PDA

View Full Version : What to upgrade my Scythe with?

SnowMan
02-11-2006, 06:27
I found the following scythe today:

Zealous Hooked Scythe of Fortitude
Slashing Dmg: 9-41 (Req. 9)
Energy gain on hit: 1
Energy regeneration -1
Health +29

... And i managed to get the inscription out.
So now the question is do i put a 15^50 or a 15% dmg while enchanted? :)

Shulkor
02-11-2006, 08:26
15^50 seems to be the most popular choice but enchanted would be just as good since the dervish uses many enchantments. btw what inscription did u remove?

SnowMan
02-11-2006, 08:29
15 while in a stance...pretty useless for me :P

Kojak
02-11-2006, 08:39
most definately 15% Whilst Enchanted. For two very strong reasons.

1.) You are usually always enchanted. That's a garunteed 15% Dmg bonus.

2.) Alot of the Dervish enchantments, Require a juggle in the health bar. Primarily dropping below 50%, and some down to 25% before the benefits kick into place. I find in the heat of battle, my health bar goes up and down at an alarming rate. (alarming for the monk, im used to it) A 15^50 Dmg mod, just isn't as feasible here.

Malhavoc Adhamar
02-11-2006, 09:34
15% while enchanted would be your best bet.

SnowMan
02-11-2006, 09:36
Makes sense, thanks for the replies.
Other then that, should I stick with 29HP or go with something like +20% ench duration.

Malhavoc Adhamar
02-11-2006, 09:41
Depends on what you're intending. If you're using 4 or more enchantments then I would be tempted to go for the 20% enchantment duration mod (the preorder Scythe fills this nicely, just need a zealous mod for mine) but if you're mainly going out with scythe attacks I would go for the extra health.

Cambeul
02-11-2006, 10:18
also are you the kinda Derv that likes to strip your own enchantments alot?

Scippy
02-11-2006, 12:59
9-41 is max damage ?

(im new at NightFall items ^^)

Longasc
02-11-2006, 13:28
Can the icy mod of the preorder Scythe be modded actually? I think it is fixed.
I got to try that out.

BTW - get a HP or Defense upgrade. 20% longer Enchantments does not make too much sense when you are a class that constantly strips and reapplies enchantments.

Kojak
02-11-2006, 14:07
20% longer Enchantments does not make too much sense when you are a class that constantly strips and reapplies enchantments.I can see where you're comming from with that, however I do have to disagree.

Many enchantments reap huge benefits from longer durations. Mirage Cloak, and Mystic Regeneration just to name a few.

Another huge advantage is if you plan on stripping multiple enchantments for an effect (such as mystic standstorm) or if you are planning on dealing dmg where the amount of enchantments you sustain is the variable. Such as Mystic Sweep, or Mystic Twister.

The longer duration of enchants, allows you to keep all enchants up (especially those ones that only have a 10 second duration, compared to your 30 second enchants) untill your prepared to deal the dmg or strip them all at once.

In regards to the +30hp mods for a scythe. I find this somewhat pointless. 30dmg is less an a typical hit from anyclass.

In regards to the armor mod. Your a health tank, the extra armor doesn't really make much difference considering the defense of your enchants. Kali near completed the game in starter armor. Which only proves my point.

Goldfish God
02-11-2006, 15:54
Can the icy mod of the preorder Scythe be modded actually? I think it is fixed.
I got to try that out.

As far as I know preorder weapons can be modded as normal.

BrotherGrimm
03-11-2006, 15:35
In regards to the +30hp mods for a scythe. I find this somewhat pointless. 30dmg is less an a typical hit from anyclass.
In terms of actual survivability, you have a good point. However, the PvE AI still selects primary targets based on AL and HP. If you run PvE w/ Henchment, then +30 hp can let you use some better runes, while still keeping you above 480HP (the henchmen mark). If we are talking PvP, forget I posted this.

I've heard some say that the 480HP barrier is a myth and does not matter, but at the start of a battle (especially if you are charging into a mob), NOT having the least HP in the party makes you much less of a primary target. Now if you are going to be running a bunch of Superior Runes and can't get +480 anyway, don't bother with the Fort mod.