PDA

View Full Version : War Machine's D/A Build: The Mystic Sandstormer

Adslahnit
01-11-2006, 17:45
I'm actually quite surprised that nobody's posted this yet. War Machine has been using a unique Dervish build in pretty much EVERY GvG they've played since Nightfall that involves stacking Enchantments and ripping them off with Mystic Sandstorm to induce a huge AoE spike. Anyway, here's the build:

Dervish/Assassin

Weapon: [+15 Energy] [Energy 5^50] [+30 Health] [20% Recharge on Spells] STAFF

Mysticism 12 + 3 + 1
Earth Prayers 12 + 1
Shadow Arts 3

1.) Zealous Renewal
2.) Heart of Holy Flame
3.) Aura of Thorns
4.) Mirage Cloak
5.) Mystic Sandstorm
6.) Shadow Prison
7.) Imbue Health
8.) Resurrection Signet

Usage:
1.) Use the four Enchants from left to right.
2.) Shadow Prison to a foe that is preferrably near other enemies.
3.) Hit Mystic Sandstorm.
4.) Kite away.
5.) Repeat steps 1 to 4.
(Wand while under Zealous Renewal before hitting Mystic Sandstorm for emergency Energy. Use Imbue Health as a backup heal for allies. Res Signet dead allies.)

Seems pretty cheap, eh? Well, it works pretty darn good. Dervishes may seem stupid with a staff, but the extra energy and the stylish staff-stance makes up for it.

Would anybody like to derive a build suited for PvE with this Mystic Sandstormer setup?

Fownkaymownkay
01-11-2006, 18:28
Take out Shadow Prison for Death's Escape.. I think thats the name.. The one where you shadow step to target ally and gain x health. Switch Aura of Throns with Staggering Force. Umm.. Put Vigorous Renewal in there too. I think thats the name..the one where you get x hp per swing while under that enchantment.

Jeez, I gotta learn some skills other than the Paragon ones :laugh:

Wilhelm the Great
01-11-2006, 19:02
Yup, I watched them play uP I think...well it was a Oppressive Gaze spike. Their Dervish took down 4 spikers right off the bat, and it was game over from their.

Like 5 people were like 'WHOA' the when it happened, it was quite impressive.

ArenaNet and the Nerfbat is on deck.

Yozhura
01-11-2006, 19:37
I used a Mystic Sandstorm+Mirage Cloak build in the PvP beta weekend and in the WPE.

My skills were:
Mystic Sandstorm
Staggering Force
Pious Renewal
Vital Boon
Mirage Cloak

It worked fairly well in PvP aswell as PvE. Don't know how it would work now though, with all the skill changes.

Adslahnit
02-11-2006, 04:38
Currently, the four Enchants that War Machine is using right now are the most damaging on-removal Dervish Enchants. I don't see any point in downgrading to a less-damaging Enchant.

Kojak
02-11-2006, 04:51
I should note. The mystic sandstorm was used in a spike. The health drop of the "victims" wasn't due to the dervishes sandstorm alone. It removes around 40 - 60% health, The follow up spike removes the rest.

It's nice. But I think it's alot of prep work, and alot of field position managment. In my opinion there's alot better dervish builds they could be running.

dakedderb
02-11-2006, 07:45
Yeah, sounds like a nice build, but easy to counter. Cripple, enchant removal, or a bond whenever the Derv goes in for the kill. It is strong because it is new, IMO. If it gets popular I'm sure people will learn to counter it.

Adslahnit
02-11-2006, 12:59
Errr, how will Cripple disable the Dervish when he's about to hit Mystic Sandstorm if he uses Shadow Prison to get to the foe?

homefry
02-11-2006, 13:06
Wow, nice build.

Just saying you should tell what each skill does and bold out and underline letters more.

But hey! thats a nice build

dakedderb
02-11-2006, 17:20
Yeah, I suppose cripple is not the best counter, sorry I'm not real familiar with many of the new skills.

lavenbb
02-11-2006, 19:05
It's pretty much like Starburst eles, except you also get to use an elite teleport, teleporting pbaoe dervishes have been around since the first pvp preview.. so.. nothing new :P

Fownkaymownkay
02-11-2006, 19:13
How do you spike with Opressive Gaze..? I mean except for using it as an enchant that you can rip off for some damage.

Dogbert
02-11-2006, 20:41
How do you spike with Opressive Gaze..? I mean except for using it as an enchant that you can rip off for some damage.

What do you mean? It's not an enchantment. It's a skill used by bloodspike teams. It's not that hard to use. Put enfeebling blood on a group and spike with oppressive?
What does that have to do with this discussion?

MetasynMan
02-11-2006, 21:16
What do you mean? It's not an enchantment. It's a skill used by bloodspike teams. It's not that hard to use. Put enfeebling blood on a group and spike with oppressive?
I think he thought you meant to put it on the Dervish... which would be dumb. But what actually happens is there's maybe 3 necros alongside you (on a split) and the dervish loads up on it's own enchants, teleports to target location and unleashes the Sandstorm while the necros follow suit with the Oppressive Gaze spike, thus killing a few targets at once.

FlyingHippo
03-11-2006, 05:31
I ran a very similar build during NFPE except that I used D/Mo with signet of mystic wrath....

Fownkaymownkay
03-11-2006, 07:42
It was mentioned before in the discussion, why else would I ask? Think, think.

And, totally sorry, I was thinking about the Dervish skill Intimidating Aura. The guy in the description looked like he was Oppressively Gazing at somebody.. :tongue:

Sorry again. I didn't buy Factions, hence the reason why I wasn't familiar with the name. Prophecies and Nightfall for me. :grin:

Cambeul
03-11-2006, 08:15
I like to AoD b/c it adds one more enchantment to strip, and you take yourself out of combat as a alternative hehe.

Da Fanatic
06-11-2006, 09:05
I also made a simulair build, and i posted on another forum, and that build is nearly unbeatable:

http://www.guildwarsguru.com/forum/showthread.php?p=2174781

So I say you leave the healing to the monks, and take an ele to slow or knockdown in a large area, and help the monks healing.

But we only were able to test this build in the first friday, because now you have a big chance to find a hero way of henchie way :S. And they ball-up to mcuh and you kill a team in one single spike :P.

But i will trie your version of the DA-Spike ( thats how i call it :P)

moonos
07-11-2006, 03:07
its 16 earth prayers and 12 mysticism, left overs in shadow BTW..

ijack
07-11-2006, 05:37
Nothing new, it's something that exist from beta weekend.

Why War Machine? You are a fan of them?