PDA

View Full Version : Paragon/Warrior PVE build

wildmaiden
08-11-2006, 02:34
I've been using this build for a while, and it's seems to be pretty effective. I'm hoping that by posting this here I can get some ideas on how to improve my build or help somebody else improve theirs.

Spear of Lightning
Barbed Spear
"Watch Yourself!"
Anthem of Flame
"They're On Fire!"
Aggressive Refrain
Mending Refrain
Signet of Return

http://img.photobucket.com/albums/v333/WildMaiden/pwbuild.jpg

Here is how I use it:

I begin by casting Mending Refrain on myself. While it is recharging, I cast Anthem of Flame and "They Are On Fire". When Mending Refrain recharges after 8 seconds, I cast it on the next person in my party list. At about the same time, Anthem of Flame wears off and my own Mending refrain is recharged. When Mending Refrain recharges again after 8 seconds, I cast it on the next person (the 3rd person) in my party list. At about the same time, "They're On Fire" wears off and both mine and the 2nd party member's Mending Refrains are recharged. While I wait for Mending Refrain to recharge to cast it on the 4th person in my party, I cast Anthem of Flame and "They Are On Fire!" once again. I repeat this process over and over until my entire party has Mending Refrain on.

Once everybody has a +4 health regen from Mending Refrain, I continue to diligently cast Anthem of Flame and "They Are On Fire" every 20 seconds. By doing that, every 10 seconds Mending Refrain is recharged on all party members.

How do I have enough energy to do this? Well, with Leadership at 10, every shout, chant, echo etc. I cast gives me 1 energy per 2 ranks of Leadership for each ally that withing earshot, or 5 energy, assuming at least 5 other people are within earshot. This means Anthem of Flame essentially costs 0, pending I have the 5 energy to pay upfront, which I then make back when the chant is heard by 5 party members, and "They Are On Fire!" costs only 5 energy.

I do all this whether I am in battle or out of battle. While in battle, I spam "Watch Yourself!", Anthem of Flame, and "They Are On Fire!". By spamming "Watch Yourself!" (which is a very under-rated skill in my opinion), I not only help protect my team by raising their armor levels, I also effectively convert 4 adrenaline into 5 energy because of Leadership.

In order to gain adrenaline faster, I opted to include "For Great Justice!" in my build. It didn't seem to fit right, so I swapped it with Aggressive Refrain. By increasing my attack rate, I do more damage per second and gain more adrenaline per second, which with this build means I have more energy to use to spam Anthem of Flame and "They're On Fire!" as well as enough to use Spear of Lightning as often as I wish without every really running out of energy (keep in mind that Anthem of Flame essentially costs 0 energy and "They're On Fire" costs only 5.)

Aggressive Refrain costs 25 energy, but if done correctly should only need to be cast once, since it will recharge every time Mending Refrain does.

The last skill should be some way to resurrect fallen party members. I chose Signet of Return because it can be used more than once.

Cons:
1) This build only works if there are enough party members within earshot. It is vital that your group stays together or you will be more or less useless.

2) There is no way to truly monitor whether or not Mending Refrain is properly being recharged on everybody. Assuming everybody is within earshot for every shout or chant, you can tell by looking at your own status. However, it is very unlikely that every shout or chant you use will be heard by every party member. For this reason, it's a good idea to periodically being re-casting Mending Refrain by the same method used in the beginning to make sure your entire party has that +4 health regen.

3) If you forget to cast Anthem of Flame and "They're On Fire!" every 20 seconds to maintain Mending Refrain, this build tends to fall appart.

Pros:
1) Once in battle, if you get energy drained by a mesmer or for some reason do not have enough energy, it is still possible to maintain Mending Refrain by using "Watch Yourself!"

2) Entire party has +4 health regen.

3) Very rarely runs low on energy.

4) The chants that are used to maintain Mending Refrain have desirable effects as well. Anthem of Flame with "They Are On Fire" helps deal more damage and 'causes the enemy to deal less damage to you.

5) It's fun!

Please post any ideas you may have as to how to improve this build. Thanks :)

hjrrockies
08-11-2006, 02:42
Nice build overall =)

In my opinion, you should drop Barbed Spear (The extra degen isnt worth the slot for this "support" build in my opinion) And put in a Motivation Elite, like Song of Restoration. Also, drop some points from Spear Mastery, and raise Leadership to 12, so then you get 6 energy and 3 seconds of burning from AoF. This is almost the exact same build that I have been using with sucess as well.

My attributes are:

Leadership 11+1 = 12
Motivation 12+1+1 = 14
Spear Mastery 7+1 = 8

critical vengeance
08-11-2006, 03:07
song of restoration is pretty nice ^ it makes sure things trigger pretty well, song of purification is pretty nice too, makes the team pretty condition cleansed.

waywrong
08-11-2006, 04:27
Don't you get ticked off when some guy just wanders off on his own out of earshot? Then you got to chase him down and reapply the refrains again and he does it again the next time, just messing up your shout/chant cycle? Then he demands you put it back on him? That annoys the crap out of me. Aggressive Refrain is damn expensive, and I'm not made of energy, if you want to attack faster, stay in range!!!!:angry:

I can stand doing it with Henchmen/Heroes because they always stand around you, but even with guildies, who you can yell at over Vent, I find it kind of annoying to have to reapply refrains. You, sir, must have the patience of a thousand saints to do this not with 1, but 2 refrains.

wildmaiden
08-11-2006, 04:58
Song of Restoration may indeed be a good addition.

and yes, it is annoying at times to have to reapply the refrain, but it's only 1 that would beed to be reapplied (Mending Refrain), not 2. Aggressive Refrain is only cast one me, so it's very easy to monitor.

Thanks for the ideas.

nSin
08-11-2006, 17:28
I can stand doing it with Henchmen/Heroes because they always stand around you, but even with guildies, who you can yell at over Vent, I find it kind of annoying to have to reapply refrains. You, sir, must have the patience of a thousand saints to do this not with 1, but 2 refrains.

You realise that agressive refrain is a self cast only right