PDA

View Full Version : List NPC ganker build!

melandrus elite
08-11-2006, 02:53
mine is
(a/w)
15 dagger
11 critical
9 shadow
skills
1 AoD {E}
2 golden pheonix strike
3 horns of the ox
4 falling spider
5 malicious strike
6 distracting blow
7 fiegned neutrality
8 res sig

tele in fire off combo use distracting blow on rangers troll unguent
tele out heal and finish 'em off. kicks @$$ in GvG, I can kill all the rangers the bodyguards and get some good damage in on the lord while waiting for my team to come finish him.
post yours I really am looking forward to seeing it!

cilenia
08-11-2006, 11:20
my guild uses the "you are all alone" gankerbuild

The W/A "You're All Alone!"-ganker

Attributes:

Strength: 8 + 1
Swordsmanship: 12 + 1 + 3
Tactics: 10 + 1

Skills:

"You're All Alone!"
Sever Artery
Gash
Final Thrust
Disrupting Dagger
Signet of Malice
Healing Signet
Sprint

Template: AxNREpcVHCrfBwEY2RMwAQXB

Usage: Kill stuff when you can. And try not to die.

Variant: Swap out sprint for a res sig.

scamPOR
14-11-2006, 06:32
no twisting fangs? ummmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmm wow?

ump
15-11-2006, 23:21
You can also make a viable You're All Alone ganker with an axe.

1) Critical Chop
2) Dismember
3) Disrupting Dagger (I like this idea, I had to copy it)
4) You're All Alone!
5) Signet of Malice
6) Healing Signet
7) Shadow of Haste
8) Dash

You can probably trade Shadow of Haste/Dash with Frenzy/Sprint or whatever combo you prefer.

oriza
16-11-2006, 08:09
What about this one?

Assassin/Monk:

Mending Touch
Shadow Prison
Black Spider Strike
Twisting Fangs
Shadow of Haste
Dash
Feigned Neutrality/Shadow Refuge
Disrupting Dagger

shadow the hero
16-11-2006, 09:35
What about this one?

Assassin/Monk:

Mending Touch
Shadow Prison
Black Spider Strike
Twisting Fangs
Shadow of Haste
Dash
Feigned Neutrality/Shadow Refuge
Disrupting Dagger
Nox A's Assassin build isn't it?

adrenalinq
16-11-2006, 12:30
A/Mo

1 AoD {E}
2 golden pheonix strike
3 horns of the ox
4 falling spider
5 twisting fangs
6 shadow refuge
7 contemplation of purity
8 dark escape

cilenia
20-11-2006, 15:21
how about

E/A Searing Flames Baseganker

Air magic 7+1
Fire magic 12+1+3
Energy storage 8+1
Shadow arts 8

Searing Flames
Glowing Gaze
Blinding Flash
Fire Attunement
Glyph of Elemental Power/Glyph of Lesser energy
Shadow Refuge
Shadow of Haste
Dash

or

Mesmer baseganker

Skills:
Image of remorse
conjure the phantasm
Crippling Anguish
Signet of Disruption
Shadow refuse
frigned neutrality
dash
Shadow of haste

Att:
Illusion 16 (12+1+3)
Shadow arts 11
Fast casting 7 (6+1)

weapon:Insightful PvP jeweled Staff of fortitude "To much information"

Armor:Stalwart armor with Runes Restoration and Recovery

Die In Basra
21-11-2006, 01:39
If you use sups anywhere, let alone a ganker, uninstall guild wars.

Dogbert
21-11-2006, 19:11
Heh yeah i know what you mean :)
By the way i see some people using disrupting dagger on their warrior gank builds. Can you use disrupting dagger with an axe? Why not use distracting blow?

Die In Basra
21-11-2006, 23:17
Because ddagger can hit a deep freeze on a running ele.

melandrus elite
22-11-2006, 06:22
Heh yeah i know what you mean :)
By the way i see some people using disrupting dagger on their warrior gank builds. Can you use disrupting dagger with an axe? Why not use distracting blow?

disrupting dagger 1/2 second

disrupting chop 1 full second

thats why

Jeppe
22-11-2006, 09:11
Distracting Blow 5e - 1/2 cast - 10 recharge tbh..
not talking about chop.

