PDA

View Full Version : The Finalists - A Use for Heroes

Artemis Shadowhawk
06-11-2006, 16:37
The Finalists
This is what I currently use for my heroes. I found that Monk heroes aren't much better than Henchmen and I really wanted to optimize the synergy between Paragons, also known as Finales.

Azrael Blacksheep [P/W]
Axe Mastery 12
Motivation 9
Leadership 9+3

Furious Axe (15>50%) of Defense

Triple Chop [e]
Cyclone Axe
“Go for the Eyes!”
Blazing Finale
Finale of Restoration
Burning Refrain
Leader’s Comfort
Resurrection Signet

General Morgahn [P/W]
Leadership 11+1
Motivation 10+3
Spear Mastery 10

Furious Spear (+5 energy) of Defense

“Watch Yourself!”
“They’re on Fire!”
Anthem of Flame
Chorus of Restoration
Song of Purification [e]
Signet of Synergy
Finale of Restoration
Resurrection Signet

Magdrid the Sly [R/P]
Beast Mastery 8+3
Spear Mastery 12
Motivation 8
Expertise 7+1

Furious Spear (15>50%) of Defense

Spear of Lightning
Disrupting Throw
“Go for the Eyes!”
Rampage as One [e]
Finale of Restoration
Comfort Animal
Charm Animal
Resurrection Signet

Acolyte Jin [R/P]
Beast Mastery 8+3
Spear Mastery 12
Motivation 8
Expertise 7+1

Furious Spear (15>50%) of Defense

Spear of Lightning
Disrupting Throw
“Go for the Eyes!”
Rampage as One [e]
Finale of Restoration
Comfort Animal
Charm Animal
Resurrection Signet

Synopsis:
This build revolves solely around Finale of Restoration and “Go for the Eyes!” combing for huge health gain. Saying that everyone except General Morgahn has “Go for the Eyes!” as their only adrenaline skill, they will be able to constantly spam it. Furthermore, because it ends upon the next attack (not attack skill), it ends incredibly quickly, which prevents overlapping from multiple characters. Also, due to the fact that Cyclone Axe, Triple Chop, and Rampage as One all increase adrenaline gain drastically, each character will be able to readily spam “Go for the Eyes!” Consequentially, Finale of Restoration will trigger many, many times.

Furthermore, the Paragon player when paired with General Morgahn creates a very effective Burning Tank that aids the entire team. Besides the damage of Triple Chop, Blazing Finale will trigger just as often as Finale of Restoration, which means that everyone – and I mean everyone – will be burning. Saying that everyone is burning, everyone is going to receive fourty-one percent less damage.

General Morgahn also functions as a healer with buffs and condition removal. Between the armor bonus of “Watch Yourself!”, condition removal of Song of Purification, and spamming of Chorus of Restoration – which is triggered by “Go for the Eyes!” by the other party members – General Morgahn will further keep everyone on the team healthy and kicking.

The two Packhunters bring along pets to further increase damage output while raising party numbers and also utilize the bonuses of Rampage as One, which will increase the availability of “Go for the Eyes!” Disrupting Throw will always meet the required conditions (pun intended) due to the Burning Tank characteristic of the build, while Spear of Lightning – assisted by burning – helps deal with those high-armored foes.

Also, this build is built around the artificial intelligence of the Heroes. Heroes are incredibly good at recycling skills with no casting time such as “Go for the Eyes!” Also, by limiting the two Packhunters to only one adrenaline skill, ensures their use of it each instant it is recharged. General Morgahn is more complicated; however all of his skills are straight-forward and don’t require special chronological ordering to utilize. Simply by spamming them when they are available will ensure that he is fulfilling his role correctly.

Despite all of the defensive and healing capabilities of this build, it also offers a high damage output. This is contributed to by several key factors. The most important source of damage output is of course burning. By applying it to all adjacent foes and constantly applying it, the entire opposing force could possibly experience seven health degeneration. Also, this degeneration would be extremely hard to remove as it is continually being reapplied. Secondly, the addition of two pets receiving the increased attack speed - and therefore - damage per second bonuses of Rampage as One will add additional damage. Thirdly, the fact that all four characters are built around attacking instead of leaving a space open for a monk also increases the damage output.

However, this build does experience one major drawback and that is the weakness to hexes. With no hex removals, adrenaline-preventing or chant-and-shout-preventing hexes would seriously hinder the build. Although, this build has one benefit that helps cope with this. It isn’t just one Paragon that needs to be shut down, but in fact all three. Therefore, the build does not stop when hexed, but instead is reduced.

Overall, this build represents incredible survivability while maintaining high damage output. Most importantly though, this build fully compliments the Heroes used while they in-turn compliment the player.

