PDA

View Full Version : looking for a paragon/fire element build

stubble
03-11-2006, 18:09
hi

after reading about the pryo paragons, would a paragon/ fire elemet build work well for the 'there on fire' skill and aoe fire skills from the element tree?

forgive me if im wrong but im new to GW's

dose anyone have a build for this kind of thing?

rentauri
03-11-2006, 19:33
That would be good but the main problem I see is that paragons dont have alot of energy to just so big fires wont work.

If your looking for a good use of "There on Fire" use Anthem of Flame and hit your front liners with Blazing Finale. Blazing is espically good if the target of it is a warrior who can spam shouts like Watch Yourself.

Akirai Annuvil
03-11-2006, 20:16
Since he's new I'm guessing he wants abit more explanation then that :wink:

What Rentauri means is that the AoE fire skills cost lots of energy, while a Paragon only has 25 energy as a max (it can be boosted, but it still wont be that much).

Since Leadership doesn't effect spells, you wont be regaining energy and most AoE Fire spells will cost 15 energy, + Mark of Rodgort... well the only possibility would be to use a Glyph of Lesser Energy. However then you're sacrificing a lot of slots for this (since you'll also need "They're on Fire!", probably want a res, and maybe want Anthem of Flame thrown in as well for additional Burning on command).
So an idea would be:

12 Leadership
10 Fire Magic
10 Spear Mastery

Blazing Spear/Cruel Spear {E} -- Causes Deep Wound
Barbed Spear
They're on Fire!
Anthem of Flame
Glyph of Lesser Energy
Firestorm
Mark of Rodgort
Signet of Return

Alright this should work decently, just use the Glyph, follow it with Firestorm, and for the entire ten seconds of Firestorm they'll be burning (assuming they won't move), and you'll receive heavily reduced damage.
In the meanwhle you can spam Anthem of Flame for Energy and MORE burning, which is nice for if they move out of the area of Firestorm.
You can use Barbed Spear to trigger the Anthem, and have 3 seconds of 10 degen on a single target. If you've got the adrenaline you can use Cruel Spear for a Deep Wound.
If you don't have Cruel Spear you could use Blazing spear for more burning on demand (spread the love :).

You should be able to get another Firestorm going and regen the energy back, especially with your Leadership rank which lets you regain energy from casting Anthem.
You can probably switch the elite around to something which fits your style better, maybe something which allows you to deal with conditions and hexes?

Anyways this was the best I could do for now :smiley:
Just don't forget to have fun and welcome to the game :wave:

rentauri
03-11-2006, 23:57

What Rentauri means is that the AoE fire skills cost lots of energy, while a Paragon only has 25 energy as a max (it can be boosted, but it still wont be that much).

Ah shucks I guess so.

That build looks pretty pretty good. The only thing I would say is that if you go find yourself able to deal with the energy costs trade Firestorm up for Teanai's Heat or Searing Flames, all targets burn if catch in it for the duration. In this case that Gylph will your energy big time also the simple add-on of a Fiery Spear head to trigger Rodgort's or the cheapy way is to fiery any old Fire Staff and it them then quickly flip-out to your spear when you want to damage them.

The biggest corcen the paragon has with any high Energy cost skill is Death Penatly. One death is going to hurt you two may cripple you but the Gyplh in his build will help.

rentauri
04-11-2006, 04:04
If the mods could combine this and the above post in case this is considered double posting I dont want to break any rules.

I was think that if you want to spread the burning love Searing Flames and Blowing Gaze (or just Searing) are prefect. Searing is an Elite but with its area and abilities it may be what your looking for.

Akirai Annuvil
04-11-2006, 13:03
It's only double posting when it's done within an hour of posting the other post.

Choosing Searing Flames is decent, but one of the main points is spammability... since you can't spam it it's sorta a waste in my eyes... but I admit it's better than most elite options you've got, so you might as wel take it.

And remove blazing spear >< I forgot that a fiery spearhead wuld just trigger Mark of Rodgort anyways and doesn't require 7 adrenaline ^^;; take some other spear attack instead I'd advice... maybe Wild Throw for killing stances, always a nice ability.

Mr Panda
04-11-2006, 14:44
If it's about fire spells on a Paragon, it's important to pick ones that a paragon (with a potentially high pool, but poor management without leadership) can handle;

Mind Blast: Elite Spell. Target foe is struck for 15...51 fire damage. If you have more Energy than target foe, you gain 1...7 Energy. (5e, 1s cast, 2s recharge).

Mark of Rodgort: Hex Spell. Target foe and all adjacent foes are hexed with Mark of Rodgort. For 10...30 seconds, whenever each foe is struck for fire damage, that foe is set on fire for 1...3 seconds. (15e, 1s cast, 5s recharge)

Glowing Gaze: Spell. Target foe takes 5...41 fire damage. If that foe is on Fire, you gain 1...7 Energy. (5e, 1s cast, 5s recharge.

