PDA

View Full Version : Experienced Player Looking For a Guild

Wytethorn
31-10-2006, 17:31
I've been playing Guild Wars since release and I have all three chapters. I have pretty extensive PvE experience, and some PvP experience in the arena. I've been stuck in a guild with some very inactive friends of mine, so I'm used to doing things on my own and not as much experience doing things that require a group that isn't just a PUG, such as GvG, HoH, or even the elite PvE missions and Alliance Battles. I think I'd like a change.

I can offer a guild a fairly large portfolio of maximum level/attribute/secondary profession switchable characters for PvE, and a lot of unlocked skills and equipment for PvP. I'm working on making a max level character for each profession. What I have so far is a monk, a warrior, a ranger, an assassin, an elementalist, a paragon, and a necromancer. I still need to create and max out a mesmer, a ritualist and a dervish.

I also have experience with all three campaigns and have finished them all on at least one character. I have experience both leading and following PUGs, and I consider myself a competent player who's familiar with the concept of teamwork. It will also probably take some work to get me fully out of my I-prefer-playing-with-heros-and-henchies-alone mentality, but I think the results will be worth it.

I still consider myself a pretty casual player, and I don't particularly wish to be pressured into a certain level of activity, though I think I'll probably be fairly active for awhile at least.

Here's what I'm looking for. I would like a fairly active guild that I can find people to do something with most of the time. I'd like them to do a little PvP, mostly alliance battles and such than anything hugely competitive. I definitely require a mature group. I'm 20 and I would prefer a group that accepts defeat with almost as much grace as victory and is entirely free of bickering and drama.

I also have a tendency to express myself online with standard capitalization, spelling and grammar (outside of trade and local chatter [in order to fit in =P], and also missions and quests --- I can't stand people who waste time with capitalization and spelling when there's no time to waste). It would be absolutely wonderful if I could find a group like that, but failing that. i guess i could learn to speak like this lol

My IGN is Meridius Wytethorn.

Rastain
31-10-2006, 18:59
Hello Meridius,

We might have what you are looking for in a guild.

This is our mission/recruit statement.

If you are interested in a guild that is centered on helping others and values the idea that gaming should be fun, maybe we have what you are looking for.

Wintersbane has been and will always be centered around friendship family and honor. Each member is viewed as an extended family. We dont force or require anyone to do anything. Our goal is to have fun and enjoy ourselves. We focus on ROLEPLAY and PVE and PVP equally and try to help each other in these endeavors. We frown upon elitism in any form and understand that at one time or another we all where learning the game.

We are part of a two guild Kurzick Alliance with another guild that functions and holds the same values and views as us.

We are primarily a mature guild.. but we dont not have age requirements or restrictions.. each member acts and respects others in a mature manner

If interested please visit.

http://wintersbane.x.am

Or contact Rastain Monsaic or Azzorrian Darkaven ingame.

We have Teamspeak and all that stuff as well :)

Now that is exactly what we do.. most of our guild will tell you that our goal is to have fun and allow others to experience the game the way they want to.. we are there to back you up help you out and basically have others to hang with if thats all you are looking for..

I hope to hear from you soon.. If not Good luck in your search

Rastain

YellowLab
02-11-2006, 20:35
If you are still looking for a guild, I invite you to check out www.clan-da.com

We are a multi-gaming clan active in GW (and Sacred and WoW) and come from all walks of life and parts of the world. Our home base is on the American servers, but we have people from Europe, Australia and North America. Our guild, Descendants of Ancaria, is active in both PvE and PvP. We have scheduled activities weekly (come and join if you want, if you don't want - no problem) as well as ad hoc things going on all the time while players are on, both within our guild and our with our alliance members. Our goal is to offer people a place to have fun while they are gaming - hey, isn't that why we all game?

Our policy is a little different than most guilds: you are a member of Clan-DA first with membership to the guild secondary. With that, we do have a process to ensure that our style of gaming meshes with yours. Because of that, we have a very low turnover rate.

If you are still interested, I urge you to check out www.clan-da.com. Register on our forums and post a hello.

YellowLab
Clan-DA Recruitment Officer

Aphrodite Sky
03-11-2006, 04:40
Hi,

I’m Aphrodite of KoA... Knights of the Alliance if you want to long version. Let me start with a small bit of KoA history. The guild was founded in 1997 in the game of Diablo. It was moved to Ultima Online when Diablo got old and stayed strong there until just this past year. Small groups have branched off over the years to different games like SB, WoW and CoV. 2 of us branched off here to GW and started the guild the day the box hit the shelves.

We like to think of ourselves as a balanced guild that does everything from PvE to PvP and GvG. We have weekly events on Sunday, Tuesday, Wednesday, Thursday, and Friday evenings. Sunday and Wednesday are set up for our special rated GvG group which we call the Obsidian Order or OO. In order to participate in the rated GvG you must prove that you know how to PvP as well as get to know the rest of the group well enough to get 2/3 of them to vote for your admittance into the special group. Right now that group has a very small number of members but with selective recruitment we are sure to fill it with the most skilled and experienced players we can find. Tuesday night is “open PvP” when we go to Hero’s Ascent as a guild. Thursday night is scheduled for “open GvG” where any members of the guild can GvG with a few members of the OO to get experience. Fridays are set up as PvE night with a scheduled, mission, high end PvE area, or skill capping event. The rest of the nights/times are open to whatever the guild (or individual) feels like doing. These events are optional and are available to members but not required for membership. We do realize that people have real lives and families, but if you are available we'd love to have everyone who can join in do so.

We are the leaders of a very small alliance consisting of 3 guilds working toward a similar goal of friendship and cooperation first and world domination second. We are in the process of working out all the details so we can add more guilds to the alliance in the near future. The Alliance has chosen the Kurzick faction. We do not have any faction farming requirements.

I should also mention we do have a few requirements just so you are informed. There is a minimum age requirement of 16, but we prefer 18+. We have a dedicated Ventrilo server and require members to use it, as well as the forums. We remove players that are inactive for more than a month just to get rid of dead weight on the roster. Of course, if we have someone go on a long vacation they wouldn’t get kicked as long as we know about it ahead of time. We feel it is better to have a guild of fewer active people than it is to have a large guild that has only a small percentage of active members.

Here are a few general guidelines from the Leader of KoA:
1. Dedication - KoA has always been one of the top guilds in any game we played. Our members work together to make that a reality.
2. Skill - MMORPG's are all about tactics and planning. You must strive to prefect your character(s) class(es).
3. Loyalty/Trust/Friendship - You are encouraged to get to know your fellow guild members inside and outside the game. Our strong bonds of loyalty come from the friendships we have formed over the years.
4. Leadership - Guild Officers can't always be on to make decisions and organize raids. Recruitment is the job of every member in the guild.
5. Patience - Success doesn't happen overnight. Your efforts will be rewarded as the guild grows and strengthens!
6. Maturity - Fighting and arguing are NOT tolerated on the boards or in guild chat. If you have problems with another member take it up with a council member. HOWEVER intelligent constructive criticism IS ALLOWED in an effort to improve on tactics and game play.

Thanks for taking the time to read my short novel. If you like what you read here please check out our guild forums (http://www.allianceknights.net/phpBB2/index.php) and our website (http://www.allianceknights.net). Feel free to contact us on the public forum or you can whisper me in game. My IGN is Aphrodite Sky. I look forward to hearing from everyone.

Aph