PDA

View Full Version : Minions + Shouts

Internal Injuries
05-11-2006, 01:29
Just tested. Go for the Eyes! and Fall Back! do NOT, repeate do NOT work on minions.

Stuff that targets a specific ally like mending refrain probably works on minions, but I didnt test that.

Hella Good
05-11-2006, 02:26
That's too bad, I was kinda excited to test minions and shouts.

Woop Shotty
05-11-2006, 02:47
So I guess that means Anthem of Flame and similar "ally" targeting skills won't work on minions either.

Calynda Danyciar
05-11-2006, 02:49
So I guess that means Anthem of Flame and similar "ally" targeting skills won't work on minions either.

Anthem of Flame dont has any use on minions, since they dont use an Attack skill, and you need attack skill for it to trigger the burning :smiley:

Hella Good
05-11-2006, 03:47
Makes me wonder if it would work on Spirits since AoFlame doesn't have the non-Spirit ally restrictions and attacking Spirits use skills, not regular attacks.

Sekia
05-11-2006, 04:24
Does anyone know if Anthem of Flame works on bears due to Brutal Mauling?

Khaunshar
05-11-2006, 04:35
Anthem of Flame works with ritualist spirits, as they use attack skills.

Woop Shotty
05-11-2006, 06:06
Nice point Calynda!

Khaunshar, is that tested?

kamekazis
05-11-2006, 09:35
Anthem of Flame dont has any use on minions, since they dont use an Attack skill, and you need attack skill for it to trigger the burning :smiley:
Reading this makes me wounder would it work with bears?

Edit-Bah some one asked before me.

Protege
05-11-2006, 09:50
id swear fall back does work on minons since when i cast it they get the blue junk around them of the heal and they keep up with the group

Calynda Danyciar
05-11-2006, 14:31

Hmm nice idea; hope it works :grin:, but second tough: it is an Monster skill, so it may not work afterall-
Just have to be tested :sunny:

GammaRay
05-11-2006, 17:40

You read my mind. I was just about to post that. o.o

If they apply to pets, and there's an 8-bear team, and Brutal Mauling triggers it...ouch.

Protege
05-11-2006, 23:37
I don't know what tests you ran but I went back online and verified that fall back does work on minions. It's easy enough to verify yourself just highlight a minion cast fall back and start running watch thier life they get the healing from fall back.

SilentMoon
05-11-2006, 23:54
Mending refrain certainly works on minions. Additionaly, they also hear you shouting anthem of flame, because it recharges the refrain. Finale of Restauration works as well.

Duncan Dragoon
06-11-2006, 00:56
You are wrong. I just tested with Burning Refrain+"Go For The Eyes!" on a flesh golem, and it ceartantly did trigger burning and a critical hit by the golem. Burning Refrain was NOT on me and only on the golem, I made sure of that. Anything that says "Ally" will work on minions and any thing that has a green triangle on your radar. However "Party Members" means just that, only people in your party.

Chthon
12-11-2006, 23:19
You are wrong. I just tested with Burning Refrain+"Go For The Eyes!" on a flesh golem, and it ceartantly did trigger burning and a critical hit by the golem. Burning Refrain was NOT on me and only on the golem, I made sure of that. Anything that says "Ally" will work on minions and any thing that has a green triangle on your radar. However "Party Members" means just that, only people in your party.

I agree. My tests confirm GFTE works on minions.

Yanen
13-11-2006, 02:40

Wow that's good news, i had been working on a P/N build and i'm glad to see that they didn't screw MMs with the shouts and stuff :happy:

critical vengeance
13-11-2006, 23:25
unless bugged all things that work on allies would work on allies. Some require those allies to do certain things though *helpful in alliance battles not on most things* like athem of flame. Never surrender and many command skills work on allies of any kind besides spirits.