Conjure Flame: Enchantment Spell. For 60 seconds, if you're wielding a fire weapon, your attacks strike for an additional 1...21 fire damage. (10e, 1s cast, 30s recharge)

Fire Attunement: Enchantment Spell. For 36...55 seconds, you are attuned to fire. You gain 1 energy plus 30% of the energy cost of the skill each time you use Fire Magic. (10e, 2s cast, 45s recharge)

These are some of the elementalist Fire Magic skills that I see being quite usable on a P/E. You may well not want to use them all, but they're quite viable with use/energy cost for a paragon. Mark of Rodgort for Burning, Mind Blast for direct damage + burn (from MoR), Glowing Gaze for energy + damage (+ more burn). Conjure flame for extra auto attack damage, fire attunement for energy management.

Now obviously thats no build there, just some potential skills + usage I could tihnk of.

JoeKnowMo
06-11-2006, 03:36
Glowing signet will also help w ur energy if foes are going to be on fire.

Cortana Quickblade
07-11-2006, 10:02

Since Leadership doesn't effect spells, you wont be regaining energy and most AoE Fire spells will cost 15 energy, + Mark of Rodgort... well the only possibility would be to use a Glyph of Lesser Energy. However then you're sacrificing a lot of slots for this (since you'll also need "They're on Fire!", probably want a res, and maybe want Anthem of Flame thrown in as well for additional Burning on command).
So an idea would be:

12 Leadership
10 Fire Magic
10 Spear Mastery

Blazing Spear/Cruel Spear {E} -- Causes Deep Wound
Barbed Spear
They're on Fire!
Anthem of Flame
Glyph of Lesser Energy
Firestorm
Mark of Rodgort
Signet of Return

Alright this should work decently, just use the Glyph, follow it with Firestorm, and for the entire ten seconds of Firestorm they'll be burning (assuming they won't move), and you'll receive heavily reduced damage.
In the meanwhle you can spam Anthem of Flame for Energy and MORE burning, which is nice for if they move out of the area of Firestorm.
You can use Barbed Spear to trigger the Anthem, and have 3 seconds of 10 degen on a single target. If you've got the adrenaline you can use Cruel Spear for a Deep Wound.
If you don't have Cruel Spear you could use Blazing spear for more burning on demand (spread the love :).

You should be able to get another Firestorm going and regen the energy back, especially with your Leadership rank which lets you regain energy from casting Anthem.
You can probably switch the elite around to something which fits your style better, maybe something which allows you to deal with conditions and hexes?

Anyways this was the best I could do for now :smiley:
Just don't forget to have fun and welcome to the game :wave:

I've been using this build for a while now. It seems fairly decent. It can cause some mid-ranged damage. I've started playing and tweaking it to cause more damage. I'll post in a day or so once I like what I've got, but just to let you know, with the Lesser Energy Glyph, I've had no energy problems. I've always got plenty on me. It is a perfectly acceptable build as is, but it just doesn't cause enough damage on its own. Feel free to toss out a couple more suggestions and I'll test them out, too. I've really been looking for a good P/E Fire build - Fire Spear or w/e. Thanks for offering this build!

Broken Symmetry
10-11-2006, 13:06
I have also been experimenting with fire-based P/E builds, and I came to the conclusion that the most useful elementalist skill for a fire-based paragon is in fact in the Water Magic line!

Steam: If target foe is on fire, Steam Blinds that foe for 5-9 seconds and strikes for 20-68 cold damage. Otherwise, that foe is struck for 10-54 cold damage. Energy cost: 5. Activation time: 1. Recharge: 8.

The P/E build I'm using is:
12 Leadership
12 Spear mastery
10 Water Magic

Aggressive refrain
Anthem of Flame
Barbed Spear
Cruel Spear
Blazing Spear
They're on Fire
Steam
Rez

Steam has the big advantage that it has a very low energy cost, and a low recharge time. Using it directly after Anthem of Flame+Barbed Spear/Cruel Spear or Blazing Spear gives a pretty big additional damage, and the blind is really very useful. With the listed attributes all fire effects last 3 seconds, giving plenty of time to cast Steam, and the enemy can be kep continuously blind.

King Smoked Ham
10-11-2006, 21:43
I have also been experimenting with fire-based P/E builds, and I came to the conclusion that the most useful elementalist skill for a fire-based paragon is in fact in the Water Magic line!

Steam: If target foe is on fire, Steam Blinds that foe for 5-9 seconds and strikes for 20-68 cold damage. Otherwise, that foe is struck for 10-54 cold damage. Energy cost: 5. Activation time: 1. Recharge: 8.

The P/E build I'm using is:
12 Leadership
12 Spear mastery
10 Water Magic

Aggressive refrain
Anthem of Flame
Barbed Spear
Cruel Spear
Blazing Spear
They're on Fire
Steam
Rez

Steam has the big advantage that it has a very low energy cost, and a low recharge time. Using it directly after Anthem of Flame+Barbed Spear/Cruel Spear or Blazing Spear gives a pretty big additional damage, and the blind is really very useful. With the listed attributes all fire effects last 3 seconds, giving plenty of time to cast Steam, and the enemy can be kep continuously blind.

^thats a pretty good idea^ I might try it later:wave:
P.S. Woot im 1st on 2nd page :cool:

Mr Panda
10-11-2006, 22:45
^thats a pretty good idea^ I might try it later:wave:
P.S. Woot im 1st on 2nd page :cool:

Depends on page settings - we're still on page1 for me and will continue to be for a fair bit still :)

And I must say, steam + burning is quite a nice idea :grin: