PDA

View Full Version : My apologies and an opinion

I Orca I
05-11-2006, 04:25
Just to say I apologise for my skeptisim over the dervish ^ ^. They pwn far more than I gave them credit for.

On that note, am I the only one who thinks victorious sweep needs a nerf?
A 5 en 4sec recharge skill that hits for more than almost all the other scythe attacks, heals for 77 on 14 scythe mastery and well, hit three people with it and you het healed for over 200. for one scythe attack.

Yeah, as much as I love owning with it, its a bit much even for a Hp tank.
Higher recharge or lower dmg/heal cause its kinda unfair as is.

lavenbb
05-11-2006, 04:33
I think it's better to buff the other "weaker" ones to be up on par with victorious. Many of the scythe attacks only give 17 or so bonus damage, hardly noticable.

Woop Shotty
05-11-2006, 05:04
It's not all that easy to get even one heal. Hitting more than one foe with an attack is not something that happens all that often, and hitting off this skill on at least one foe that has less health than you at the moment that you need a heal happens much less.

critical vengeance
05-11-2006, 05:53
i say buff other skills, though yes i did notice this skill was a bit better than the rest

Fownkaymownkay
05-11-2006, 06:13
It's not all too hard to position yourself, the problem arises when the battle is nearing an end, but the monsters have low HP too, which leaves you unable to heal. Hence, Twin Moon Sweep (with Vital Boon) is on my bar. Ends up in a heal regardless of the enemies hp, so long as you have an enchant to strip off.

I Orca I
05-11-2006, 07:01
Fair nuff, I just thought the +28-29 dmg plus a 77 heal was a bit much, least in pvp. I mean I just whack away and generally cant be worn down and if two people stand together they have no hope. Then a reapers sweep to finish it.

I just though it was a tad unfair for my to constantly kill someone and heal myself to full at the same time all in one or two skills.

lavenbb
05-11-2006, 07:41
Fair nuff, I just thought the +28-29 dmg plus a 77 heal was a bit much, least in pvp. I mean I just whack away and generally cant be worn down and if two people stand together they have no hope. Then a reapers sweep to finish it.

I just though it was a tad unfair for my to constantly kill someone and heal myself to full at the same time all in one or two skills.

Then the problem is really on the foe, you'll kill them regardless of whether the heal kicked in.

In proper battles, the time where you need a heal is when you have less health than your foe, otherwise there's not much point, you already won.

Servant of Kali
05-11-2006, 10:42
Actually compared to other Dervish attacks you're right, Victorious IS overpowered. I was having the same thing. Chilling Victory is overpowered too. Well, it's not that it's overpowered when compared to other classes, im simply comparing it to other Dervish skills.

There are dervish skills which are conditional but give LESS dmg than Victorious sweet which will give +dmg unconditionally. I dont know what ANet has been thinking when balancing skills.

Selverein
05-11-2006, 17:59
I dunno...
It IS quite powerful, that's undeniable. But as others have stated, I don't think this skill needs to be nerfed: The weaker skills would need a buff.

As a side-note, I don't think Chilling Victory is overpowered because of its cost and recharge time. And I don't want Victorious Sweep to get nerfed and end up with the same cost and recharge. -_-

It's most useful in PvE, I guess, where it's possible to get monsters in a tight bunch and spam your skills. In PvP, no one has the right to whine about a Derv healing himself for (70x3) 200+ in one attack: It's their own fault for all standing close to each other with a Derv heading their way.

I'd like to add that, for me at least, Victorious Sweep is one of the few Scythe Mastery skill worth taking along. Most are useless unless you either keep putting enchants on yourself (Pious Assault, etc.), keep a lot of enchants on yourself (Mystic Sweep, etc.) and many are very conditionnal skills like that.

But meh, if they nerf it, they nerf it... I just hope they don't.