Calculations:
Assuming that all the player and two Packhunters are capable of spamming “Go for the Eyes!” every 4 seconds (which is incredibly reasonable with with 33% increased attack speed and the use of Cyclone Axe and Triple Chop. In a 20 second span, Finale of Restoration will trigger a total of 15 times. Assuming that Finale of Restoration will yield an average of 50 health, that is a total health gain to the entire team of (50 health * 15 times * 4 characters) 3,000 health in twenty seconds. That is 37.5 health per second for each character.

However, we must also account for the other chants and shouts used by General Morgahn. General Morgahn will cast Anthem of Flame once every ten seconds and “They’re on Fire!” every twenty seconds. Assuming that he is capable of spamming “Watch Yourself!” three times, Chorus of Restoration twice, and Song of Purification twice in that same twenty second span, he will be adding an additional 10 triggers of Finale of Restoration. Therefore, he will yield another (50 health * 10 times * 4 characters) 2,000 health gain in that twenty second span just from Finale of Restoration. We also have to account for the use of Chorus of Restoration which will heal each character for around 100 health each time. This means that he will be healing an additional (100 health * 2 times * 4 characters) 800 health.

Therefore, our total health healed in 20 seconds is 5,800 health. Or in terms of per second, that is 72.5 health per second for each character.

Also, account for the fact that each character will have 100 or more armor at most times due to “Watch Yourself!” and 41% damage reduction due to “They’re on Fire!” All in all, this four man team should survive even the most brutal attacks.

Variations
Variant for Azrael Blacksheep [P/W]

Hammer 12
Leadership 9+3
Motivation 9

Furious Hammer (15>50%) of Defense

Hammer Bash
Crushing Blow
"Go for the Eyes!"
Soldier's Fury [e]
"Lead the Way!"
Finale of Restoration
Blazing Finale
Resurrection Signet

This variant build offers a little more practicality to fighting against players than dealing with mobs in PvE. Soldier's Fury and "Lead the Way!" grant 33% increased attack speed and 25% faster run speed, which paired with Hammer Bash helps prevent kiting and also serves to deal with disabling monks. Furthermore, being able to stay on the heals of your target will ensure that when Blazing Finale triggers, they'll be affected by it. Therefore, your target will be unable to kite for long and will eventually have to stop to heal. Once this happens, Hammer Bash will ensure that you along with the two pets and other heroes will all be able to land a hit in that space.

Jarn
06-11-2006, 19:11
Wow, does this look fun. I'm going out to cap Rampage as One right now. :O Are the Rangers using Superior Runes or Major Runes for Beast Mastery? And is Morgahn using a Superior or Major Motivation?

Jarn
06-11-2006, 20:23
Well, my edit time limit is done, so I have to post. I just tried this, and WOW is it nice. The healing, as you said, is incredible. The damage is very nice, too.

waywrong
07-11-2006, 12:46
As far as charging up GftE as a ranger, no elite does it better than Barrage. With a clumping of mobs, you can get a GftE off once every Barrage. With two rangers, maybe giving one of them Barrage and making her your main GftE spammer can drastically increase your healing output. My ranger was Barrage/GftE for a while, and the frequency at which I recycled that shout was pretty ridiculous. It was especially funny agains the Kournans who used Infuriating Heat, I had adrenaline coming out the wazoo.:tongue:

Artemis Shadowhawk
07-11-2006, 13:44
That's a good point. Perhaps I'll end up tweaking the build slightly to make them both Barrage Rangers. I always liked the idea of the Pack Hunter though. Hyena attack!

Also, I found that I can pretty much do anything with this build along with a henchmen Monk and not have any real problems.

Fownkaymownkay
07-11-2006, 14:16
I just gotta get the Gen. and I'll be able to try this out. Thanks!

rangerjon
09-11-2006, 01:25
Incredible 4-man build. Just wondering, is AI smart enough for player paragon and General Morgahn to switch places? I mean, give Morgahn the players bar and the player takes Morgahn's bar? If not, oh well.

Artemis Shadowhawk
09-11-2006, 01:35
Incredible 4-man build. Just wondering, is AI smart enough for player paragon and General Morgahn to switch places? I mean, give Morgahn the players bar and the player takes Morgahn's bar? If not, oh well.I haven't tried it, but I'm sure it would be. The only main concern would be if he didn't use Blazing Finale. Personally, I like playing that role because I can attack the right targets and more importantly position myself so that I am adjacent to more foes. In my opinion it's more of a tactical build and that's why I'd rather play it than put it in General Morgahn's hands.

Psychotic
09-11-2006, 02:35
I must say, impressive build. I haven't tried it yet, but I'll be hitting my paragon later to test this as close as I can. Alot of those skills I somewhat dismissed before as their requirements weren't met enough, but with 4 people spamming GftE! it should be no problem.