PDA

View Full Version : Paragon Builds?

asdflkjasdflkjasdflkjasdf
29-10-2006, 17:16
There are 0 builds for paragons, anyone have some good one's I'm in search of one badly...

Chanser
29-10-2006, 17:32
Since Nightfall is so new, don't expect any until a month later.

TadaceAce
29-10-2006, 20:06
paragons are overpowered and last time I posted my hero builds they nerfed aggressive refrain so....

asdflkjasdflkjasdflkjasdf
30-10-2006, 01:52
lol sigh i hate this

Mirage CrimsonBlade
30-10-2006, 03:09
You looking for a pve or pvp build?

Christopher85
30-10-2006, 04:35
Right now I am leeching off another "theory" build that was posted on this forum, but since I cant find the actual thread I cant find out the actual mind who created it:

12 Leadership (8+1+3)
12 Axe Mastery (12)
11 Command (10+1)

Skills:

"Go for the Eyes!"
Leaders Comfort
"They're on Fire!"
Aggresive Refrain
Anthem of Flame
Blazing Finale
Triple Chop (e)
Cyclone Axe

Seems good so far, though the build has stalled since I am focusing on my Necromancer right now.

Mnevis Memphis P/W12

Juiced
30-10-2006, 08:35
I tried barrage combined with Anthem of the Flame, only set the foe u targeted on fire. So I switched back to spear mastery, 4 spear attacks, Anthem of the Flame, apply poison, Leader's Comfort and a signet of capture or res, depending on what I'm doing.

Sclopper
30-10-2006, 13:10
The Damage Reduction Paragon Duo Setup

P/W
Leadership-16
Command-13 or 14

1."Incoming!"{E}
2.Burning Refrain
3."Watch Yourself!"
4."They're on Fire!"
5.Anthem of Flame
6."Stand Your Ground!"
7."Go For the Eyes!"
8.Res sig

P/W

Leadership-12 or 14
Motivation-16

1.Song of Purification{E}
2.Energizing Finale
3.Finale Of Restoration
4.Energizing Chorus/Hexbreaker Aria
5.Aria of Zeal
6.Ballad Of Restoration
7.Signet of Agression
8.Res Sig
-------------------------

Since i have to leave in 4 minutes..brief explanation

Energizing Finale on 1 or more monks=godly energy

Build has incredible damage reduction

2nd build can be left to a hero(just set energizing for him to not cast..you have to cast it on your monks)

opuis
30-10-2006, 15:57
Ive been using -

Anthem of Flame, Cruel Spear [e], Mighty Throw, Wild Throw, Spear of Lightning, Go for the Eyes, Find their Weakness, Res Signet as my PvE build.

It's pretty powerful build when used with henchies. For PvP, I'd have to evaluate the skills a bit more.

lol sigh i hate this

Make your own build? Does that sound farfetched? It's as simple as reading the skills.

Elruid
30-10-2006, 17:55
I've been using a build similar to opuis.
I just took out Mighty throw since it seems to either be bugged or it has a quirky feature to it.
More than just sometimes it takes over a second before the paragon begins to "cast" it. Add that to its 3 second activation time and it really starts to hamper your DPS.
What I mean is: When I click Mighty throw, it takes a secondish before anything at all happens and THEN the 3 second activation timer starts.
Although, Mighty throw + Attack speed boost is quite awesome.
When used with whatever IAS, Frenzy and the like, there seems to be NO delay in use, just the quickening of the activation time. 3 seconds gets reduced to about 1.2-1.5. Haven't done the math with different attack speed boosts.

Jarn
30-10-2006, 21:59
I've been playing a P/W axe user that seems to be a VERY effective damage dealer, and can stay alive pretty well.

Attributes:
12 Axe Mastery
8 Motivation/Command (+1) (For a shield)
The rest in Leadership (+1 +3)

1. Triple Chop
2. Critical Chop
3. Furious Axe
4. Executioner's Strike
5. "Watch Yourself!"
6. Aggressive Refrain
7. Leader's Comfort
8. Signet of Return

With the energy from "Watch Yourself!" and all those points in Leadership, energy is not a problem, allowing you to use all those energy skills whenever they are recharged. When you see a group of enemies, put up Aggressive Refrain before you run in, then run into the middle and Triple Chop to attack as many as possible, hopefully charging "Watch Yourself!". Once you use your first "Watch Yourself!", you should be fine on energy from there. I don't think this build would work too well at lower levels or with smaller parties, though, where you get less energy. But you could switch out Furious Axe and Critical Chop for Penetrating Chop and Penetrating Blow and probably be back in business.

Dravyn
31-10-2006, 00:19
I went with Motivation as my primary skill, but I'm playing more of a support role in Pve, letting Koss do the killing.

