PDA

View Full Version : Nerfing Heroway

Chriseth
30-10-2006, 19:50
I didn't notice any other posts about this.
And its not that its killing me a lot.
But Rolling through henchway after henchway makes the game really boring.
A net should change it so that at least 3-4 people have to be in the group before it automatically sends you back to Heroe's Ascent.

thedrjay
30-10-2006, 19:53
http://forums.gwonline.net/showthread.php?t=427504

Being discussed in this thread

schesis
14-11-2006, 09:13
Heros out of PVPPPP

God Apprentice
27-11-2006, 19:19
Agreed. Hero teams are just like The Zaishen:

[Rnub]

richo
14-12-2006, 20:38
easy way to farm with better then pug so rather have them stay...
to me hero > anything upto r5

supaet
14-12-2006, 22:18

true, but you're cheating everyone including yourself

Djinn Effer
15-12-2006, 00:44
I didn't notice any other posts about this.

Look harder.

Heroway isn't the problem, 6v6 is the problem.

God Apprentice
15-12-2006, 14:42

That sounds lazy

richo
15-12-2006, 17:22
true, but you're cheating everyone including yourself

like everyone the past year and a half year with iway and to easy 1...2...3...spike...no ty rather use heroway

Buddah
15-12-2006, 19:32
like everyone the past year and a half year with iway and to easy 1...2...3...spike...no ty rather use heroway
So true in a sense. Kind of parallels the this thread. http://guildwars.incgamers.com/forums/showthread.php?t=433199

Tucks
15-12-2006, 20:57
The sad thing is that the heroes only win vs other hero teams, and even then the heroes are the best players of the team, the team "leader" doesn't have a clue what the **** is going on outside on OMG SPAM SEARING FLAMEZ.

It is just giving people a way to get fame without the experience along side it, really completely defeating the point.

defrule
16-12-2006, 00:21

btw the countdown for spikes was 3 2 1 not 1 2 3 spike.

If 8v8 came back, I would most definitely welcome iway.

Tucks
16-12-2006, 02:06
btw the countdown for spikes was 3 2 1 not 1 2 3 spike.

If 8v8 came back, I would most definitely welcome iway.

Same, people dont realise this, but IWAY had been balanced a long time. Most of the scrubs had moved onto bloodspike, even that wasn't too bad.

Djinn Effer
16-12-2006, 04:40
Same, people dont realise this, but IWAY had been balanced a long time. Most of the scrubs had moved onto bloodspike, even that wasn't too bad.

IWAY wasn't unbalanced, it was just over used. More of anything, people just got tired of seeing it.

Lord Natural
16-12-2006, 10:51
Taking heroes out of HA isn't going to magically fix things. HA was steadily declining in popularity for months, and although I prefer 8v8, heroes did help to add some activity for the 6v6 form. You don't have nearly as many uw->hoh jumps now, and at peak times most heroways don't make it far up the ladder. We may be stuck with 6v6 for the time being, but at least it's possible to earn fame in the meantime.

I still want to see 8v8 make a return, but just nixing heroes won't make things like they used to be. People seem to think that just by removing heroes, all of the old players will magically return and HA will become uber. Fact of the matter is, a lot of good players who've been around since the beginning have since gotten their desired rank and moved on. If anet is serious about revitalizing HA at some point (i.e. bringing formerly active HA players back), they need to a) return it to an 8v8 format so that it at least has some similarities to GvG, and b) make some major changes that make players want to HA again. I'm talking new maps, objectives, and rewards. Make the dang HoH chest so good that players will start groups just for that. You've got the crystalline sword, which barely drops, and a truckload of mesmer and water magic runes. What a waste.

Natus
17-12-2006, 05:41
Heroway doesn't need anything done to it.

I <3 Heroway

Natus
17-12-2006, 05:42
...Except I get called a n00b for going into HA with heroway Searing Flames builds, but I love the attention that I get from sore losers. :wink:

-Natus

God Apprentice
17-12-2006, 10:01
Heroway doesn't need anything done to it.

I <3 Heroway

Is it because you like anti-social fame farming?

Chaos Deity
17-12-2006, 17:16
Natus, you are obviously new, so let me explain nicely:

HoH at 8v8 was auctually entertaining, and to earn fame meant that you were experienced and a vet. now, i seen r6+ groups die at first people battle, just becuase half were fame farmers!

HoH was supposed to be the ultimate competition, not some battle where some smart idoits use some bots to cheat their way to the top.

Deaths
18-12-2006, 04:30
Get back to the 8vs8 it was fun. And u had alot of choices for Teambuilds. Everytime i try Ha nowadays out i feel like their is missing something important in the build. Well i dont play that much HA since 6vs6. Even less with that much Heroway.

richo
20-12-2006, 19:17
Natus, you are obviously new, so let me explain nicely:

HoH at 8v8 was auctually entertaining, and to earn fame meant that you were experienced and a vet. now, i seen r6+ groups die at first people battle, just becuase half were fame farmers!

HoH was supposed to be the ultimate competition, not some battle where some smart idoits use some bots to cheat their way to the top.

say that to the pple when gw got just got released and already where r7 in a record time...

hoh was never the ultimate competition, or you call the ultimate competition running vent let 1 person press ctrl + space then press T and press 1-8 in a random order to get a spike, or use IwAy thats even more mindles then activating a bot to farm elona or w/e....

thedrjay
20-12-2006, 19:44
1. your comment about people making r7 immediately makes little to no sense.

2. Wow, I completely forgot that nobody used monks in HoH and therefore 1 person would just make the call for a spike and everyone else would listen. No one would do anything else but wait to press the button for the spike.

3. And yet another person mentioning IWAY, again not realizing that in it's further incarnations it merely changed into a high pressure build.

You're spouting off stuff that has no bearing on the conversation, in regards to the topic of heroway. Yet another person who has no clue about HA.

Lord Natural
20-12-2006, 20:10
say that to the pple when gw got just got released and already where r7 in a record time...

hoh was never the ultimate competition, or you call the ultimate competition running vent let 1 person press ctrl + space then press T and press 1-8 in a random order to get a spike, or use IwAy thats even more mindles then activating a bot to farm elona or w/e....

If that's your perception of what HA is or was, then you are obviously inexperienced in that regard. Let's consider HA from 2005, since that's when you're basing your argument on. At times, a skilled 8 man team would have to be prepared to fight and defeat a combination of IWAY, spikes, degen, and balanced in any and all of the map objectives. There were teams that could do this all the way to HoH at will. Let's also consider that at the height of IWAY and even blood spike, there were many GvG variations of those builds, even in the top 20. So there were HA teams that could fight and defeat any combination of build in any number of objectives, yet (good) GvG teams that could not do the same under 1 objective.

In general, I think GvG is most definitely the height of competition. But to say that HA was mindless and uncompetitive just goes to show you've never fought in a good HA match before. Remember, a lot of the top GvG guilds and players got their start in HA. Just because there are some teams using gimmicks to gain fame, doesn't mean all of HA is uncompetitive. You can also use gimmicks to gain champion points.

God Apprentice
20-12-2006, 23:39
Update: Heroes and Henchman will be limited to 2 per team

GG Hero teams

thedrjay
21-12-2006, 01:36
Woot Woot

10 chars

Parker Bsb
21-12-2006, 13:01
Please use the existing thread.