Patccmoi
22-11-2006, 22:59
Disrupting Dagger should always replace DBlow imo if you're not using your secondary or if you're on /A already. It is in every way shape or form superior to Distracting Blow. The only exception would be like fighting against Spell Breaker/Obsidian Flesh, and let's face it if you are you're likely already a good way towards winning no matter what your interrupt is!

Disrupting Dagger casts faster (.25 vs .5), it's a spell (can't be blocked/evaded), has half spell range (which is still far better than melee) and the exact same stats (5E/10s recharge) and it actually does damage (though small, it's still better than nothing).

Actually that's wrong, i forgot that Distracting Blow can potentially interrupt in adjacent AOE, but i think i noticed that happening about twice in PvP on likely 100s of interrupts with it, while Disrupting Daggers advantages are felt all the time. Really, just replace DBlow by DDagger all the time unless your secondary is locked on something else.

Dogbert
27-11-2006, 15:38
Disrupting Dagger should always replace DBlow imo if you're not using your secondary or if you're on /A already. It is in every way shape or form superior to Distracting Blow. The only exception would be like fighting against Spell Breaker/Obsidian Flesh, and let's face it if you are you're likely already a good way towards winning no matter what your interrupt is!

Disrupting Dagger casts faster (.25 vs .5), it's a spell (can't be blocked/evaded), has half spell range (which is still far better than melee) and the exact same stats (5E/10s recharge) and it actually does damage (though small, it's still better than nothing).

Actually that's wrong, i forgot that Distracting Blow can potentially interrupt in adjacent AOE, but i think i noticed that happening about twice in PvP on likely 100s of interrupts with it, while Disrupting Daggers advantages are felt all the time. Really, just replace DBlow by DDagger all the time unless your secondary is locked on something else.

I see the advantages of using disrupting dagger i just didn't know you could use it with an axe.

Patccmoi
27-11-2006, 16:39
I see the advantages of using disrupting dagger i just didn't know you could use it with an axe.

kk.

Every dagger 'spell' can be used with any weapon cause they're just that, spells. So Crippling Dagger, Disrupting Dagger, Dancing Daggers... they're all just spells you can use with anything. As long as it's not an attack skill the weapon is never taken into consideration.

R A N D O M
28-11-2006, 00:05
Has anyone tried this? Especially now that knights agro so easily or is a touch ranger just not cool?

Ranger/Necromancer
Level: 20

Expertise: 12 (10+2)
Wilderness Survival: 9 (8+1)
Blood Magic: 12

- Wallow's Bite (Blood Magic)
- Vampiric Bite (Blood Magic)
- Plague Touch (Necromancer Other)
- Escape [Elite] (Expertise)
- Whirling Defense (Expertise)
- Natural Stride (Wilderness Survival)
- Throw Dirt (Expertise)
- Troll Unguent (Wilderness Survival)

it could work...

seriously...

hunty
28-11-2006, 10:04
here comes my beasty build.
on my first try with this build it took me 8 min. to kill guild lord and all around npc'es. but i was not in a hurry.
Ranger/Monk
1.poisonus bite
2.Secreaming shot
3.Distracting S.
4.Mend ailment
5.Heal as one
6.trol ungent
7.Symbiotic bond.
8.Charm animal

Maiming strike or whirling defence can be more useful than distracting shot.

Symbolic Self
28-11-2006, 11:19

While I agree that DD is better in almost every way, keep in mind that you can't compare activation times for melee attacks to activation times for interrupts. The actual "hit" for distracting blow will come somewhere in the middle of the animation, so in reality it's more like a .25sec cast time interrupt.

sahlakh
28-11-2006, 16:43
Disrupting Dagger casts faster (.25 vs .5)

That is incorrect, the skill description has it wrong. Distracting blow is instant, not 1/2. It's even faster than mesmer interrupts.

If you don't believe me, test it by yourself.

Patccmoi
28-11-2006, 17:53
That is incorrect, the skill description has it wrong. Distracting blow is instant, not 1/2. It's even faster than mesmer interrupts.

If you don't believe me, test it by yourself.

Ya that's true, pretty much like Ranger interrupts. Attack that have a .5 activation time are just instant, my bad on that.

But DD at .25s activation remains fast enough to catch anything you could on reaction.