Motivation 16
Spear 10 or 12, I can't remember offhand
Rest in Leadership

Leader's Comfort
Wild Throw
Cruel Spear [e]
Energizing Chorus (lowers cost of next spell for each ally, -6 currently)
Mending Refrain (mending echo :laugh: +4)
Aggressive Refrain (IAS echo)
Anthem of Flame (mobs burn for 2 sec from attack skills)
Aria of Zeal (for 10 sec, spells cast by allies return energy, currently 8 per cast)

This setup works great in pve..no one dies and I usually only run with my heroes (koss, heal monk and prot monk) along with the dervish henchman. Have no trouble clearing missions, quests, etc..sometimes its a tad slow, but never any deaths, and the monks never run out of energy. I've done the "waves of attackers" missions with ease running this setup, without full group support.

jvxmtg
01-11-2006, 01:29
Here's my PvE build that I'm currently using.

16 Spear
10 Leadership
10 Command

Viscious Attack
Swift Javelin
Aggressive Refrain (to be replaced by Soldier's Fury once captured)
"Go for the Eye!"
"Never Surrender!"
Leader's Comfort
Remedy Signet
Rez Signet

Mirage CrimsonBlade
02-11-2006, 08:51
Here's the build I'm using in PvE. Basically it just makes everyone burn most of the time.

P/W
Leadership: 11+1
Command: 9
Spear Mastery: the rest

Spear of lightning
Leaders comfort
Go for the eyes
Watch yourself
They're on fire
Anthem of flame
Blazing Finale
Signet of return

At the start of the battle I throw Blazing Finale on a melee character like Koss, then I cast Anthem of flame and they're on fire. I then build my adrenalin to 4 and cast Go for the eyes followed by Watch yourself. Then I put Blazing on a different Melee character and repeat the process. I can keep blazing going on 2 characters easily at all times. For 30 seconds anything adjacent to those melee characters is set on fire for 3 seconds whenever a chant/shout ends on them. I cast 4 chants/shouts to cause this to happen basically making near permanent burning on all adjacent enemies since the shouts end fairly frequently, my shouts also have the affect of adding 20 extra armour reducing dmg to them from any burning enemies (which is alot) by 41% and increasing their critical hits. Team up with a motivational Paragon such as the henchman and you have even more shouts ending causing even more burning, not to mention all my shouts ending helps many motivational skills to trigger more often and heal or give energy back.

IBAR
02-11-2006, 09:59
my pve build...

P/W
mighty throw
spear of lightning
cruel spear[e]
blazing spear
anthem of flame
aggressive refrain
mending refrain
optional :) (i dont bring leader's comfort :smiley: )

King Smoked Ham
10-11-2006, 20:40
Ive been useing a little build i made up O and im only lvl 17 xD:wink:
Attributes:12+1 spear mastery
6 motivation
8 leadership
Skills:
Spear of Lightning, Disrupting Throw, Blazing Spear,"They're on fire!",Anthem of flame, Leaders comfort,Finale of restoration,and signet of return

Well that all i got.Later!:wave:

King Smoked Ham
10-11-2006, 20:42
O yea i remebered im P/E so if anyone has a better build i could build tell me!!:azn:
IGN:General Zues:happy:

Hadin Gar Kain
10-11-2006, 21:38
while playing with my paragon, i have been focusing more on providing support for my party, there are enough charactors in the game for dealing damage, and it would seem to me that the paragon is best used to agro enemies and then support the party with buffs.

sence the paragon has 80 armor, and a spear, he is great at starting agro.

i only use 2 spear skills, cruel spear and disrupting throw?!? sorry i dont pay much attention to the names. but these work great at getting in hits that count, so that you dont have to focus so much on damage.

also for my support skills, i use the one that causes burning, and the one that reduces dmg from burning foes(again i forget name and im to lazy to look them up) the one that gives life for casting spells, and the one that gives energy for casting spells, also the echo that gives energy for each chant/shout that ends.

my main party consists of my 3 heros, 2 eles, one MM, and henchies are one warrior, one deru, and 2 monks.

this has worked great for me, my party is almost allways above 75% health and we take down enemies fast.

im not to fond of playing with real people other than guildies so this has worked very well for me, and i have done all missions and bonuses with this combo so far, currently finished the one where you get the worms.

sorry im so vague on the build, but as far a paragons go i think its more the idea of my build than the actual skills, paragons are support, not attackers.

if you wanna go spear paragon you may as well bust out your ranger as they are more effective.

one more point i would like to add, leadership is a must, if you dont have leadership, or it is low, then your gonna run out of mana fast.

Muhummad Msabi
10-11-2006, 22:45
Here's one of the builds I've used up until the Realm of Torment area.

12 spear
9 Command
9 Motivation
11 Leadership

Spear of Lightning
Wild Throw
Go For The Eyes!
Blazing Finale!
Anthem of Guidance (E)
Mending Refrain
Leader's Comfort / Signet of Capture
Signet of Return

Use Blazing Finale on someone who will be doing melee up close to the enemy. Start throwing spear to build up adrenaline. Hit Go For The Eyes! when it comes up followed by Anthem of Guidance. This allows all your teammates to get critical hits as well as bypass any blocks or evasions by your enemy. Since most of the foes I've encountered so far have evasions (bowmasters especially) having Anthem of Guidance makes all the attacks hit regardless. Foes go down so much faster.

