has less Health than you, all adjacent foes are struck for + 5-50 cold damage. 15 energy cost Scythe Mastery Scythe Attack

Banishing Strike
If this attack hits, you deal + 5-20 damage. If it hits a summoned creature, all nearby foes take + 10-85 holy damage. 5 energy cost Scythe Mastery Melee Attack

Magnetic Aura
For 5-20 seconds, Magnetic Aura has a 75% chance to block melee attacks. 5 energy cost Earth Magic. Increases duration. Enchantment Spell

i just need the attributes distribution earth magic earth prayer scythe mastery and mysticism

Akirai Annuvil
30-10-2006, 11:19
Your attributes should look like this if, but whatever you prefer.
Fire/Earth Magic: 10(+3*)

You can't use runes on your secondary. For the rest good summary :)

For the build abpove me Earthquake (huge energy cost), Magnetic Aura (LONG recharge) and Dust Cloak (the only earth prayers skill, so it means that you're gonna spread your attributes thin).

You could also take Ward against Melee (+50% evade for nearby party members), Stoning and Weakening Strike (or whatever it was called -- a Dervish scythe attack which caused Weakness if I remember right could be mistaken though).
Keep ward up, weaken people and knock them down with stoning. It's cheaper then the skills you mentioned and works for allies too... or at least that would be my plan ^.^

Osklen Volta
30-10-2006, 12:26
Akirai Annuvil thanks for that I forgot about that tiny detail.:shocked:

Flame Djinn's Haste Or use Heart of Fury, which maybe better.
Enchantment Spell. All adjacent foes are struck for 15...99 fire damage. For 5...10 seconds, you move 25% faster.

Mark of Rodgort
Hex Spell. Target foe and all adjacent foes are hexed with Mark of Rodgort. For 10...30 seconds, whenever each foe is struck for fire damage, that foe is set on fire for 1...3 seconds.

Liquid Flame Replace with something, or Heart of Fury, I had just put it here for filler.
Spell. Target foe is struck for 7...91 fire damage. If that foe is attacking or casting a Spell, nearby foes are also struck for 7...91 fire damage.

Reap Impurities Heart of Fury also works with the setting people fire thing and gaining health.
If this attack hits, you deal + 5-20 damage. You gain 5-50 Health for each foe you hit that is suffering from a Condition.

Eremite's Attack
If this attack hits, you deal +5-9 damage for each adjacent foe (maximum 40 bonus damage).

Raging Renewal
All adjacent foes take 15-51 holy damage. For 20 seconds, this Enchantment does nothing. When this Enchantment ends, you gain 1 Energy for each successful hit while under the effects of this Enchantment.

Avatar of Balthazar Other Avatars work too or Vow of Silence!
For 1-60 seconds, you gain +40 armor, you move 33% faster, and our attacks deal holy damage. This skill is disabled for 120 seconds. This is an elite skill.

Resurrection Signet
Resurrect target party member. That party member is returned to life with 100% Health and 25% Energy. This signet only recharges when you gain a Morale Boost.

Only problems is the long recharge time for the spells and which mobs get hit maybe a bit random with a larger groups. But Flame Djinn's Haste is great becasue it's a enchantment, and deals damage. With a decent points in Mysticism shouldn't be hard to keep the Avatar up, and Renewal when you need enegry or extra damage. Scythe Mastery at a decent level should keep you doing good damage. Even change the avatars around, like Avatar of Lyssa or using something else. With Reap Impurities/Mark of Rodgort should heal you when your in trouble. Of course Eremite's Attack should be easy to use, only 4 sec cooldown. Gear should be Fiery Scythe of Something and a Zealous Scythe of Something. I think this looks like a some what soild build, but I don't noes.

Attributes, should maybe look like this with this build. I don't know! :cry:
Fire Magic-10
Scythe Mastery-11+1+2
Mysticism-9+1

As a commuity lets build the best PvE D/E builds here and now! Right? right?!

Linux
30-10-2006, 13:30
tyvm ill look for cheaper energy cost

Niiamelyn
12-11-2006, 02:01
Thanks for all the advice here, I've just made a D/E and am looking forward to playing around with her. Thing I'm liking the most is the diversity of the possibilities of a D/E... quite a few Elementalist skills actually seem to work with Dervish ones... and there appear to be many possible builds.

I had one question though (as a very new Dervish who hasn't encountered any of the elites yet): Avatar of Balthazar says that "your attacks deal holy damage." Does that interfere with some of the other skills in the build, which are focused on fire damage?

Thanks again!

Tzimovo
12-11-2006, 22:54
Thanks for all the advice here, I've just made a D/E and am looking forward to playing around with her. Thing I'm liking the most is the diversity of the possibilities of a D/E... quite a few Elementalist skills actually seem to work with Dervish ones... and there appear to be many possible builds.

I had one question though (as a very new Dervish who hasn't encountered any of the elites yet): Avatar of Balthazar says that "your attacks deal holy damage." Does that interfere with some of the other skills in the build, which are focused on fire damage?

Thanks again!

If you are in Balthazar mode, you won't trigger Rodgorts or the other "if struck by fire damage" skills.

Personally I gave up on the Avatars. I found them not really necesary. They are a nice gimmick, but there are other skills I prefer.

Maybe they are more useful in PVP (I am pretty focussed on PVE and the occasional Alliance Battle myself).

Niiamelyn
13-11-2006, 17:25
If you are in Balthazar mode, you won't trigger Rodgorts or the other "if struck by fire damage" skills.

Personally I gave up on the Avatars. I found them not really necesary. They are a nice gimmick, but there are other skills I prefer.

Maybe they are more useful in PVP (I am pretty focussed on PVE and the occasional Alliance Battle myself).

Thanks. Yeah it seems that Avatar of Balthazar is a little counterproductive... especially if it's lasting for up to 60 seconds.

I haven't gotten to the Avatars yet... will probably get them just to have a look see... I guess the gimmick worked; they made me curious :)