PDA

View Full Version : Best pet for Paragons

JoeKnowMo
06-11-2006, 03:28
A pet attack, e.g., predator's pounce, does not trigger burning from anthem of flame. The only pet skill that seem to trigger the effects of anthems is the black bear's Brutal Mauling. Thus despite its slightly slower attack speed, the bear seems to be the best pet for the paragon.

Brutal Mauling will trigger anthem of flame, anthem of envy, crippling anthem, anthem of fury, anthem of guidance, and zealous anthem (but energy doesn't matter for pets, so meh). None of the other pets will trigger the effects of anthems, from what I've seen.

Brutal mauling requires 4 adrenaline, so if you want it to recharge faster you could use Anthem of Fury (4 adrenaline gain at Leadership 13 or higher).

waywrong
06-11-2006, 04:34
aren't bears with brutal mauling available only in pre-sear?

So you'd need to be an R/P?

rentauri
06-11-2006, 05:51
Didnt think so, I thought that was black bears or something.

Besides I was under the impression that Mauling as classed as a Monster Skill not an Attack Skill and as a result would activate Anthem of Flame.

JoeKnowMo
06-11-2006, 09:09
U can get bears in the southern shiverpeaks. I got a black bear on my Para in Lornar's pass and then went and tested this out.

GammaRay
06-11-2006, 17:51
U can get bears in the southern shiverpeaks. I got a black bear on my Para in Lornar's pass and then went and tested this out.

If it really does work, you just answered a question from the Paragons + Minions thread (which the bear was brought up in). ^^