In addition to the buffs to bypass evasions, when you keep Blazing Finale! going on your allies who melee, they continually cause burning on the foes everytime a shout wears off. Between my shouts and Koss's Watch Yourself! its almost constant.

Mending Refrain could probably be subbed out for another buff shout or such. This build works good and I hardly have probs with energy. Everytime you use a shout, you gain back about 5 energy.

Pros - Continual burning on foes as long as you get adrenaline up and remember to cast on someone doing melee. The shouts gain back +5 energy each time you use so energy isn't usually a problem. The shouts used help all party members in the group do critical hits and with one shout, it bypasses evasion stances and such enabling you to kill annoying rangers.

Cons - Soothing images or other type hexes kill your abilities.

Opius said:
Make your own build? Does that sound farfetched? It's as simple as reading the skills.

Some people don't have the ability to put builds together. I absolutely hate when purists on this board start spouting this crap. Not everyone can put together builds all that well. I happen to be able to put builds together but I also like to peruse the boards to see what other people have thought up. Often times it is so out of my line of thinking that I never would have thought up the build but in some cases end up enjoy playing it. Often I end up being inspired by other builds people have created. It doesn't mean I can't think of builds, just that I like to see what others have done. Is that so wrong for you purists???

jvxmtg said:

Here's my PvE build that I'm currently using.

16 Spear
10 Leadership
10 Command

Viscious Attack
Swift Javelin
Aggressive Refrain (to be replaced by Soldier's Fury once captured)
"Go for the Eye!"
"Never Surrender!"
Leader's Comfort
Remedy Signet
Rez Signet

For the build listed above, I would dump out spear points (since you are only using two spear skills) and redistribute them among command and leadership line. You really only need 9 spear, if even that. Your only use for throwing a spear in support builds is to gain adrenaline. Your objective as a support paragon is to help buff your team. Putting more points will gain higher support numbers for your shouts and echos which help the team.

~muh

rentauri
10-11-2006, 23:50
Here is the build I have been using thru most of the game and still use.

P/any

Spear Mastery 11 (10+1)
Command 12 (11+2)
Leadership 14 (10+3+1)

(Optional)
Leader's Comfort
Blazing Finale
Anthem of Flame
"They're on Fire!"
"Incoming!"
"Go for the Eyes!"
Signet of Return

The basic premise of the build is to spread burning via Anthem of Flame and Blazing Finale. Normally I dont use any attack skills, letting my group do that and throwing Blazing Finale on anything and everything. By hitting targets I can quickly build the Adrenline needed to shout GftE which will trigger the effects of Blazing when it is used. Also I have never had a problem with energy and the use of Incoming with They're on Fire has helped reduced the damage of many of assaults on the party.

The optional can be anything at all but I mainly use Stand your Ground, Burning Refrain, Anthem of Envy, Never Surrender and Ending Harmony. I try to say away Spear Mastery skills only because it really doesnt help much and because the build is geared towards affecting the entire group via shouts, chants and echos.

Muhummad Msabi
14-11-2006, 05:04
Here is the build I have been using thru most of the game and still use.

P/any

Spear Mastery 11 (10+1)
Command 12 (11+2)
Leadership 14 (10+3+1)

(Optional)
Leader's Comfort
Blazing Finale
Anthem of Flame
"They're on Fire!"
"Incoming!"
"Go for the Eyes!"
Signet of Return

The basic premise of the build is to spread burning via Anthem of Flame and Blazing Finale. Normally I dont use any attack skills, letting my group do that and throwing Blazing Finale on anything and everything. By hitting targets I can quickly build the Adrenline needed to shout GftE which will trigger the effects of Blazing when it is used. Also I have never had a problem with energy and the use of Incoming with They're on Fire has helped reduced the damage of many of assaults on the party.

The optional can be anything at all but I mainly use Stand your Ground, Burning Refrain, Anthem of Envy, Never Surrender and Ending Harmony. I try to say away Spear Mastery skills only because it really doesnt help much and because the build is geared towards affecting the entire group via shouts, chants and echos.

If you don't use any attack skills, then why even put points in spear mastery? Its points better spent elsewhere IMO.

~muh

rentauri
14-11-2006, 05:21
Not really. 9 ranks in Spear Mastery let me use the Spear at its max (Prayer of the Forgotten) anything else is just extra. I have reduced the points on Spear Mastery from 11 to 9 and buffed up Command but frankly there is no need. At 14 ranks of Leadership I receive everything I need and want (good energy, and a 3 second burning effect) while a command of 12 gives me the 6 second Incoming I want. I believe at 14 it raises to 7 seconds but if memory serves I cant keep a 9 Spear Mastery and have a 14 command. While I could go below a 9 SM I do not like going below a weapons requirements it makes it less effective. And remember I do attack, I have to in order to build up Adrenline, I just dont devote a skill on the bar to Spear Mastery.

Basically I have points in Spear Mastery cause I like hitting the requirements and because I never needed a Higher Leadership or Command.